PDA

View Full Version : Dark Fortress -- Landshut, Germany -- February 14th, 2010

Schaffi
02-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Yay, this had been the first show of Dark Fortress in their hometown Landshut for several years, and I had really been looking forward to this as "Ylem" is nothing but a fucking masterpiece. :D
Support bands were Sardonis (actually pretty good), Farsot (rather disappointing), and Serpentcult (awesome).

Dark Fortress were absolutely amazing, and especially Seraph's drumming was simply breathtaking...I consider him the perfect Black Metal-drummer...his drumming on Osiris is insane, and he pulls it off live just as well as on the record.

Some pictures of the show can be found here:
http://www.tati-net.de/gallery/concerts/DARKFORTRESS/

Setlist DARK FORTRESS (80 minutes approx.):

01. Ylem
02. CataWomb
03. Osiris
04. Evenfall
05. The Silver Gate
06. The Valley
07. CoHorror
08. Hirudineans
09. Like A Somnambulist In Daylight's Fire
10. Baphomet
-------------------------
11. Pilgrim Of The Nightly Spheres
12. Self-Mutilation

SerpentineVIVIVI
02-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Beast band. Can't wait til they hit the States someday.

Schaffi
02-20-2010, 01:27 PM
In an interview V. Santura said that they would like to do that, but that it is impossible for them at the moment because it is too expensive just to get there.

The original interview is in German, yet I tried to translate the relevant part:

"[...] A good example would be a tour offer Dark Fortress once received. We were offered the opportunity to support Cradle Of Filth on their US-tour, but Century Media USA didn't want to provide us a budget. We would have had to pay for the visas, the flights, etc. ourselves, which would have been more than 10000$. As a Norwegian band there would have been a fair chance that the state would have paid for these expenses, and we certainly would have done a US-tour by now. We would really like to, but all our efforts fail due to those incredibly high expenses just to get there. [...]"

The whole (German) interview can be found here:
http://vampster.com/artikel/show/34019_DARK-FORTRESS-Frei-von-Subventionen-und-Skandalen_.html