PDA

View Full Version : As I Lay Dying-NEW album release date and artwork!

Travis The Dragon
03-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Metal Blade Records has set a May 11 North American release date for "The Powerless Rise", the fifth full-length album from San Diego, California metallers AS I LAY DYING. The band recently finished up the recording process in San Diego with producer Adam Dutkiewicz (KILLSWITCH ENGAGE) and mixed the effort with Colin Richardson and his assistant Martyn "Ginge" Ford.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/asilaypower.jpg
Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=136487

I can't wait for this and the tour!!! I loved their last album and they always put on a SUPER AMAZING live performance! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

MPF
03-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I actually got knocked out at a As I Lay Dying show.

I went with a friend of mine who's really into them to see AIYD/All That Remains/Haste The Day/Through The Eyes OF The Dead.

TTEOTD, are ok, I guess I'm not really into them. Not into Deathcore

During Haste The Day some white trash, Andrew W.K. lookin mother fucker karate kicked me right in the back of the head and I dropped like a rock. Which is not easy to do on me because I'm 6ft 4in and 230lbs.

The security pulled me out of the pit and pulled me behind the stage. The good side of all that was that I got to meet All That Remains while I was back there. Phil did the great line from Friday..."You got knocked The fuck out!!!" I got to hang out with them for about 20 more minutes until they had to get ready to setup. They did a hell of a show too.

As I Lay Dying were pretty good too, but ATR easily topped them that night. But I did get AILD's setlist after the show, which was awesome!

All in all, I hate deathcore, hardcore Scene kids and their gay Karate kicks. But hey I still had a great night.

Back to the new album, I'll be checking it out An Ocean Between Us had some killer songs on it.

mankvill
03-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Saw them open for Lamb Of God.

AILD kicked the shit out of LoG that night.

ChildrenofSodom
03-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I like AILD. I like their last album, An Ocean Between Us.

300%_Density
03-10-2010, 04:24 PM

That might be open for debate, I was there and not sure if I completely agree w/ that statement.

idrinkwine732
03-10-2010, 05:35 PM
:eyes::party::eyes:

mankvill
03-10-2010, 05:59 PM
That might be open for debate, I was there and not sure if I completely agree w/ that statement.

I'm open to a friendly debate!

IMO: in terms of general stage presence and energy, AILD were the 2nd best band that night.

xStructualDefect
03-10-2010, 10:27 PM
As I Lay Dying is amazing live. An Ocean Between Us was definently a step up in the right direction so i have high hopes for this one.

Fires Of Sedition
03-11-2010, 11:39 AM

Worst show ever

mankvill
03-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Worst show ever

Yeah, any LoG show is the worst show ever.

;)

Derelict
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
The Lord would approve of this album.

Fires Of Sedition
03-11-2010, 12:22 PM

;)

Only the ones in Kansas.

:tongue:

MunicipalWasted
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Only the ones in Kansas.

:tongue:

I never really thought about it but people were hardcore fags at that show. Well except for GF, MW, and AILD fans.

tdunks523
03-11-2010, 07:32 PM
pumped for this cant wait and im expecting a big us headlining tour too

Fires Of Sedition
03-11-2010, 11:20 PM
I never really thought about it but people were hardcore fags at that show. Well except for GF, MW, and AILD fans.

I was on the rail the entire time...until As I Lay Crying came on and I immediately got more crushed than I've ever been. The chick next to me passed out.

mastodon421
03-12-2010, 05:59 AM
can't wait for this record and the upcoming tour.

mayhem 66
03-12-2010, 08:30 PM

;)

No mayhem festival 2008 with DragonForce was the worst show ever. DragonForce were on main stage was very boring and sad like the pit. WE had sections of chairs near the stage not one person stood up A guy next to me said (when their finished) "You suck now get off the stage". LOG had a balcony with chairs everyone stood up the pit was crazy, a person was kicked out . I saw As I Lay Dying at Mayhem were good live. Looking forward to new album.

---------------
03.24 Soulfly
07.20 Mayhem Festival