http://www.heidenfest.eu/index2.php

VERY SPECIAL GUEST TBA
Ensiferum
Equilibrium
Swashbuckle
Heidevolk
Eisregen (on some dates)
Varg (on some dates)

I know this really doesn't concern a good majority of the board here, but the "Special Guest" slot makes me wonder. If it's a Paganfest-type bill and it's going to be special, what do you think it is?

I was lurking the nets and someone suspected it could be a pagan/viking supergroup and do Bathory covers.

xStructualDefect
03-23-2010, 05:09 PM
i'd love to see Ensiferum with Equilibrium. don't care for the others.

don't want to get my hopes high, but maybe WINTERSUN?

Derelict
03-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Seeing as how swashbuckle is on the bill, its likely blackguard

idrinkwine732
03-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Seeing as how swashbuckle is on the bill, its likely blackguard

:lol:

I bet it's somebody bigger than Wintersun or Blackguard.

Derelict
03-23-2010, 06:37 PM
:lol:

I bet it's somebody bigger than Wintersun or Blackguard.

It gets no bigger than blackguard

JuuKun
03-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Wintersun I could see. The supergroup Bathory coverband thing is a really cool idea, too.

I would love to see Equilibrium get on a US tour. Same for Heidevolk.

It makes it a lot tougher since, y'know, they've got to be playing above Ensiferum, so that knocks out a lot of Folk and Viking bands. I almost thought about maybe Manegarm or Thyrfing (another two I would love to see), but don't know if either could play above Ensiferum.

Perhaps the members of Vreid doing a Windir set?

You know, I was wondering the other day why there hasn't been any word of a Paganfest 2010. There's still so many bands in the Folk & Viking market that need to get over here - I mean, Paganfest has helped all of these bands get on more tours: after the Moonsorrow/Finntroll tour, Primordial will be the only band to have played a Paganfest and not come back through the US on another full tour, and both Paganfests were the first US tour for every band on the bill except Swashbuckle. NEED MOAR VIKING AND FOLK!

ravenheart
03-24-2010, 05:24 AM
The Bathory supergroup already exist. They're called Twilight of The Gods. It's A.A. Nemtheanga from Primordial on vocals, Stian "Iscariah" Smorholm (Necrophagia, ex-Immortal) on bass, Nick Barker on drums (everyone, ever), and guitarists are Rune "Blasphemer" Eriksson (Ex-Mayhem) and Patrik Lindgren (Thyrfing).

Currently the only shows they are playing are the five Metalfest Open-Air events in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary and Switzerland in late Spring, so I'd say an Autumn tour like this is a good shout.

Additionally, Watain are doing a few shows where they're playing a regular set followed by a Bathory covers set. At least, they're doing that at Sweden Rock. Not sure if that's an exclusive or not.

mankvill
03-24-2010, 06:26 AM
Perhaps the members of Vreid doing a Windir set?

:drool:

mastodon421
03-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Ensiferum is the only I care about but I have never seen them before so I might go to this.

IrritatedTrout
03-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Quite a way to travel for one band.

JuuKun
03-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Ensiferum is the only I care about but I have never seen them before so I might go to this.

This is a European tour, bro.

There are a band or two I'd travel to Europe just to see, but I have a feeling since Ensiferum tour here fairly often I don't think you noticed that.

Also: A Bathory cover band with NEMTHEANGA on vocals?! :drool:

Derelict
03-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Anyone heard anything about a paganfest-usa 3? There should have been dates by now if it was happening in the spring like the previous 2

JuuKun
03-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Anyone heard anything about a paganfest-usa 3? There should have been dates by now if it was happening in the spring like the previous 2

Yeah, I haven't heard a single thing. It's probably safe to assume that there won't be one this spring. But, if I recall correctly, last year's Paganfest Europe was rescheduled from Spring until later in the year due to scheduling issues - maybe they didn't want to compete with the Finntroll/Moonsorrow tour, or something. Maybe we'll get one later in the year.

moobys37
03-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I haven't heard a single thing. It's probably safe to assume that there won't be one this spring. But, if I recall correctly, last year's Paganfest Europe was rescheduled from Spring until later in the year due to scheduling issues - maybe they didn't want to compete with the Finntroll/Moonsorrow tour, or something. Maybe we'll get one later in the year.

It also could have something to do with the Amon Amarth/Eluveitie tour. I could see a summer tour with bands like Arkona and Equilibrium coming over. Both have July blank in their tour routing.

GameFreac
03-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Vreid is doing a Windir set but it's only a few shows:

The dates are as follows:

Apr. 29 - W2, De Bosch, Netherlands
Apr. 30 - Ragnarök festival, Kreuth, Germany
May 01 - Fiesta Pagana, Schmerikon, Switzerland

GameFreac
03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Also, I concur. We need Paganfest 3 details now.

mastodon421
03-24-2010, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=JuuKun;259104]This is a European tour, bro.

There are a band or two I'd travel to Europe just to see, but I have a feeling since Ensiferum tour here fairly often I don't think you noticed that.[QUOTE]

Whoops I am a fucking idiot:lol:

moobys37
05-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Dammit I hate living in America:

TWILIGHT OF THE GODS - A Bathory Tribute

These days a sensational all-star-project titled TWILIGHT OF THE GODS reinforces the thesis that true gods will never die. Five prominent heroes of the Northern metal-scene have joined together to pay endless tribute to the dignified Swedish cult-combo Bathory. Alan Nemtheanga (Primordial), Nick Barker (Dimmu Borgir, Cradle Of Filth), Blasphemer (Mayhem), Frode Glesnes (Einherjer) and Patrik Lindgren (Thyrfing) open up the books of history to continue in honor the fabulous legacy of master Quorthon 6 years after his tragic decease. Deeply connected with the heathen spirit of Bathory, this artist-fusion interprets the immortal hymns of the Swedish kings in a new, but also traditional way. With this audacious project, Alan Nemtheanga and his followers demonstrate, that the “Hammerheart” is still pounding restlessly in the chest of the pagan scene. You should also pay respect to the godfathers of Viking Metal and not miss this very special history-lesson!

http://www.heidenfest.eu/index2.php?lang=en

mankvill
05-18-2010, 04:59 PM
That

Is

TITS

JuuKun
05-18-2010, 05:29 PM
After ravenheart's post, I figured it was going to be Twilight of the Gods. Nemtheanga singing Bathory covers is going to be amazing for anyone who gets to see this. Lucky Europe. :drool: