ANTHRAX

A.I.R.
Madhouse
Aftershock
The Enemy
Metal Thrashing Mad
Stand Or Fall
Gung-Ho

Fuck you, you should have played Medusa instead.

maidenpriest
03-23-2010, 09:08 PM

either song is amazing

IrritatedTrout
03-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Was Ray any good? I don't think I've ever heard his voice before.

Maiden33
03-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Was Ray any good? I don't think I've ever heard his voice before.

Ray Gillen was a great and underrated singer. Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boezt3HiT5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzh9WEeRACE&feature=related

He sings the higher harmony on the chorus and half of the vocal duel in the outro on the second one.

ijwthstd
03-23-2010, 10:33 PM
The Eternal Idol with Ray Gillen vocals can easily be found online. I prefer it to the Tony Martin version.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-23-2010, 10:48 PM
I saw this tour at the Dallas Convention Center arena. It was just Wasp and Sabbath, though. Got an Iommi guitar pick from the show somewhere.

PowerMaiden
03-24-2010, 12:24 PM
I was at that show :bliss:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sanitarium78
03-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Did Ray Gillian actually sing at this show? One of the rumors of this tour was he couldn't sing for whatever reason so he lip synched. Sabbath's keyboardist Geoff Nichols always played hidden, off the side of the stage where nobody could see him. The rumor was he started singing the songs at some point on the tour and Ray was just lip synching the whole time.

Just wondering what happened at this show?

davidis138
03-24-2010, 01:43 PM

They should have put out an album last year instead too but Anthrax isn't famous for great decisions

Maiden33
03-24-2010, 02:07 PM
They should have put out an album last year instead too but Anthrax isn't famous for great decisions

Based on what I've heard of Dan Nelson, I'd much rather have a new album with John Bush.

makethemsuffer12
03-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Did Ray Gillian actually sing at this show? One of the rumors of this tour was he couldn't sing for whatever reason so he lip synched. Sabbath's keyboardist Geoff Nichols always played hidden, off the side of the stage where nobody could see him. The rumor was he started singing the songs at some point on the tour and Ray was just lip synching the whole time.

Just wondering what happened at this show?

That was actually the case with Glen Hughes, whom Gillen replaced on this tour.

Sanitarium78
03-24-2010, 05:43 PM
That was actually the case with Glen Hughes, whom Gillen replaced on this tour.

That's right. I guess I just got my singers confused. Sabbath had such an turn over in band members at this time it's sometimes hard to remember who was who.

As much as I love them I never liked the Seventh Star album and haven't listened to it in like 15 years. So i'm not surprised I forgot who was singing for them here.

davidis138
03-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Based on what I've heard of Dan Nelson, I'd much rather have a new album with John Bush.

I'd rather have an album with Joey on it but Bush is just as good. But first they had an album then it's shelved and now its way pushed back and all kinds of shit; Worship Music has really become Anthrax's Chinese Democracy.

Sanitarium78
03-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Worship Music has really become Anthrax's Chinese Democracy.

Not just yet, Anthrax will have to keep pushing Worship Music back for over a decade before it reaches Chinese Democracy levels.

Also, I don't understand why people still want Joey back? They tried that a few years ago and it FAILED miserably. They just can't get along with each other, so what's the point of hoping he comes back when we have recent proof it just isn't gonna work now?

Bush is the best option now and i'm fine with that. Hopefully Scott and Charlie can get their shit together soon. Otherwise by the time they come back they're gonna be more irrelavent than they were when WCFYA came out.

Indestructible
03-25-2010, 12:53 PM
How good did the songs sound with Ray on vocals or whoever was singing that night.

makethemsuffer12
03-25-2010, 01:26 PM
How good did the songs sound with Ray on vocals or whoever was singing that night.

Youtube/Google is your friend.

davidis138
03-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Not just yet, Anthrax will have to keep pushing Worship Music back for over a decade before it reaches Chinese Democracy levels.

Also, I don't understand why people still want Joey back? They tried that a few years ago and it FAILED miserably. They just can't get along with each other, so what's the point of hoping he comes back when we have recent proof it just isn't gonna work now?

Bush is the best option now and i'm fine with that. Hopefully Scott and Charlie can get their shit together soon. Otherwise by the time they come back they're gonna be more irrelavent than they were when WCFYA came out.

I thought the reunion was cool; of course if they can't get along then they can't but one can dream :D

But I do agree that Bush is the only way to go for Anthrax right now or they might just be done. S.O.D. reunion....? :drool: