PDA

View Full Version : Mastodon -- Munich, Germany -- February 13th, 2010

Schaffi
02-13-2010, 02:26 PM
What an amazing show! Crack The Skye in its entirety is just epic live and the visuals(LED-Screen) were simply stunning. I wish they would have played a few more songs, though.
The support band was Totimoshi. Nothing spectacular, though...looks like we're getting crappier support bands, but a slightly longer Mastodon-set here in Germany :D

01. Oblivion
02. Divinations
03. Quintessence
04. The Czar
05. Ghost Of Karelia
06. Crack The Skye
07. The Last Baron
------------------------
08. Circle Of Cysquatch
09. Aqua Dementia
10. Where Strides The Behemoth
11. Mother Puncher
12. Iron Tusk
13. March of the Fire Ants

idrinkwine732
02-13-2010, 03:45 PM
How long do they intend to play CTS in its entirety?

TonyD
02-13-2010, 04:01 PM
For rizzle. This is just the Dethklok tour setlist with Iron Tusk/March tagged on.

bt11763
02-13-2010, 07:47 PM
fuck you got march of the fire ants AND iron tusk??? what the hell...

Schaffi
02-14-2010, 01:33 AM
How long do they intend to play CTS in its entirety?

Well, it's the first time they're touring Europe since the release of CTS. We've been waiting for CTS in its entirety for approximately eight months now. ;)
Maybe they'll change their set after this tour.

mastodon421
02-14-2010, 07:34 AM
I hope they change the set on their next US tour. I don't really want to see CTS in its entireity again.

es156
02-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I hope they change the set on their next US tour. I don't really want to see CTS in its entireity again.

I am fairly sure that the press release for the tour in April/May stated that they would be hitting cities that had not seen the full CTS show yet. I was under the impression that they would play the full album again, which is cool by me.

DethMaiden
02-14-2010, 12:17 PM
I am fairly sure that the press release for the tour in April/May stated that they would be hitting cities that had not seen the full CTS show yet. I was under the impression that they would play the full album again, which is cool by me.

Yeah, that's the deal. Which is great for me, because BTBAM, Baroness and Valient Thorr is a pretty huge upgrade from Dethklok, Converge, and High on Fire, and I haven't seen CTS in its entirety yet.

es156
02-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah, that's the deal. Which is great for me, because BTBAM, Baroness and Valient Thorr is a pretty huge upgrade from Dethklok, Converge, and High on Fire, and I haven't seen CTS in its entirety yet.

I've seen it twice and I still think it is cool. I think the package is a downgrade though. High On Fire was excellent and Dethklok was actually better than I expected. I am curious to see Baroness but I don't like BTBAM.

DethMaiden
02-14-2010, 12:25 PM
I've seen it twice and I still think it is cool. I think the package is a downgrade though. High On Fire was excellent and Dethklok was actually better than I expected. I am curious to see Baroness but I don't like BTBAM.

Purely a taste issue. I hate Converge, am not a big HOF fan, think Dethklok are a stupid joke that has been dragged out way too long, and I'm entertained by Valient Thorr, think Baroness have put out two masterpieces, and BTBAM are in my ten favorite bands of all time. So there's that. :D

mankvill
02-14-2010, 12:29 PM

They've been to Lawrence and Kansas City before and played CtS in its entirety both times. I guess I'm cool with it again, but I hope they have a big set afterwards of other material.

mastodon421
02-14-2010, 12:39 PM
They've been to Lawrence and Kansas City before and played CtS in its entirety both times. I guess I'm cool with it again, but I hope they have a big set afterwards of other material.

Me as well the only reason that CtS doesn't excite me as much live as their older material is because Brent does most of the vocals on Crack The Skye and I think Troy sounds a lot better live and is a better vocalist imo . I hope they pull out some crazy like Burning Man and hopefully they bring back Blood and Thunder.

On the subject of the touring package I am way more excited for this tour. Mainly because Mastodon and BTBAM are my two favorite bands. Plus you throw in Baroness who is also amazing. The last tour was quite good as well I mean High on Fire is another one of my faves and I dig Converge quite a bit as well but I think this lineup outdoes the last leg for sure. I am still kicking myself for not going to the last leg simply for the chance to see High On Fire.

jhdeity
02-15-2010, 09:33 AM
yeah I prefer this group of bands myself. I was actually pleasantly surprised at Valient Thorr. The name suggests viking type power metal to me but they're more like Suicidal Tendencies or Municipal Waste than viking power metal. Would prefer High on Fire but going to be a great show regardless.

neck666face
02-16-2010, 08:50 PM
i have seen it twice in full
coachella and the dethklok tour
both times it was pretty rad but im craving
more blood mountain the only song i have gotten live from it m
is circle of cysquatch