PDA

View Full Version : Ozzfest

Pages : [1] 2

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Updated this on 4-28-10 with other rumored/likely bands. I've done some snooping & talking to contacts. The following bands are playing Ozzfest this year:

Metallica
Ozzy
Down
Mastodon
Black Label Society
Devildriver
Otep
36 Crazyfists
Dirge Within
Suffocation

Other likely bands:

Godsmack
Kataklysm
Killswitch Engage

Other bands rumored by different people (some may be true, some may be BS):

Kittie
Limp Bizkit
Anthrax
Nevermore
Danzig
All That Remains
Dirty Little Rabbits
H.I.M.
King Diamond
Drowning Pool
Fear Factory
Halford
Job For A Cowboy
Firewind
The Sword
Volbeat
Skeletonwitch
Lazarus A. D.
Unearth
Bleeding Through

It will be a tour starting in mid to late July & ending in early September. 10 to 15 dates. Thought I would pass this along.

mankvill
03-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Source? Otherwise: don't believe it. There's tons of Ozzfest rumors.

daimonos
03-16-2010, 06:56 PM
I've done some snooping & talking to contacts. The following bands are playing Ozzfest this year:

Metallica
Ozzy
Down
Mastodon
Black Label Society
Devildriver
36 Crazyfists

i was also told the delay was due to a unnamed band having problems with their vocalist. This must be either Killswitch Engage or Dragonforce because of the well known problems they are having. It will be a tour starting in mid to late July & ending in early September. Thought I would pass this along.

I don't know how much i can believe/trust you...but if with Metallica, Ozzy, Down, Mastodon, BLS, and Devildriver...I would be fucking pumped.

Beats the shit out of mayhem.

Metal_Head
03-16-2010, 07:01 PM
The final lineup would definitely have more bands than this. I also can't see Metallica doing Ozzfest for a full tour.

daimonos
03-16-2010, 07:02 PM
The final lineup would definitely have more bands than this. I also can't see Metallica doing Ozzfest for a full tour.

I couldn't see that either. I couldn't imagine them only playing for like an hour.

Plus there's not enough $$$ involved.

Metal_Head
03-16-2010, 07:07 PM
I couldn't see that either. I couldn't imagine them only playing for like an hour.

Plus there's not enough $$$ involved.

Exactly. I'll wait for an official announcement.

AnthG
03-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Dirge Within is apparently on Ozzfest, most likely to be one of the early in the day second stage bands. There's a banner on their myspace advertising it.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-16-2010, 07:18 PM
1. I gave you the Mayhem line up way in advance this year.

2. There are more bands to be announced but I do not know the entire line up.

3. My source is a member of one of the bands.

4. If you don't believe me fine. But there are other tours happening that I know of, most of them are not metal so I didnt post it here. Such as:

Offspring & 311

Green Day & AFI

5FDP, Lacuna Coil, Drowning Pool this May w/ HellYeah & Seether on some dates. Most of these are radio shows. The staff at some of these websites use info posted on my fbook page such as the Uproar Tour which I posted about this morning before it was on Blabbermouth. Iget mostof my info from band members cause usually they know before anyone what is truth & what is rumor.

JRA
03-16-2010, 07:19 PM

They wouldn't be opening for Ozzy. If they were to headline they'd be doing a two hour show.

TonyD
03-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Metallica is a little far fetched, but the schedule would work it would be awesome. They haven't done an outdoor tour in the US for a while. I'll be there.

A while back somebody (edit: it was op) who accurately leaked the bands on Mayhem said these bands were in talks. Check out the overlap, this is starting to look legit:

HellYeah
Devildriver
Down
Mastodon
Killswitch Engage
Lacuna Coil
Arch Enemy
Alice in Chains
Judas Priest
Godsmack
Disturbed
Stone Sour - now on Rockstar tour

I think it would be safe to say if Metallica happens, Priest wouldn't. If it did, then we can start arguing about best tours ever.
If Mastodon makes it, it would be the 4th US leg in support of CTS in about 16 months, which is pretty rediculous, but they usually whip out the heavy stuff for metal tours.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Metallica will headline. Not sure if Ozzy plays directly before or perhaps headlines the 2nd stage. I would venture to guess that either AiC or Godsmack lands on this tour too.

Ozzy knows Metallica willnot only help promote his new band/album on the fest but with them on the line up he will own every other metal/hard rock tour this summer. Look for it to be announced before April 2nd (date when the Mayhem ticket presale starts).

xStructualDefect
03-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Metallica
Ozzy
Down
Mastodon
Black Label Society
Devildriver
36 Crazyfists

that lineup is pretty believeable. i'm not sure if Metallica would go through with it but if so, awesome. i also wouldn't doubt it if Killswitch Engage is on the lineup either.

some bands i hope to get added and are likely are Unearth, Trivium, Darkest Hour, Black Dahlia Murder, As I Lay Dying, Meshuggah, Children of Bodom, Born of Osiris, All Shall Perish, Municipal Waste, Protest The Hero, Soilwork, Static-X, Arch Enemy. all bands i don't think have any summer plans yet.

idrinkwine732
03-16-2010, 07:49 PM
I'll be damned.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Sounds like Priest have the summer off: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134674

Pastulio_
03-16-2010, 08:22 PM
It'd be worth it for Metallica/Ozzy/Mastodon/BLS. That'd be my 3rd time seeing Mastodon in about 18 months...Hopefully they'd spice up the set. I love CtS, but I don't need to see it in full for a 3rd time!

mankvill
03-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Didn't BLS have a fall out with Ozzy?

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Ozzy replaced Zakk. No major insults or bitching. Zakk said in an interview he recently had lunch w/ Sharon & Ozzy... wonder what was discussed... Lol

idrinkwine732
03-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Zakk was a real man about it, he gained respect from me, even though I'm no fan of his music.

TonyD
03-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Kicking him out kinda made sense, Ozzy has always picked up young guys to give them a chance, like he did for Zakk. Like Ozzy said, he has his own career now, and the songwriting was getting a little monotonous.
The fucked up thing was that the internet knew before Zakk did, Ozzy didn't go to him personally. And Gus G wouldn't have been my first choice.

Derelict
03-16-2010, 09:25 PM
I'd pay $30 to sit on the lawn and watch metallica

mankvill
03-16-2010, 09:29 PM
I'd pay $30 to sit on the lawn and watch metallica

Same. Kinda hoping Metallica comes here to an outside venue this summer actually.

TonyD
03-16-2010, 09:34 PM
If it happens, ticket prices are going up. Metallica could sell most of these venues out themselves if lawn tickets were reasonable.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Tony check out Gus on Dream Evil's Book of Heavy Metal album. He shreds & riffs his heart out. Firewind is ok. I think his material with Ozzy will be more like DE instead of FW.

rjturtle9
03-16-2010, 11:13 PM
I would love to go to this show.

Looks like my lazy ass has to find a job :/

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-17-2010, 12:10 AM
One rumor I have heard is that it may not be an amphitheater tour. Guess that means either stadiums or giant arenas IF that RUMOR turns out to be true. Remember Summer Sanitarium in the early 00's Metallica played at several speedways that held an enourmous amount of fans, I think like 30 to 40,000 per show.

bt11763
03-17-2010, 07:42 AM
does want

the vocalist problem could also be Anthrax.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Anthrax... seems logical and a good fit. Lets hope it is them!!!

smearCampaign
03-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Anthrax would be much better than Killswitch or Dragonforce.

Down or Mastodon headlining the second stage would be nice.

girnny777
03-17-2010, 09:19 AM
As unlikely as this seems, it's a pretty fucking solid lineup. Metallica is the outlier here. As TonyD said, Metallica could probably sell out these venues by themselves.

MunicipalWasted
03-17-2010, 01:03 PM
311 & Offspring?!

Hollllyyyyy shitballs.

makethemsuffer12
03-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Shit. If this ends up being true, I better start whoring myself to get some cash.

JuuKun
03-17-2010, 07:40 PM
some bands i hope to get added and are likely are Children of Bodom

They're the only band I can vouch for, but they're playing a few Euro festivals and recording their next album this summer, so, no tours until probably after the album is released in early 2011.

As for the bands in the original post, can't stand 36 Crazyfists or DevilDriver, not into Down or Mastodon at all, and I'm really only so-so on BLS. I'd pay for lawn tickets to see Metallica (and Ozzy again), though, but I'd hope for atleast one or two other bands that interest me.

bt11763
03-17-2010, 09:18 PM
i actually really like 36CF , they put on a great show at mayhem

but they are one of those bands i can understand why people wouldnt dig them.

IrritatedTrout
03-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Ozzy, Metallica, and Mastodon together would make this an awesome tour. BLS is decent too.

Natrlhi
03-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Shit. If this ends up being true, I better start whoring myself to get some cash.So in other words, you won't be able to afford the ticket is what you're saying. ;)

makethemsuffer12
03-18-2010, 11:53 AM
So in other words, you won't be able to afford the ticket is what you're saying. ;)

Well yea lol. My ticket for Ozzfest '06 with System of a Down and Disturbed headlining was like 90 bucks, which Metallica alone could charge. I can see the ticket for this being around $125-130.

Chyck
03-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Well yea lol. My ticket for Ozzfest '06 with System of a Down and Disturbed headlining was like 90 bucks, which Metallica alone could charge. I can see the ticket for this being around $125-130.

Eh - You live on Long Island - you wouldn't have to turn too many tricks to make that kind of cash :D

DethMaiden
03-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Ozzfest was one of the worst experiences of my concert-going life. I'm fairly astonished that there's people who made a habit out of going year after year.

mankvill
03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Ozzfest was one of the worst experiences of my concert-going life. I'm fairly astonished that there's people who made a habit out of going year after year.

Which year did you go?

DethMaiden
03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Which year did you go?

2007, and I'd love to hear your argument about how that matters. ;)

mankvill
03-18-2010, 12:21 PM
2007, and I'd love to hear your argument about how that matters. ;)

No, I was just wondering. I went that year too and I had fun, but now that I think about it, it was probably my least favorite of "festival"-type enviorment for a concert.

DethMaiden
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
No, I was just wondering. I went that year too and I had fun, but now that I think about it, it was probably my least favorite of "festival"-type enviorment for a concert.

For me it was a poorly organized parking lot full of Lamb of God rednecks and guys trying to sell me $4 waterbottles when it was 100 degrees outside. 3 Inches of Blood were awesome, then Nile played and I was in line to get my 3IOB shit signed so I was really far away, then the rest of the day sucked.

Derelict
03-18-2010, 12:29 PM
I went in 97, 04, and 05 and had a good time at all three. Bunch of friends went, had awesome seats in 97, lawn in 04/05, hung out in the sun, drank some cold beverages, saw some bands we liked, and had a good time.

Natrlhi
03-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Eh - You live on Long Island - you wouldn't have to turn too many tricks to make that kind of cash :DStill, it doesn't help if nobody's buying what you're selling (was my original attempt at a joke, which didn't fly...:eyes:).
;)

mankvill
03-18-2010, 12:41 PM
For me it was a poorly organized parking lot full of Lamb of God rednecks and guys trying to sell me $4 waterbottles when it was 100 degrees outside. 3 Inches of Blood were awesome, then Nile played and I was in line to get my 3IOB shit signed so I was really far away, then the rest of the day sucked.

I was up near the stage and our first band was ChthoniC, so I didn't really get the rednecks because of my spot in line, but I don't doubt that there are tons there every year. :lol:

makethemsuffer12
03-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Eh - You live on Long Island - you wouldn't have to turn too many tricks to make that kind of cash :D

Haha not everyone here's wealthy dude.

Chyck
03-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Haha not everyone here's wealthy dude.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2073630_become-gigolo.html

makethemsuffer12
03-18-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how_2073630_become-gigolo.html

Thanks for the pointers. Now I just gotta go get me an Armani suit...

Chyck
03-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the pointers. Now I just gotta go get me an Armani suit...

Any time man, any time

AnthG
03-18-2010, 05:58 PM
If it happens, ticket prices are going up. Metallica could sell most of these venues out themselves if lawn tickets were reasonable.

Lawn tickets could be $100, they'd still sell out the lawn.

Indestructible
03-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Thats a good lineup if true.

TonyD
03-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Other than the scortching heat, half the lineup being shitty bands, Hot Topic kids, rednecks and the outrageous prices of food/drinks, I don't know how you couldn't have a good time at Ozzfest.
Srsly.

idrinkwine732
03-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Other than the scortching heat, half the lineup being shitty bands, Hot Topic kids, rednecks and the outrageous prices of food/drinks, I don't know how you couldn't have a good time at Ozzfest.
Srsly.

I agree with this, and the rumored lineup isn't even close to bad. 36 Crazyfists I consider to be the worst by a mile, and they're bearable. So the lineup isn't shitty, therefore Hot Topic kids will be reduced. So there's 2 of your 4 negatives gone...for now. More bands could be announced.

TonyD
03-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Usually the rumours are sweeter than the truth, I'll hope for the best but expect the worst.

With a lot of the bands and people that will be diverted to the two Rockstar tours, this has the potential to be the best Ozzfest in a long time.

thegame747
03-20-2010, 08:35 PM
hmmm.... looking at the metallica tour dates. the last show on the list now is june 27. according to this, ozzfest will be during july. i didn't believe this for shit at all at first, but now i'm starting to get my hopes up.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-21-2010, 04:22 AM
Due to Dirge Within having an Ozzfest 2010 logo on their page as previously stated, I added them as a band. If for some reason they do not play its not really a big deal imo.

It is also interesting to note that neither Godsmack nor Alice in Chains have released their touring info yet. Could it be...

I was recently told by an excellent source that Ozzfest would consist of 10 to 14 tour dates in the typical play a show then take a day or two off format. While this goes against the mid July through early September tour dates I was previously told yet adds strength to the rumor that this will be a stadium tour. Sort of like Ozzfest 2008 but instead of 1 travel destination there will be 10 or 15.

Other bands that are not rumored but have not released summer tour info for the months Ozzfest takes place are:

Serj Tankian
Drowning Pool
Godsmack
Alice in Chains
Killswitch Engage
Unearth
Bleeding Through
Firewind
Anthrax
The Devil Wears Prada
God Forbid
Soulfly/Cavalera Conspiracy
Otep
King Diamond
The Sword
Kittie (still hear rumors they are on it)
Mutiny Within
Skeletonwitch

Not sure if any of those bands will play this year but someone has to fill the open slots on the main & second stages.

Crionics
03-21-2010, 06:32 AM
Skeletonwitch would win

makethemsuffer12
03-21-2010, 06:58 AM
If AIC were on it I'd cum buckets.

mastodon421
03-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Mutiny Within is touring with Soilwork so they proably wont be on Ozzfest.

idrinkwine732
03-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Uh oh, that 15 date thing has me worried.

TonyD
03-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Uh oh, that 15 date thing has me worried.

Whatever, I'll be there.
Look for it to be announced before April 2nd (date when the Mayhem ticket presale starts).

Less than 2 weeks now...

idrinkwine732
03-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Whatever, I'll be there.

Less than 2 weeks now...

I'm pretty sure there'd be a date in the area, but I'd sorta be angry if there wasn't.

TonyD
03-21-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty sure there'd be a date in the area, but I'd sorta be angry if there wasn't.

Yeah we've been skipped on a few tours that should have been here automatically. If it isn't here, it will be LA for sure, and I could use a road trip.

idrinkwine732
03-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah we've been skipped on a few tours that should have been here automatically. If it isn't here, it will be LA for sure, and I could use a road trip.

The Rust in Peace tour comes to mind...but yeah, unless it's at a terrible time for me I might be road tripping as well.

rjturtle9
03-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Skeletonwitch would win

:blaze:

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Lets say it has 13 dates. My guess is it looks like this:

Los Angles
NY
Chicago
Dallas
Florida
Columbus or Cleveland or Cinncinatti
Detroit
Pittsburgh or Philadelphia
New Orleans
St. Louis or Kansas City
Atlanta
Boston
Indianapolis

mankvill
03-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Hopefully it's not an arena tour. That'd suck ass. Amphitheater would be just fine.

TonyD
03-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah it wouldn't be the same indoors.

rjturtle9
03-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah it wouldn't be the same indoors.

I think he means the outdoor arenas.

TonyD
03-21-2010, 03:36 PM
So where would the typical venue be? Like where they do Motocross for the X Games in LA? I think it's called the Home Depot center.

Pastulio_
03-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Lets say it has 13 dates. My guess is it looks like this:

Los Angles
NY
Chicago
Dallas
Florida
Columbus or Cleveland or Cinncinatti
Detroit
Pittsburgh or Philadelphia
New Orleans
St. Louis or Kansas City
Atlanta
Boston
Indianapolis

Assuming your line up is legit, I can only pray for a Phoenix date. My dad really wants to see Metallica though, so I could convince him to fly to LA for a weekend.

rjturtle9
03-21-2010, 04:14 PM
So where would the typical venue be? Like where they do Motocross for the X Games in LA? I think it's called the Home Depot center.

Hmmm... I guess. Im thinking he means the football soccer stadiums like that one. But i really think that Ozzfest wouldn't be able to do a whole tour in those kinda of venues. Regular amphitheaters are their best bet imo

TonyD
03-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Yeah now that I think about it, they usually didn't sell out. But Ozzy, Metallica, Alice, etc would make a big difference.

rjturtle9
03-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah now that I think about it, they usually didn't sell out. But Ozzy, Metallica, Alice, etc would make a big difference.

Well I will believe that when I see it.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-21-2010, 07:35 PM
One thing to remember is that during the 2000 summer sanitarium tour Metallica headlined several racetrack/speedways. That is another possibility along with the amphitheaters and stadiums.

Pastulio_
03-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Well, potentially another sign of this guys credibility...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/offspring_311_to_tour_this_summer.html

I don't know if this tour was being rumored of before he posted that, but he's starting to look pretty reliable.

bt11763
03-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Well, potentially another sign of this guys credibility...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/offspring_311_to_tour_this_summer.html

I don't know if this tour was being rumored of before he posted that, but he's starting to look pretty reliable.

yeah and the Green Day tour was just announced too.

AnataFan4Life
03-24-2010, 01:23 PM
They took down the 2008 lineup. I feel an announcement possibly coming soon :bliss:

bt11763
03-24-2010, 01:51 PM
They took down the 2008 lineup. I feel an announcement possibly coming soon :bliss:

:dance:

makethemsuffer12
03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Yeah, based on Wolverine's track record, I think it's safe to say that the lineup is pretty legit.

AnataFan4Life
03-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Look at Nevermore's Twitter page.

idrinkwine732
03-24-2010, 06:35 PM
For the lazies:

RT @ms_anthrope: Exciting news about Nevermore TBA tomorrow!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daimonos
03-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Look at Nevermore's Twitter page.

Let's hope that this means that Ozzfest will be announced tomorrow.

makethemsuffer12
03-24-2010, 06:40 PM
If Nevermore are on this years bill along with Metallica and everyone else, there shall be irremovable stains in my pants.

Pastulio_
03-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Aye aye aye. Hopefully the news is revealed tomorrow!

TonyD
03-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Was Nevermore among any of the rumors at any point? It could just be standard album/tour news.

idrinkwine732
03-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Was Nevermore among any of the rumors at any point? It could just be standard album/tour news.

WE LIKE SPECULATION DAMNIT!

BTW...

8/31 Give me Slayer or give me Deth

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

bt11763
03-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Oh man fuck you guys if it's not ozzfest thats being announced tomorrow

AnataFan4Life
03-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Turns out the announcement was just for the cover art and release dates.

TonyD
03-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Turns out the announcement was just for the cover art and release dates.

I TOLD YOU GUISE
Usually they announce that they're announcing it a day-week ahead of time.

AnataFan4Life
03-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Hopefully they will announce it before April 2nd.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Yeah, based on Wolverine's track record, I think it's safe to say that the lineup is pretty legit.

Let me say that the info for this tour is coming from many different sources. Some of the info I received was from as early as late January, so things could have changed since that time.

Some info you can count on, like band members (2 bands) telling me or people I know wouldn't lie or make up shit- that their band is on the fest. Then we have stuff like Dirge Within which is a give away mixed in with info like BLS and Kittie- both of whom state they are on major USA tours this summer or festival types of tours.

Ozzfest has always been the hardest tour to figure out because from my understanding they send out contracts to several different bands for one slot and after it is signed they pick one band out of maybe 3 for a certain spot on the festival. Of course the rotating bands pay to play (or they did). You can count on Roadrunner Records, Century Media, and labels like Universal or Sony ensuring they have bands representing them on the tour.

Worst case scenario is that I am off by a few bands. I am 99% certain Metallica, Ozzy, Down, Devildriver, and Mastodon will be there but nothing is a sure thing until it is on Ozzfest.com.

bt11763
03-26-2010, 09:09 AM
but nothing is a sure thing until it is on Ozzfest.com.

any inside info on when they're gonna announce?? lol. the suspense is killing me.

Bergman101
03-26-2010, 09:53 AM
War of Ages just posted on their facebook page "HUGE SUMMER TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT END OF APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" .... just saying.

TonyD
03-26-2010, 10:15 AM
If it's at the end of April... fuck me
Metallica, Dong and Down is enough to get me in the door.

bt11763
03-26-2010, 11:05 PM
If it's at the end of April... fuck me
Metallica, Dong and Down is enough to get me in the door.

same here dude.

idrinkwine732
03-26-2010, 11:15 PM
I'll go as long as the lineup is bearable. I just want to go to an Ozzfest.

TonyD
03-27-2010, 02:07 AM
I'll go as long as the lineup is bearable. I just want to go to an Ozzfest.

Have you never been?

idrinkwine732
03-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Have you never been?

Nope.

AnataFan4Life
03-27-2010, 09:44 AM
I haven't been either. I almost went to 2006, but my stepdad ruined that.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-27-2010, 12:23 PM
I had tickets for 2 or 3 different years but they canceled the Mn/Wi date what seemed to be like every fuckin year

TonyD
03-28-2010, 05:31 PM
I had tickets for 2 or 3 different years but they canceled the Mn/Wi date what seemed to be like every fuckin year

...due to low ticket sales. I remember that, it was fucking lame.

davidis138
03-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Glen Helen pavillion here in S. CA

TonyD
03-30-2010, 01:32 PM
COME ON ALREADY

bt11763
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
COME ON ALREADY

I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :mad:

idrinkwine732
03-30-2010, 04:28 PM
WOLVERINE KILLS WHERE ARE YOU???

Get your fucking sources to find something more important now, when the fuck will this lineup be announced?

AnataFan4Life
03-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I need to know when to plan my vacation to the beach :tongue:

AnataFan4Life
04-02-2010, 09:08 PM
What a bad decision for them not to announce anything before the Mayhem Presale.

idrinkwine732
04-02-2010, 09:15 PM
What a bad decision for them not to announce anything before the Mayhem Presale.

They did this on purpose though, I just don't know why. I'm starting to think it doesn't happen, because I don't know what else they could be waiting for.

AnataFan4Life
04-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Well last year they told us at the beginning of the year that ozzfest was cancelled. I think it would be a really bad idea for them to wait this long just to tell us it's cancelled.

TonyD
04-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Well last year they told us at the beginning of the year that ozzfest was cancelled. I think it would be a really bad idea for them to wait this long just to tell us it's cancelled.

Not like it would hurt the profits, aka not like Sharon would give a fuck.

tdunks523
04-03-2010, 06:52 AM
I haven't been either. I almost went to 2006, but my stepdad ruined that.

idk if you've been to other festivals but ozzfest always tops them.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-03-2010, 09:28 AM
I am gonna see what I can find out about the delay.

One thing I do see is that since the ticketmaster/live nation merger, they may have held off on announcing Ozzfest because LN has Mayhem Fest and Ticketmaster has Ozzfest... now they are not competing with each other. My guess is that Ozzfest will be announced in a few weeks, before May.

Blackened12
04-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Whenever it's announced, they better have a stop for Nissan Pagillion in VA planned or SOMEBODY's goin 2 have 2 make a road trip. Hoping they just listen 2 me.:lol:

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-05-2010, 12:03 AM
I am hearing the fest will be announced this month. One reason for the delay was because one of the main stage bands (a headliner) had to back out. Wasn't told which band.

Another source is telling me that ACDC will now headline in place of Metallica. Not sure how legit that is but in the lastfew weeks rumors of ACDC headlining Ozzfest have picked up.

I also find it odd that neither Godsmack nor Alice in Chains have announced their summer touring plans yet.

daimonos
04-05-2010, 07:13 AM
I am hearing the fest will be announced this month. One reason for the delay was because one of the main stage bands (a headliner) had to back out. Wasn't told which band.

Another source is telling me that ACDC will now headline in place of Metallica. Not sure how legit that is but in the lastfew weeks rumors of ACDC headlining Ozzfest have picked up.

I also find it odd that neither Godsmack nor Alice in Chains have announced their summer touring plans yet.

Ozzfest is no place for ACDC.

Metal_Head
04-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Ozzfest is no place for ACDC.

This. I wouldn't go if AC/DC played. The ticket prices will be through the roof.

Also, would anyone else here prefer an amphitheatre tour over a stadium tour? I'd much rather have it hit amphitheathres.

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-05-2010, 07:45 AM
It isn't a place for AC/DC, but they're still good, and they're even better live. Granted they're not metal persay (or at least our general interpretation of metal), but I would still go to see them and the other bands.

Edit: And ticket prices with Metallica would be just as bad if not worse, so that is irrelevant.

bt11763
04-05-2010, 07:57 AM
It isn't a place for AC/DC, but they're still good, and they're even better live. Granted they're not metal persay (or at least our general interpretation of metal), but I would still go to see them and the other bands.

totally agree.

i would rather see metallica over ac/dc though, even though i haven't had a chance to see either of them yet :(

Crionics
04-05-2010, 10:58 AM
The AC/DC doesn't seem likely, they have dates in the summer. Their one of my favorite bands, and I've seen them once and would love to again, but I really don't see them fitting at ozzfest, they just don't seem like a band that would fit on a touring festival. Would rather see them on their own.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-05-2010, 11:38 AM
A new Ozzfest.com design with 2010 band/detailed info is set to debut very, VERY soon!!!

moobys37
04-05-2010, 11:47 AM
A new Ozzfest.com design with 2010 band/detailed info is set to debut very, VERY soon!!!

Can you say how soon in terms of days or a week or two?

AnataFan4Life
04-05-2010, 12:03 PM
The wiz just announced that Ozzfest info will be coming VERY soon

TonyD
04-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Hopefully it's "tomorrow" soon.

mankvill
04-06-2010, 12:20 AM
what if overkill is on it :drool:

davidis138
04-06-2010, 01:53 AM

I can see that happening...:allan:

TonyD
04-06-2010, 10:10 AM

Totally off topic, but I can't wait for the next n00b who comes on here, sees you giving LoG shit, looks at your avatar/status and says "WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT".

Bergman101
04-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Totally off topic, but I can't wait for the next n00b who comes on here, sees you giving LoG shit, looks at your avatar/status and says "WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT".

Thats actually going to be right now, I kinda wanna know what thats all about, haha.

daimonos
04-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Thats actually going to be right now, I kinda wanna know what thats all about, haha.

He doesn't appreciate Lamb of God (or their fans) at all. So he's poking fun at it to try to aggravate some of the people on the site who do.

But eventually you'll get past his hatred for Lamb of God and begin to respect him.

Mank you're still a jackass.

:D

mankvill
04-06-2010, 01:15 PM
He doesn't appreciate Lamb of God (or their fans) at all. So he's poking fun at it to try to aggravate some of the people on the site who do.

But eventually you'll get past his hatred for Lamb of God and begin to respect him.

Mank you're still a jackass.

:D

SO GODDAMN EASY TO POST THIS

mastodon421
04-06-2010, 02:33 PM
SO GODDAMN EASY TO POST THIS

:lol:

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-08-2010, 08:14 AM
http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/april/08Metallica_Touring_Through_November.shtml

Metallica drummer Lars stated the band is touring through Nov. hitting New Zealand and Austrlia in November. Funny how he leaves out what their plans are for July through Sept!!!

TonyD
04-08-2010, 10:17 AM
ohshit

JRA
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Metallica will go on the road for Sharon's corporate nu-metal fest but an American big 4 tour. Fucking assholes.

I think I'm back to hating Lars again.

bt11763
04-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Metallica will go on the road for Sharon's corporate nu-metal fest but an American big 4 tour. Fucking assholes.

I think I'm back to hating Lars again.

you stopped at one point? :lol:

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Otep has a Facebook page about fans requesting them to play Ozzfest 2010. They just made a post stating that they will still post during & after Ozzfest ends. Sounds like Otep is on 2010 from the way their post is worded.

daimonos
04-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Otep has a Facebook page about fans requesting them to play Ozzfest 2010. They just made a post stating that they will still post during & after Ozzfest ends. Sounds like Otep is on 2010 from the way their post is worded.

Goddamnit...

makethemsuffer12
04-09-2010, 12:25 PM

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

mastodon421
04-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Otep blows really hard.

xStructualDefect
04-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Otep blows really hard.

this. saw them open for Static-X twice. horrible.

AnataFan4Life
04-09-2010, 12:38 PM
I hope the side stages aren't filled with crap like that

mankvill
04-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Every now and then I'll turn on the MusicChoice metal channel and they'll play "Rise, Rebel, Resist" and I have to stop everything I'm doing so I can laugh at how unbelievably terrible it is.

mastodon421
04-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Every now and then I'll turn on the MusicChoice metal channel and they'll play "Rise, Rebel, Resist" and I have to stop everything I'm doing so I can laugh at how unbelievably terrible it is.

Same. I also lol every time they play Stop,Before It's Too Late and You Destroyed It All (or whatever the fuck is called)by Atreyu so fucking awful.

daimonos
04-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Same. I also lol every time they play Stop,Before It's Too Late and You Destroyed It All (or whatever the fuck is called)by Atreyu so fucking awful.

The other day I heard there was a real good streak of awesome songs playing whenever I had it on (I don't remember what played though)...

But then Bring Me the Horizon had to come along and ruin it.

:wtf:

JuuKun
04-09-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm not even all that interested, but god damn, would they hurry up and announce the lineup already?

The_jman
04-09-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm not even all that interested, but god damn, would they hurry up and announce the lineup already?
I'm with you, I really don't care that much and probably won't go, but I'm ready for them to at least anounce it so I can go oh that's cool, or laugh...

Bergman101
04-09-2010, 09:19 PM
even more on what I posted about War of Ages a few weeks ago. They said huge summer tour announcement at the end of April on their facebook page, a lot of people assumed it was Scream The Prayer 2010, that was announced and they're not on that.... Just saying...

Namaste
04-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Is Otep seriously rumored to play? I hope that just turns out to be a rumor and not fact.

As for those speculated cities that will host Ozzfest, you can add Washington DC to that list.

Blackened12
04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
They better fuckin' play D.C. if the line-up is even close to what the rumors are. Forget Otep, I would have tried to get Arch Enemy.

mankvill
04-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Ozzfest
Summer Slaughter
Duke Nukem Forever
Half-Life Episode 3
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2

All dates coming tomorrow. Maybe.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-12-2010, 04:32 PM
What about The Roxy DVDs?? lol

TonyD
04-13-2010, 10:32 AM
FUUUUUUUU

undergroundrage
04-13-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm starting to wonder if this is even going to happen. I mean, really...how long can you wait before it's too late for people to get excited about going? Unless this is the most bad ass Ozzfest lineup ever, it's starting to become a hard sell on such short notice.

JuuKun
04-14-2010, 12:50 PM
http://ozzfest.com/blog/entry/120

OZZY TO EMBARK ON AN 18-MONTH WORLD TOUR, WITH NEWS ABOUT OZZFEST TO EMERGE NEXT WEEK

mankvill
04-14-2010, 12:55 PM

I'll believe it when I see it!

bt11763
04-14-2010, 01:26 PM

about fucking time.

Blackened12
04-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Thank God.

TonyD
04-20-2010, 10:33 AM
If this shit isn't up by Thursday I'm gonna stab somebody

JRA
04-20-2010, 10:44 AM

Stab Sharon.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 10:47 AM

You really care that much?

TonyD
04-20-2010, 11:05 AM
You really care that much?

Stab Sharon.

Yes and yes.

Pastulio_
04-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Come on already!

Crionics
04-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I agree, this is starting to get annoying.

mankvill
04-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Press release said details this week.

MPF
04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
So Tony, got your stabbing weapons ready for Sharon?

TonyD
04-22-2010, 08:27 PM
So Tony, got your stabbing weapons ready for Sharon?

I was just thinking...

Knives? Check.
Rope? Check.
Dagger? Check.
Chains? Check.
Locks? Check.
Laser Beams? Check.
Acid? Check.
Body Bag? Check.

Hey, Dethklok would be a great band for Ozzfest :lol:
Nah but really, I'm very angry. I figured they don't usually announce tours on Friday-Saturday, hopefully they do.

Indestructible
04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
I was just thinking...

Knives? Check.
Rope? Check.
Dagger? Check.
Chains? Check.
Locks? Check.
Laser Beams? Check.
Acid? Check.
Body Bag? Check.

Eggs

Natrlhi
04-22-2010, 08:50 PM
http://drinian.org/dump/riker-facepalm.jpg

TonyD
04-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Eggs

Pears
http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/20849/original/Lolwut-verbose.jpg

MPF
04-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I was just thinking...

Knives? Check.
Rope? Check.
Dagger? Check.
Chains? Check.
Locks? Check.
Laser Beams? Check.
Acid? Check.
Body Bag? Check.

Hey, Dethklok would be a great band for Ozzfest :lol:
Nah but really, I'm very angry. I figured they don't usually announce tours on Friday-Saturday, hopefully they do.

Haha awesome. :rocker: feel like doing the same thing to Sharon for basically being the reason why the last 3 Ozzfests in Somerset Wisconsin were canceled. Sure the last one was because of poor ticket sales, but that was only because Sharon pulled the plug on the other two, and it hasn't been here since. So I'm really not expecting them here anytime soon.

My guess is Monday, to start off the week right...or wrong, depending on who is on the bill.

TonyD
04-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Haha awesome. :rocker: feel like doing the same thing to Sharon for basically being the reason why the last 3 Ozzfests in Somerset Wisconsin were canceled. Sure the last one was because of poor ticket sales, but that was only because Sharon pulled the plug on the other two, and it hasn't been here since. So I'm really not expecting them here anytime soon.

That really pisses me off because it fucks the bands and the fans to save a few bucks. Isn't the risk of losing on some gigs part of promoting?

MPF
04-23-2010, 09:49 AM
That really pisses me off because it fucks the bands and the fans to save a few bucks. Isn't the risk of losing on some gigs part of promoting?

It is, and it fucking sucks. There have been so many great outdoor Metal festivals that have happened in the last 5 years that my area that we'll likely never see. Caused by that I know the town of Somerset only allows Country festivals to happen there now. So unless I wanna see Kenny fucking Chesney (or however the hell you spell it) I gotta go at least 8 hours to Chicago to see one. Instead of the 30 minute drive I'm used to.

undergroundrage
04-23-2010, 10:26 AM
This is just stupid how long it's taking them to announce any bands.

Indestructible
04-23-2010, 10:47 AM
I dont get why they keep us waiting once they have the band line up they should just announce it.

evildeadjedi
04-23-2010, 10:49 AM
I really don't care at this point unless the lineup is amazing.

MPF
04-23-2010, 10:56 AM
My only guess is that one or more of the main bands had to cancel out of the tour and they are finding replacements.

Otherwise I'm just guessing it's all Sharon's smart business skills.

TonyD
04-23-2010, 11:14 AM
They might still be booking bands or dates, I don't know.
Wolverine where are you?

Pastulio_
04-23-2010, 03:00 PM
The fact that an official announcement promised news this week makes this that much more irritating.

undergroundrage
04-23-2010, 03:36 PM
This line up must really, really suck and is lacking any sort of headline band. Otherwise they would just post it and say 'band to be announced soon' or something like they have done before.

jotun2graveland
04-23-2010, 07:00 PM
This line up must really, really suck and is lacking any sort of headline band. Otherwise they would just post it and say 'band to be announced soon' or something like they have done before.

As MPF had said, it is very likely that they may just be delaying the announcement, because a big band canceled. This type of occurrence happens with non-metal festivals/traveling ones as well, when a big band cancels.

I honestly don't plan on going, unless the line-up is just too much to pass on, but this is beyond a smart business move by Sharon (assuming no major bands backed out of Ozzfest). Seeing as many of the people (who listen to the main stage bands) probably listen to other well-known artists (of course, just a blind assumption), this is just a poor decision. I mean, when you now have to compete with Warped Tour and Mayhem Festival (which I don't really find appealing, except for the Mayhem Festival of last year), and dare I say, The Cool Tour, nothing good can come of this. I kind of get the feeling that Ozzfest is just going to become a shortened version of Gigantour (a great band having to add more contemporary bands in order to play big venues). Add in the fact that the US economy is only just now starting to sort of recover, and nothing good can come of this. It's as though Sharon thinks having Ozzy as a headliner will no matter what, draw in a crowd.
I think I'll now just stop ranting on about this situation.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Wolverine where are you?

Hanging out.

The reason the announcement is being held up was one of two things from what I have been told.

First, I was told that they are adding more shows. There were only going to be between 10 to 15. I was told it was going to be 12, but now they are considering adding a few more.

Second, another source told me that the reason for the hold up was that they were still negotiating with a few of the venues. It is minor, but important enough for them not to announce it yet.

I hear that like Mayhem Fest and Ozzfest 2008, there will be 2 stages along with the main stage.

I also hear that Kataklysm, Godsmack, All That Remains, Kittie, Anthrax, Killswitch Engage, and Job For A Cowboy are possibilities as well.

Sanitarium78
04-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Hanging out.

The reason the announcement is being held up was one of two things from what I have been told.

First, I was told that they are adding more shows. There were only going to be between 10 to 15. I was told it was going to be 12, but now they are considering adding a few more.

Second, another source told me that the reason for the hold up was that they were still negotiating with a few of the venues. It is minor, but important enough for them not to announce it yet.

If these are the reasons why don't they just be honest and make an official announcement about what the delay is? The fans aren't gonna hate them for it at all. It's better than keeping everyone waiting so long and in the dark on the whole thing. Anyways, thanks for sharing your info with us at least somebody has an idea of what's going on.

TonyD
04-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the update, the venue situation makes sense but I'm wouldn't dig any of those bands but Anthrax.

Crionics
04-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the update, the venue situation makes sense but I'm wouldn't dig any of those bands but Anthrax.

That's what I was about to say...well Anthrax and Kataklysm..I have a feeling this will be dissapointing for me.

Pastulio_
04-24-2010, 12:31 PM
If it's about dates and venues, can't they at least throw us a bone and give us some of the line-up and say "more bands/dates to be announced soon!"

TonyD
04-24-2010, 01:01 PM
That's what I was about to say...well Anthrax and Kataklysm..I have a feeling this will be dissapointing for me.

I think those are bands in addition to the original ones. Mastodon and Alice look like they might be out because of their tour, but it sounds like Down is happening and Metallica still might happen.

bt11763
04-24-2010, 01:09 PM
that makes sense but it's still ridiculous.

they announced that details would be released this week, and they couldn't even give a little bit of information. they're fuckin up in my opinion.

mankvill
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
In that weird period of sleep where I'm about to wake up but not fully asleep, I thought I went on my phone and checked this thread and it said that Iron Maiden was headlining and got off the tour right before the Kansas City date.

Even my dreams torment me.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Just got word that by the end of next week Ozzfest, Uproar & Carnival of Madness will all be announced.

Pastulio_
04-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Just got word that by the end of next week Ozzfest, Uproar & Carnival of Madness will all be announced.

This sounds strangely familiar...

mankvill
04-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Uproar & Carnival of Madness

???

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Uproar is being ran by the guy who runs Mayhem and Taste of Chaos. I bumped the threads to both tours for everyone.

mankvill
04-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh, I see.

:barf:

AnglOvDeth
04-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Just heard on Phoenix, AZ radio station 98KUPD, "Fresh off the heels of U-Fest, we have another major concert announcement coming Monday morning!"

Could this be... Ozzfest? It better be.

:party:

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Updated the thread one last time before the announcement this week...

Pastulio_
04-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Just heard on Phoenix, AZ radio station 98KUPD, "Fresh off the heels of U-Fest, we have another major concert announcement coming Monday morning!"

Could this be... Ozzfest? It better be.

:party:

Can't wait for this announcement!

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Hate to ruin it for ya... but I know Carnival of Madness is announced today... :bouville:

bt11763
04-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Hate to ruin it for ya... but I know Carnival of Madness is announced today... :bouville:

carnival of madness? :confused:

Blackened12
04-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Very interesting to note that the New Zealand and Australian dates that Metallica announced start in early October.......
Just about the time Ozzfest would be ending maybe?

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-28-2010, 07:58 AM
The info I was told about Metallica is really starting to get me excited. It looks legit. Why do you skip announcing tour dates after June and jump straight to fall?

Also, I can proudly announce the first death metal band to be confirmed for Ozzfest 2010 by my sources... the mighty SUFFOCATION!!!

ravenheart
04-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Why do you skip announcing tour dates after June and jump straight to fall?

Because James and Lars are finally going to get married/civil partnership in July and honeymoon in August.

The Green and Black
04-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Because James and Lars are finally going to get married/civil partnership in July and honeymoon in August.

Dave Mustaine is not going to be happy about this. :nonono:

daimonos
04-28-2010, 08:16 AM
The info I was told about Metallica is really starting to get me excited. It looks legit. Why do you skip announcing tour dates after June and jump straight to fall?

Also, I can proudly announce the first death metal band to be confirmed for Ozzfest 2010 by my sources... the mighty SUFFOCATION!!!

I just shat myself.

Natrlhi
04-28-2010, 08:34 AM
I just shat myself.

I think you just like using the word "shat". They were on this tour last year, so what's the surprise?

ravenheart
04-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Dave Mustaine is not going to be happy about this. :nonono:

He's head bridesmaid. Kirk is doing his hair.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Heard some info from a good source. Said Ozzfest mainstage looks like this:

Metallica (90 mins)
Ozzy (60 mins)
Alice in Chains (45 mins)
Down (35 mins)
Mastodon (35 mins)

He says the announcments are held up because they are changing venues to accomodate 50,000 fans at each stop. He said 12 to 15 dates. Says it will be announced next week.

bt11763
04-28-2010, 10:24 AM

GAHH :drool:

I think you just like using the word "shat". They were on this tour last year, so what's the surprise?

what??

Says it will be announced next week.

GAHHHHHHH :mad:

Natrlhi
04-28-2010, 10:47 AM
what??Fuck. I must have been thinking about Summer Slaughter.

Never mind! :oops:

bt11763
04-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Fuck. I must have been thinking about Summer Slaughter.

Never mind! :oops:

derp ;)

Sanitarium78
04-28-2010, 11:16 AM

Metallica (90 mins)
Ozzy (60 mins)
Down (35 mins)
Mastodon (35 mins)

He says the announcments are held up because they are changing venues to accomodate 50,000 fans at each stop. He said 12 to 15 dates. Says it will be announced next week.

This is a really cool main stage if this is true. For those complaining about Metallica doing to much off DM I think they'll get the chance not hear too much from it with the shorter than normal set for them. I've got a pretty strong feeling i'm gonna miss this show because I don't believe with such limitted dates they'll be getting anywhere near me.

Crionics
04-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Metallica, AIC, Mastodon and Suffocation??? Sounds good!

mankvill
04-28-2010, 11:30 AM
It will never be announced.

This is all fake.

Crionics
04-28-2010, 11:33 AM
It will never be announced.

This is all fake.

I will laugh it is Anaal Nathrakh headlining the main stage and you never heard about it :D

mankvill
04-28-2010, 11:41 AM
I will laugh it is Anaal Nathrakh headlining the main stage and you never heard about it :D

I would be the only person at the main stage. :D

mastodon421
04-28-2010, 11:43 AM
I bet tickets will be at least 150 bucks.

Crionics
04-28-2010, 11:45 AM

Und mich.

But if the rumors are true, so far it looks good..ofcourse theres going to be some bands there that nobody likes..

Natrlhi
I would be there, too. Kicking your ass. :boxer:

makethemsuffer12
I bet tickets will be at least 150 bucks.

Unfortunately, though I'm going to try and go regardless. My favorite band of all time with some other awesome bands should definately be worth it.

undergroundrage
04-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Well if that's the main stage, I'm going for sure.

bt11763
04-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Unfortunately, though I'm going to try and go regardless. My favorite band of all time with some other awesome bands should definately be worth it.

:agree:

Blackened12
04-28-2010, 12:47 PM
I no longer care how long it takes them to announce it, as long as this is true. Give Tallica 2 hours and I don't think it could get much more perfect.:bliss:

xStructualDefect
04-28-2010, 01:28 PM
i had already planned on going to Ozzfest but Metallica headlining is a guarantee go now. Alice in Chains would be pretty nice to see also.

AnataFan4Life
04-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Metallica, Down, Ozzy, Mastodon, Alice In Chains, and Suffocation, all in one!?

Looks like I know what i'm doing for a vacation this summer :rocker:

Pastulio_
04-28-2010, 04:19 PM
I see a huge increase in posts, and figure dates HAD to have been announced...WRONG. If Suffocations really on the bill, that's awesome.

es156
04-28-2010, 04:55 PM
This all sounds great except for the stadium part. That sucks.

TonyD
04-28-2010, 05:41 PM

Metallica (90 mins)
Ozzy (60 mins)
Down (35 mins)
Mastodon (35 mins)

In the words of Devy

OH
MY
FUH
KING
GOD
I don't know about those set times though. Give everybody 90 minutes and one stage only like a Monsters of Rock type thing, and it would be way better.

mankvill
04-28-2010, 06:03 PM

Yeah, that's going to factor way into if I want to go or not.

eyes_of_the_south
04-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Ozzfest 2010 info will be released this Friday night according to rollingstone.com

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/;kw=[13193,138333]

Sanitarium78
04-28-2010, 06:29 PM

I've been to some stadium shows before and never thought they were that bad. You lose the intimacy of the smaller venues but i've seen some enjoyable shows in stadiums before. Plus, being able to see Metallica, Ozzy and AIC all on the same day, even with shorter sets, will be a very cool thing.

I know where I live in Buffalo isn't the first place on any bands list to play. But Metallica always plays here and Ozzy has played here quite often through the years himself. Factoring in that it's gonna be a stadium tour and we've got one of the biggest capacity stadiums in the NFL, i've got some hope that it may actually come here.

Indestructible
04-28-2010, 06:52 PM
AIC,Ozzy and Metallica would bring a good crowd for Buffalo.

Metal_Head
04-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Ozzfest 2010 info will be released this Friday night according to rollingstone.com

Finally we have a set date for the announcement! Thanks for the info.

evildeadjedi
04-28-2010, 07:08 PM
If Ohio gets a date it will probably either be at the Q in Cleveland or Fifth Third in Cincy. There is a very very small chance it's Nationwide in Cbus and an even smaller chance it's "The Shoe" or the "Schott".

bt11763
04-28-2010, 07:21 PM

http://reactionface.com/index.php?q=/image/1269.png

AnthG
04-28-2010, 07:26 PM
AIC,Ozzy and Metallica would bring a good crowd for Buffalo.

If there's no Canadian dates announced on this tour (which is very likely given past Ozzfest tours), a buffalo date would sell out easily as loads of people from Toronto would make the drive to see this tour if it played somewhere like Ralph Wilson Stadium. Metallica pulled 2 sold out shows at the Air Canada Centre last year, plus a mostly filled HSBC Arena show on the same tour.

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-29-2010, 09:00 AM
It's been pretty much decided that I'm gonna go to this instead of Mayhem at this point. Hopefully it's at a convenient date and prices don't soar up. Metal shows are becoming so non-second nature to me anymore it's upsetting, so I hope everything works out for me to not only be able to go to this, but to want to go to this.

undergroundrage
04-29-2010, 09:54 AM
theprp.com says Killswitch Engage, Black Label Society and DevilDriver are also rumored.

Crionics
04-29-2010, 10:00 AM
theprp.com says Killswitch Engage, Black Label Society and DevilDriver are also rumored.

Damn, don't really like any of those...

daimonos
04-29-2010, 11:52 AM

BLS is always great, and Devildriver is good, not a fan of Killswitch at all though.

mastodon421
04-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Like I said earlier there are some bands I would love to see on this but i'm not to going to sacrifice going to Summer Slaughter,AILD/BTBAM and Megadeth/Slayer just to go to this. Plus i am proably going to see Alice In Chains in September.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 07:24 AM
FYI

Another good source of mine who has been quiet about Ozzfest when I asked has told me he hears Tool will headline instead of Metallica. I'm really not sure what to believe at this point. I was told Metallica in early 2010. With the delays in the announcment I am wondering if things have not changed. We will find out in a few hours...

idrinkwine732
04-30-2010, 07:32 AM
FYI

Another good source of mine who has been quiet about Ozzfest when I asked has told me he hears Tool will headline instead of Metallica. I'm really not sure what to believe at this point. I was told Metallica in early 2010. With the delays in the announcment I am wondering if things have not changed. We will find out in a few hours...

I think this isn't true, because there was a troll over at Ozzfest who started a rumor of Tool headlining and quite a few people bought it and spread it around. Nothing against your source, I just think that this is a result of that. Plus Tool just announced a bunch of summer dates.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 08:09 AM
You may be right. Honestly, Ozzfest is the most difficult tour to get legit info on for some reason. Year after year it is hard to determine who is actually playing. My best sources, who are always on the money, often times get fed BS when it comes to Ozzfest. I almost didn't post any of my Ozzfest info because I hate to get the other tours correct and then everyone believe what I post about Ozzfest to be truth and perhaps be let down if the line up is different from the one I posted. But after getting a feel for this place and its members, I think the maturity level is high around these parts and there shouldn't be any problems no matter what bands are on the line up. At least any problems directed towards me.

mankvill
04-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Well, we'll find out tonight.

bt11763
04-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Well, we'll find out tonight.

do we know about what time?

cradle_of_maiden
04-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Updated this on 4-28-10 with other rumored/likely bands. I've done some snooping & talking to contacts. The following bands are playing Ozzfest this year:

Metallica
Ozzy
Down
Mastodon
Black Label Society
Devildriver
Otep
36 Crazyfists
Dirge Within
Suffocation

Other likely bands:

Godsmack
Kataklysm
Killswitch Engage

Other bands rumored by different people (some may be true, some may be BS):

Kittie
Limp Bizkit
Anthrax
Nevermore
Danzig
All That Remains
Dirty Little Rabbits
H.I.M.
King Diamond
Drowning Pool
Fear Factory
Halford
Job For A Cowboy
Firewind
The Sword
Volbeat
Skeletonwitch
Lazarus A. D.
Unearth
Bleeding Through

It will be a tour starting in mid to late July & ending in early September. 10 to 15 dates. Thought I would pass this along.

If King Diamond is playing then I'm definitely going!!!

TonyD
04-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Just curious Wolverine, what are your sources? Like people that work for Live Nation or Ticket Bastard?

undergroundrage
04-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Just curious Wolverine, what are your sources? Like people that work for Live Nation or Ticket Bastard?

those companies are one in the same, or so I hear...

Derelict
04-30-2010, 12:03 PM
"A post at the official Ozzfest web site says that an announcement about this year's edition of the festival will be made on Friday night (April 30). According to The Pulse of Radio, the timing of the news seems odd, since Friday nights are considered a "news dump" where things are announced purposely to gather the least attention. OZZY OSBOURNE will, of course, headline the show, and sources tell The Pulse of Radio that one rumored main stage configuration includes METALLICA, ALICE IN CHAINS, DOWN and MASTODON."

Seriously, this is more complicated than a news conference involving Obama, the Pope, and Putin.

andrew_metalhead
04-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Not liking the line-up that much, but oh well it beats the crap out of Mayhem fest and "California metalfest (shitfest)" so yeah I'm down.

I really wish it WASN'T Metallica and it was some other band in their spot. I LOVE Metallica but I'm not saying this because I saw them a few times already on their 2008 and 2009 runs. I'm saying it because I'm sure pretty much every Metallica fan here in the States would have seen them in at least one show during those two tour legs.

Having said that, it would be still cool to see them again. I mean when really is it not cool to see Metallica perform :)

Really looking forward to seeing Down and BLS again after a long-ish time (not Mastodon and AIC, I really don't care that much about those bands).

daimonos
04-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Not liking the line-up that much, but oh well it beats the crap out of Mayhem fest and "California metalfest (shitfest)" so yeah I'm down.

I really wish it WASN'T Metallica and it was some other band in their spot. I LOVE Metallica but I'm not saying this because I saw them a few times already on their 2008 and 2009 runs. I'm saying it because I'm sure pretty much every Metallica fan here in the States would have seen them in at least one show during those two tour legs.

Having said that, it would be still cool to see them again. I mean when really is it not cool to see Metallica perform :)

Really looking forward to seeing Down and BLS again after a long-ish time (not Mastodon and AIC, I really don't care that much about those bands).

Actually they haven't come to Pittsburgh on any of their tours since 2004. So I haven't seen them since then, and I would like to.