PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- Indianapolis, IN -- March 11th, 2010

gilpdawg
03-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Exodus

Changed it up from the other setlist I saw on this site.

Bonded by Blood
The Last Act of Defiance
Fabulous Disaster
Piranha
A Lesson in Violence
Brain Dead
War is My Shepard
Toxic Waltz
Strike of the Beast

Testament

They added Into the Pit. I didn't expect it, but it was there. I thought I was crazy because I knew they were playing The Legacy. I turned to my buddy and said "I thought this was on the next album." I was right. They played it before Alone in the Dark. So their set is like so:

Over the Wall
The Haunting
Burnt Offerings
Raging Waters
C.O.T.L.O.D.
First Strike Is Deadly
Do or Die
Into the Pit
Alone in the Dark
Apocalyptic City

Megadave

Set The World Afire
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was The Cure
Lucretia
Tornado Of Souls
Dawn Patrol
Rust In Peace...Polaris
Headcrusher
Trust
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars [Reprise]

I guess they just can't play a show without finishing up with Holy Wars in some form.:D

davidis138
03-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Not complaining or anything about any of the setlists but I really hope Dave puts in at least one change to the set.

girnny777
03-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Holy fuck that's a good Exodus set. Take out all the crap songs from Shovel and Atrocity and replace them with more songs from Fabulous Disaster. Hell yes.

mankvill
03-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Not complaining or anything about any of the setlists but I really hope Dave puts in at least one change to the set.

probably will the time American Carnage rolls around.

Never going to happen, but...

here's hoping for Looking Down The Cross. :cool::666:

Citatet
03-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Testament

They added Into the Pit. I didn't expect it, but it was there. I thought I was crazy because I knew they were playing The Legacy. I turned to my buddy and said "I thought this was on the next album." I was right. They played it before Alone in the Dark. So their set is like so:

Over the Wall
The Haunting
Burnt Offerings
Raging Waters
C.O.T.L.O.D.
First Strike Is Deadly
Do or Die
Into the Pit
Alone in the Dark
Apocalyptic City

You´re telling me Testament didn´t play "Disciples of The Watch"?

Weak set in my opinion. Sucks there is nothing form "The Formation of Damnation"

MetalIsArt
03-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Yeah so?

They never played more than 2-3 songs from it anyway.

JRA
03-12-2010, 06:41 AM
I guess they just can't play a show without finishing up with Holy Wars in some form.:D

:lame:

ADD
03-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Fabolous Disaster gettin love from the locals finally, I like to see "Brain Dead" there too :rocker: Bummer to be missing this show for sure.

TonyD
03-12-2010, 10:28 AM

:blaze:

makethemsuffer12
03-12-2010, 10:51 AM

Weak set in my opinion. Sucks there is nothing form "The Formation of Damnation"

Well the point was just to play The Legacy from start to finish, so to see anything otherwise shouldn't be expected.

SomewhereInTime72
03-12-2010, 11:40 AM
:lame:

Gotta agree, that's pretty silly.

Sanitarium78
03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Gotta agree, that's pretty silly.

I agree. Peace Sells works fine as a closer on it's own. HW wasn't even the regular closer for them until the 2001 tour anyways, so it's not like they haven't closed with other songs before.

It's not really that big a deal though. When I see them tomorrow night i'm not really gonna care what way they end the show:rocker:

Nice to see Testament added another song but why not just play ITTP at the end instead of throwing it in the middle of playing The Legacy? That's a lot sillier I think than the way Megadeth is closing the show.

x-voltage
03-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I was at the show and the reason why Testament played Into the Pit (I think the first time they've played a song not on The Legacy in this tour so far) is because The Murat is all seats, which means that there is no play to mosh. Every singer commented how that was bullshit and I think Testament played Into the Pit just to shove it up the venue's ass. I also thought that it was cool when Exodus' guitarist pulled up a young kid at the end of their set to play guitar. Great guy.

jhdeity
03-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Exodus has to find a way to get Dethamphetamine in their set.

davidis138
03-12-2010, 01:54 PM

I hope sooner but yeah I don't expect RIP to get played on that tour. Maybe the big four shows.

And songs from the first album that aren't Rattlehead and Mechanix? :eyes: I think DM smoked those out of his head

andrew_metalhead
03-12-2010, 03:28 PM
I think Testament played Into the Pit just to shove it up the venue's ass.

Dude that's fucking epic!!! :lol: :lol:

Indestructible
03-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Nothing to complain about since they are doing all of rust but I think they should play Endgame.

andrew_metalhead
03-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Nothing to complain about since they are doing all of rust but I think they should play Endgame.

They'll do that on American Carnage. :)

JudasPriest89
03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
This show was BADASS!

idrinkwine732
03-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Does this mean Testament won't do all of Legacy for American Carnage, or will they do it then too?

Sanitarium78
03-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I was at the show and the reason why Testament played Into the Pit (I think the first time they've played a song not on The Legacy in this tour so far) is because The Murat is all seats, which means that there is no play to mosh. Every singer commented how that was bullshit and I think Testament played Into the Pit just to shove it up the venue's ass. I also thought that it was cool when Exodus' guitarist pulled up a young kid at the end of their set to play guitar. Great guy.

Maybe i'm nitpicking here, but the fact that there's seats in the venue isn't really the fault of anyone who works at the venue. If anything the bands should be mad at the bookers of the tour for putting them in a place with seats.

Seems like the anger is being misplaced here.

es156
03-12-2010, 06:06 PM
It was not the first time that Testament played Into The Pit on this tour.

HackedUpForBBQ
03-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Anyone know what time Exodus hit the stage?

Platinum Maze
03-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Testament has also played Reign of Terror on this tour. Not sure of it's location in the set though...

es156
03-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Anyone know what time Exodus hit the stage?

In Indy they started at 7:00 and played for about 45 minutes.

digitallive
03-13-2010, 12:32 AM

i talked to greg (bass) from testament after the gig in pittsburgh on the 12th. at least i'm pretty sure thats what his name was. he told me they'd play a varied set w/ stuff from "formation" on the carnage tour. we were bullshitting and i asked him if he got excited to play a 20+ year old record or if he'd rather play their recent, more challenging/technical material. he said basically he likes doing it this tour b/c its about an era and the classic thrash, but he'd prefer to play a more varied set. at least they got 1 non-legacy tune in there. i thot they'd only have time for legacy.

sadly we completely missed exodus, guess they went out right at 7pm, which is when it listed as doors opening, show @ 730. oh well. i went for rust in piece. thats all i cared about. honestly, i wouldnt have gone if it was just megadeth. rust in piece is really their only record i love start to finish, so i had to see this show, and it was killer.

also bud taped the whole gig on video. you can look for youtube samples later today (http://www.youtube.com/digitaIIive). megadeths A++++ looks fantastic. Testament, there were ppl being ushered to their seats so there are a few security ducks and heads in the way from ppl walking to and from. have better seats for mastodon where we'll be front of the balcony so that won't be a problem. this is an odd venue, oooold ass style theater, all seated, ushers that seat you n' shit.

gilpdawg
03-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Maybe i'm nitpicking here, but the fact that there's seats in the venue isn't really the fault of anyone who works at the venue. If anything the bands should be mad at the bookers of the tour for putting them in a place with seats.

Seems like the anger is being misplaced here.
Thing is, there's a room in the same building that is general admission. Killswitch just played that room, and the capacity is about the same. The Murat is a complex with several halls. For some reason, they've started having metal shows in the main theater, instead of in the Egyptian Room. Rob Zombie played the theater as well.

gilpdawg
03-13-2010, 01:37 AM
i talked to greg (bass) from testament after the gig in pittsburgh on the 12th. at least i'm pretty sure thats what his name was. he told me they'd play a varied set w/ stuff from "formation" on the carnage tour. we were bullshitting and i asked him if he got excited to play a 20+ year old record or if he'd rather play their recent, more challenging/technical material. he said basically he likes doing it this tour b/c its about an era and the classic thrash, but he'd prefer to play a more varied set. at least they got 1 non-legacy tune in there. i thot they'd only have time for legacy.

sadly we completely missed exodus, guess they went out right at 7pm, which is when it listed as doors opening, show @ 730. oh well. i went for rust in piece. thats all i cared about. honestly, i wouldnt have gone if it was just megadeth. rust in piece is really their only record i love start to finish, so i had to see this show, and it was killer.

also bud taped the whole gig on video. you can look for youtube samples later today (http://www.youtube.com/digitaIIive). megadeths A++++ looks fantastic. Testament, there were ppl being ushered to their seats so there are a few security ducks and heads in the way from ppl walking to and from. have better seats for mastodon where we'll be front of the balcony so that won't be a problem. this is an odd venue, oooold ass style theater, all seated, ushers that seat you n' shit.
That's weird. My ticket said Doors at 6, show at 7.

alexestes
03-13-2010, 06:02 AM
Did anyone else have a MAJOR problem hearing Dave Mustaine's vocals? I know he's kinda quiet live, but this is the 6th time I've seen Megadeth and I've never had any issues with their sound. I could barely hear him or his guitar at this show. I was pissed during Dawn Patrol, they started playing it and I didn't hear vocals kick in at the usual spot, so I thought they were doing a prolonged intro with just drums and bass then dave would walk out on stage, everyone would cheer and he'd start singing. Not the case apparently. I don't know if he forgot to come in or if the sound was just that horrible, but I didn't catch any vocals until "as I read our epitaph". I was fuckin' PISSED!!! Kinda ruined the title track that followed after a disaster like that. My girlfriend and I drove 4 hours to Indy from St.Louis for this theater to suck ass at mixing sound!! I guess hearing a flawless live version of the entire R.I.P. album was just too good to be true. Never going back to the Murat again. Not sure why they skipped St.Louis this time around, they could've played at The Pageant and had a fantastic show. Oh, well at least I can say I've seen RIP live now. My only hope is they come back to St.Louis and at least give us Dawn Patrol and Five Magics.

Sanitarium78
03-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Thing is, there's a room in the same building that is general admission. Killswitch just played that room, and the capacity is about the same. The Murat is a complex with several halls. For some reason, they've started having metal shows in the main theater, instead of in the Egyptian Room. Rob Zombie played the theater as well.

Oh, that's intresting. I wonder how many promoters are aware that there are two seperate venues there? It's possible they're booking bands at the venue without realising that.

jhdeity
03-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Testament has also played Reign of Terror on this tour. Not sure of it's location in the set though...

Fukkin right! Love that song!

gilpdawg
03-13-2010, 01:54 PM
I am pretty sure the promotors know. The egyptian room is one of the main venues in Indy. And I agree, Dave was hard to hear.

Travis The Dragon
03-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Go here for an audio bootleg of the show: http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/megadeth-march-11-2010-indianapolis-indiana-101796.html?highlight=megadeth

GASTONCAPO666
03-14-2010, 05:53 AM
hey guys im going to see megadave on thursday, whats the deal with cameras???

IrritatedTrout
03-14-2010, 08:29 AM
It's up to the venue usually.

rjturtle9
03-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Watching videos from one of the no GA shows. very weird.

x-voltage
03-14-2010, 01:58 PM
I thought the same thing. I couldn't hear Dave's vocals at all and Broderick's guitar was way louder. I couldn't hear Exodus' singer at all and Bostaph's snare was too loud. I heard Chuck Billy the best out of all the vocalists.