PDA

View Full Version : The Official Maiden Tickets/Tour Thread!

Maiden33
03-17-2010, 09:03 AM
So, I figured this topic was inevitable, and a great, convenient way for us to discuss which shows on the Maiden tour we are going to, and what seats/sections/etc we'll be sitting in.

Also, if anyone wants to organize any meet-ups or get-togethers, this would be a good place to do it.

So - fanclub presale was about two hours ago - don't know who all participated, but general sale is on Saturday, so we might as well get this going now.

I originally intended to make Madison Square Garden my primary show, but apparently tickets for that show were absolutely impossible to get. In distress, I started looking at alternative options, and saw that the show in Bristow, VA still had GA Pit tickets available, so I quick grabbed a pair. VERY, very excited for this, considering it seems to be a small pit, like the one where I saw Maiden in June '08.
I'll still probably be doing PNC from the lawn or something, but I'm waiting on buying tickets.

So, what about everyone else?

Butcher of Birth
03-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks to my constent Nigger Rigging...

"Iron Maiden
Jiffy Lube Live (Formerly Nissan Pavilion), Bristow, VA
Tue, Jul 20, 2010 07:30 PM

Order for: *******
Seat location: section PIT GA
Total Charge: US $ 323.85"

FUCK YOU TICKETBASTARD! I WIN!

ChildrenofSodom
03-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Uh...language?

Maiden33
03-17-2010, 09:19 AM

"Iron Maiden

Dude, I will see you there! We gotta hang out in line and stuff.

Div
03-17-2010, 09:55 AM

"Iron Maiden

awesome man, glad it worked out. iron maiden cant be stopped :rocker:

Div
03-17-2010, 09:57 AM
on my end, it seems steve, brady, and i will be going to the NJ show @ PNC. gonna see about getting cheap NYC tickets saturday.

Maiden33
03-17-2010, 09:59 AM
on my end, it seems steve, brady, and i will be going to the NJ show @ PNC. gonna see about getting cheap NYC tickets saturday.

Cheap tickets @ MSG = $64.50 + charges, haha. That's why I chose to make PNC my "cheap" show, because you can actually get tickets for under $30 + charges.

SomewhereInTime72
03-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Will be trying to get tickets for MSG, and possibly PNC if I can spare the cash.

Div
03-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Cheap tickets @ MSG = $64.50 + charges, haha. That's why I chose to make PNC my "cheap" show, because you can actually get tickets for under $30 + charges.

damn. im still not sure if the friend im going with will be able to make it up from florida, so ill have to see.

as far as PNC we all got the ~$100 tickets, so the seats should be pretty good. kinda sucks they dont have a pit there tho.

Div
03-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Will be trying to get tickets for MSG, and possibly PNC if I can spare the cash.

under $30

>Iron Maiden

DO IT

overkill13
03-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Just got my tix for the PNC Holmdel show. Section 104 Row U. 100 bucks per ticket after getting raped by Ticketmaster fees.

DethMaiden
03-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Well, I saw them very close once (Toronto) and moderately close once (Cleveland, first time), I think I can bite the bullet and save fifty bucks and see them from the lawn for $25 this time around.

IrritatedTrout
03-17-2010, 10:14 AM
I got pit tickets for NYC, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and DC. So yeah, I'm feeling a metalsetlists meet up for the DC show, gonna be awesome. The pit there is actually pretty big as far as sheds go but obviously not as big as the floor section for the Garden or something.

Also got section 103 row F for Jersey. Sucks they don't have a pit but this way I won't have to leave until the day of the show whereas with a pit I'd need to be in Jersey the night before, therefore causing me to spend more on lodging. Plus, I got sixth row so I'm not complaining about seats this time.:lol:

Fe Maiden
03-17-2010, 10:16 AM
I got 2 orchestra section 2 tickets (the section I wanted) for San Bernardino.
$225....and TicketBastard did not even offer me vaseline:eek:

SomewhereInTime72
03-17-2010, 10:18 AM
>Iron Maiden

DO IT

Perhaps I should have said ability to get there instead of money. Because this is definitely worth it. Just need to make sure I can actually be there. :allan: I have a few days. :eyes:

Fe Maiden
03-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Aaaah, Maiden tickets....but I must make a sacrifice..... I can no longer afford tickets for Primal Fear & Redemption:mad:......+ I want to save up for Scorpions tickets:eyes:

Maiden33
03-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Perhaps I should have said ability to get there instead of money. Because this is definitely worth it. Just need to make sure I can actually be there. :allan: I have a few days. :eyes:

If you're doing lawn, you easily have two months. If the show sells out at all it won't be until like June.

SomewhereInTime72
03-17-2010, 11:10 AM
If you're doing lawn, you easily have two months. If the show sells out at all it won't be until like June.

True. This shouldn't be a problem then. :D :cool:

powerslave_85
03-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Since I'm non-FC, I gotta wait till Saturday morning. I fully expect to shell out ~$200 for 2 100 level tickets. Fucking extra charges.

makethemsuffer12
03-17-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm probably just gonna get lawn for PNC, anything else is just a bit too pricy for me at the moment.

mankvill
03-17-2010, 01:27 PM
:bouville:

Butcher of Birth
03-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Metalsetlists Meet up in DC?! Yes sir! Count me in

bt11763
03-17-2010, 01:55 PM
i got floor tickets to MSG, 96 bucks each after charges.

its not pit, but its dead center in the back so I'm gonna have such a good view and the mix should be perfect :light:

Maiden33
03-17-2010, 02:47 PM
i got floor tickets to MSG, 96 bucks each after charges.

its not pit, but its dead center in the back so I'm gonna have such a good view and the mix should be perfect :light:

This is all that anyone got. I'm calling shenanigans on that MSG show. Every single person I've talked t could only get in the seated back half - doesn't make sense. You can still get decent tickets to most shows now - they must've held a shit-ton of tickets for public sale, which is kinda messed up.

Div
03-17-2010, 04:26 PM

i dont want to speak for whoever's driving us 3, but as far as it looks now there would be an extra seat in the car. u could always hop the train down to new brunswick and ride in with us, and if by chance the other seat is occupied we could always throw you in the trunk.

idrinkwine732
03-17-2010, 04:42 PM
I have one for Concord, and if I go to San Bernardino, I'll know by Friday and be able to get those too.

rjturtle9
03-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Me and Andrew will be in the pit at San Manuel. We shall be in line at the early morning hours. Anyone care to join us... and bring us food ;)

PowerMaiden
03-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Toronto section 203 row D

Montreal section 116 row DD

Holmdel section 103 fucking row C (that's 3 rd row moterfuckers !! :horns: )

MSG section 103 row B (the pre sale was shitty for this one but hey' at least I'm in the building)

also going to go in Québec city on July 9 th and maybe Ottawa on july 6 th

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-17-2010, 05:25 PM
This is all that anyone got. I'm calling shenanigans on that MSG show. Every single person I've talked t could only get in the seated back half - doesn't make sense. You can still get decent tickets to most shows now - they must've held a shit-ton of tickets for public sale, which is kinda messed up.

yeah, the first half of the arena was impossible to get

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Maiden33
03-17-2010, 05:27 PM
\Holmdel section 103 fucking row C (that's 3 rd row moterfuckers !! :horns: )

Tickets for this show must have sold very strangely slow. I was able to get pretty solid tickets for like 2 hours after they went on sale. I didn't even look until like 10:20 and I still could get like 10th row.

And yeah, that NYC presale was fucked, resulted in me deciding to go to the Virginia show instead. I'll probably still hit PNC though - just doing lawn.

PowerMaiden
03-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Tickets for this show must have sold very strangely slow. I was able to get pretty solid tickets for like 2 hours after they went on sale. I didn't even look until like 10:20 and I still could get like 10th row.

One of our friend who did buy his ticket a 10 AM this morning like us was only able to get section 300 , he ended up with section 303 and us 3 rd row, those pre sales are really not selling the best seats and you can end up having better tickets latter on but for me it's just that at least you can avoid the stress of the general public sale

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Maiden33
03-17-2010, 05:38 PM
One of our friend who did buy his ticket a 10 AM this morning like us was only able to get section 300 , he ended up with section 303 and us 3 rd row, those pre sales are really not selling the best seats and you can end up having better tickets latter on but for me it's just that at least you can avoid the stress of the general public sale

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

He must have bought in a big group of tickets. I can go now and still get a single ticket in the front section - albeit in the back of the side section, but still.

PowerMaiden
03-17-2010, 05:44 PM
He must have bought in a big group of tickets. I can go now and still get a single ticket in the front section - albeit in the back of the side section, but still.

yeah 4 tickets, so did we

oh well, got lucky

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

IrritatedTrout
03-18-2010, 09:25 AM

I managed to get a GA ticket to MSG but I must have just got lucky or something. A lot of people on the IMBB were complaining that they couldn't get pit even when they tried at the very beginning of the presale.

Maiden33
03-18-2010, 02:05 PM
I managed to get a GA ticket to MSG but I must have just got lucky or something. A lot of people on the IMBB were complaining that they couldn't get pit even when they tried at the very beginning of the presale.

Yeah, we were on there at 10:01 AM - no luck. Every person I've talked to except you couldn't get them.

SomewhereInTime72
03-20-2010, 07:14 AM
My morning in a nutshell.

a) get on ticketmaster at 9:59 (maybe my clock is a few seconds slow?)
b) search for 1 ticket
c) results: section 350, row N, $85
d) repeat trying to find something better, but continually get similar results
e) realize that there's no way in hell I'm paying $85 to see Maiden from 100 miles away at Madison Square Garden when I could pay $30 to do the same thing at PNC
f) be filled with enough resentment to last a week

Blackened12
03-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Just got my pit tix for Bristow!! MAIDEN 7/20 Up the Irons!!:horns::horns::horns::horns::horns::horns:

makethemsuffer12
03-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Gonna probably get a 4 pack for PNC. Can't wait!

Wrathchild_84
03-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm pissed off at both the band and ticketmaster. I couldn't get the money in time for the pre-sale and now I got really shitty tickets when they went on sale to the public. This paperless thing means that I can't better tickets on ebay or from a scalper. I'm also pissed that they're playing at a damn shed. Unless your in the first 20 rows sound quality is terrible and your right in the fucking sun. And one more thing; they fucked the kids who don't have credit/debit cards. I saw that you can't buy tickets with a fucking gift card (at least the show I'm going to). By trying to protect the fans they wound up fucking some of them. Rant over.

DethMaiden
03-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Bought lawn. I was gonna be in row 16 of the back section for 80, or on the lawn for 40. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was worth saving the 40 bucks. Allow me to reiterate that the high prices are only worth it if you can smell Iron Maiden. Also, this is why they should be playing basketball arenas and not amphitheatres - for 100 bucks I was fourth row in Toronto.

powerslave_85
03-20-2010, 10:12 AM
I ended up in section 208, row 5, so not too bad. And they were only $50.

Wizzbang11
03-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Despite renewing my fanclub membership in time, I stupidly missed the presale, but I got 204 row 10 so I'm content.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-20-2010, 10:26 AM
My buddy informed me at 10: 07 that the tickets were ours. NOW HE WON'T ANSWER ME AFTER I ASK FOR MORE INFO. haha

Uncle_Meat1940
03-20-2010, 11:50 AM
I wish I didn't get any info.. Turns out im 8 rows from the of the fucking venue AND IT WAS STILL 80 BUCKS!!!!!! WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING OTHER PRICE TIERS WHEN YOUR STILL GONNA CHARGE 80 FOR FUCKING NOSEBLEEDS.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK *RIPS HAIR OUT* FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!! FUCK.

Sanitarium78
03-20-2010, 12:22 PM
My brother was able to get four tickets in the general admission pit for the Pittsburgh show today when they went on sale:rocker: Thus, proving what i've felt all along, that presales for shows don't mean shit and you can still get great tickets the day they go on sale.

This might be the best show I ever get to see now:party:

TonyD
03-20-2010, 12:31 PM
I think the paperless tickets had a lot to do with it, there were still pit tickets an hour into the public onsale, while there were some last time but they were snatched up in less than 5 minutes.

SomewhereInTime72
03-20-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm fairly certain the promoters are doing a significant amount of ticket-withholding.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-20-2010, 12:33 PM
I hate ticketbastard so fucking much...

Sanitarium78
03-20-2010, 12:37 PM
I think the paperless tickets had a lot to do with it, there were still pit tickets an hour into the public onsale, while there were some last time but they were snatched up in less than 5 minutes.

That could be it but I honestly don't care how it came to be that we got these tickets. It's gonna be quite an experience to be this close for such an amazing show.

Maiden33
03-20-2010, 12:50 PM
My brother was able to get four tickets in the general admission pit for the Pittsburgh show today when they went on sale:rocker: Thus, proving what i've felt all along, that presales for shows don't mean shit and you can still get great tickets the day they go on sale.

This might be the best show I ever get to see now:party:

1) It's a known fact that presales come with a catch - venues hold a given number of tickets for the general sale to "level" the playing-field - which I don't like, because if you payed to join a band's fanclub to get presale access, you should get the best damn tickets available, no matter what. Having said that, what I've garnered about presales is that it's not necessarily the best way to guarantee great/the best tickets - however it is the best way guarantee GOOD tickets. If you bought in Maiden's presale, you had a shot at VERY good tickets for every show - a lot of GA pit, and a lot of tickets in front sections - but no guarantee you were actually getting the very best tickets - hence how a lot of people got fucked onto the back-half of the floor for Madison Square Garden. There lies the problem - because you can always wait till general sale and take your chances of possibly getting even better or just-as-good tickets (like the people who bought today that got GA pit tickets), however there is always the chance that you can get completely screwed (I'm looking at you, Brad) and then have no other alternative. It's a tough call.

2) This tour was really just random. At some shows (especially Madison Square Garden) the tickets just seemed to VANISH - but at other shows, I could still get GA Pit tickets on Thursday afternoon, and clearly a lot of people were still able to get them today. I guess some of the shows' tickets just sold drastically faster or slower.

DethMaiden
03-20-2010, 01:00 PM
1) It's a known fact that presales come with a catch - venues hold a given number of tickets for the general sale to "level" the playing-field - which I don't like, because if you payed to join a band's fanclub to get presale access, you should get the best damn tickets available, no matter what. Having said that, what I've garnered about presales is that it's not necessarily the best way to guarantee great/the best tickets - however it is the best way guarantee GOOD tickets. If you bought in Maiden's presale, you had a shot at VERY good tickets for every show - a lot of GA pit, and a lot of tickets in front sections - but no guarantee you were actually getting the very best tickets - hence how a lot of people got fucked onto the back-half of the floor for Madison Square Garden. There lies the problem - because you can always wait till general sale and take your chances of possibly getting even better or just-as-good tickets (like the people who bought today that got GA pit tickets), however there is always the chance that you can get completely screwed (I'm looking at you, Brad) and then have no other alternative. It's a tough call.

2) This tour was really just random. At some shows (especially Madison Square Garden) the tickets just seemed to VANISH - but at other shows, I could still get GA Pit tickets on Thursday afternoon, and clearly a lot of people were still able to get them today. I guess some of the shows' tickets just sold drastically faster or slower.

I'm looking back. ;) It's okay though, it's worth it for me to save the money and settle for lawn. It's not like I hated the Rush concert I saw from the lawn; I'll survive. There's always next tour.

Sanitarium78
03-20-2010, 01:11 PM

That sums up pretty much what I know about presale tickets. We weren't even expecting to get GA pit at all. My brother says he just clicked on "best available" and that's what came up so he went for it. I'm not surprised that tickets for the MSG show went so fast. It is NYC after all, and very rarely do tickets for big events sell slow there. I know certian areas are gonna sell better than others right away and that's probably the case with the show i'm going to. Or maybe we just got lucky, who knows?

xStructualDefect
03-20-2010, 02:45 PM
i'm gonna settle for lawn. never was too big on Maiden but i do want to experience them live. same with Dream Theater. plus lawn tickets are $20. but jesus christ after charges tix are $36. i'll just buy them at the door.

FerociousWillie
03-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Iron Maiden At&t Center,San Antonio TX June 12...got my tix already.
Sweet!
They always come here.Nicko is a member of Tapatio Springs Golf Club...so the drummer demands stops in SA.

Who are we to negate him?