PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- Atlanta, GA -- March 21st, 2010

larvtard
03-22-2010, 04:10 PM

Crionics
03-22-2010, 04:21 PM
I wore my Slayer shirt when I saw Deth a few months ago..only saw 2 other people wearing one, and one of them was a roadie for one of the opening bands. saw lots of Maiden though

Crionics
03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I also noticed that the people wearing Slayer were the ugliest people in the crowd :D (except me, of course ;) )

And Me when I did :tongue:..Lets see I think I saw some guy with Death..1 guy in an Overkill..I think a couple of AC/DC, but the most was people wearing Megadeth Shirts to a Megadeth Concert..meh

jhdeity
03-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Cumstaine! Love it!

SomewhereInTime72
03-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Those tickets are so goddamn expensive.

Around $50 to see 3 fairly major bands from the floor? Expensive? Get a job. :tongue:

KISSrules2814
03-22-2010, 07:19 PM
One of the most intense shows I've ever been to. I actually had to be lifted over the guard rail just to get out of the front. People crushed me and I lost my shoe and had to wait till the end of the show to get it.. CRAZY!

Butcher of Birth
03-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Hmmm, Doesn't seem like we were at the same show at all...

I stood at the back for Exodus, they were good, I have seen better but they at least got the crowd going unlike another band of the night.

From where I was for Testament (which was 4 rows from Rail), the crowd was mostly dead or at least not as into it as they were for Exodus. Granted most the people were singing the words and what not, but the only pit I saw was a few people behind me and it was 10-12 people, hardly anything note worthy. In fact I turned to the guy next to me and he said "If it's gonna be that small they should stop, because they are just gonna bother people."

When Megadeth started up I headed back to the soundboard and the place looked like it was slamming hard. I didn't see a "pit" but just a lot of movement. My friend who was on rail said after Tornado he had to get off the rail because the pain and pressure of everyone surging up was not worth it to be upfront. He said he tried to get back farther in the crowd but the crowd was so packed in that he made it 4-5 rows back then couldn't move.

Honestly, Megadeth stole the show mainly because a) Everyone knew the words b) The Sound was great (minus Dave's Mic and the Cymbals, they were low) and c) It was Rust In Peace, screw "The Legacy".

Overall
Exodus 7/10
Testament 8-8.5/10
Megadeth 9.5/10 (The mix is what hurt them here)

Usually The band isn't in such high spirits, but they were having a good time last night.

Skin 'O My Teeth
In My Darkest Hour
She-Wolf
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was The Cure
Lucretia
Tornado Of Souls
Dawn Patrol
Rust In Peace...Polaris
Head Crusher
Trust
Symphony of Destruction

Peace Sells
...The Punishment Due

Butcher of Birth
03-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Videos from the show

...The Punishment Due (1st Time) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJgLQDnKG00&feature=player_embedded)

She-Wolf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woC4q1z3yDo&feature=channel)

DethMaiden
03-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Around $50 to see 3 fairly major bands from the floor? Expensive? Get a job. :tongue:

In high school it would have been a bargain but now it's basically a deal-breaker. :snivel:

idrinkwine732
03-22-2010, 07:54 PM
In high school it would have been a bargain but now it's basically a deal-breaker. :snivel:

Do I need to start a College Concert Fund?

DethMaiden
03-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Do I need to start a College Concert Fund?

I would highly recommend it. I've skipped more shows than I care to think about because of money.

idrinkwine732
03-22-2010, 09:05 PM
I would highly recommend it. I've skipped more shows than I care to think about because of money.

Aw pickles...

Where do you go to school btw?

DethMaiden
03-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Aw pickles...

Where do you go to school btw?

Indiana University.

Natrlhi
03-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Indiana University.My wife went to school there, too. :fist:

DethMaiden
03-23-2010, 08:17 AM
My wife went to school there, too. :fist:

Oh yeah? Then I guess they really will let me back into Ohio when I'm done! :D

Natrlhi
03-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Oh yeah? Then I guess they really will let me back into Ohio when I'm done! :DWell, they only let her in because she was a Hoosier who was marrying up to a Buckeye. ;)

Actually, she lived in Northwest Indiana (Highland) until after she graduated - that's where we met (I lived out there for a couple of years). Then, we ended up hooking back up a few years later, after I had returned to Ohio again, and the rest is history, as they say. So I guess you could say I rescued a poor waif and brought her to the promised land. Kinda like Moses. :D

DethMaiden
03-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Well, they only let her in because she was a Hoosier who was marrying up to a Buckeye. ;)

Actually, she lived in Northwest Indiana (Highland) until after she graduated - that's where we met (I lived out there for a couple of years). Then, we ended up hooking back up a few years later, after I had returned to Ohio again, and the rest is history, as they say. So I guess you could say I rescued a poor waif and brought her to the promised land. Kinda like Moses. :D

:bowdown: :D

Natrlhi
03-23-2010, 09:14 AM
:bowdown: :D

:lol: :cool:

Sanitarium78
03-23-2010, 03:30 PM
I won't rule out Megadeth, but you know, Cumstaine is such a greedy fucking bastard, he better have good fucking openers if he expects me to go see him again. Those tickets are so goddamn expensive.

While I agree Mustaine is an huge asshole it doesn't honestly bother me like it does some people. As far as the ticket prices go, you do realize that Mustaine is not in charge of that right? You're placing your anger in the wrong place. The promoters/bookers/venues are in charge of pricing the tickets not the artists. The band does their job of playing and getting people to come to the show and that's it. More often than not a band doesn't have any say in ticket prices. If people are willing to pay what the venue says than that's what they're gonna charge.

When I saw them earlier this month the tickets were $39.50. I'm not sure how expensive they've been at other venues but that's not bad at all. It's not even close to the most i've ever spent on one ticket. Honestly, for a band that has the name recognition of Megadeth that's about the average ticket price.

jhdeity
03-24-2010, 06:12 AM
$35 for a short-sleeved t-shirt is all about Mustaine. I couldn't believe how many people were wearing them. I can't think of 1 musician I have less respect for than Dave. Between not playing his older material because he's "born again" to charging $35 for a shirt then walking off stage after 3 songs at our show. I've been to hundreds of shows and never seen the type of shit he does. Props to Metallica for getting rid of that cancer when they did.

idrinkwine732
03-24-2010, 06:40 AM
$35 for a short-sleeved t-shirt is all about Mustaine. I couldn't believe how many people were wearing them. I can't think of 1 musician I have less respect for than Dave. Between not playing his older material because he's "born again" to charging $35 for a shirt then walking off stage after 3 songs at our show. I've been to hundreds of shows and never seen the type of shit he does. Props to Metallica for getting rid of that cancer when they did.

He did a makeup show dude, he just wanted to make sure that everyone had the best time possible. I agree that the prices for those shirts are ridiculous, but don't put everything on Dave.

IrritatedTrout
03-24-2010, 07:12 AM
$35 is what almost every major band charges for shirts. It's not like it's just Megadeth.

Sanitarium78
03-24-2010, 11:49 AM

T-shirt prices, much like concert tickets aren't up to the band at all. I think sometimes people overestimate how much control a band has over stuff like that. If no one in the band has an buisness or marketing experience there's really no need for them to get involved with such things.

I understand why you would be pissed that the show got canceled, I would be to. But can you really put the blame on Mustaine? Didn't some fan spill their drink on the soundboard and that's how the sound got fucked? If that story is true this is hardly Mustaine's fault. Plus, if any band goes on stage and the sound if fucked up and the crowd can't hear it clearly, and more importantly the band can't hear what they're playing what exactly are you suppose to do in that situation? I'm just thinking of this as a rare isolated incident. Megadeth doesn't have the reputation of starting a show and walking off stage without finishing. This isn't Axl Rose here though they both are completely dicks. I've never known Megadeth to not finish a show though. Something must've really been wrong is all I can say.

Also Mustaine didn't become "born again" until the early 2000s. That can't be blamed for him not playing the older stuff. He had that problem long before he found religion.

jhdeity
03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Actually the thrown water bottle didn't happen to 90 min after Testament ended and after megadeth walked off stage the 1st time and didn't say why. Megadeth did 2 soundchecks and after an hour of no word the people did get restless. I heard one incident when the bass got really loud for 3 seconds and that was it. It was manageable. To send people home and not fix it then was Dave being Dave. People were chanting Dave's a faggot and he got pissed and refused to come back out.

Props to Rams Head for offering people like me who refused to go back the next night a free ticket to any future show. I got to see Exodus and Testament and another show rather than some egomaniac who thinks he's the best musician on the planet.

As far as $35 for a short sleeved shirt, I've never seen that before in my life.

IrritatedTrout
03-25-2010, 02:40 PM
As far as $35 for a short sleeved shirt, I've never seen that before in my life.

Iron Maiden, Alice In Chains, Judas Priest, Heaven & Hell, Metallica, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Motorhead. All bands that I've seen charge $35 besides Megadeth.

idrinkwine732
03-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Actually the thrown water bottle didn't happen to 90 min after Testament ended and after megadeth walked off stage the 1st time and didn't say why. Megadeth did 2 soundchecks and after an hour of no word the people did get restless. I heard one incident when the bass got really loud for 3 seconds and that was it. It was manageable. To send people home and not fix it then was Dave being Dave. People were chanting Dave's a faggot and he got pissed and refused to come back out.

Props to Rams Head for offering people like me who refused to go back the next night a free ticket to any future show. I got to see Exodus and Testament and another show rather than some egomaniac who thinks he's the best musician on the planet.

I doubt that you know the whole story, and the "Dave's a faggot" people aren't helping. How do you know he was there to be pissed? I bet he was out of there pretty quickly.

Also, I don't think the Ram's Head are the people to thank for the free ticket...you just are a bit angry at Megadeth.

Pastulio_
03-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Iron Maiden, Alice In Chains, Judas Priest, Heaven & Hell, Metallica, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Motorhead. All bands that I've seen charge $35 besides Megadeth.

Add Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Styx.

es156
03-25-2010, 04:25 PM

The word on the Megadeth board is that the first sound board went bad during Testament and the replacement sound board was fried by the thrown drink. The long wait between Testament and Megadeth was due to replacement of the first sound board and testing of the second. When the second board got fried, the show was over.

Also, every concert shirt that I have bought in the last 5 years has been $35. The only exception was Mastodon in '06.

mankvill
03-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Also, every concert shirt that I have bought in the last 5 years has been $35. The only exception was Mastodon in '06.

Damn dude, you need to go to some smaller shows. :lol:

Witchaven shirts were 12 bux :horns:

Sanitarium78
03-25-2010, 05:29 PM

Regaurdless of when the water bottle incident happened, do you really think it's Dave's fault that their were sound issues and they couldn't finish the show? Since when is fixing the soundboard his job? It sounds like they waited as long as they could and the band and the venue did the best they could with the situation. I don't believe that it was Dave's responisibility to adress the crowd as to what was going on. That semms more like a job for one of the roadies or other stage personel that work the show. I love how since Mustaine is an asshole everyone blames him for everything if something goes wrong. Since he's a jackass everything bad that happens involving the band is obviously his fault right? If he was a good guy no one would think this sound issue was his fault at all, but since he's not all the blame get passed to him. Which really isn't fair to him. Sometimes things just happen that are out of your control and I think this is one of those times.

Like I said before Megadeth is not known for walking off stage and not finishing shows. So this to me is just one of those rare ocassions where something odd happened and that's all it is. Don't try to read more into it the situation than what it was.

Also, I don't know what shows you're going to but most major bands do charge $35 a shirt i've seen it numerous times myself.

jhdeity
03-25-2010, 07:59 PM
I doubt that you know the whole story, and the "Dave's a faggot" people aren't helping. How do you know he was there to be pissed? I bet he was out of there pretty quickly.

Also, I don't think the Ram's Head are the people to thank for the free ticket...you just are a bit angry at Megadeth.

Rams Head are totally stepping up here. many people who bought their tickets off craigs list or from a service got screwed. My buddy bought ours using his credit card and we both refused to go back the next day so I wasn't expecting anything. The fact Rams Head contacted him via email saying 2 free tickets to ANY upcoming show is totally cool to me.

The highest short sleeved shirts I've ever seen were Heaven & Hell and they were $30. Other than that $25 for major bands and $20 at most shows I go to. Maybe it varies by area but I've never seen $35 in my life and I would never pay $30 or $35 strictly out of principle.

As far as Dave goes, I guess you had to be there. He ripped the promoter several times for some reason and called Rams Head's PA shitty even though Testament sounded perfect. Listen to what a prick he sounds like and this was before people got rowdy and his true colors came shining through.

http://revolverblips.dailyradar.com/video/dave-at-rams-dead-live-dave-mustane-megadeth-3-16-10/

jhdeity
03-25-2010, 08:00 PM
hahaha wrong link.

http://revolverblips.dailyradar.com/video/dave-at-rams-dead-live-dave-mustane-megadeth-3-16-10/

idrinkwine732
03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Rams Head are totally stepping up here. many people who bought their tickets off craigs list or from a service got screwed. My buddy bought ours using his credit card and we both refused to go back the next day so I wasn't expecting anything. The fact Rams Head contacted him via email saying 2 free tickets to ANY upcoming show is totally cool to me.

The highest short sleeved shirts I've ever seen were Heaven & Hell and they were $30. Other than that $25 for major bands and $20 at most shows I go to. Maybe it varies by area but I've never seen $35 in my life and I would never pay $30 or $35 strictly out of principle.

As far as Dave goes, I guess you had to be there. He ripped the promoter several times for some reason and called Rams Head's PA shitty even though Testament sounded perfect. Listen to what a prick he sounds like and this was before people got rowdy and his true colors came shining through.

Sorry, I misunderstood you, I thought you were commending them for letting you go into the make up show for free.

He sounds frustrated, and he didn't act professional, but I doubt he did that for no reason. Someone knows something that we don't it's that simple. I don't think he sounds like too much of a prick, he sounds angry. If he explained the situation a bit better, maybe there would have been less backlash.

jhdeity
03-25-2010, 08:32 PM
And he stormed off the stage without saying tnything leaving his bandmates just standing there looking stupid. They looked shocked actually.

The bottom line is they could have worked through it. It wasn't a major problem from what I heard. He acted like he was on the rag. I've seen Megadeth 6 times now but never again. A true professional would have worked it out not stormed off like a little bitch them blamed the promoter and shitty PA.

Like I said I'm glad to get a free show out of it. I'd rather support a band that actually appreciates it's fans. I have no respect for him as a man or a musician now.

Pastulio_
03-25-2010, 08:37 PM
And he stormed off the stage without saying tnything leaving his bandmates just standing there looking stupid. They looked shocked actually.

The bottom line is they could have worked through it. It wasn't a major problem from what I heard. He acted like he was on the rag. I've seen Megadeth 6 times now but never again. A true professional would have worked it out not stormed off like a little bitch them blamed the promoter and shitty PA.

Like I said I'm glad to get a free show out of it. I'd rather support a band that actually appreciates it's fans. I have no respect for him as a man or a musician now.

Two soundboards failing isn't a major problem? So you'd want to wait for another hour or so to see if "maybe" a THIRD soundboard might work? You're the one who's being unreasonable here.

idrinkwine732
03-25-2010, 09:03 PM

I think you should go see them again, this is just a temporary bad taste in the mouth.

SomewhereInTime72
03-25-2010, 09:40 PM

The bottom line is they could have worked through it*. It wasn't a major problem from what I heard. He acted like he was on the rag. I've seen Megadeth 6 times now but never again. A true professional would have worked it out not stormed off like a little bitch them blamed the promoter and shitty PA**.

Like I said I'm glad to get a free show out of it. I'd rather support a band that actually appreciates it's fans. I have no respect for him as a man or a musician now***.

LOL

*i forgot you were an expert sound technician
**i also forgot that everything is dave's fault even when the promoter and PA fuck up
***LOLOLOLLOL

rjturtle9
03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
LOL

*i forgot you were an expert sound technician
**i also forgot that everything is dave's fault even when the promoter and PA fuck up
***LOLOLOLLOL

:lol: on that last one. Dude what is he talking about. He basically contradicted himself there.

jhdeity
03-26-2010, 07:40 AM
The soundboard had 1 issue. The bass went really loud for 2 seconds. is that worth ending a concert for? Like I said I guess you had to be there and listen to his rants. How is it the promoters problem? The other bands sounded great. Like I said he was on the rag...

SomewhereInTime72
03-26-2010, 10:25 AM
The soundboard had 1 issue. The bass went really loud for 2 seconds. is that worth ending a concert for? Like I said I guess you had to be there and listen to his rants. How is it the promoters problem? The other bands sounded great. Like I said he was on the rag...

The amount of baseless assumptions you're making is so ridiculous that I can't even type "LOL" anymore. Think about what you're saying.

Butcher of Birth
03-26-2010, 07:39 PM
From a recent interview with Chris, he stated the reason they aren't opening with Holy Wars is so when they finally play "Rust In Peace" the soundboard is dialed in and spot on. So if after the 1st 3 songs the mix is bad, you can bet your ass they aren't gonna go into "The main reason most people bought tickets" for.

I have read the boards too and they are all talking about a 2nd mixer, so I'm gonna side with the many and not the one here.

When I saw them in Atlanta they are awesome. Sucks you got a shit show in a small shit venue.

andrew_metalhead
03-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Dave Mustaine is doing this tour even though he didn't really need to, just because American Carnage was cancelled and they wanted to do something for the fans. On top of that he is taking out two of the most awesome thrash bands Testament and Exodus. On top of this they are playing the most unbelievable set list you would ever see. On top of that they tried everything they could to get that show done, but couldn't, and used their off day on the tour to stay back in that fucking place and play another show.

If you still hate the guy and his band, I really don't know what more I can tell you.

rjturtle9
03-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Dave Mustaine is doing this tour even though he didn't really need to, just because American Carnage was cancelled and they wanted to do something for the fans. On top of that he is taking out two of the most awesome thrash bands Testament and Exodus. On top of this they are playing the most unbelievable set list you would ever see. On top of that they tried everything they could to get that show done, but couldn't, and used their off day on the tour to stay back in that fucking place and play another show.

If you still hate the guy and his band, I really don't know what more I can tell you.

:fist:

jhdeity
03-27-2010, 06:39 AM
The amount of baseless assumptions you're making is so ridiculous that I can't even type "LOL" anymore. Think about what you're saying.

Coming from a guy who said Black Sabbath ruined Metal it's not like you have any form of a brain anyway.

At least the mixer story makes some sense. Too bad he never mentioned that in his babyfied rants. I really wish someone recorded the other rants to prove my point.

I met Mustaine and Friedman in Vegas on the Youthanasia Tour and he was very cool then. Of course he was janked up and drinking at the Hard Rock Hot Tub with Dez from Coal Chamber (at the time). He was laughing at all the meatheads at the pool and seemed so down to earth and fun.

Maybe if he had a drink that night he wouldn't have been such a bitch...

es156
03-27-2010, 07:09 AM

:fist:

es156
03-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Coming from a guy who said Black Sabbath ruined Metal it's not like you have any form of a brain anyway.

He was joking.

:lol:

jhdeity
03-27-2010, 07:32 AM
He was joking.

:lol:

hahahaha

JudasPriest89
03-27-2010, 07:36 AM

Dude get over it,I payed 50$ for a Def Leppard shirt in 2008 and it turned out to be a piece of shit and not because of what the shirt looked like (Because if it looked like shit I would not have bought it) but because what it was made of (It fucking shrunk somehow when I put it on at the gig and it was the only time I wore it) and after the show I bought a cheaper one for 30$ and it was made properly.So quit bitching about shirt prices it would be worse.

Sanitarium78
03-27-2010, 10:45 AM
I dunno, maybe if I had a job...

There are always jobs to find sometimes you just have to lower your expectaions/standards to get one. It maybe something shitty (most jobs are) but at least you'll have some money coming in:)

As for the shirts, nothing says you have to buy one. I have a steady job and didn't get one when I saw them earlier this month. Even though I did have the money to spare I didn't feel like spending it on a shirt. As i've gotten older i've realised that getting shirts at concerts isn't that important. Because after a few years the shirt shrinks, fades away and eventually becomes unwareable. The memories of the shows you go to are what's important and that's what lasts, the shirts NEVER do.

andrew_metalhead
03-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Dude get over it,I payed 50$ for a Def Leppard shirt in 2008 and it turned out to be a piece of shit and not because of what the shirt looked like (Because if it looked like shit I would not have bought it) but because what it was made of (It fucking shrunk somehow when I put it on at the gig and it was the only time I wore it) and after the show I bought a cheaper one for 30$ and it was made properly.So quit bitching about shirt prices it would be worse.

Yeah. 35 isn't much for a Megadeth shirt. I'm not saying its cheap and I never care to buy shirts anyway. All I care about once the doors open is to get on the rail and stay there for the whole time. Fuck everything else. I can count on my fingers the shirts I ever bought at shows: Iron Maiden 2008, Metallica 2008, Kreator 2009 and Heaven And Hell 2009.

But if someone's bitching about shirt price of $35 for Megadeth's RIP 20th anniversary tour shirt and blaming Mustaine for it, that's just fucking ridiculous.

TonyD
03-28-2010, 02:44 PM

That's what you get for buying a Def Leppard shirt.

rjturtle9
03-28-2010, 04:07 PM
I can agree that shirt prices are too much nowadays. Some bands charge $20, which is a great price, others charge $40! That's just not right. I think $25 should be the most a tour shirt should cost, because when shirt prices start to be as much as the ticket, its out of hand

jhdeity
03-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah. 35 isn't much for a Megadeth shirt. I'm not saying its cheap and I never care to buy shirts anyway. All I care about once the doors open is to get on the rail and stay there for the whole time. Fuck everything else. I can count on my fingers the shirts I ever bought at shows: Iron Maiden 2008, Metallica 2008, Kreator 2009 and Heaven And Hell 2009.

But if someone's bitching about shirt price of $35 for Megadeth's RIP 20th anniversary tour shirt and blaming Mustaine for it, that's just fucking ridiculous.

Coming from someone who's opinion I respect it's time to educate yourself Bro. Mustaine receives 80% of all merch money from anything Megadeth. It was pubic knowledge in the lawsuit Ellefson filed against him. The only ridiculous thing is how many people take up for this greedy fucking assclown. He consistently fires bandmates so he can get a bigger piece of the pie. Does anyone think Ellefson is getting anywhere near the cut he used to get? Please... Who could possibly be that fukkin naive?

This was just 1 of my many complaints about that horrific night but when people start accepting $35 for a short-sleeved shirt that cost $5 to produce then enemy has already won.

If anyone paid $50 for a Def Leppard shirt they have serious issues. I saw Metallica on the Ride the Lightning Tour. Ticket $12, Shirt $15 and it's still in great shape. The best $27 I ever spent. I can't fathom someone paying $70 to see Def leppard play all their Hysteria shit and wanting to represent that crap with a $50 shirt. Sorry, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I stick by everything I said 100%. Nuff said'

es156
03-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Coming from someone who's opinion I respect it's time to educate yourself Bro. Mustaine receives 80% of all merch money from anything Megadeth. It was pubic knowledge in the lawsuit Ellefson filed against him. The only ridiculous thing is how many people take up for this greedy fucking assclown. He consistently fires bandmates so he can get a bigger piece of the pie. Does anyone think Ellefson is getting anywhere near the cut he used to get? Please... Who could possibly be that fukkin naive?

This was just 1 of my many complaints about that horrific night but when people start accepting $35 for a short-sleeved shirt that cost $5 to produce then enemy has already won.

If anyone paid $50 for a Def Leppard shirt they have serious issues. I saw Metallica on the Ride the Lightning Tour. Ticket $12, Shirt $15 and it's still in great shape. The best $27 I ever spent. I can't fathom someone paying $70 to see Def leppard play all their Hysteria shit and wanting to represent that crap with a $50 shirt. Sorry, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

How much was gas in 1984? Do you refuse to buy gas today because it costs more than it did 26 years ago? It sucks, but if you want to drive you have to pay the price.

idrinkwine732
03-29-2010, 08:36 PM
To me, it comes down to what am I going to let define the day. For you, clearly, it was Dave Mustaine walking offstage, then the price of the shirts. What I would let define the day is that I saw one of the greatest metal bands of all time play in front of me. Sure, it was 3 songs, but I know I'll be seeing them play the make up show tomorrow. I had fun. Sure, the shirts were a bit pricy, but I think the memory of the show is worth more than that, so I'll pick one up anyway.

rjturtle9
03-29-2010, 08:38 PM

You know, the cost to make the shirt is actually much less :bouville:

I do agree with you on shirt prices, but hey, some will buy and others won't. I sure as hell will, well for some shows at least.

jhdeity
03-29-2010, 08:50 PM
How much was gas in 1984? Do you refuse to buy gas today because it costs more than it did 26 years ago? It sucks, but if you want to drive you have to pay the price.

True but my point was directed more at Dave and his greed. I bet most bands split the Merch money evenly. I believe Ellefson and his claims that Dave stole money from him and the other bandmates. That's who that guy is... I saw it with my own eyes. Drugged up and drunk Dave was really cool and fun to meet and hang out with. New "born again" Dave is bitchy, greedy and has a God complex. Just my take from personal experience. I'm sure other people met him on a good day and might have different opinions but I met Dr. Jeckyl and thought he was awesome and have now seen Mr. Hyde and he's an assclown. hahaha

andrew_metalhead
03-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Coming from someone who's opinion I respect it's time to educate yourself Bro.

Hey man get over it. You are talking as if Mustaine and his band are the only ones to charge $35 for a shirt. Every major band does it. You can say whatever else you want about how much you hate Mustaine, but your argument against the shirt prices isn't fair and isn't valid. As es156 said, comparing prices from 26 years ago to now is just not on.

I'm not blindly disagreeing with you though. I'm doing it with reason. I agree with you on your point that its the people's fault to accept such prices.

Shirt prices should be proportionate to the ticket prices. A $35 shirt at a $100+ Maiden, Metallica or Heaven And Hell show is okay, but not at a $35 Megadeth show.

Mustaine said in a recent interview that they are charging less for the tickets on this tour because he wants people to be able to afford tickets, bring friends along, have a few drinks and have a good time. May be he should consider the merch prices too.

Sorry to say this, but either way, I don't see them selling a Rust In Peace souvenir shirt for 15 bucks any time soon.

jhdeity
03-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey man get over it. You are talking as if Mustaine and his band are the only ones to charge $35 for a shirt. Every major band does it. You can say whatever else you want about how much you hate Mustaine, but your argument against the shirt prices isn't fair and isn't valid. As es156 said, comparing prices from 26 years ago to now is just not on.

I'm not blindly disagreeing with you though. I'm doing it with reason. I agree with you on your point that its the people's fault to accept such prices.

Shirt prices should be proportionate to the ticket prices. A $35 shirt at a $100+ Maiden, Metallica or Heaven And Hell show is okay, but not at a $35 Megadeth show.

Mustaine said in a recent interview that they are charging less for the tickets on this tour because he wants people to be able to afford tickets, bring friends along, have a few drinks and have a good time. May be he should consider the merch prices too.

Sorry to say this, but either way, I don't see them selling a Rust In Peace souvenir shirt for 15 bucks any time soon.

That was my point 5 pages ago. Personally I've never seen $35 for a shirt. I saw Maiden on the SBIT Tour and short-sleeved shirts were $30. Heaven and Hell were $30, 2 years ago. I don't live in LA so maybe it's different there but this was the 1st time I ever saw $35, hence my comment. Where does it end? Will shirts be $50 in 2012? $75 for a long-sleeve?

Like I said this was one of my many faults with that evening but it all worked out. I got a free ticket to any show plus got to see Testament and Exodus. I'm happy overall but I'll never pay to see Megadeth again, that's all. You have to stand up for what you believe in and it's great people think $50 (with fees) for a club show is a great deal, it was fair I thought. Not like he was doing us a favor by any means...

ADD
03-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Dave is just a shithead nowadays. A damn shame, but I guess if he didn't get straight he wouldn't still be alive, so take it for what you will.

TonyD
03-29-2010, 09:49 PM
That was my point 5 pages ago. Personally I've never seen $35 for a shirt. I saw Maiden on the SBIT Tour and short-sleeved shirts were $30. Heaven and Hell were $30, 2 years ago. I don't live in LA so maybe it's different there but this was the 1st time I ever saw $35, hence my comment. Where does it end? Will shirts be $50 in 2012? $75 for a long-sleeve?

I specifically remember those shirts being $35, I think cities in CA charge higher taxes on venues for merch.

JRA
03-29-2010, 09:56 PM
jheldty, I understand why you're pissed at Dave for walking out on you, all things considered, but the guy offered to play a free show the next night, and followed through with it! That's pretty damn generous considering the shitbag attitude of most other rockstars these days, and even if it wasn't bad attitude, most artists can't be bothered to make up "off dates." Shit I still remember Maiden canceled one of their off ozzfest dates somewhere and never made it up.

Mustaine is a douche, but cut the guy a break.

andrew_metalhead
03-29-2010, 10:44 PM
I specifically remember those shirts being $35, I think cities in CA charge higher taxes on venues for merch.

Yeah that's right. I bought three of those shirts and I remember $35 too.

Blackened12
03-30-2010, 05:51 AM
At the D.C. show some dude came out of the venue with a crapload of the shirts for $20. I took the risk and jumped on it and I got in and compared with the $35 ones and they were exactly the same. There's my $15 for JFAC:D

jhdeity
03-30-2010, 07:52 AM
I wish the mods would allow trees/seeds on here. In 1998 Megadeth performed an acoustic show 10 min from my house in Pasadena, MD. You had to win tix off the radio or know somebody to be there. They played 10 songs with my buddy Kirk McEwen interviewing Dave between songs and it was aired on the radio so legally it's public domain. Kirkster hooked me up with an original soundboard copy and it's incredible. By far the best versions of Countdown to Extinction and Use The Man I've ever heard. I never liked She-Wolf at all until I heard this version also.

What makes the cd/show so great was the interviews. Dave was funny, clever and answered all the questions even about Metallica. I even yelled FREEBIRD! and he laughed. I have fond memories of the band and have seen them enough times so it's all good.

My best Megadeth story was from Vegas. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel where they were playing with Coal Chamber and across the street was the best strip club at the time the Paradise Club. My girlfriend and I walked over to the club around 2 to watch Kevin Brown pitch and check out the girls. This was way before Spearmint Rhino so the girls were all beautiful. They came out in gowns like a pageant then by the 3rd song were naked. I had put 1K on Kevin Brown that day and in the 8th inning up 2-1 he pitched out of a no-out bases loaded jam while my girl was getting a lap dance from the hottest asian girl I've ever seen. One of the highlights of my life to this day. Walking back to the Hard Rock around 5:pm I see this huge head of hair between cars. I'm like that's the Megadeth guitarist. What's he doing in the parking lot? As we got closer he wasn't moving I'm thinking is he breaking into a car? Is he helping someone get their keys? 5 cars away I yell Martyyyyyyyyy! and he doesn't flinch. As we got closer I see some chick blowing him right there in the parking lot. I was like OH SHIT! Sorry Dude... When I saw him at the pool bar an hour later I apologized and he just laughed it off. He was walking back from the Paradise club when some chick just grabbed him. Ah, the good ole days....

ADD
03-30-2010, 08:51 AM
I wish the mods would allow trees/seeds on here. In 1998 Megadeth performed an acoustic show 10 min from my house in Pasadena, MD. You had to win tix off the radio or know somebody to be there. They played 10 songs with my buddy Kirk McEwen interviewing Dave between songs and it was aired on the radio so legally it's public domain. Kirkster hooked me up with an original soundboard copy and it's incredible. By far the best versions of Countdown to Extinction and Use The Man I've ever heard. I never liked She-Wolf at all until I heard this version also.

What makes the cd/show so great was the interviews. Dave was funny, clever and answered all the questions even about Metallica. I even yelled FREEBIRD! and he laughed. I have fond memories of the band and have seen them enough times so it's all good.

My best Megadeth story was from Vegas. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel where they were playing with Coal Chamber and across the street was the best strip club at the time the Paradise Club. My girlfriend and I walked over to the club around 2 to watch Kevin Brown pitch and check out the girls. This was way before Spearmint Rhino so the girls were all beautiful. They came out in gowns like a pageant then by the 3rd song were naked. I had put 1K on Kevin Brown that day and in the 8th inning up 2-1 he pitched out of a no-out bases loaded jam while my girl was getting a lap dance from the hottest asian girl I've ever seen. One of the highlights of my life to this day. Walking back to the Hard Rock around 5:pm I see this huge head of hair between cars. I'm like that's the Megadeth guitarist. What's he doing in the parking lot? As we got closer he wasn't moving I'm thinking is he breaking into a car? Is he helping someone get their keys? 5 cars away I yell Martyyyyyyyyy! and he doesn't flinch. As we got closer I see some chick blowing him right there in the parking lot. I was like OH SHIT! Sorry Dude... When I saw him at the pool bar an hour later I apologized and he just laughed it off. He was walking back from the Paradise club when some chick just grabbed him. Ah, the good ole days....

Rad.

rjturtle9
03-30-2010, 11:11 AM

Cool story bro.

JudasPriest89
04-02-2010, 04:27 PM
That's what you get for buying a Def Leppard shirt.

Why's that? I have plenty of T-shirts of them and they're made perfectlly after THREE YEARS and I still wear them and they're made like every other band tee would be. I'm pretty sure I got the test shirt or something though.