PDA

View Full Version : Possible Summer Slaughter 2010 lineup leak

Pages : [1] 2

AnataFan4Life
03-04-2010, 09:33 PM
http://damnationmag.wordpress.com/

Eh, last years was better. Hopefully they'll announce a few more awesome bands.

mankvill
03-04-2010, 09:35 PM
exact link: http://damnationmag.wordpress.com/2010/02/26/straight-from-the-horses-mouth-2/

Decapitated
The Faceless
Decrepit Birth
Oceano
Veil of Maya
Unearth
Animals as Leaders
Carnifex (maybe)
The Red Chord
All Shall Perish

and still more to be added.

Dates and announcements will be coming forth in the next few months!

That is fucking terrible, lmao.

AnataFan4Life
03-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Hopefully not all if that is true. Mayhem festival already disappointed me, I hope Summer Slaughter doesn't do the same =/.

I mean, how do you go from Suffocation and Dying Fetus to fucking Oceano and Carnifex?! :barf:

They said more bands are to be announced. I'll just have to hope those bands will make up for some of the fail, and maybe that Carnifex rumor will be false.

xStructualDefect
03-04-2010, 09:46 PM
jesus fkn christ, way too much core. might as well call it Thrash N Burn tour again. i like myself some core but this is gonna bring in too many douchebags. but i would love to see All Shall Perish, Decrepit Birth, and Unearth. Decapitated and The Faceless should be cool.

MPF
03-04-2010, 09:46 PM
eh, 5 good bands anywyas.

AnataFan4Life
03-04-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm seriously hoping they announce someone like Fleshgod Apocalypse or Gorod to rescue the festival :tongue:

TonyD
03-04-2010, 10:48 PM
lolceano

JuuKun
03-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Yeah, that lineup is awful, but if it's real, I'll just show up super later to see Decapitated.

ChildrenofSodom
03-05-2010, 03:36 AM
Damn...Animals As Leaders are getting around. First tour with BTBAM, then with Dillinger and Darkest Hour, and now this.

Jochen
03-05-2010, 03:54 AM
Wow, so bad.

ravenheart
03-05-2010, 04:47 AM
Decapitated, The Red Chord and The Faceless would go down very well in Europe, but the rest... minor players at best!

And please, Music Industry, try to understand that no one cares about Unearth. Seriously. No one.

moobys37
03-05-2010, 05:20 AM
No way Unearth is on this. I thought they were done touring for awhile and I can't see Decapitated opening for them.

bt11763
03-05-2010, 07:11 AM
I care about Unearth :finger:

And Decapitated would most likely headline, in my opinion.

mastodon421
03-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Unearth is taking a break from touring after the Atticus Metal Tour so they are defintley not on it with the exception of Carnifex and Oceano the rest of those bands are good.

AnataFan4Life
03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I guess I gotta wonder if I really want to sit through Oceano and Carnifex to get to Decapitated and Decrepit Birth :tongue:

Natrlhi
03-05-2010, 10:27 AM
And please, Music Industry, try to understand that no one cares about Unearth. Seriously. No one.Wrong. I like Unearth, and I know several folks who do as well. There are very few core bands worth their salt, but Unearth is definitely one of them, in my opinion.

Crionics
03-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Meh

mastodon421
03-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Wrong. I like Unearth, and I know several folks who do as well. There are very few core bands worth their salt, but Unearth is definitely one of them, in my opinion.

+1 Unearth is great.

MunicipalWasted
03-05-2010, 01:10 PM
exact link: http://damnationmag.wordpress.com/2010/02/26/straight-from-the-horses-mouth-2/

Decapitated
The Faceless
Decrepit Birth
Oceano
Veil of Maya
Unearth
Animals as Leaders
Carnifex (maybe)
The Red Chord
All Shall Perish
Pelican

Those bands are good...I'd go in a heartbeat :party:

MPF
03-05-2010, 04:16 PM
And please, Music Industry, try to understand that no one cares about Unearth. Seriously. No one.

Not even close to true.

I met Unearth when they opened for Testament. They are one of the coolest, humble bands I've ever met, especially Ken Susi.

The Oncoming Storm is still one of the greatest Metalcore albums ever made!

TonyD
03-05-2010, 09:33 PM
I met Unearth when they opened for Testament. They are one of the coolest, humble bands I've ever met, especially Ken Susi.

I've heard otherwise

MPF
03-05-2010, 10:04 PM
I've heard otherwise

I can detest to it.

After Testament was done, I seen Ken Susi and he was looking really down. So I went over to him and told him he did a hell of a job that night,(which all of Unearth did). He said to me "Thanks man. You know you're the first guy to say that tonight?" That made me feel shitty, because I've played plenty of those gigs where no one seems to give a fuck about how you played. It doesn't matter if you're the first band of the night, or the headlining band, when that happens it really fucking sucks.

So I hung out with him about 15-20 minutes just talking music and bands and shooting the shit with him. It really seemed to cheer him up a lot. Really I try doing that with any musician I go see. I'm a drummer, I know what it's like to get no attention after a show, and I know what it's like to get the annoying fanboys. I always try to be the guy who shows that I'm a musician as well so I love talking to other musicians just showing my appreciation by hanging out with them if they don't seem annoyed and just talk about music.

I always feel for the underdog at a show. I mean I love Testament. I was able to get Eric Peterson's guitar pic and setlist, and Chuck Billy's "CHUCK'S PICK" pic that night, but hanging out with Unearth when they clearly weren't like just because they aren't Thrash really made me want to show that they are a great band, no matter who they are playing with.

I totally get why a lot of people don't like their stuff, but if it wasn't for Unearth's The Oncoming Storm, I probably wouldn't be into any kind of Metal today.

Natrlhi
03-05-2010, 10:17 PM
they are a great band, no matter who they are playing withHerein lies the problem for Unearth. They have to have the shittiest track record of all time as far as playing with bands that suck donkey balls and draw negative attention to them. I've said "fuck it" no less than three times in the last year or two to seeing them live, because they played alongside bands I had no interest in seeing whatsoever. I honestly think that the company they keep are holding them back. I know it may not be the band's decision who they are placed on tour with, but somebody has got to get these guys on a decent tour with bands of similar style and ability. Much of the metal world is missing out on something surprisingly good because of this issue, IMO.

mankvill
03-05-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm not gonna say that I love Unearth's studio stuff (I haven't really listened) but I dropped my wall when I saw them last time, and I had a fucking blast. They are just fun, and really not that bad.

Live, at least.

MPF
03-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Herein lies the problem for Unearth. They have to have the shittiest track record of all time as far as playing with bands that suck donkey balls and draw negative attention to them. I've said "fuck it" no less than three times in the last year or two to seeing them live, because they played alongside bands I had no interest in seeing whatsoever. I honestly think that the company they keep are holding them back. I know it may not be the band's decision who they are placed on tour with, but somebody has got to get these guys on a decent tour with bands of similar style and ability. Much of the metal world is missing out on something surprisingly good because of this issue, IMO.

I will agree with that. I really wanted to see Unearth live again after seeing them with Testament, but I never made the effort because of the other bands they are playing with (Just look at this current tour they are on now for example...atrocious) but that doesn't make the band any less good.

That is really what I'm afraid of if my my Metal band ever gets the chance to go on tour, as much I don't want to be stuck with some shitty bands but I turn down the offer to go tour if it means that my band can get some exposure. I'm sure Unearth feels the same way.

As long as I don't turn out like the Assclowns from Rose fUNOeral I think I'll be ok.

JuuKun
03-06-2010, 05:07 AM
I can detest to it.

Wrong word man. Way wrong word.

MPF
03-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Wrong word man. Way wrong word.

Yeah I just realized that now. I was thinking of a another word. GUess that happens when you're up late.

jhdeity
03-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Herein lies the problem for Unearth. They have to have the shittiest track record of all time as far as playing with bands that suck donkey balls and draw negative attention to them. I've said "fuck it" no less than three times in the last year or two to seeing them live, because they played alongside bands I had no interest in seeing whatsoever. I honestly think that the company they keep are holding them back. I know it may not be the band's decision who they are placed on tour with, but somebody has got to get these guys on a decent tour with bands of similar style and ability. Much of the metal world is missing out on something surprisingly good because of this issue, IMO.

Not only that but they always ignore their best album (in my eyes) III In the Eyes of Fire in their setlists. I like The Oncoming Storm but they choose to play 3 or 4 songs from that cd every show and 1 maybe 2 from III. I'll never get that. If it wasn't for Giles I may have never gotten into them when I did. When I 1st heard This Glorious Nightmare I loved it too. Last time I saw them they played 5 off the new cd, 1 off III and 4 off Oncoming Storm. Why?

mastodon421
03-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Personally I think The March is the best Unearth album. Should they throw in some older stuff in their live sets yes they should. Overall I think all of Unearth's material is quite strong and they haven't released a bad record yet.

AnataFan4Life
03-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Is anyone up for a game of Battleship during Carnifex's set? Or how about some Mario Kart DS for Oceano?

:lol:

Fires Of Sedition
03-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Is anyone up for a game of Battleship during Carnifex's set? Or how about some Mario Kart DS for Oceano?

:lol: ME

Natrlhi
03-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Not only that but they always ignore their best album (in my eyes) III In the Eyes of Fire in their setlists. I like The Oncoming Storm but they choose to play 3 or 4 songs from that cd every show and 1 maybe 2 from III. I'll never get that. If it wasn't for Giles I may have never gotten into them when I did. When I 1st heard This Glorious Nightmare I loved it too. Last time I saw them they played 5 off the new cd, 1 off III and 4 off Oncoming Storm. Why?
:agree: I agree with every word of this.

MPF
03-07-2010, 12:46 PM

From what I understand, Unearth is not every happy with the album. There are a few songs they do like, Giles, Sanctity Of Brothers, etc. but the rest of the album they are not happy with.

wurdulak34
03-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah, saw Decrepit Birth last year (didn't tickle my nads), and saw Unearth about three years ago w/ Dimmu Borgir and Kataklysm, they weren't great either. Unless the remaining bands are out of this realm, then the tour will be minus myself this year.

wurdulak34
03-08-2010, 10:31 AM
please, Music Industry, try to understand that no one cares about Unearth. Seriously. No one.

This is the truest thing I've ever seen. Ever. Thank you.

Natrlhi
03-08-2010, 10:57 AM
This is the truest thing I've ever seen. Ever. Thank you.What might be even dumber than claiming you speak for all of humanity and that no one in the entire universe is interested in a particular thing, is reading that someone else said it first, reading several other people's responses who proved it obviously false (because they themselves ARE interested, whether you agree or not is irrelevant), and then stating for all to see that it is "the truest thing you've ever seen. Ever." :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Person #1: No one in the entire world likes broccoli. No one. Not one person. (Because I don't like it.)

Person #2: I like broccoli.

Person #3: Me too.

Person #4: Me three!

Person #5: I'm not really crazy about it, but I'll eat it.

Total Dumbass: No one in the entire world likes broccoli. Person #1 was right.

See how that works?

CannibalCFHobZen
03-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Decapitated's return will be sick, the Faceless have become a huge part of the death tech scene, Animals As Leaders are fucking unreal and deserve all the touring and credit they are getting, other then that.... hopefully they can add one or two more "bigger" death metal icon of bands

idrinkwine732
03-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd probably show up a bit late.

AnataFan4Life
03-08-2010, 05:23 PM
I wish they would hurry up and announce the line-up, so we can confirm whether all of this is true or not.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-13-2010, 01:36 PM
2 Good bands? what the fuck?

And I know I'll still go for decapitated since I haven't seen them before. But still, far too much fagcore...

AnataFan4Life
03-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Well its March 15th and we still haven't heard anything from the Summer Slaughter guys. Is there something wrong possibly?

Uncle_Meat1940
03-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Hopefully everybody but Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, and Animals as Leaders dropped off the tour, or better yet killed themselves, and they're looking for bands that play real music. *crosses fingers*

AnataFan4Life
03-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Even if that lineup is true, it's still better than the 2008 European leg of Summer Slaughter. If I lived in Europe I would have been pissed.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Shit man, the '09 Eu line up was pretty terrible as well. But they get everything else that's good so I really don't feel sorry for them.

mankvill
03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
References:

2007:

Necrophagist
Decapitated
Cephalic Carnage
Cattle Decapitation
The Faceless
As Blood Runs Black
Arsis
Ion Dissonance
Beneath The Massacre
Daath (June 3-10)

2008:

The Black Dahlia Murder
Kataklysm
Vader
Cryptopsy
The Faceless
Despised Icon
Aborted
Born of Osiris
Psycroptic
Whitechapel

2008 (Canada):

Necrophagist
Brutal Truth (Toronto only)
Dying Fetus
Beneath The Massacre
Into Eternity
Neuraxis
Whitechapel
Veil of Maya

2008 (Europe):

Suicide Silence
As Blood Runs Black
Abigail Williams
Born of Osiris
Annotations Of An Autopsy
The Berzerker

2009:

Necrophagist
Suffocation
Ensiferum
Darkest Hour
Winds Of Plague
Dying Fetus
Born Of Osiris
Origin
Beneath The Massacre
After the Burial
Decrepit Birth
Blackguard
Behemoth (3 dates only 7/05-7/07)

The rumored 2010 line-up is laughably lame.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-16-2010, 11:00 AM
I agree

On a random side note, Origin was far to low on that bill in 2010. They put on the best show out of all the bands by far at 1st Ave in MN.

AnataFan4Life
03-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Suffocation stole the show when I went to summer slaughter last year. I was mainly there for them, Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, and Origin. Decrepit Birth would be on that list but they didn't play our date. All of the bands kicked ass though :rocker:

BTW, when did they announce the lineup the past 3 years?

mankvill
03-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Suffocation stole the show when I went to summer slaughter last year. I was mainly there for them, Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, and Origin. Decrepit Birth would be on that list but they didn't play our date. All of the bands kicked ass though :rocker:

BTW, when did they announce the lineup the past 3 years?

Early April, I think.

AnataFan4Life
03-17-2010, 02:33 PM
I'd love it if Revocation played at Summer Slaughter :rocker:

idrinkwine732
03-17-2010, 03:49 PM

I'd be there.

AnataFan4Life
03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that Brain Drill might be there. They have a new album coming out in May and I haven't heard any other tour plans, plus they seem like they would fit in there.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-17-2010, 08:36 PM

I get to see Revocation with Cattle Decapitation and Enfold Darkness on May 8th. :)

AnataFan4Life
03-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Just looked at their tour dates. They are completely skipping over the east coast. Thanks guys :bouville:

Uncle_Meat1940
03-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Shitty man, it happens from time to time. There are certain bands who never come to MN. : /

AnataFan4Life
03-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Maybe they will surprise me and end up on Summer Slaughter. I see no June or July dates yet, so I can hope :D

Uncle_Meat1940
03-17-2010, 09:14 PM
At least that would make it 4.5 good bands (on the fence about The Faceless)

AnataFan4Life
03-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Well hopefully not all of that lineup is true. I'd probably be fine if they just got rid of Oceano and Carnifex.

That same website also claims that Obscura will try to get on Summer Slaughter next year.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Agreed. Those are the two bands that are getting to me the most. That's even worse than have Born of Osiris on for 2 fucking years

AnataFan4Life
03-18-2010, 04:56 AM
I just don't see how Unearth, Veil of Maya, AND Carnifex could be on this, seeing as how all 3 of those bands are touring on the Atticus Metal Tour. Maybe 1 or 2 of them, but not all 3. Plus I swore Unearth said that they were done touring this year after the Atticus Metal Tour.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-21-2010, 08:02 AM
They are, trust me, I've ripped up at least one of those fliers every time I've gone to a show recently. *shudders*

Since were on the note of SS, WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE DVDS FROM 08 AND 09? I want 08 more cause that had a better line up IMO.

AnataFan4Life
03-21-2010, 08:27 AM
I wish I could have gone to Summer Slaughter in 07 and 08. Did you go to either one?

bt11763
03-21-2010, 08:50 AM
I went to 08 and it was awesome, but the crowd was awful. I'm pissed about the DVD too, they announced it for 08 and never followed up, but they never said a thing about last year, so I'm not as pissed about that one :tp:

AnataFan4Life
03-21-2010, 08:54 AM
How were all the bands?

Uncle_Meat1940
03-21-2010, 09:01 AM
I wish I could have gone to Summer Slaughter in 07 and 08. Did you go to either one?

'07 didn't come to MN unfortunately, which sucks cause I've never seen Decapitated or Cephalic Carnage. I'm actually watching the DVD right now. haha But I did go to '08 and that was pretty fuckin sick, although this dumbass I went with made me and my buddy leave before Black Dahlia. But out of all the bands there were only three I didn't like, WhiteChapel, Born of Osiris, and Despised Icon.

'09 Had its moments too, but not as many (especially since Suffocation dropped off 3 days before the MN date). That year I only liked 6 out of 11 bands and it was almost 5 cause Necrophagist almost didn't make it, They had bus trouble and literally arrived like 10 mins after they were supposed to go on. I actually ended up sitting outside for Three hours straight at one point. But It gave me a chance to talk to the bands I liked so it wasn't all bad.

There seems to be a pattern here, It just gets worse and worse every year.

I went to 08 and it was awesome, but the crowd was awful. I'm pissed about the DVD too, they announced it for 08 and never followed up, but they never said a thing about last year, so I'm not as pissed about that one :tp:

Ya, I'm more pissed about '08 as well. I really don't care about '09 as much but you figure they would do it for every year, I mean, it is money.

Which leads me to my theory of why more and more core bands get on the bill every year, because they bring all the little Scene who spend all of mommy and daddies money.

AnataFan4Life
03-21-2010, 09:09 AM
How was Cryptopsy? :tongue:

And please tell me that Aborted played The Saw and the Carnage Done :rocker:

bt11763
03-21-2010, 09:17 AM
How was Cryptopsy? :tongue:

And please tell me that Aborted played The Saw and the Carnage Done :rocker:

Aborted was fucking AWESOME. I'm still waiting for them to come back :( lol

And Cryptopsy wasn't THAT bad... the band was spot fucking on but the vocalist... ugh. He's not good. At all... And he looks like that ugly metal kid we all had to be around in high school :lol:

this dumbass I went with made me and my buddy leave before Black Dahlia.
Thaaaat fucking sucks dude.

Ya, I'm more pissed about '08 as well. I really don't care about '09 as much but you figure they would do it for every year, I mean, it is money.

Which leads me to my theory of why more and more core bands get on the bill every year, because they bring all the little Scene who spend all of mommy and daddies money.
And you're right about that, who knows what they're doing :confused:

AnataFan4Life
03-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Do Aborted or Cryptopsy have summer plans? I'd probably wet myself if they were there this year, even if Cryptopsy has Matt McFaggy

AnataFan4Life
03-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Well I talked to someone on Facebook, and he said that he talked to the guys from Veil of Maya, and he said they confirmed that they will be at Summer Slaughter.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Weak..

AnataFan4Life
03-23-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm starting to think that rumored lineup might actually be true

Uncle_Meat1940
03-23-2010, 12:22 PM
*cries*

mastodon421
03-23-2010, 12:31 PM
I really dont think this lineup is that bad. I mean yeah sure Carnifex and Oceano aren't good but there are still a lot of solid bands on the bill.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-23-2010, 12:54 PM
As of right now, I see 3.5; Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Animals as Leaders, and I can dig some of The Faceless. 3.5/10 bands being good would qualify as a bad line up in my eyes.

And I was thinking that reputable Death Metal bands were weaning off the FagCore and more so going with the New Thrash groups as openers. *sigh* Too good to be true I guess.

mastodon421
03-23-2010, 01:29 PM
The only bands i dont like on the bill are Oceano,Carnifex and Decrepit Birth. The Red Chord and The Facless are both amazing. I know I am in the minority but I actually like All Shall Perish and Veil Of Maya.

xStructualDefect
03-23-2010, 01:49 PM
i'm with you i'm stoked for All Shall Perish. Veil of Maya is good too from what i've heard. Decrepit Birth and The Faceless should be good too.

AnataFan4Life
03-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Carnifex and Oceano are my main bugaboos with that rumored lineup. Here's a list of bands that are leagues better and would fit in at Summer Slaughter and haven't been there yet:

Obscura
Augury
Gorod
Anata
Nile
Brain Drill
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Carcass
Martyr
God Dethroned
Hour of Penance
Illogicist
Impaled
Spawn of Possession
Immolation
Divine Heresy
Job For A Cowboy (yeah, I know, but I think its only a matter of time before they're on it)
etc.

Personally i'm just excited to see whether that lineup is completely true or not.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-23-2010, 02:42 PM
^^
Yes to everything but JFAC

I don't know if I'll be able to justify going if that lineup is true... There are so many shows that I'm trying to make that have all around good line ups this summer that I just don't know if it will happen.

AnataFan4Life
03-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Then again, it isn't that hard to be better than Oceano and Carnifex. :tongue:

idrinkwine732
03-23-2010, 02:53 PM
I'd go see Decapitated and be really sad I had to sit through the other bands.

AnataFan4Life
03-23-2010, 02:57 PM
I'll probably end up going cause my best friend loves deathcore, plus this could be my only chance to see Decapitated. I hope they have alot of material from Winds of Creation on their setlist, but that's probably wishful thinking =/

Uncle_Meat1940
03-23-2010, 04:56 PM
I'll probably end up going cause my best friend loves deathcore

How do you cope with that??? I had an aquaintance who was in to that shit and every time he played that shit it pissed me off to the point of where one day I broke a couple of his C.D.'s in front of him, told that she shit he listens to is just about as metal as The Village People and left his house never to talk to him again. haha

xStructualDefect
03-23-2010, 04:59 PM
How do you cope with that??? I had an aquaintance who was in to that shit and every time he played that shit it pissed me off to the point of where one day I broke a couple of his C.D.'s in front of him, told that she shit he listens to is just about as metal as The Village People and left his house never to talk to him again. haha

everyone has different tastes. a person's music taste shouldn't decide if they should be your friends or not. out of all my friends i only have a few friends into metal.

mankvill
03-23-2010, 05:08 PM
everyone has different tastes. a person's music taste shouldn't decide if they should be your friends or not. out of all my friends i only have a few friends into metal.

YOU WRONG!

Uncle_Meat1940
03-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Ya dude, I agree with Mankvill, music is my only hobby, be it playing, writing, listening, whatever. So if you have no common ground with me when it comes to music, I can't be your friend. I mean, what the fuck would we do or talk about??

xStructualDefect
03-23-2010, 05:14 PM
ahh i see well everyone is different. i love metal but it's definently not my life. i personally wouldn't like it if all my friends were metalheads. i like having a variety.

mankvill
03-23-2010, 05:16 PM
ahh i see well everyone is different. i love metal but it's definently not my life. i personally wouldn't like it if all my friends were metalheads. i like having a variety.

Not me.

I have "Wimps And Posers Leave The Hall" tattooed on my chest.

idrinkwine732
03-23-2010, 05:17 PM
I love having friends into metal, but it certainly isn't a dealbreaker if they aren't...

JuuKun
03-23-2010, 05:18 PM
I agree with xStructuralDefect. Very few of my friends are actually into metal. I have a lot more hobbies than just music, though, so that might have something to do with it.

As for that lineup (if it's true): I really want to see Decapitated again. It'd be cool to see The Red Chord again, I like them alot live. Seeing Unearth, The Faceless, and Decrepit Birth wouldn't be awful. Cannot stand any of the others.

GORGUTS FOR HEADLINER!
Make it happen!

mankvill
03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I agree with xStructuralDefect. Very few of my friends are actually into metal. I have a lot more hobbies than just music, though, so that might have something to do with it.

As for that lineup (if it's true): I really want to see Decapitated again. It'd be cool to see The Red Chord again, I like them alot live. Seeing Unearth, The Faceless, and Decrepit Birth wouldn't be awful. Cannot stand any of the others.

GORGUTS FOR HEADLINER!
Make it happen!

Gorguts
Demilich
Abscess

etc.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-23-2010, 05:27 PM

Metal isn't my life either. Music is, I listen to almost everything, and when I say that I mean it. There are only 2 maybe 3 metal bands in my top 10 favorite bands. I didn't say my friends had to be into metal, they just have to have a someone decent taste in music.

AnataFan4Life
03-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Do the Red Chord have a lot of hardcore dancing douchebags during their set? I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about their live show, and i'm wondering if I would have to put up with that crap during their set.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-23-2010, 05:53 PM
I stepped outside when they came on the one time they were on a tour that I saw, so I couldn't tell ya. : /

mastodon421
03-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Do the Red Chord have a lot of hardcore dancing douchebags during their set? I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about their live show, and i'm wondering if I would have to put up with that crap during their set.

No they don't actually. I have seen them twice and there has been no hxc dancers during their set.

Natrlhi
03-24-2010, 07:08 AM
No they don't actually. I have seen them twice and there has been no hxc dancers during their set.I agree for the most part. The pits are way too intense for any HXC crap to take place, which requires a lot of space. People are generally more tightly crammed together, or running at full speed - one of the two. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it "never" happens, but I've not seen it. I think it depends a bit on who else is on the bill as well, though. If there are bands who have fans that do that shit (and at Summer Slaughter, there probably will be), then they'll probably try it during Teh Red Chord.

DethMaiden
03-24-2010, 07:11 AM
I agree for the most part. The pits are way too intense for any HXC crap to take place, which requires a lot of space. People are generally more tightly crammed together, or running at full speed - one of the two. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it "never" happens, but I've not seen it. I think it depends a bit on who else is on the bill as well, though. If there are bands who have fans that do that shit (and at Summer Slaughter, there probably will be), then they'll probably try it during Teh Red Chord.

Tied with BTBAM for "they're so good, why are their fans so gay?" :snivel:

Natrlhi
03-24-2010, 07:15 AM

Because - like it or not, there's no denying it - there's an element of -core to their sound, and inevitably, the slightest presence of -core brings the shitbirds.

Every fucking time, too. :bouville:

DethMaiden
03-24-2010, 07:17 AM

Because - like it or not, there's no denying it - there's an element of -core to their sound, and inevitably, the slightest presence of -core brings the shitbirds.

Every fucking time, too. :bouville:

Yeah, basically. They hear something that sounds like a breakdown and they don't care that it's got more than one note - they have to start karate kicking. :(

mastodon421
03-24-2010, 09:57 AM
I agree for the most part. The pits are way too intense for any HXC crap to take place, which requires a lot of space. People are generally more tightly crammed together, or running at full speed - one of the two. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it "never" happens, but I've not seen it. I think it depends a bit on who else is on the bill as well, though. If there are bands who have fans that do that shit (and at Summer Slaughter, there probably will be), then they'll probably try it during Teh Red Chord.

100% agree. This actually might surprise some people but the 2nd time I saw The Red Chord they opened for The Acacia Strain and there were 0 hardcore dancers.

idrinkwine732
03-24-2010, 12:55 PM

The simple answer is the ending of White Walls.

AnataFan4Life
03-24-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm actually excited for the 2011 summer slaughter tour, since Obscura supposedly said they were trying to get on it :rocker:

bt11763
03-24-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm actually excited for the 2011 summer slaughter tour, since Obscura supposedly said they were trying to get on it :rocker:

2011? isn't that a little, i don't know, far from now?

AnataFan4Life
03-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah, but it's freakin Obscura! I didn't get to see them this year and I won't get to see them again till next year.

bt11763
03-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah, but it's freakin Obscura! I didn't get to see them this year and I won't get to see them again till next year.

Just put on Cosmogenesis :horns:. God fucking damn these guys rule, SEE THEM NEXT TIME THEY ARE ANYWHERE NEAR YOU!!

BlackmoreOfBowling
03-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Decapitated

Played the first Summer Slaughter. Kinda skeptical to hear the new lineup without any new material backing them up.

The Faceless

Played first 2 SS tours. They're on every American Extreme Metal tour...

Decrepit Birth

They were on half of last year's SS tour. Meh.

Oceano

lol

Veil of Maya

lol

Unearth

lol

Animals as Leaders

meh

Carnifex (maybe)

fail

The Red Chord

lol

All Shall Perish

meh

Looks like the tour peaked and they're not even trying anymore with an unusual over-abundance of metalcore and mostly retreads from past Summer Slaughter tours. At least Suffocation, Dying Fetus and out-of-left-field choices like Ensiferum and Blackguard made it worth seeing last year, but now it's pretty weak. Looks like I'm in for an extended recovery period after Maryland Deathfest until Iron Maiden in July. Pass.

And does anybody know if there's going to be a PaganFest this year?

AnataFan4Life
03-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Another reason for the disappointing rumored lineup is that most of the good bands that would fit in there are probably recording or already on another tour while SS is going on this year.

larvtard
03-27-2010, 08:19 AM
The simple answer is the ending of White Walls.

Explain.
and yes their fans are EXTREMELY gay...

This actually might surprise some people but the 2nd time I saw The Red Chord they opened for The Acacia Strain and there were 0 hardcore dancers.

....I'm shocked.....:eek:

AnataFan4Life
03-27-2010, 08:40 AM
There's quite a few awesome bands whose fans fucking suck, unfortunately.

idrinkwine732
03-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Explain.
and yes their fans are EXTREMELY gay...:

Listen to the end of White Walls and you should know why scenesters love them.

the chewbacca defense
03-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Listen to the end of White Walls and you should know why scenesters love them.

meaning with the big breakdown or the 5 minute guitar solo?

idrinkwine732
03-27-2010, 09:10 PM
meaning with the big breakdown or the 5 minute guitar solo?

I'll give you one guess.

AnataFan4Life
03-28-2010, 03:40 PM
http://www.theprp.com/2010/03/28/news/decapitated-the-faceless-and-more-reportedly-sign-on-for-this-years-summer-slaughter-tour/

That brought my hopes up some :D

mankvill
03-28-2010, 03:43 PM
http://www.theprp.com/2010/03/28/news/decapitated-the-faceless-and-more-reportedly-sign-on-for-this-years-summer-slaughter-tour/

That brought my hopes up some :D

Cattle would be good as always, and Cephalic Carnage skipped my date on the first summer slaughter.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-28-2010, 03:46 PM
That brightens it up a little, now I like 5.5 bands on the supposed line up which is pretty much where I was sittin last year. : /

AnataFan4Life
03-28-2010, 03:48 PM
The only thing I don't like is that there are too many recycled bands, but at least they're keeping the awesome ones :D. A new death metal band would be nice though.

JuuKun
03-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Decapitated, Cephalic Carnage, and Cattle Decapitation? Get Necrophagist on this and it's 07 all over again. I don't like Cattle Decapitation or Cephalic Carnage, but they're better than the bands in the first rumored lineup. I'll wait and see what the lineup looks like, but I'm almost definitely going to be at a MA date if there's one to support Decapitated.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Ya, I really wish they would bring a band from over seas that haven't toured the U.S. before. Like Fleshgod Apocalypse or better yet GAMA BOMB! I would seriously bust a nut if Gama Bomb came to the U.S. I've been waiting for so long.

Since were on the topic of Necrophagist, I think they shouldn't be allowed to tour until they release the new album. Seriously, the thing is turning into Chinese Democracy, except people actually want this album to come out...

JuuKun
03-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd love to see them bring over IMPALED NAZARENE, and I'd go absolutely apeshit, but I couldn't see ImpNaz agreeing to play with some of the shit bands that have played this tour.

BRING GENERAL SURGERY?

Or hell, Zonaria need to get some exposure over here, and they'd make a great opener.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Hell ya dude, like I said before, fagcore = more money. If the people who ran it cared more about the music than turning a profit, we would be getting better line ups.

idrinkwine732
03-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Since were on the topic of Necrophagist, I think they shouldn't be allowed to tour until they release the new album. Seriously, the thing is turning into Chinese Democracy, except people actually want this album to come out...

Tell that to Wintersun fans...

AnataFan4Life
03-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Well i'm not hearing anything about Necrophagist, so maybe they're working on it now.

JuuKun
03-28-2010, 04:26 PM

LOL yeah, no kidding.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-28-2010, 04:29 PM

Wintersun has genuine issues concerning their album

Mohammad's just a perfectionist that will work on a single riff for a month, that is what's making them take so long. I'm not pulling this out of my ass either, those are pretty much his exact words from an interview I read a while back.

Well i'm not hearing anything about Necrophagist, so maybe they're working on it now.

I'm pretty sure I've heard talk of Necrophagist touring this summer. Maybe my sources said 2011, but I'm like, 99 % sure they said summer of 2010. Don't take my word for it though cause I don't know for sure if I heard right. Either way though I can honestly care less since I've seen them twice already and I know it will be pretty much the same set since there's not much room for change when you only have two albums.

AnataFan4Life
03-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Most of these bands rumored for SS are new live shows for me, so i'm pretty excited.

Me and my best friend have made it an annual thing to go to Summer Slaughter, since it usually has a "half death metal, half deathcore" lineup to please both of us.

idrinkwine732
03-28-2010, 06:18 PM
ThePRP is hearing rumors regarding the preliminary line-up for this years edition of the annual “Summer Slaughter” tour. Bands who have reportedly signed on for the trek so far run as follows:

Decapitated
The Faceless
Cattle Decapitation
Cephalic Carnage
All Shall Perish
Veil Of Maya

Additional artists are being booked for the tour with an official announcement expected in the coming weeks.

xStructualDefect
03-29-2010, 09:32 PM
i'm there just for All Shall Perish. also 'cause i want to make going to Summer Slaughter a tradition. i've been interested in seeing The Faceless for awhile. i'm interested to see the others 'cause i haven't seen any of these bands live before.

undergroundrage
03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
i'm there just for All Shall Perish. also 'cause i want to make going to Summer Slaughter a tradition. i've been interested in seeing The Faceless for awhile. i'm interested to see the others 'cause i haven't seen any of these bands live before.

All Shall Perish is the best band that nobody talks about. I'll be going to see them, anything else is just a bonus.

xStructualDefect
03-30-2010, 12:39 AM
All Shall Perish is the best band that nobody talks about. I'll be going to see them, anything else is just a bonus.

word. best deathcore band by far.

mastodon421
03-30-2010, 12:26 PM

The Faceless is great live. They put on a really tight performance I am eagerly awaiting seeing them.

AnataFan4Life
03-30-2010, 02:06 PM
So at this point, the only bands who are still up in the air are Oceano, Unearth, and Animals as Leaders. Everyone else has pretty much been confirmed in some form or another.

Bergman101
03-30-2010, 02:22 PM
I highly doubt Unearth will be there, as much as I want to see them, Oceano will probably be there because there always has to be a terrible band, for some reason, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Animals As Leaders at least opened the tour, they're a great band and deserve to get on big tours.

idrinkwine732
03-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Aw fuck.

AnataFan4Life
03-30-2010, 03:27 PM
I wonder what order they will be playing...

NecroRob
03-30-2010, 04:36 PM
As long as The Faceless get at least a 45 minute set I will be happy. Even if every other band on this tour was horrible I would be there to see The Faceless... but having Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, and Cattle Decapitation who are all great, along with The Red Chord and All Shall Perish who are pretty good this tour should be pretty damn good.

Also I've never really listened to Cephalic Carnage but I think they might be good.

Of course, this is all assuming these bands are there...

mankvill
03-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Summer Slaughter 2007: oh god, this is pretty damn awesome
Summer Slaughter 2008: oh god, there's too many crappy bands but some really good ones too
Summer Slaughter 2009: oh god, this is pretty damn awesome
Summer Slaughter 2010: (presumably) oh god, there's too many crappy bands but some really good ones too
Summer Slaughter 2011: (presumably) oh god, this is pretty damn awesome

See the pattern?

Uncle_Meat1940
03-31-2010, 02:03 PM
'08 was far better than '09 in my opinion. But I didn't get Suffocation on my date. I don't think it would have made a difference though.

AnataFan4Life
03-31-2010, 03:12 PM
http://hardtimes.ca/animalasleaders10

I guess you can add Animals as Leaders to the confirmed list.

AnataFan4Life
04-01-2010, 07:43 AM
The official lineup for this year's "The Summer Slaughter Tour" has been announced. The late announcement was due to Ash making an overhaul to the lineup. "I wanted to try something a bit different this year, so I made a few adjustments in order to reach out to a wider audience." stated Ash when asked about this year's lineup.

The lineup is as follows:

DECAPITATED
THE FACELESS
UNEARTH
CARNIFEX
OCEANO
ROSE FUNERAL
MY CHILDREN MY BRIDE
ASKING ALEXANDRIA
WAKING THE CADAVER
VEIL OF MAYA
WRETCHED
CONDUCTING FROM THE GRAVE

Exact cities and dates will be announced soon.

Last year's "The Summer Slaughter Tour" featured NECROPHAGIST, SUFFOCATION, ENSIFERUM, DARKEST HOUR, WINDS OF PLAGUE, DYING FETUS, BORN OF OSIRIS, ORIGIN, BENEATH THE MASSACRE, AFTER THE BURIAL, DECREPIT BIRTH and BLACKGUARD.

Natrlhi
04-01-2010, 09:00 AM
What a complete piece of shit car crash of a lineup. :mad:

Aside from Decapitated and Unearth, the rest of these bands are totally useless. I definitely won't be going to Summer Slaughter in 2010.

EDIT: Before somebody whines about The Faceless being good, I'll say that they have a hell of a lot of talent, but the vocals just piss me off to no end.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Please say this is an April Fools joke...

Natrlhi
04-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Please say this is an April Fools joke...I just thought about that...if it is, I rescind the part of my comment about not going (for the moment...:eyes:).

EDIT: The stuff I said about the shitty bands still stands, though. Obviously. :D

daimonos
04-01-2010, 09:32 AM
The official lineup for this year's "The Summer Slaughter Tour" has been announced. The late announcement was due to Ash making an overhaul to the lineup. "I wanted to try something a bit different this year, so I made a few adjustments in order to reach out to a wider audience." stated Ash when asked about this year's lineup.

The lineup is as follows:

DECAPITATED
THE FACELESS
UNEARTH
CARNIFEX
OCEANO
ROSE FUNERAL
MY CHILDREN MY BRIDE
ASKING ALEXANDRIA
WAKING THE CADAVER
VEIL OF MAYA
WRETCHED
CONDUCTING FROM THE GRAVE

Exact cities and dates will be announced soon.

Last year's "The Summer Slaughter Tour" featured NECROPHAGIST, SUFFOCATION, ENSIFERUM, DARKEST HOUR, WINDS OF PLAGUE, DYING FETUS, BORN OF OSIRIS, ORIGIN, BENEATH THE MASSACRE, AFTER THE BURIAL, DECREPIT BIRTH and BLACKGUARD.

I would go just to see Decapitated, but I would be extremely pissed off beyond comprehension until they started playing.

I've never been to Summer Slaughter. But reading last years lineup just makes me disappointed after reading this one. Necrophagist, Suffocation, Dying Fetus, Origin, and Decrepit Birth? I would have killed to see that.

undergroundrage
04-01-2010, 09:34 AM
It's gotta be fake because it doesn't have ALL SHALL PERISH and they are already officially on it...

daimonos
04-01-2010, 09:35 AM
It's gotta be fake because it doesn't have ALL SHALL PERISH and they are already officially on it...

Yeah good point, now that I think about it I remember that the singer from Decrepit Birth said that they were on the tour too.

Metal_Head
04-01-2010, 09:37 AM
The lineup is fake everyone. How could it not be obvious its a joke? Look at the bands on it.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-01-2010, 09:38 AM
I got suspicious when I saw how high Carnifex was on the bill. hahaha

mankvill
04-01-2010, 09:53 AM
The day My Children My Bride gets on Summer Slaughter is the day I quit metal.

AnataFan4Life
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Wow I can't believe some of you actually believed that :lol:

Uncle_Meat1940
04-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I find it sad that its gotten to the point of where something like this can be some-what believable. haha

AnataFan4Life
04-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I should've let it go on a bit longer =P

AnataFan4Life
04-02-2010, 10:42 AM
It better come to Charlotte this year.

AnataFan4Life
04-03-2010, 10:47 AM
In 2007 they had the info April 4th, so hopefully by tomorrow we will have something.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-03-2010, 11:17 AM
One can hope. haha.

Bergman101
04-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm feeling Monday, I'm calling it. The line-up and dates will be announced sometime on Monday.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Ill hold you to that. O.o *shakes fist* hehehe

AnataFan4Life
04-03-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm feeling Monday, I'm calling it. The line-up and dates will be announced sometime on Monday.

I'll trust you for now...;)

mastodon421
04-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Monday is for sure a possibilty. Hopefully that is the case.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Am I the only one who is kinda scared as to who is on this bill? I made a vow last year that if the ratio of bands I like to bands I hate drops lower than it did last year (6/10) that I would no longer give this tour my money. However, I really really really want to see Decapitated. I guess I would be cool with 3 or 4 bands I like including Decapitated as long as they weren't bands that have been on this tour multiple times like The Faceless, Decrepit Birth, etc. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

AnataFan4Life
04-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I talked to a couple of people and they think that Decapitated won't be headlining because they aren't big enough yet. They think that they are hiding a bigger band for the headliner.

That said, even if the best bands have already been on it, i'll still go, cause i didn't go to 2007 or 2008, so I guess you could call this year "catching up" for me =P

mankvill
04-03-2010, 01:03 PM
I talked to a couple of people and they think that Decapitated won't be headlining because they aren't big enough yet. They think that they are hiding a bigger band for the headliner.

That said, even if the best bands have already been on it, i'll still go, cause i didn't go to 2007 or 2008, so I guess you could call this year "catching up" for me =P

They were right below Necrophagist on the first Summer Slaughter, and with their reunion and headlining dates in Europe/Australia, I bet they could headline Summer Slaughter.

NecroRob
04-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Unless another big band gets announced, I'm pretty sure Decapitated and The Faceless will be 1 and 2 on the bill. And I honestly don't see anything wrong with Decapitated as headliner, especially since it would be their first tour in the States since 2007.

And personally this would be fuckin amazing if 1 and 2 are Decapitated and The Faceless :horns:

idrinkwine732
04-03-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm really surprised as to how big the Faceless have gotten.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I really don't like The Faceless, something about them just irks me. I like some of their stuff but there are things that they do that I don't like, I would be kinda pissed if they had a longer set than 30 mins. BRING BACK ENSIFERUM! haha I really hope they pull at least one band out of their ass like they did with them last year. haha

AnataFan4Life
04-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Then again, Decapitated did headline a couple of dates in 2007 when Necrophagist had immigration issues.

NecroRob
04-03-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure what it is about The Faceless but they just never get old for me. I listen to them almost every day and they only have 2 albums.

mastodon421
04-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Personally I think The Faceless is something special. Planetary Duality is such a great record. I really hope they are the number 2 band on this because they absolutley deserve it.

idrinkwine732
04-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I preferred Akeldama to Planetary Duality.

undergroundrage
04-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I preferred Akeldama to Planetary Duality.

I prefer everything ASP has done to The Faceless (even tho I still like them), so I hope they play after the Faceless...but I don't think they will.

idrinkwine732
04-03-2010, 05:32 PM
All Shall Perish for sure is more of a core based band, and that's what makes me prefer The Faceless.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-03-2010, 06:12 PM
The Faceless are still too core for my taste. : /

AnataFan4Life
04-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm pretty sure All Shall Perish will be one of the earlier bands to play.

bt11763
04-03-2010, 07:40 PM
i fucking lvoe the faceless, didn't appreciate them the first time i saw them because that was before i got into techdeath, so i NEEEDDDD to see them again lol

Uncle_Meat1940
04-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Funny thing is, I've been listening to tech death for many years and I've seen The Faceless three times and I still can't stand them. haha

bt11763
04-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Funny thing is, I've been listening to tech death for many years and I've seen The Faceless three times and I still can't stand them. haha

haha ah well, we seem to have the most differing opinions on this place :lol:

NecroRob
04-03-2010, 09:46 PM
i fucking lvoe the faceless, didn't appreciate them the first time i saw them because that was before i got into techdeath, so i NEEEDDDD to see them again lol

That's how it kind of is for me too. When I saw them open for In Flames I was just a casual fan but didn't know some of the songs and what not. But after that show I became a huge fan and I can't wait to see them again. I didn't get to see a full set by them either because the venue I saw it at was fuckin ridiculous.

bt11763
04-03-2010, 10:14 PM
That's how it kind of is for me too. When I saw them open for In Flames I was just a casual fan but didn't know some of the songs and what not. But after that show I became a huge fan and I can't wait to see them again. I didn't get to see a full set by them either because the venue I saw it at was fuckin ridiculous.

i actually hated them i thought they were boring as fuck and couldn't understand why everyone loved them haha.

it was summer slaughter 08, so i was young and foolish :tp: but i haven't had a chacne since then, i kicked myself in the ass so hard for missing the planetary depravity tour :mad:

NecroRob
04-03-2010, 11:40 PM
i kicked myself in the ass so hard for missing the planetary depravity tour :mad:

Yeah I wanted to go to that tour so bad but I'm going to school in bumfuck Pullman at WSU so I couldn't go see it. It would've been pretty epic to hear them play the entire Planetary Duality record.

mastodon421
04-04-2010, 05:17 AM
I'm pretty sure All Shall Perish will be one of the earlier bands to play.

I think they will be a middle of the road band.They are decently popular. They will proably end with a spot similar to what Born Of Osiris and Dying Fetus had last year.

undergroundrage
04-04-2010, 06:43 AM
I think they will be a middle of the road band.They are decently popular. They will proably end with a spot similar to what Born Of Osiris and Dying Fetus had last year.

Born of Osiris is a good example since they co-headlined with them last fall. Which makes me mad because they are so much better than Born of Osiris.

To everyone - If you sit down and listen to all three albums ASP has, and consider yourself a metal fan, I really don't know how you could not like them. Why they are still so unknown is beyond me. If you want to call them a 'core' band, whatever...they got more talent than any other core band out there then. The Last Relapse, Songs For the Damned, Never Ending War... :rocker: Black Gold Reign has a scream right out of 80's metal in it. Prisoner of War, The True Beast, For Far Too Long, Awaken the Dreamers, Never Again....the list goes on. I'm a huge fan and try to get everyone to really sit down and listen to this band. I hate when people call them 'core' because that is shit like Rose Funeral, Suffokate, ABACABB, As Blood Runs Black, etc... and they are nothing like those bands.

AnataFan4Life
04-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Born of Osiris is a good example since they co-headlined with them last fall. Which makes me mad because they are so much better than Born of Osiris.

To everyone - If you sit down and listen to all three albums ASP has, and consider yourself a metal fan, I really don't know how you could not like them. Why they are still so unknown is beyond me. If you want to call them a 'core' band, whatever...they got more talent than any other core band out there then. The Last Relapse, Songs For the Damned, Never Ending War... :rocker: Black Gold Reign has a scream right out of 80's metal in it. Prisoner of War, The True Beast, For Far Too Long, Awaken the Dreamers, Never Again....the list goes on. I'm a huge fan and try to get everyone to really sit down and listen to this band. I hate when people call them 'core' because that is shit like Rose Funeral, Suffokate, ABACABB, As Blood Runs Black, etc... and they are nothing like those bands.

I consider ASP deathcore, but it's deathcore done CORRECTLY, i.e. actually having good riffs and amazing solos, thinking outside the box with songwriting, putting breakdowns in the right spot and not abusing them, vocals that aren't full of pig snorts, etc.

undergroundrage
04-04-2010, 07:10 AM
I consider ASP deathcore, but it's deathcore done CORRECTLY, i.e. actually having good riffs and amazing solos, thinking outside the box with songwriting, putting breakdowns in the right spot and not abusing them, vocals that aren't full of pig snorts, etc.

I can accept that. I just hate when they are lumped into the same category as bands (like the ones I mentioned) where everyone song just feels like you're waiting for another generic breakdown and there are NO lyrics worth caring about. ASP are a political band that actually speak about things that matter, beyond the amazing music.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-04-2010, 07:26 AM
haha ah well, we seem to have the most differing opinions on this place :lol:

Hahaha I dunno about that. It's kinda weird though how are experiences are completely different with this band. I actually dug them the first time I head them at Summer Slaughter 08, But I could pretty much say the same thing about myself as you did about your time. haha My like for them has depreciated over the years. I've listened to both their albums many times, there are things that they do that I like, and things that they do that I can't stand. So I'm kinda on the fence with them, same way I am with BTBAM, that core influence just really kills metal for me. I dunno why.

AnataFan4Life
04-04-2010, 07:40 AM
I can accept that. I just hate when they are lumped into the same category as bands (like the ones I mentioned) where everyone song just feels like you're waiting for another generic breakdown and there are NO lyrics worth caring about. ASP are a political band that actually speak about things that matter, beyond the amazing music.

I hate that their live performance will probably be brought down by punchdancing faggots. :flame:

undergroundrage
04-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I hate that their live performance will probably be brought down by punchdancing faggots. :flame:

Actually I didn't see ANY of those when I seen them live last year. But, I was up on the rail and really didn't look back until we got on stage. But the ASP crowd seems to differ from say....August Burns Red, or Emmure.

bt11763
04-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Hahaha I dunno about that. It's kinda weird though how are experiences are completely different with this band. I actually dug them the first time I head them at Summer Slaughter 08, But I could pretty much say the same thing about myself as you did about your time. haha My like for them has depreciated over the years. I've listened to both their albums many times, there are things that they do that I like, and things that they do that I can't stand. So I'm kinda on the fence with them, same way I am with BTBAM, that core influence just really kills metal for me. I dunno why.

i don't hate deathcore and enjoy some, but i also love old school hardcore, so different tastes you know?

venerialdisease
04-05-2010, 06:39 AM
These are the confirmed bands that I have heard:

Decapitated
the faceless
The red chord
Cephalic Carnage
Cattle Decapitation
All shall perish
Carnifex
Animals as leaders

there is another rumor about a headliner such as Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth :rocker:but that is all speculation and Oceano is prolly the other core band on the bill

upcoming shows
4/16: For the fallen dreams
4/24: Bleeding through
5/2: Cattle decapitation and job for a cowboy
5/3: Earth Crisis

bt11763
04-05-2010, 06:58 AM

Decapitated
the faceless
The red chord
Cephalic Carnage
Cattle Decapitation
All shall perish
Carnifex
Animals as leaders

there is another rumor about a headliner such as Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth :rocker:but that is all speculation and Oceano is prolly the other core band on the bill

upcoming shows

sweet dude, and welcome to the forum.

just so you know, it's easiest to put your upcoming show list into your signature so you dont have to type it out constantly :D

venerialdisease
04-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Heard from when they might be announcing it "officially?"

Uncle_Meat1940
04-05-2010, 01:19 PM
i don't hate deathcore and enjoy some, but i also love old school hardcore, so different tastes you know?

Yup yup. Metal/Deathcore are pretty much the only subgenres of metal that I will absolutely refuse to listen to. It's pretty much just those stupid breakdowns and the vocals that kill it for me. I don't mind a good chunk of the music for the most part, but once that breakdown starts up its like, "TIME FOR A SMOKE!" *RUNS OUTSIDE* haha

bt11763
04-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Yup yup. Metal/Deathcore are pretty much the only subgenres of metal that I will absolutely refuse to listen to. It's pretty much just those stupid breakdowns and the vocals that kill it for me. I don't mind a good chunk of the music for the most part, but once that breakdown starts up its like, "TIME FOR A SMOKE!" *RUNS OUTSIDE* haha

hahaha yeah i feel you on that, for some reason i don't always have the same reaction with some bands, i love a good breakdown here and there but i hate how much they're used.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't mind all breakdowns, just the mindless overdone metal/deathcore ones that take no musical talent what so ever. In all honesty, I think their fans (the majority that is) play a role in my hatred towards the genre as well. haha

bt11763
04-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't mind all breakdowns, just the mindless overdone metal/deathcore ones that take no musical talent what so ever. In all honesty, I think their fans (the majority that is) play a role in my hatred towards the genre as well. haha

oh dude abso-fucking-lutely lol :lol:

venerialdisease
04-05-2010, 02:00 PM

I will have to agree with you and it is bad enough most of my friends and family cannot handle the brand of metal I like when most of the are in to the bad side of deathcore i.e. Oceano, carnifex, chelsea grin, I could go on but you get the point but there are some bands who fall into the genre that I really love The acacia strain and despised icon but for the most part it is a worthless genre who all right half assed dying fetus and skinless riffs

AnataFan4Life
04-05-2010, 07:19 PM

Decapitated
the faceless
The red chord
Cephalic Carnage
Cattle Decapitation
All shall perish
Carnifex
Animals as leaders

upcoming shows

Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, and Decapitated? The thought of that nearly made me soil myself.

idrinkwine732
04-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Not happening.

AnataFan4Life
04-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Not happening.

Yeah i'm pretty sure CC and Behemoth are booked for Europe the whole summer :bouville:

idrinkwine732
04-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah i'm pretty sure CC and Behemoth are booked for Europe the whole summer :bouville:

Cannibal Corpse is, Behemoth isn't. I think Behemoth are takin a break for a bit. Or trying to bust Nergal out of jail...

AnataFan4Life
04-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Cannibal Corpse is, Behemoth isn't. I think Behemoth are takin a break for a bit. Or trying to bust Nergal out of jail...

Fuck Poland :flame:

AnglOvDeth
04-06-2010, 02:13 AM
Nothing official, but I did hear a few months ago that Behemoth and Suffocation were supposed to co-headline a tour this summer. This, coming from a member of Suffocation. :confused:

Then again, a member of Cannibal Corpse, whom I spoke with, could not confirm nor deny the Florida Death Metal tour with Deicide, Morbid Angel, and more...

I also heard about the Behemoth/Amon Amarth/Ex Deo tour rumor... what ever happened to that?

Let's just hope the Summer Slaughter lineup looks more like this, and less of the snort-core.

And really, I'm just throwing rumors out there like everyone else. :D

bt11763
04-06-2010, 06:47 AM
Nothing official, but I did hear a few months ago that Behemoth and Suffocation were supposed to co-headline a tour this summer. This, coming from a member of Suffocation. :confused:

Then again, a member of Cannibal Corpse, whom I spoke with, could not confirm nor deny the Florida Death Metal tour with Deicide, Morbid Angel, and more...

I also heard about the Behemoth/Amon Amarth/Ex Deo tour rumor... what ever happened to that?

Let's just hope the Summer Slaughter lineup looks more like this, and less of the snort-core.

:drool:

fuck you lol

idrinkwine732
04-06-2010, 08:13 AM

Didn't hear about the Suffo/Behemoth tour, sounds great.

I think the Florida Death tour was more speculation and the bands were playing along than anything else.

The Behemoth/Amon Amarth/Ex Deo tour I think was supposed to happen but fell through during the planning stage. Because multiple people were saying it would happen in the spring. Now AA is booked in the spring.

AnataFan4Life
04-06-2010, 11:19 AM

Behemoth AND Suffocation. You guys are gonna wear out my laundry if you keep this up :lol:

AnataFan4Life
04-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Any word on when we can expect info?

idrinkwine732
04-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Any word on when we can expect info?

They will coordinate releases with Wintersun.

AnataFan4Life
04-07-2010, 09:27 PM
They will coordinate releases with Wintersun.

It would be really funny if "Time" turned out to be shitty :lol:

idrinkwine732
04-08-2010, 06:14 AM
It would be really funny if "Time" turned out to be shitty :lol:

DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT I'VE BEEN WAITING TO LONG FOR IT TO TURN OUT TERRIBLE.

xStructualDefect
04-08-2010, 10:39 AM
DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT I'VE BEEN WAITING TO LONG FOR IT TO TURN OUT TERRIBLE.

lol for reals. i remember back when they said it was gonna come out Dec 2006..

AnataFan4Life
04-08-2010, 11:17 AM
I doubt it will unless Jari pulls a fucking Cryptopsy on us.

idrinkwine732
04-08-2010, 12:24 PM
I doubt it will unless Jari pulls a fucking Cryptopsy on us.

It will be amazing.

or else.

AnataFan4Life
04-08-2010, 04:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSD2CgwnKBE

NecroRob
04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Well shit

bt11763
04-08-2010, 08:08 PM
word. i've wanted to check these guys out.

bt11763
04-09-2010, 08:33 AM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/04/09/veil-of-maya-will-play-summer-slaughter/

Wait until you guys see the lineup for this year’s Summer Slaughter tour. It absolutely SMOKES the Rockstar Mayhem Festival and rumored Ozzfest lineups… no competition. To say that the lineup is super-sexy would be an understatement.

You’re going to have to wait to find out who’s on the bill, but lucky for you Veil of Maya revealed in the above Metal Injection interview that they’re one of the bands. And while some of you will probably think Veil of Maya are too “scene”… just you wait until you see who else is on the bill. And for what it’s worth, I hold Veil of Maya in high regard as the sort of kings of that scene (in a good way) and some of the very best the genre has to offer.

:mad: FUCK NOW I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS OR OZZFEST TO BE ANNOUNCED GAH :mad:

AnataFan4Life
04-09-2010, 09:02 AM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=262779

Where was that quote from?

bt11763
04-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Where was that quote from?

oh woops haha i copied the wrong url: http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/04/09/veil-of-maya-will-play-summer-slaughter/

:lol: my bad, updated original post

venerialdisease
04-09-2010, 09:51 AM

I know man the anticipation of waiting to see who is playing is killing me

AnataFan4Life
04-09-2010, 09:54 AM
I hope that rumor about Behemoth + Suffocation co-headlining a tour together ends up being this. That along with some of the other rumored bands (Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Cephalic Carnage, Cattle Decapitation, etc.)...

venerialdisease
04-09-2010, 10:10 AM
I hope that rumor about Behemoth + Suffocation co-headlining a tour together ends up being this. That along with some of the other rumored bands (Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Cephalic Carnage, Cattle Decapitation, etc.)...

gahh! my nipples are hard just thinking bout that lineup I could die after that and everything would be alright haha

AnataFan4Life
04-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I wonder if Carnifex will get "Rose Funeral-ed" on this tour :lol:

mankvill
04-09-2010, 01:04 PM
I wonder if Carnifex will get "Rose Funeral-ed" on this tour :lol:

Rose Funeral is getting the ire of everyone right now because they physically attacked people because they didn't like them. I saw Carnifex open for Obituary and Unleased in 2008 and while I really didn't like them, they were professional about everything. So they're at least one step above Rose Funeral.

xStructualDefect
04-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Rose Funeral is getting the ire of everyone right now because they physically attacked people because they didn't like them. I saw Carnifex open for Obituary and Unleased in 2008 and while I really didn't like them, they were professional about everything. So they're at least one step above Rose Funeral.

agreed. when Carnifex opened up for Finntroll they got a lot of boos and fuck yous but they still looked like they were having fun on stage.

bt11763
04-09-2010, 01:21 PM
agreed. when Carnifex opened up for Finntroll they got a lot of boos and fuck yous but they still looked like they were having fun on stage.

Carnifex opened for Finntroll??? :confused:

Yeah my friend really likes Carnifex, I like some deathcore and i don't think they're the worst thing ever, but I really cant dig them.

JuuKun
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Behemoth, Suffocation, and Decapitated would make for an amazing SS. We'll see, though.

Wonder whether this or Ozzfest will be announced first.

xStructualDefect
04-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Carnifex opened for Finntroll??? :confused:

Yeah my friend really likes Carnifex, I like some deathcore and i don't think they're the worst thing ever, but I really cant dig them.

yeah i thought it was weird too i think it was the CA dates only though. same here they're not bad but i can't get into them. they look like they'd be a fun band to see live if a lot of people were into it though.

bt11763
04-09-2010, 01:43 PM
yeah i thought it was weird too i think it was the CA dates only though. same here they're not bad but i can't get into them. they look like they'd be a fun band to see live if a lot of people were into it though.

eh yeah if they are on SS i'll check 'em out.

mastodon421
04-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Carnifex nearly got booed off the stage when I saw them but they really didn't seem phased by it and played like they would if they had a lot of their fans there.

Pastulio_
04-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Behemoth and Suffocation would be amazing.

girnny777
04-09-2010, 02:28 PM
When I saw Carnifex open for Obituary two kids gave them the finger the whole time, booed them and turned their backs to them. The guitarist challenged them to a fight outside so the bouncers kicked the kids out. Then later when Obituary went on they let the kids back in.

bt11763
04-09-2010, 02:30 PM
When I saw Carnifex open for Obituary two kids gave them the finger the whole time, booed them and turned their backs to them. The guitarist challenged them to a fight outside so the bouncers kicked the kids out. Then later when Obituary went on they let the kids back in.

huh. well at least they got back in :horns:

girnny777
04-09-2010, 02:33 PM
huh. well at least they got back in :horns:

Yeah, BB Kings can be weird. After Carnifex finished up I left and went to McDonalds across the street. When I came back in one of the bouncers stood in front of me and said "Are you the kid that got kicked out?" Not knowing what the fuck he was talking about I told him no and he just said "Oh sorry" and let me walk in. Then I heard people talking about it inside and i lol'd.

bt11763
04-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah, BB Kings can be weird. After Carnifex finished up I left and went to McDonalds across the street. When I came back in one of the bouncers stood in front of me and said "Are you the kid that got kicked out?" Not knowing what the fuck he was talking about I told him no and he just said "Oh sorry" and let me walk in. Then I heard people talking about it inside and i lol'd.

haha nice, i actually have not seen a show there yet, which is weird considering that i live on the island :confused:

mankvill
04-09-2010, 03:35 PM

That's what Metalsucks says. Metalsucks has absolutely terrible taste in metal. So I'll believe it when I see it.

AnataFan4Life
04-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Restless, I am getting =P

venerialdisease
04-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Restless, I am getting =P

You and me both dude

mankvill
04-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Would be cool if Behemoth + Nile co-headlined.

raiderjp
04-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Would be cool if Behemoth + Nile co-headlined.

What would be really cool is if there were no -core bands this year. All Shall Perish can be listenable when they aren't playing their super awesome breakdowns, but I would much rather be watching Revocation or another good metal band.

undergroundrage
04-13-2010, 11:28 AM
What would be really cool is if there were no -core bands this year. All Shall Perish can be listenable when they aren't playing their super awesome breakdowns, but I would much rather be watching Revocation or another good metal band.

ASP was one of the best shows I've ever been to. I hate that they get lumped into the 'core' category, they are so much more talented than that shit. Oh well...I'll keep fighting the fight.

venerialdisease
04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
ASP was one of the best shows I've ever been to. I hate that they get lumped into the 'core' category, they are so much more talented than that shit. Oh well...I'll keep fighting the fight.

I for one have seen All Shall Perish twice and both times I saw them they brought it hard it sucks band who are proficent musicians such as them selves get lumped in with garbage ass bands such as suicide silence and as blood runs black for the fact theses guys run laps around those douches.

And Nile and Behemoth at the same show would be down right Amazing I would have to follow that tour nationwide haha

raiderjp
04-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Am I the only one here who has heard All Shall Perish's first album? It's horrible. I said they are listenable when they aren't playing breakdowns - which means their newest album is good. I don't lump them in with the horrible -core bands, as they are one of the few good ones, but with that being said, they still don't appeal to me very much.

xStructualDefect
04-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Am I the only one here who has heard All Shall Perish's first album? It's horrible. I said they are listenable when they aren't playing breakdowns - which means their newest album is good. I don't lump them in with the horrible -core bands, as they are one of the few good ones, but with that being said, they still don't appeal to me very much.

yeah i can't stand the first album, but Price of Existence is superb, and Awaken The Dreamers is pretty good also.

undergroundrage
04-13-2010, 01:27 PM

They have gotten better with each album, making their first the worst, but I still like it. It's definitely the closest thing to 'core' that they put out, but you can't judge every band on their first album.

venerialdisease
04-13-2010, 02:40 PM

Yea I am going to have to agree with their first cd was down right Garbage but the price of existence blew my mind and I felt they got kind of sloppy on Awaken the dreamers but they are good not great but good

AnataFan4Life
04-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Wow, Ozzfest may actually have their lineup out before Summer Slaughter. :lol:

venerialdisease
04-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Wow, Ozzfest may actually have their lineup out before Summer Slaughter. :lol:

at this rate that is a distinct possibility

undergroundrage
04-15-2010, 07:34 AM
“Major news coming from Kataklysm..MAJOR!!!!! and its good news baby..cant announce yet tho : )”

Maybe? Or Ozzfest, either one I'm guessing.

Davemeistro
04-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Damnit, every time I see this thread bumped up to the top, I get all excited thinking the lineups been announced. :(

xStructualDefect
04-15-2010, 01:47 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138574

DECAPITATED
THE FACELESS
ALL SHALL PERISH
THE RED CHORD
VEIL OF MAYA
CEPHALIC CARNAGE
DECREPIT BIRTH
CARNIFEX
ANIMALS AS LEADERS
VITAL REMAINS

b1indedbyfear
04-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Ill be going, hope it comes back to richmond again. I like all besides veil of maya and have nbt heard animals as leaders.

mankvill
04-15-2010, 01:58 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138574

DECAPITATED
THE FACELESS
ALL SHALL PERISH
THE RED CHORD
VEIL OF MAYA
CEPHALIC CARNAGE
DECREPIT BIRTH
CARNIFEX
ANIMALS AS LEADERS
VITAL REMAINS

LOL IF VITAL REMAINS IS TRULY BILLED UNDERNEATH THAT MOUNTAIN OF SHIT

DethMaiden
04-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Shit, I'd love to see The Red Chord again and Cephalic Carnage would be amazing, but that's a lot of shit. Summer Slaughter sucks. :(

mankvill
04-15-2010, 02:08 PM
DECAPITATED - Will be good, but not nearly as good as the first SS.
THE FACELESS - They need to get the fuck off SS, seriously.
ALL SHALL PERISH - Did not like them at all the last time I saw them.
THE RED CHORD - Could never get into them.
VEIL OF MAYA - Pretty bad.
CEPHALIC CARNAGE - Would be pretty fun.
DECREPIT BIRTH - Would be pretty fun.
CARNIFEX - FUCK NO YOU ARE THE WORST BAND EVER
ANIMALS AS LEADERS - Never listened.
VITAL REMAINS - Deserves to be playing directly under Decapitated on every date.