PDA

View Full Version : Paul Di'Anno to perform ENTIRE debut Iron Maiden album on upcoming Australian tour!

Travis The Dragon
03-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Hardline Media has announced the Paul Di'Anno "30th Anniversary Of Iron Maiden" tour. This is a very special tour, marking the 30th anniversary of the debut self-titled IRON MAIDEN album. For the first and only time in history, you will hear every song from the "Iron Maiden" LP played live, along with multiple tracks from "Killers", IRON MAIDEN's legendary second album. Some of the songs from the first LP have not been played live for nearly 30 years, so this is a very special occasion for Australian fans, as this occasion looks set to only happen in Oz.

Tickets look set to sell fast so get in quick, and there will be special V.I.P. packages available for the diehard fans. These packages will get you entry to the show, a merchandise bag, tour poster and a meet-and-greet with the Beast himself, Paul Di'Anno. Contact Hardline Media at hardlinem@yahoo.com for more information on these packages.

The dates are as follows:

Jun. 17 - Bar On The Hill - Newcastle, Australia
Jun. 18 - Waves - Wollongong, Australia
Jun. 19 - Gaelic Theatre - Sydney, Australia
Jun. 20 - ANU - Canberra, Australia
Jun. 24 - The Espy Gershwin Room - Melbourne, Australia
Jun. 25 - Republic Bar - Hobart, Australia
Jun. 26 - Fowlers Live - Adelaide, Australia
Jun. 27 - Amplifier - Perth, Australia
Jun. 29 - Rosies - Brisbane, Australia
Jul. 01 - Al's Bar - Christchurch, New Zealand
Jul. 02 - Bodega's - Wellington, New Zealand
Jul. 03 - Transmission Room - Auckland, New ZealandSource: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=136418

I'd love to hear that! Hopefully a show will be filmed for DVD.

DethMaiden
03-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Dude, I don't know how there hasn't been a lawsuit against this bullshit by now. This isn't a tribute band situation; this is a disgruntled former member of a band (barely) paying his bills with music that he didn't write 90% of, and the original band who recorded it hasn't broken up. How Steve doesn't have tighter control of the material for this is beyond me.

Travis The Dragon
03-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Dude, I don't know how there hasn't been a lawsuit against this bullshit by now. This isn't a tribute band situation; this is a disgruntled former member of a band (barely) paying his bills with music that he didn't write 90% of, and the original band who recorded it hasn't broken up. How Steve doesn't have tighter control of the material for this is beyond me.

Steve probably figures since the guy is barely making it anyway that a lawsuit would be a total waste of everyone's time and money. Let him have his bit of fun as long as it isn't hurting Maiden. NOTHING can stop the almighty Maiden! :party: :rocker: :party: :rocker: :party: :rocker:

JRA
03-09-2010, 05:11 PM

Compounding this is that interview Paul gave awhile back comparing Harris to Adolf Hitler.

Div
03-09-2010, 05:17 PM
this guy is so fucking pathetic. instead of writing new material to make a name for himself he just keeps riding maiden's coattails and playing the same old material over and over. on his website he attributes himself to like 20 albums, but over half of them are just maiden compilations. atleast blaze went on to try and make something of himself, but dianno is just a whore.

Travis The Dragon
03-09-2010, 05:22 PM
this guy is so fucking pathetic. instead of writing new material to make a name for himself he just keeps riding maiden's coattails and playing the same old material over and over. on his website he attributes himself to like 20 albums, but over half of them are just maiden compilations. atleast blaze went on to try and make something of himself, but dianno is just a whore.

He's done quite a bit of material outside of Maiden: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Di'Anno#Discography

mankvill
03-09-2010, 05:45 PM
This would be interesting if he didn't already do most of the tracks every single tour he's done for like the past 20 years.

Div
03-09-2010, 05:53 PM
He's done quite a bit of material outside of Maiden: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Di'Anno#Discography

it looks like alot at first glance but lets analyze this. there are 31 things on that list (exclusing the last section). we take 5 out because its maiden material. then we take 4 more off because theyre either compilations or re-releases. then we take out live albums, which there are 5 of. So after that there are only 17 albums left that can make an argument for having fresh material on them. plus almost every one of those albums contains the words "iron" "maiden" or "killers" in it... this guy is just oozing with creativity.

and reading down his wiki you see one pathetic failure after another. my favorite is this part: "After the release of Murder One, Paul married an English girl whom he flew in to New York. Drugs and alcohol took their toll and the marriage quickly fell apart. Paul left New York and moved in with his new American girlfriend in LA. A fight between him and his new girlfriend involving a knife alerted the attention of the police, who came into the apartment and arrested him for spousal abuse, cocaine possession and firearms offenses."

:lol:

and for the record ill always take steve's side of the story and not even give dianno benefit of the doubt. i mean harris has made maiden a colossal success, and paul just rants like a bitter drug abuser in all his interviews. its not hard to tell which one of them is full of shit.

Derelict
03-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Between this and the reviews of the shows from the US tour, one can only conclude this guy is a class A loser

Travis The Dragon
03-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Compounding this is that interview Paul gave awhile back comparing Harris to Adolf Hitler.

Oh ya, I forgot about that. Because of that, I have very little respect for the guy. If I saw him, it would only be because he was in Maiden and just to hear him do those songs live. And if I got a chance to meet him, I would only have him sign Maiden stuff. But Paul himself as a person? Fuck him!

davidis138
03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Remember Tomorrow :drool:
Strange World :drool: :light:
Charlotte the Harlot :rocker::drool:

Fucking Australia

TonyD
03-09-2010, 06:39 PM
From what I've seen on youtube, he doesn't even bother singing anything remotely difficult in the Maiden songs, and he doesn't really sound like he did way back otherwise.
And the local Maiden cover band plays way better than his does.

davidis138
03-09-2010, 06:46 PM
From what I've seen on youtube, he doesn't even bother singing anything remotely difficult in the Maiden songs, and he doesn't really sound like he did way back otherwise.

He doesn't. It's more of a nostalgia kinda thing. Plus there's never anything wrong with old school Maiden songs.

Maiden33
03-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Blaze is the Messiah!

rjturtle9
03-09-2010, 07:26 PM
This guy is a douche. He bashes Maiden at his shows, yet lives his life out of whatever he can get out of the songs that he didn't even write. Then call Harris out in interveiws. I'm glad i didn't go to his show here. I will refuse to support him.

ravenheart
03-10-2010, 12:57 AM
He does this strange kind of growl these days because he can't sing anymore.

On the post-Maiden albums front, of actual new original material he's done two albums with Killers, three with Battlezone and two solo. That's it. Seven albums in 28 years, and some of those even contain Maiden re-recordings or live versions of Maiden songs as bonus tracks.

And he plays roughly three songs from any of them. Ever. When he toured 'The Living Dead', which was a re-release of 'Nomad' anyway, he didn't play any songs from it. The most irritating thing is, most of them are actually decent. The Killers and Battlezone albums are good albums.

The rest is re-releases, compilations, live albums and re-recordings. He spends his entire time cashing in on his time in Maiden. I find it unbelievable that he had to postpone his UK tour until 2011 because he's literally fully booked for 2010. Why are all these places still paying him to play?

Citatet
03-10-2010, 02:50 AM
This is actually kinda funny and I would kinda like to see that show myself.

About 8-9 years ago Paul DiÁnno played in my hometown for about 50-60 people. After just two songs he grabbed the mic and said for no reason whatsoever.

- Britney Spears is good for one thing. Sucking my cock.

Truly bizzare moment. But the most bizzare of all was that a friend got me to be part on an interview with Paul a few hours before the show. The guy was really clear stating that the guys in "Iron Maiden should be really grateful that he didn´t sue them" Because the songs on the first two albums were his songs and not theirs. But all in all he was a very nice guy, maybe just a tiny bit disillusioned.

Sanitarium78
03-10-2010, 10:54 AM
What I don't understand is why anyone would have any interest in seeing this guy at all? His voice wasn't even that good when he was in Maiden. Also, someone needs to tell him that is was the band who played on the first two Maiden albums that made the songs good not his crappy vocals.

If anyone should be thinking about suing someone at all it sure as hell shouldn't be Di'anno against Maiden. Harris should sue his ass for playing all the songs he wrote. But Steve wouldn't get nothing out of it anyway so there's no point to it. I'm sure he gets a good laugh out of Di'anno's actions anyways.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-13-2010, 12:18 PM
I had tickets for DiAnno on the 28th of Feb., but then he canceled hours before the show. :(

IrritatedTrout
03-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Remember Tomorrow :drool:
Strange World :drool: :light:
Charlotte the Harlot :rocker::drool:

Fucking Australia

Would be really cool to hear those three.

davidis138
03-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Would be really cool to hear those three.

Way cool even if they're half assed. It's like well how often does Maiden play em? Better than nothin.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-14-2010, 10:21 AM
^^^
Damn, Killfest 2010 on 4/20? your a lucky man. I don't think I've ever had a good show to come to my area on that date. haha

davidis138
03-14-2010, 01:17 PM
^^^
Damn, Killfest 2010 on 4/20? your a lucky man. I don't think I've ever had a good show to come to my area on that date. haha

:lol: yeah pretty luck I guess. The House of Blues is gonna be a humongous hotbox :lol:

Uncle_Meat1940
03-14-2010, 01:22 PM
HAHAHA I bet.

The closest thing I have to that is that Cannibal Corpse is playing the same day a NORML march in Minneapolis is going on. Haha

rjturtle9
03-14-2010, 02:04 PM
:lol: yeah pretty luck I guess. The House of Blues is gonna be a humongous hotbox :lol:

The real hotbox is going to be taking place down the street at The Palladium that night.

idrinkwine732
03-14-2010, 02:11 PM

The real hotbox is going to be taking place down the street at The Palladium that night.

I've got you both beat, Cypress Hill on 4/20 every year. I don't even have to smoke to get high.

rjturtle9
03-14-2010, 02:19 PM
I've got you both beat, Cypress Hill on 4/20 every year. I don't even have to smoke to get high.

haha so true. The smoke out festival was one of the most fun shows I have ever gone to... from what i remember :D

idrinkwine732
03-14-2010, 03:41 PM
I still consider it the largest hot box I've been in. Seeing them indoors is a must. I nearly went down to Smokeout, and I've heard it was amazing.

rjturtle9
03-14-2010, 05:20 PM
I still consider it the largest hot box I've been in. Seeing them indoors is a must. I nearly went down to Smokeout, and I've heard it was amazing.

It had it's ups and downs. From what I saw it was a great show.

davidis138
03-15-2010, 02:51 AM

shit :lol: here i am buying pot I can just buy a ticket to that :bouville: :lol:
I wasn't even sure if cypress was still touring or what

davidis138
03-15-2010, 02:51 AM

What's going down at the palladium that night?

rjturtle9
03-15-2010, 08:57 AM
What's going down at the palladium that night?

Sublime.

they're playing on 4/21 also. Ima hit up that one cause i still wanna see Overkill ;)

Uncle_Meat1940
03-15-2010, 01:08 PM
How?

rjturtle9
03-15-2010, 05:30 PM
How?

By going to one on one day, and the other the next.

davidis138
03-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Sublime.

they're playing on 4/21 also. Ima hit up that one cause i still wanna see Overkill ;)

:light: light up :stoned:

rjturtle9
03-15-2010, 06:53 PM
:light: light up :stoned:

Too bad i don't smoke weed that often :hmm:

Uncle_Meat1940
03-16-2010, 11:07 AM
By going to one on one day, and the other the next.

I meant how the fuck is Sublime playing a show.

rjturtle9
03-16-2010, 09:48 PM
I meant how the fuck is Sublime playing a show.

the new singer...

Uncle_Meat1940
03-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Hm. Makes sense, but that's just like the shit Queen did, which didn't work, trust me I went. haha I didn't hear that they got a new singer. They must be needing some cash.

rjturtle9
03-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Hm. Makes sense, but that's just like the shit Queen did, which didn't work, trust me I went. haha I didn't hear that they got a new singer. They must be needing some cash.

Who cares, they sounded great at smoke out. maybe not about the money, just fro the fans...