PDA

View Full Version : W.A.S.P.

JuuKun
03-04-2010, 06:28 PM
On their current tour that started Feb. 26th in CA. Thanks :)

Maiden33
03-04-2010, 06:43 PM
This is the most recent one I can find:

Bilbao, Spain - December 13th, 2009:

Intro: Mephisto Waltz
01.On Your Knees
02.The Real Me (The Who Cover)
03.L.O.V.E. Machine
04.Crazy
05.Babylon's Burning
06.Wild Child
07.Medley:
-The Hellion
-I Don't Need No Doctor
-Scream Until You like It
08.Arena of Pleasure
09.Chainsaw Charlie (Murders in the New Morgue)
10.The Idol
11.Take Me Up
12.I Wanna Be Somebody
Encore:
13.Heaven's Hung in Black
14.Blind in Texas

I wouldn't expect much to change for the US leg, and I honestly hope it doesn't. By WASP standards I think this is a pretty kickass set list.

JuuKun
03-04-2010, 06:55 PM
That does look like a nice set. Hope they keep it.

Chainsaw Charlie :party:

ravenheart
03-05-2010, 01:09 PM
I saw this tour. We got a truncated set because of time constraints and stupidly Blackie cut everything that was approaching interesting from the setlist. So no Hellion/Doctor/Scream medley, no Arena of Pleasure, no Babylon's Burning and no Heaven's Hung In Black.

So, it was crap. Loads of songs played every tour. Great performance, but just such a boring set of songs. And to be honest, of the ones we didn't have, I only cared about 'Heaven's Hung In Black'. Seen all the rest too much.

On the next European tour it will be all songs from the first two albums. Are you not expecting this US tour to be that set?

Maiden33
03-05-2010, 02:19 PM
I saw this tour. We got a truncated set because of time constraints and stupidly Blackie cut everything that was approaching interesting from the setlist. So no Hellion/Doctor/Scream medley, no Arena of Pleasure, no Babylon's Burning and no Heaven's Hung In Black.

So, it was crap. Loads of songs played every tour. Great performance, but just such a boring set of songs. And to be honest, of the ones we didn't have, I only cared about 'Heaven's Hung In Black'. Seen all the rest too much.

On the next European tour it will be all songs from the first two albums. Are you not expecting this US tour to be that set?

A) How have you seen Babylon's Burning too many times? It's new.

B) No, because they haven't been to the US on this tour yet. It's just going to be a typical tour, as far as I know.

ravenheart
03-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Haven't seen Babylon's Burning, and don't care to. It's easily one of the weakest songs on the new album, which is a weak album anyway.

Same goes for Scream Until You Like It. Haven't actually seen them do it, but don't really care. It was a throw-away song for a campy horror movie and if they could have taken their eyes off of whatever the pay cheque for that was, they should never have made it.

The rest I've seen too much. It was a dreadful set and it's still a dreadful set. I'm looking forward to the next tour not because I think playing songs from those two albums is the right thing for them to do, but because it will at least mean I can hear one or two different songs for a change.

I will always love this band, but Blackie has completely lost all grasp of constructing a live set.