PDA

View Full Version : Metal Hammer to release AC/DC, Judas Preist, Black Sabbath Tribute Albums

MPF
03-13-2010, 01:43 PM
For those interested:

To celebrate the 30th anniversaries of AC/DC's classic "Back In Black" album and the 40th anniversary of BLACK SABBATH's inception, U.K.'s Metal Hammer is lining up some "ultra-awesome" tribute albums to be given away with future copies of the magazine.

STEEL PANTHER and SKINDRED ("Back In Black") have been confirmed for Metal Hammer's AC/DC album, which will include the best of both the Bon Scott and the Brian Johnson eras.

TRIGGER THE BLOODSHED and WHITE WIZZARD are already scheduled for the re-creation of JUDAS PRIEST's legendary "British Steel", with TRIGGER doing "Rapid Fire".

As for the BLACK SABBATH album, TURISAS, ELECTRIC WIZARD and APOCALYPTICA are recording versions for Metal Hammer with APOCALYPTICA covering the classic track "Spiral Architect". Other rumored acts for the SABBATH CD include PRONG, CAVALERA CONSPIRACY and ORANGE GOBLIN.

Pastulio_
03-13-2010, 01:53 PM
As for the BLACK SABBATH album, TURISAS, ELECTRIC WIZARD

:horns:

JuuKun
03-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Turisas doing Sabbath? Should be cool!

ravenheart
03-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Orange Goblin are doing 'Hole In The Sky' for the Sabbath one. Very excited about that CD when I heard about it a few days ago.

Based on the mentioned acts for the other two, I've no interest at all. Don't like any of them.

That said, I don't like half the bands on the Iron Maiden one they did last year, but there were still enough on there I wanted to hear to make it worth buying.