PDA

View Full Version : Tony Martin era Sabbath

Fe Maiden
02-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Sucks that these are basically no longer available for purchase especially Headless Cross:mad:

ADD
02-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Tyr has some jams. Here's how I see it.

1. Ozzy
2. Dio
3. Gillan
4. Martin
5. Hughes

Maiden33
02-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah, they are pretty much impossible to find at chain music retailers, or even most independent shops. If you want them you either have to dig in used bins for them (how I got all of mine) or order them online. You can get them all from Amazon new and used, but they won't be cheap. Not saying they're ridiculously overpriced, they're just not cheap.

makethemsuffer12
02-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Tyr has some jams. Here's how I see it.

1. Ozzy
2. Dio
3. Gillan
4. Martin
5. Hughes

Gillan better than Martin? Are you serious? Born Again is terrible, in my opinion of course.

ADD
02-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Gillan better than Martin? Are you serious? Born Again is terrible, in my opinion of course.
Love that album.

IrritatedTrout
02-22-2010, 03:47 PM
I like Born Again too, but my ranking would be:

1. Dio
2. Ozzy
3. Martin
4. Gillian
5. Hughes

And yeah, it sucks how hard to find the Martin albums are. I've got all of them except Eternal Idol though. I found Tyr, Cross Purposes, and Forbidden new at FYE (although it's a huge and very awesome FYE, not your average one in the mall), I found Headless Cross used at a local record shop, and I got Cross Purposes Live and The Sabbath Stones off ebay.

Maiden33
02-22-2010, 03:52 PM
I hoped this wouldn't turn into a "Durrr which era of Sabbath is the best" thread, but since it's going that way, I might as well throw in my opinion.

Dio and Tony Martin eras are BY FAR my two favorites, head and shoulders above the rest. The other three are probably ranked about the same. I don't want to shit on the Glenn Hughes stuff because I think he's technically probably the best vocalist Sabbath ever had, it's just not that great of an album.

ravenheart
02-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Sucks that these are basically no longer available for purchase especially Headless Cross:mad:

Forbidden and Eternal Idol are no problem here.

Tyr, Headless Cross and Cross Purposes are impossible though. Mostly because the two-bit label that last licensed them is long out of business.

I got Headless Cross while it was still available many years ago, but missed out on the other two.

makethemsuffer12
02-22-2010, 04:05 PM
LIVIN' ON DA STREETS, I'M NO STRANGER TO LOVE!

Seventh Star wasn't even meant to be a Sabbath album, the record label made Iommi put the name on it. The two other albums that Iommi and Hughes did are pretty good though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzRcmNkoYRo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIeIZzwujQI

JRA
02-22-2010, 07:35 PM
I can't even remember where I found "Eternal Idol." Either Tracks or FYE.

ADD
02-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Tyr, Headless Cross and Cross Purposes are impossible though. Mostly because the two-bit label that last licensed them is long out of business.

No shit? Wonder if my copy of Tyr would go for good monies on Ebay...

Fe Maiden
02-23-2010, 07:34 AM
You can get them all from Amazon new and used,
Nope! At least not the one I REALLY want - Headless Cross

Maiden33
02-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Nope! At least not the one I REALLY want - Headless Cross

Yeah, that's rough - $24.99 + shipping. That's the most expensive of the bunch, and oddly, the one I found the cheapest. If you're really desperate for the music, I'll send you the mp3s myself, and then you can just eventually pick up the CD whenever you can. If you're interested, Private Message me.

Fe Maiden
02-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah, that's rough - $24.99 + shipping. That's the most expensive of the bunch, and oddly, the one I found the cheapest. If you're really desperate for the music, I'll send you the mp3s myself, and then you can just eventually pick up the CD whenever you can. If you're interested, Private Message me.And that is for USED:mad: