PDA

View Full Version : Muse -- Philadelphia, PA -- March 2nd, 2010

DisasterPiece120
03-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Awesome show. If they come to your town you must check this show out.

1. Uprising
2. Resistance
3. New Born
4. Map of the Problematique
5. Supermassive Black Hole
6. Guiding Light
7. Interlude
8. Hysteria
9. Nishe
10. United States Of Eurasia
11. Feeling Good (Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley cover)
12. Helsinki Jam
13. Undisclosed Desires
14. Starlight
15. Plug In Baby
16. Time is Running Out
17. Unnatural Selection
Encore:
18. Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture
19. Stockholm Syndrome :rocker:
20. Knights of Cydonia

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Please have this moved, Mods. Muse = about as metal as Coldplay or The Killers.

bt11763
03-02-2010, 08:44 PM
hurr durr 5fdp etc etc

i like muse.

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 08:47 PM
hurr durr 5fdp etc etc

i like muse.

No one hates metal elitism more than I do. I hate every band that is a trademark of tough guy metal elitism. I love bands less metal than Muse (which is saying a lot), but this band is NOT metal at all, and we've moved set lists out of the main forum if they weren't actually metal before. This shouldn't be an exception.

The Ghost at Number One
03-02-2010, 08:48 PM
I like Muse, too. While certainly not metal, they're WAY heavier than Coldplay, The Killers, or any other "pop" band. It's true.

The Ghost at Number One
03-02-2010, 08:49 PM
No one hates metal elitism more than I do. I hate every band that is a trademark of tough guy metal elitism. I love bands less metal than Muse (which is saying a lot), but this band is NOT metal at all, and we've moved set lists out of the main forum if they weren't actually metal before. This shouldn't be an exception.
I do see your point, though.

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I like Muse, too. While certainly not metal, they're WAY heavier than Coldplay, The Killers, or any other "pop" band. It's true.

Not unless the dozen + songs I've suffered through were incredibly, incredibly misleading. Maybe a bit, but not WAY heavier. I actually probably like them less. I have heard few bands that annoy the piss out of me like they do - but for as much as they do, it still doesn't approach the degree to which a lot of their fans piss me off by trying to tote them around like a "Prog" band, which kinda makes me want to vomit a little. Bunch of music elitists dressing up the simplistic if you ask me.

Natrlhi
03-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I like Muse. A lot. I was going to comment about how awesome the set list was, but somehow I'd rather go to bed now. My buzz has been murdered. Thanks, Maiden33. :rolleyes:

mankvill
03-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Please have this moved, Mods. Muse = about as metal as Coldplay or The Killers.

LMFAO youtube Knights of Cydonia plz

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 09:05 PM

The only song I've heard the remotely suggests otherwise. And it was the first I heard, which is why I didn't hate them from the beginning. But then the more I heard, the more a huge WTF came to mind.

Look - I'm not saying Muse are horrible and no one should like them - everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I just think the band is VERY mispresented, probably much more by their own fanbase than themselves. I'm just kinda getting tired of hearing about them.

Oh yes, and Threshold did a pretty awesome cover of Supermassive Black Hole, that actually sounds remotely like Prog Metal - fun, but still kinda gay.

Natrlhi
03-02-2010, 09:26 PM

I have listened to actual metal that is less metal than Knights of Cydonia. :D

The Ghost at Number One
03-02-2010, 09:27 PM
The only song I've heard the remotely suggests otherwise.

I'm not a huge fan myself, and I'm not trying to sway you, but check out Stockholm Syndrome. It's the heaviest song of theirs I've heard.

Natrlhi
03-02-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm not a huge fan myself, and I'm not trying to sway you, but check out Stockholm Syndrome. It's the heaviest song of theirs I've heard.
:agree: I was gonna mention that. Nicely done.

bt11763
03-02-2010, 09:52 PM
:tp:

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 09:58 PM
:tp:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/Randomrage/rollbarf.bmp

bt11763
03-02-2010, 09:58 PM
LOLWUT

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 10:01 PM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q93/Watanabex/lol_que.jpg

jhdeity
03-02-2010, 10:35 PM
This song is heavier than a lot of stuff I see Maiden33 praising on here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQbBvF9TD0

Sorry Dude.. EPIC FAIL!

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I saw Muse open for U2 last october. 4 songs was about all I could handle before I had to get up and wander around Cowboys Stadium. They aren't bad, just not my cup of tea.

MPF
03-02-2010, 10:44 PM
I've tried, I really have, but I can't get into any Muse since Absolution.

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 11:02 PM
This song is heavier than a lot of stuff I see Maiden33 praising on here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQbBvF9TD0

Sorry Dude.. EPIC FAIL!

How about no? I fail to see how that's honestly all that heavy. It sucks a considerable bit less than a lot of the Muse I have heard in the past, but still about a million miles from anything I would listen to, and in no way forces me to rethink anything I've said.

mankvill
03-02-2010, 11:04 PM
How about no? I fail to see how that's honestly all that heavy. It sucks a considerable bit less than a lot of the Muse I have heard in the past, but still about a million miles from anything I would listen to, and in no way forces me to rethink anything I've said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiwkU0Uxqow

Nice solo at least? :3

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 11:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiwkU0Uxqow

Nice solo at least? :3

I guess if you like noise and "tricks" and not actual melody or skill.

mankvill
03-02-2010, 11:22 PM
I guess if you like noise and "tricks" and not actual melody or skill.

well duh, i prefer Masonna over Iron Maiden

Derelict
03-03-2010, 05:19 AM
A friend of mine put a picture of the stage setup on facebook, looked really badass

overkill13
03-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Maiden33 is right. Muse sucks cock. All the music he praises is MUCH heavier than this shit. Not even close.

jhdeity
03-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Maiden33 is right. Muse sucks cock. All the music he praises is MUCH heavier than this shit. Not even close.

Buahahahahahahaha

Maiden33
03-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Just a thought: My issue with Muse isn't that I don't think they're heavy enough. I like a lot of music that isn't particular heavy. My issue is that to my ears it is nothing more than experimental/idie pop music - which I hate. Also, as I've mentioned I just can't stand how people insist on touting this band as something that as far as I can tell, they are definitely not. That is all.

And I wish to restate that the intention of my original post was not bashing or shit-throwing, I was just merely suggesting that due to the fact that other shows have been moved out of this forum into general chat due to the fact that they're not metal, so I think this one should be too. Whether you like them or not, if you try to argue that Muse is a metal band - you are wrong.

MetalIsArt
03-03-2010, 10:27 AM

I don't know Muse very much, but Coldplay is one of the most overrated bands ever.

mastodon421
03-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Great setlist. If the tickets weren't so damn expensive then maybe i would go.

Dominicus 1988
03-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I have seen various non metal bands posted on this site. Calm down, its not he like he posted a Brokencyde setlist. Muse is an amazing band despite them not being metal.

Dextrimental
03-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I have to say, I think Muse is pushing it a bit with regards the 'metal' aspect of this site. However, I think the occasional non-metal setlist is alright, and Muse have quite a bit in common with alot of metal bands, in terms of the construction of their music, and the tricks etc. used.

This is a very solid setlist from them, they played Dublin last year, unfortunately they sell like wildfire over here so I have yet to see them outside of a festival enviroment, however, I am getting in for free to the biggest Irish music festival this year, it happens twenty minutes from my town, and they are headlining a day.

DisasterPiece120
03-03-2010, 06:42 PM
I figured that Muse would be a good non-metal setlist to post. They went into a lot of pretty heavy jams last night especially after Stockholm Syndrome.

mankvill
03-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I figured that Muse would be a good non-metal setlist to post. They went into a lot of pretty heavy jams last night especially after Stockholm Syndrome.

:fist: they are very heavy. You made no mistake.

bt11763
03-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I have seen various non metal bands posted on this site. Calm down, its not he like he posted a Brokencyde setlist. Muse is an amazing band despite them not being metal.

:agree:

ijwthstd
03-03-2010, 10:47 PM
I am pissed I can't seem to buy single day Coachella tickets.

Just Muse/Faith No More/Devo would be an awesome standalone concert.

I HATE FESTIVALS.

christopher
03-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I am pissed I can't seem to buy single day Coachella tickets.

Just Muse/Faith No More/Devo would be an awesome standalone concert.

I HATE FESTIVALS.

Yeah I wanted to go to Coachella for the same reason plus MGMT, but no single day tickets, so I bought tickets to go see Muse up in Vegas. Figured I'd get them before they sell out just in case no single day tickets go on sale, but if they do, then 2 Muse shows:D

converge241
03-05-2010, 04:22 AM
Got to see Muse on the 2004 Curiosa tour (Cure/Interpol/Crusive/Muse/Auf de mar/Rapture/Mogwai etc). I know none of that is metal and all but wasnt that impressed with them but interesting to see how big they have gotten since then.

Natrlhi
03-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Got to see Muse on the 2004 Curiosa tour (Cure/Interpol/Crusive/Muse/Auf de mar/Rapture/Mogwai etc). I know none of that is metal and all but wasnt that impressed with them but interesting to see how big they have gotten since then.

Jealous that you got to see Mogwai - I still haven't yet (and BTW, they are "kinda" metal ;)).

converge241
03-06-2010, 07:22 AM
haha

the tour itself was great I like my share of "non-metal" even though thats most of what I like..just had to put out the warning before it got "flagged" ;)