PDA

View Full Version : Nergal might go to prison

Wizzbang11
03-09-2010, 05:43 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/03/09/behemoths-nergal-faces-up-to-two-years-in-prison-for-destruction-of-a-bible/
Fuckin Poland. We should just nuke them, that would solve everything.

Bloodcurse
03-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Ripping up a bible is like ripping up a copy of Lord of the Rings.

daimonos
03-09-2010, 05:52 PM
if he goes to jail I will be extremely pissed off, and will probably break him out and keep him hidden in my basement. Then there the band will write and record a new album and Inferno will give me private drum lessons.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

DethMaiden
03-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Ripping up a bible is like ripping up a copy of Lord of the Rings.

Not sure if that analogy works, because I would be pissed off if I saw someone ripping LOTR. ;)

idrinkwine732
03-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Not sure if that analogy works, because I would be pissed off if I saw someone ripping LOTR. ;)

I had a similar reaction to that statement.

Indestructible
03-09-2010, 06:06 PM
I dont like behemoth but that is bullshit. If you have the right to be relgious and express it in your own way to people shouldnt nergal have the right to be anti religous and have the right to express it in his own way to people.

MPF
03-09-2010, 06:13 PM
That's completely fucked up.

I mean, fuck, I'm a lutheran, and I'm 100% of Nergal's side on this. If he gets handed a copy at a show, or he buys a bible, let him do whatever the fuck he wants with it.

Devin Townsend said it best recently

God, big fan, but not of the fanclub.

daimonos
03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Devin Townsend said it best recently

God, big fan, but not of the fanclub.

That's awesome. Devin's hilarious.

Butcher of Birth
03-09-2010, 07:07 PM
I would dig my boot so far up someone's ass if I saw them tarnishing the Lord of The Rings... That's like someone cutting my hair off behind my back... I'd flip my shit...

SomewhereInTime72
03-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Poland is what Europeans think America is.

Crionics
03-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Wasn't this bible tearing 2 years ago or so? Poland is still butthurt about it?

JuuKun
03-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Wasn't this bible tearing 2 years ago or so? Poland is still butthurt about it?

Yeah. I remember a fuss was also made about trying to ban Behemoth from playing in Poland. This is so stupid.

Crionics
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Yeah. I remember a fuss was also made about trying to ban Behemoth from playing in Poland. This is so stupid.

From what one of my friends told me, they actually did get banned from Poland, which is just ridiculous, this whole thing should just be dropped

ChildrenofSodom
03-10-2010, 12:48 PM
The Pope is allowed to take his seat despite his past history as a Nazi Youth, and his brother apparently let child molestation take place, but Nergal can't rip up a book?

ADD
03-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Polish politics like everywhere sucks, but the country itself is rad, so don't hate.

Natrlhi
03-11-2010, 07:10 AM
The Pope is allowed to take his seat despite his past history as a Nazi Youth, and his brother apparently let child molestation take place, but Nergal can't rip up a book?

I was wondering when you'd get to this party. Rigoddamndiculous, ain't it?

Regarding the idea of a bunch of zealots trying to get a man in trouble for expressing himself...looks like the ol' U.S. of A. isn't the only place where folks just can't stop taking things more and more seriously every day, to the point where even looking at them funny is an affront to their waning self-esteem, and apparently, sufficient grounds for lawsuits and / or criminal proceedings.

TL/DR: There are fucking wingnuts everywhere nowadays. :bouville:

ChildrenofSodom
03-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I just watched an interview with Nergal. Such a cool, down to earth guy. Maybe i am just enchanted by Europeans, but he seems like a nice guy.

Natrlhi
03-12-2010, 02:30 PM
I just watched an interview with Nergal. Such a cool, down to earth guy. Maybe i am just enchanted by Europeans, but he seems like a nice guy.It's not just you. I've seen interviews with him in the past as well, and I had the exact same impression. He seems like a very level-headed individual, with a decent brain in between his ears.

ChildrenofSodom
03-12-2010, 02:36 PM
It's not just you. I've seen interviews with him in the past as well, and I had the exact same impression. He seems like a very level-headed individual, with a decent brain in between his ears.

The guy asked him what he likes to do off stage. "Read a good book. See a movie. Hang out with friends. A beer or two. Play sports." :lol:

rjturtle9
03-12-2010, 04:07 PM
The guy asked him what he likes to do off stage. "Read a good book. See a movie. Hang out with friends. A beer or two. Play sports." :lol:

That's soooo black metal :rocker: