PDA

View Full Version : I just discovered Pagan folk metal and I must say it's pretty sweet!

Travis The Dragon
03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
http://www.myspace.com/officialheidevolk

Great stuff for sure! :rocker:

idrinkwine732
03-29-2010, 07:10 PM
A bit late to the party man

Travis The Dragon
03-30-2010, 11:54 AM
A bit late to the party man

As long as I show up before the party's over. Does it really matter when someone discovers a band or certain type of music?

idrinkwine732
03-30-2010, 03:32 PM
As long as I show up before the party's over. Does it really matter when someone discovers a band or certain type of music?

YES IT DOES.

jk, but yeah, I've been diggin it for a year or so now.

JuuKun
03-30-2010, 03:47 PM
jk, but yeah, I've been diggin it for a year or so now.

You're a bit late to the party, too, then. 4 years or so here. And I'm late to someone else's party, I'm sure. :)

Heidevolk are awesome, I was listening to them the other day. I'd also recommend Primordial, Thyrfing, Månegarm, and Windir. There are plenty of other good bands out there for sure, but those are four of my favorite Pagan/Folk/Viking bands.

Travis The Dragon
03-30-2010, 04:49 PM
You're a bit late to the party, too, then. 4 years or so here. And I'm late to someone else's party, I'm sure. :)

Heidevolk are awesome, I was listening to them the other day. I'd also recommend Primordial, Thyrfing, Månegarm, and Windir. There are plenty of other good bands out there for sure, but those are four of my favorite Pagan/Folk/Viking bands.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out for sure!

ChildrenofSodom
03-30-2010, 05:14 PM
What a coincidence: I just discovered Buddhist Folk Metal.

xStructualDefect
03-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Equilibrium has got to be the funnest folk metal band IMO. check 'em out.

Travis The Dragon
03-30-2010, 05:46 PM
What a coincidence: I just discovered Buddhist Folk Metal.

Is that a joke or is there really such a thing?

ChildrenofSodom
03-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Is that a joke or is there really such a thing?

Yeah. So is Hindu Folk Metal and Raelian Folk Metal. No, I'm kidding. Just making a joke about "Pagan folk".

idrinkwine732
03-30-2010, 06:13 PM

I'm still a young'n, whose only been listening to metal for only 4 years, and been interested in the underground for only 2 of them.

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm still a young'n, whose only been listening to metal for only 4 years, and been interested in the underground for only 2 of them.Sheeeeeeit - I have CD's that are older than you. ;)

TonyD
03-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Sheeeeeeit - I have CD's that are older than you. ;)

Can't be by much. I'm still coping with the fact that they're becoming obsolete.

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Can't be by much. I'm still coping with the fact that they're becoming obsolete.
Well let's just say that when Bonded by Blood came out, I bought it on "one of them there new-fangled CD thingies". You do the math. ;)

TonyD
03-30-2010, 07:37 PM
I thought they weren't really relevant til '88 or so. The moar you know.

idrinkwine732
03-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Well let's just say that when Bonded by Blood came out, I bought it on "one of them there new-fangled CD thingies". You do the math. ;)

Yeah, that one's quite a bit older than me.