PDA

View Full Version : This is PROBABLY fake, but...

mankvill
03-05-2010, 12:57 AM
http://www.last.fm/event/1441939+Dying+Fetus+at+U.B.'S+on+14+May+2010

Dying Fetus
Arsis
Annotations Of An Autopsy
Misery Index

U.B.'s bar in Mesa, AZ on May 14th

Reasons it could be real: It works with all the band's touring schedule, and they are all playing the California Metalfest on May 15th.

Reasons it might be fake: Misery Index has the ex-bassist from Dying Fetus. I dunno if there'd be any bad blood between them, but you don't see that too much in terms of touring.

Or maybe it could be a one-off show. Who knows?

AnataFan4Life
03-05-2010, 07:46 AM
All of those bands except Annotations of an Autopsy need to be at Summer Slaughter goddammit

mastodon421
03-05-2010, 09:45 AM
All of those bands except Annotations of an Autopsy need to be at Summer Slaughter goddammit

Have you heard Annotations new album? Its actually pretty good. I couldn't stand them untill this album though.

AnataFan4Life
03-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Have you heard Annotations new album? Its actually pretty good. I couldn't stand them untill this album though.

Haven't heard it yet. Did they pull a JFAC and switched to Death Metal?

mastodon421
03-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Haven't heard it yet. Did they pull a JFAC and switched to Death Metal?

Yes they did no pig-squealing trash on this album.

bt11763
03-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Yes they did no pig-squealing trash on this album.

i might check it out then.

Natrlhi
03-05-2010, 10:30 AM
All of those bands except Annotations of an Autopsy need to be at Summer Slaughter goddammit:agree: Sho nuf (especially Arsis).

Haven't heard it yet. Did they pull a JFAC and switched to Death Metal?The JFAC fans who wanted the rest of us to give JFAC another chance claimed that they had switched to death metal, but when we listened, it turned out to be mostly a big ol' fat lie. :mad:

mastodon421
03-05-2010, 12:22 PM
I gotta disagree on JFAC Nat. Yeah there is defintley traces of their core days still in Ruination but overall its pretty much straight death metal. I really didn't even like JFAC that much till Ruination came out I thought it was a great record.

DethMaiden
03-05-2010, 12:41 PM
The problem isn't whether it's core or not though. It's whether it's good or not, which it isn't. I love death metal, but I'll admit it's the genre with the biggest potential for bland, uninteresting music. There's even bands who are considered classic members of the genre who just make straight, boring death metal that evokes a reaction of "Yep, this is what death metal sounds like" (Suffocation and Immolation come to mind.)

JFAC may be death metal now, but they still suck.

ADD
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
There's even bands who are considered classic members of the genre who just make straight, boring death metal that evokes a reaction of "Yep, this is what death metal sounds like" (Suffocation and Immolation come to mind.)

Effigy of the Forgotten and Onward to Golgotha are not the death mehtal. Re-evaluate your opinions once you've familiarized yourself with those records :cool:

bt11763
03-05-2010, 12:45 PM
I gotta disagree on JFAC Nat. Yeah there is defintley traces of their core days still in Ruination but overall its pretty much straight death metal. I really didn't even like JFAC that much till Ruination came out I thought it was a great record.

:agree:

mastodon421
03-05-2010, 12:54 PM
The problem isn't whether it's core or not though. It's whether it's good or not, which it isn't. I love death metal, but I'll admit it's the genre with the biggest potential for bland, uninteresting music. There's even bands who are considered classic members of the genre who just make straight, boring death metal that evokes a reaction of "Yep, this is what death metal sounds like" (Suffocation and Immolation come to mind.)

JFAC may be death metal now, but they still suck.

That's cool man Personally I liked what JFAC did with their sound. Did they break down all these death metal barriers? No they did not but they made what I thought to be a great record.

mankvill
03-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Effigy of the Forgotten and Onward to Golgotha are not the death mehtal. Re-evaluate your opinions once you've familiarized yourself with those records :cool:

:lovedup:

Wizzbang11
03-07-2010, 10:19 AM

That's an Incantation album brah, and it's better than anything Immolation has done :)
You are correct, Suffocation is far from boring.

Crionics
03-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I personally love Immolation's Close To A World Below

Natrlhi
03-07-2010, 03:21 PM
So I was checking around to see if there were any more facts out there to support the rumor that spawned this thread, and I ended up on the MySpace page of Annotations of an Autopsy. Just because I'm a bit of a masochist, I clicked the "play" button on their player, and an interesting thing happened:

I was not immediately repulsed.

Weird?

EDIT: They seem to be much closer to The Red Chord than Emmure or Pose fUNOral, so maybe that explains it... :eyes:

mankvill
03-07-2010, 05:04 PM
I personally love Immolation's Close To A World Below

I love all the Immolation albums I've heard.