PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Now Playing' Thread Part XIX

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-15-2010, 10:41 AM
The Toy Master
The Scarecrow
Avantasia

So fucking epic. Harmonic minor + Alice Cooper = :drool:

mankvill
04-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Red Water (Christmas Mourning)
October Rust
Type O Negative

ADD
04-15-2010, 10:59 AM
My mother was a witch
She was burned alive

mankvill
04-15-2010, 11:04 AM
My mother was a witch
She was burned alive

Thankless little bitch
For the tears I criiiiied

Crionics
04-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare-All)
Bloody Kisses
Type O Negative

Indestructible
04-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Let Me Hear You Scream
Scream
Ozzy Osbourne

This song blows.

Agreed. Its not that good.

Dead Again
Dead Again
Type O Negative

Maiden33
04-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I actually don't have that one yet. It's the only one of theirs that I am missing. Where did you get it? I have not seen it for sale any cheaper than import price, around 30.00 so I have been waiting.

I just downloaded it. :eyes:

Maiden33
04-15-2010, 11:30 AM
The Toy Master
The Scarecrow
Avantasia

So fucking epic. Harmonic minor + Alice Cooper = :drool:

"Death is Just a Feeling" from Angel of Babylon is everything that song could/should have been. Get to listening! :D

daimonos
04-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Let Me Hear You Scream
Scream
Ozzy Osbourne

Doesn't sound TOO bad but...

"Go hard or go home"?

Seriously Ozzy...?

jhdeity
04-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Angry Neurotic Catholics
Retaliation
Carnivore

I'm suffering from depression
the anger turned within
what do I gain for all my pain
perhaps a seat in heaven?

Don't do what you want
do what you're taught is right
your life is built on paranoia and guilt
don't forget your valium tonight...

TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN PENNED...

jhdeity
04-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Let Me Hear You Scream
Scream
Ozzy Osbourne

Doesn't sound TOO bad but...

"Go hard or go home"?

Seriously Ozzy...?

I don't mind that line since it's an inside joke with some of my friends. I just don't like how poppy it is. 98 Rock who plays Nickelback and Theory of a Deadman all day is playing the shit out of it. They actually played it after Rock Sugar which made it sound great that 1 time. hahaha

Maiden33
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Newborn Tomorrow
When Worlds Collide
Sinbreed

Well, this pretty much fucking rules.

Great old school German power metal.

mankvill
04-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Angry Neurotic Catholics
Retaliation
Carnivore

I'm suffering from depression
the anger turned within
what do I gain for all my pain
perhaps a seat in heaven?

Don't do what you want
do what you're taught is right
your life is built on paranoia and guilt
don't forget your valium tonight...

TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN PENNED...

:horns::horns::horns:

I Don't Wanna Be Me
Life Is Killing Me
Type O Negative

:light:

Indestructible
04-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Anesthsia
Life Is Killing Me
Type O Negative

DethMaiden
04-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Sear Me
As the Flower Withers
My Dying Bride

Maiden33
04-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Infinity's Call
When Worlds Collide
Sinbreed

Oh yeah, this is awesome.

DethMaiden
04-15-2010, 12:16 PM
She Is the Dark
The Light At the End of the World
My Dying Bride

Top 5 MDB song for me. :horns:

Maiden33
04-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Room 101
When Worlds Collide
Sinbreed

Ballads and slow songs? We don't need them.

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Derelict
04-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Black Sabbath
Nativity in Black
Type O Negative

looooooooove this cover

DethMaiden
04-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Race War
Retaliation
Carnivore

:rocker:

The Green and Black
04-15-2010, 12:54 PM
I just downloaded it. :eyes:

:eek: I was afraid you would say that! LOL! So, we differ there, I don't download anything. I like to have the physical CDs. I don't even have an mp3 player, ipod etc, because I haven't found one big enough (also affordable with good ratiings) that would hold all the albums in my collection!

The Green and Black
04-15-2010, 12:56 PM
"Death is Just a Feeling" from Angel of Babylon is everything that song could/should have been. Get to listening! :D

Jon Oliva! :fist::metal:

DethMaiden
04-15-2010, 01:06 PM
The Crown of Sympathy
Turn Loose the Swans
My Dying Bride

:drool:

Indestructible
04-15-2010, 01:34 PM
martyr
soul of a new machine
Fear Factory

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-15-2010, 01:58 PM
I haven't gave a listen to the two new Avantasia ones. I do plan on it eventually, I have them on my I-Pod, I just haven't had the time with studies and shit. But regardless of how potentially good the Oliva one will be, The Toy Master is still good. Quite frankly I think it's a monster track.

Virgin Skies
Legendary Tales
Rhapsody Of Fire

mankvill
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Virgin Skies
Legendary Tales
Rhapsody Of Fire

:nonono: That's Rhapsody, not RoF!

Anesthesia
Life Is Killing Me
Type O Negative

Maiden33
04-15-2010, 02:22 PM
:eek: I was afraid you would say that! LOL! So, we differ there, I don't download anything. I like to have the physical CDs. I don't even have an mp3 player, ipod etc, because I haven't found one big enough (also affordable with good ratiings) that would hold all the albums in my collection!

Hey, I buy CDs too, a lot of them. Probably more than I should, though that's slowed down more recently. I tend to use downloading as a screening process. Unless a band I can absolutely count on to release an album I want to own (this year: Avantasia, Iron Maiden) that will be available easily upon release, I will always just download something when it leaks. If I like it enough to want to own it, I will then buy it, but if not, I save my money. I don't have a fundamental problem with doing things this way. Keeps money in my pocket instead of wasting it on mediocre, regretted purchases, and allows me to wait to track down the albums I want at the prices I want to pay for them, when I want to pay for them.

And on the subject of mp3 players... Zune. Get a 120 GB player. I resisted players for a long time, but I have had this for about 6 months and am absolutely in love with it still. I don't know how big of a music collection we're talking about in your case, but I have about 6,000 songs (about 600 albums) in my player as of now, and it's not even close to half full. Unless you have some absolutely absurd collection, the space should suit all your needs.

DethMaiden
04-15-2010, 02:42 PM
September Sun
Dead Again
Type O Negative

:light:

The Green and Black
04-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Hey, I buy CDs too, a lot of them. Probably more than I should, though that's slowed down more recently. I tend to use downloading as a screening process. Unless a band I can absolutely count on to release an album I want to own (this year: Avantasia, Iron Maiden) that will be available easily upon release, I will always just download something when it leaks. If I like it enough to want to own it, I will then buy it, but if not, I save my money. I don't have a fundamental problem with doing things this way. Keeps money in my pocket instead of wasting it on mediocre, regretted purchases, and allows me to wait to track down the albums I want at the prices I want to pay for them, when I want to pay for them.

I totally get it! I used to download stuff a lot when I was first getting into different metal bands, so there was a time when I did EXACTLY the same thing you are doing. I get a lot of my music from FYE now though since everything is now 9.99 or less for all CDs, and I have been able to find a lot of cool metal there, and they have listening stations, so I can preview them first. Of course I typically use youtube to listen to albums before I decide to even bother looking for them in stores or ordering them. So I guess I am still sorta doing the same thing as you. :lol: If I like it, I'll buy it, and when/if the tour hits, I try to get the bands to sign the covers!

And on the subject of mp3 players... Zune. Get a 120 GB player. I resisted players for a long time, but I have had this for about 6 months and am absolutely in love with it still. I don't know how big of a music collection we're talking about in your case, but I have about 6,000 songs (about 600 albums) in my player as of now, and it's not even close to half full. Unless you have some absolutely absurd collection, the space should suit all your needs.

Funny you should mention the Zune. I was looking at this exact model, but was hoping they would make one with more space. I know 120 GB is a lot for a music player, but I do have what you would call an absurd sized collection. I started making a list of my CDs a while ago, and I'm only up to letter G and I'm at 615 already, and that doesn't include anything new I have bought in the past say, 2 years maybe. It's all metal and hard rock stuff. No pop, top 40, rap or anything of the sort. :D

Maiden33
04-15-2010, 03:54 PM
I totally get it! I used to download stuff a lot when I was first getting into different metal bands, so there was a time when I did EXACTLY the same thing you are doing. I get a lot of my music from FYE now though since everything is now 9.99 or less for all CDs, and I have been able to find a lot of cool metal there, and they have listening stations, so I can preview them first. Of course I typically use youtube to listen to albums before I decide to even bother looking for them in stores or ordering them. So I guess I am still sorta doing the same thing as you. :lol: If I like it, I'll buy it, and when/if the tour hits, I try to get the bands to sign the covers!

I know what you're saying, but I've still found FYE is pretty slow with getting new releases - virtually everything I care about anymore is import-only for at least a month or two after its release. I guess you could say I'm impatient, but I just can't wait when I KNOW something's out there. Also, I really dislike those FYE "listening stations", because you can't really make a great judgment on something by listening to about 30 seconds of the songs - generally speaking. I've seen many mediocre/regrettable albums sneak through that guard.

Funny you should mention the Zune. I was looking at this exact model, but was hoping they would make one with more space. I know 120 GB is a lot for a music player, but I do have what you would call an absurd sized collection. I started making a list of my CDs a while ago, and I'm only up to letter G and I'm at 615 already, and that doesn't include anything new I have bought in the past say, 2 years maybe. It's all metal and hard rock stuff. No pop, top 40, rap or anything of the sort. :D

Alright, well if I had to make a guesstimate, I'd say you could definitely get 1,800 albums in the Zune I have (given how much space I have filled up and what I have in it). I have abut 35 gigs filled, with 600 albums in it. I've barely hit a quarter of the capacity. Now, I'm not saying it would fit your entire collection (given what you said, it wouldn't), but I can't even fathom that amount of space not being enough to satisfy you. You couldn't convince me you NEED to have all of your music in one place, and the product becomes obsolete if you can't fit every single thing you own it - because I own a number of albums that will simply never be put on my player, even though I have all the space in the world. I just have no need/desire to have some things. I think even with a music collection that large, you could be very satisfied with the storage 120 gbs would give you.

Indestructible
04-15-2010, 04:04 PM
If people could afford to buy all the albums they ever wanted they wouldnt download. I think downloading helps people get into the very underground metal bands. Definetly here in Buffalo and other places in the U.S.

September sun
dead again
type o negative

R.I.P
Peter Steele

The Green and Black
04-15-2010, 04:16 PM
I know what you're saying, but I've still found FYE is pretty slow with getting new releases - virtually everything I care about anymore is import-only for at least a month or two after its release. I guess you could say I'm impatient, but I just can't wait when I KNOW something's out there. Also, I really dislike those FYE "listening stations", because you can't really make a great judgment on something by listening to about 30 seconds of the songs - generally speaking. I've seen many mediocre/regrettable albums sneak through that guard.

I am impatient too, but sometimes I find it hard to keep up with all the new releases, even by my favorite bands, so being sidetracked, I don't mind the wait so much. FYE near me is hit or miss. Like I found the new Scorpions, Overkill, Hammerfall and Megadeth without a problem. But I'm still waiting for them to get the new Poisonblack, latest WASP and Europe albums.

I can't even fathom that amount of space not being enough to satisfy you. You couldn't convince me you NEED to have all of your music in one place, and the product becomes obsolete if you can't fit every single thing you own it - I think even with a music collection that large, you could be very satisfied with the storage 120 gbs would give you.

You have a lot to learn about me! :lol: But seriously though, I have considered it. But another issue for me would be time. I don't even want to think how long it would take me to load say, 1800 albums into the device.

Maiden33
04-15-2010, 04:24 PM
I am impatient too, but sometimes I find it hard to keep up with all the new releases, even by my favorite bands, so being sidetracked, I don't mind the wait so much. FYE near me is hit or miss. Like I found the new Scorpions, Overkill, Hammerfall and Megadeth without a problem. But I'm still waiting for them to get the new Poisonblack, latest WASP and Europe albums.

You have a lot to learn about me! :lol: But seriously though, I have considered it. But another issue for me would be time. I don't even want to think how long it would take me to load say, 1800 albums into the device.

Yeah, putting everything in is a bitch. If you're just ripping from the real disc (which in your case, if you own everything, you would), it's very simple. You won't to have to hunt to find album covers, manually enter information, or anything like that.

Yeah, FYE can be pretty good, but for example:

My favorite albums from this year thus far have been from Avantasia, Wuthering Heights, Sinbreed, Royal Hunt, White Wizzard, Jon Oliva's Pain, and Tarot. How many of these are currently available at FYE, even though many of them came out a few months ago? One - White Wizzard.

Oh yeah, I don't know if you're on Facebook or Myspace or whatever, but feel free to add me. I'll give you the link(s) if you want.

The Green and Black
04-15-2010, 04:24 PM
If people could afford to buy all the albums they ever wanted they wouldnt download. I think downloading helps people get into the very underground metal bands. Definetly here in Buffalo and other places in the U.S.

September sun
dead again
type o negative

R.I.P
Peter Steele

I have no problem with downloading. But I do have an issue with people who exclusively download. Particularly with people who can surely afford to buy albums, but would rather download, and then whine about why their particular genre is dead. I make copies of albums for people all the time, because I know (or hope) if they like it, they will buy their own copy, or at least go see the band in concert with me, buy a t-shirt or show their support in some way. I personally don't download anymore because 1) I love liner notes, album art, pictures, lyrics etc. 2) I don't want to upset some artist with a cause and risk getting sued or something retarded. 3) I don't want to infect my computer with every virus known to man. Perhaps I am being too paranoid, or perhaps I just really really really like owning CDs.

Indestructible
04-15-2010, 04:35 PM
I have no problem with downloading. But I do have an issue with people who exclusively download. Particularly with people who can surely afford to buy albums, but would rather download, and then whine about why their particular genre is dead. I make copies of albums for people all the time, because I know (or hope) if they like it, they will buy their own copy, or at least go see the band in concert with me, buy a t-shirt or show their support in some way. I personally don't download anymore because 1) I love liner notes, album art, pictures, lyrics etc. 2) I don't want to upset some artist with a cause and risk getting sued or something retarded. 3) I don't want to infect my computer with every virus known to man. Perhaps I am being too paranoid, or perhaps I just really really really like owning CDs.

I sometimes download but I dont have money to buy albums all the time. I also buy from i tunes. I tunes and downloading are good for me to get into bands. FYE is going under so some lesser known bands might be hard to find at stores.

Halloween in heaven
Dead again
Type o negative

R.I.P
Peter
Steele

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-15-2010, 04:45 PM
:nonono: That's Rhapsody, not RoF!

You're technically correct, BUT..........I don't care. hehe :D

Death Walking Terror
Kill
Cannibal Corpse

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

The Green and Black
04-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah, FYE can be pretty good, but for example:

My favorite albums from this year thus far have been from Avantasia, Wuthering Heights, Sinbreed, Royal Hunt, White Wizzard, Jon Oliva's Pain, and Tarot. How many of these are currently available at FYE, even though many of them came out a few months ago? One - White Wizzard.

Oh yeah, I don't know if you're on Facebook or Myspace or whatever, but feel free to add me. I'll give you the link(s) if you want.

I still don't own the new Avantasia or Jon's latest. But I have been listening to them like crazy on youtube, so I'm up to speed even if I don't own the physical albums yet. FYE didn't have them the last time I checked, and Century Media has been out of stock forever now, it seems. But I'm going to check FYE tomorrow since they do carry the older Avantasia and Jon Oliva's Pain albums surprisingly, I am hoping they have the new ones by now. I didn't even know Wuthering Heights had a new album. I love those guys, I guess I better get on it! Going to look that up right now.

And I know this is hard to believe, but I am not on myspace anymore and have never been on facebook. But I suggest that the next show we are both at, maybe we could try and meet up there or something.

Indestructible
04-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity
Slow Deep and Hard
Type O Negative

R.I.P Peter Steele

illninoese
04-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Through My Eyes
Vigilance
Threat Signal

daimonos
04-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Perfect Dehumanisation (The Answer)
Nihility
Decapitated

Maiden33
04-15-2010, 05:59 PM
No Turning Back
Desert Call
Myrath

Holy crap this is good. I need to listen to the rest of the disc, but if it's even approaching the awesomeness of this tune, I am in for a real treat.

Derelict
04-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Prelude to Agony
Slow, Deep, and Hard
Type O Negative

RIP

evildeadjedi
04-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Priestess
Hello Master
Lay Down :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

PowerMaiden
04-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Amon Amarth
Once Sent From The Golden Hall
Amon Amarth

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

evildeadjedi
04-15-2010, 06:53 PM
The Sword
Freya
Age of Winters
:horns::rocker::blaze:

PowerMaiden
04-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Gods Of War Arise
With Oden On Our Side
Amon Amarth

:devil:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

makethemsuffer12
04-15-2010, 07:04 PM
God of Emptiness
Retribution
Obscura

Awesome cover.

evildeadjedi
04-15-2010, 07:07 PM
The Sword
The Horned Goddess
Age of Winters

Now Iron Swan:rocker:

PowerMaiden
04-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Black Sabbath
Nativity In Black: A Tribute To Black Sabbath
Type O Negative

RIP buddy

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Maiden33
04-15-2010, 08:28 PM
I actually don't have that one yet. It's the only one of theirs that I am missing. Where did you get it? I have not seen it for sale any cheaper than import price, around 30.00 so I have been waiting.

You're welcome:

http://www.impulsemusic.com/catalog/detail.asp?id=11961

I've never had a problem with Impulse, so I would recommend pursuing that. Hell, I may have to do so myself.

IrritatedTrout
04-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Lick Your Fingers Clean
Aqualung
Jethro Tull

Maiden33
04-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Far From the End of the World
Far From the End of the World (Single)
Masterplan

mastodon421
04-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags
Twilight Of The Thunder God
Amon Amrath

God damn NEMHF is gonna be awesome.

mankvill
04-16-2010, 10:39 AM
I Like Goils
Life Is Killing Me
Type O Negative

Crionics
04-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Circle of Cysquatch
Blood Mountain
Mastodon

Can't wait to see these guys Sunday..

IrritatedTrout
04-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Circle of Cysquatch
Blood Mountain
Mastodon

Gonna be a cool show.

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Vengeance Rising
Armada
Keep Of Kalessin

The Green and Black
04-16-2010, 01:07 PM
You're welcome:

http://www.impulsemusic.com/catalog/detail.asp?id=11961

I've never had a problem with Impulse, so I would recommend pursuing that. Hell, I may have to do so myself.

Nice! Thanks a lot! I will be placing an order sometime today. :party:

Indestructible
04-16-2010, 01:32 PM
It's Never Enough
The Least Worst Of Type O Negative
Type O Negative

Fires Of Sedition
04-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Mario Minor
Metal Kombat For The Mortal Man
Powerglove

DO THE MARIO

TonyD
04-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Circle of Cysquatch
Blood Mountain
Mastodon

Better post that set!

It Ain't Like That
Facelift
Alice In Chains

Crionics
04-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Better post that set!

It Ain't Like That
Facelift
Alice In Chains

Oh I will! Unless Trout beats me to it :D

Ghost of Karelia
Crack the Skye
Mastodon

DethMaiden
04-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Blood Born Doom
When All Became None
Coffinworm

Finally came in the mail. :bouville: :eek: :punk:

Fires Of Sedition
04-16-2010, 04:43 PM
ShadowFear
Impressions In Blood
Vader

IrritatedTrout
04-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Oh I will! Unless Trout beats me to it :D

Ghost of Karelia
Crack the Skye
Mastodon

You'll probably beat me, I gotta drive all the way back to Harrisonburg after the show.

Divinations
Crack The Skye
Mastodon

Fires Of Sedition
04-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Impure
Necropolis
Vader

DethMaiden
04-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Spitting Into Infinity's Asshole
When All Became None
Coffinworm

This album is fucking UGLY...I need to listen more but my gut reaction is I have a new #1.

Crionics
04-16-2010, 05:06 PM
You'll probably beat me, I gotta drive all the way back to Harrisonburg after the show.

Divinations
Crack The Skye
Mastodon

Oh, I might need your help for BTBAM's set, I only have 2 of their albums

Rise Above
Damaged
Black Flag

Fires Of Sedition
04-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Storm Eagle
Total Pwnage
Powerglove

DethMaiden
04-16-2010, 05:14 PM
High on the Reek of Your Burning Remains
When All Became None
Coffinworm

:eek:

Fires Of Sedition
04-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Power Rangers
Total Pwnage
Powerglove

SomewhereInTime72
04-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Babylon's Pride
Nihility
Decapitated

ChildrenofSodom
04-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Faux Semblants
Amesoeurs
Amesoeurs

ADD
04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Exo and Remi
The Best Of
Mac Dre

JRA
04-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Highway Star (Roger Glover Remix)
Machine Head
Deep Purple

Maiden33
04-17-2010, 08:13 AM
Every Day
Greed
Silent Call

Very good thus far, could've done without the random screaming after the 2nd chorus. Andi sounds great though.

Maiden33
04-17-2010, 08:17 AM
I Am My Nation
Greed
Silent Call

Been loving this since the video came out a few weeks ago, the enjoyment continues.

Maiden33
04-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Turn the Tide
Greed
Silent Call

Maiden33
04-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Unbreakable
Greed
Silent Call

Wow, this is fucking good.

Maiden33
04-17-2010, 09:10 AM
The Wages of Greed
Greed
Silent Call

Maiden33
04-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Too late
The Crest
Axel Rudi Pell

Well.. it sounds like Axel Rudi Pell, no surprise there.

Crionics
04-17-2010, 09:36 AM
March of the Fire Ants
Remission
Mastodon

ADD
04-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Rice Burner
Solace

Sanitarium78
04-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Wolf Moon
October Rust
Type O Negative

ADD
04-17-2010, 11:53 AM
NOW I KNOW WHY YOU'VE BEEN TAKEN

Indestructible
04-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Love You To Death
October Rust
Type O Negative

R.I.P Peter Steele(1962-2010)

Fires Of Sedition
04-17-2010, 01:50 PM
The Lonely Dead
IV: Constitution Of Treason
God Forbid

mankvill
04-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Modern day warrior
His name's Tom Sawyer
He floated down a river on a raft with a black guy

ravenheart
04-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Well.. it sounds like Axel Rudi Pell, no surprise there.

That's reminded me I need to listen to this. Only had it for two weeks. Lol.

ravenheart
04-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Rice Burner
Solace

Yes! :rocker:

ravenheart
04-17-2010, 03:24 PM
The Wages of Greed
Greed
Silent Call

Yeah alright, you listened to the new Silent Call and liked it, we get it.

IrritatedTrout
04-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Oh, I might need your help for BTBAM's set, I only have 2 of their albums

Rise Above
Damaged
Black Flag

Not a fan so I won't be any help.

Iron Tusk
Leviathan
Mastodon

JRA
04-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Black Night
Deep Purple

Indestructible
04-17-2010, 04:34 PM
What Will Become
Digimortal
Fear Factory

Fires Of Sedition
04-17-2010, 05:35 PM
(Go To) California
The Sinister Urge
Rob Zombie

DethMaiden
04-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Stagnant Pond
The Tenant
Ludicra

First listen, here goes.

TonyD
04-17-2010, 06:15 PM
This (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138678)
I can't wait

DethMaiden
04-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Clean White Void
The Tenant
Ludicra

Okay, this song sold me. I thought it was just pretty good until now but this is fucking fantastic.

PowerMaiden
04-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Gods Of War Arise
With Oden On Our Side
Amon Amarth

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Rapture
Covenant
Morbid Angel

PowerMaiden
04-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Rapture
Covenant
Morbid Angel

happy birthday buddy :horns:

NP - Victorious March - AA

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
04-17-2010, 07:29 PM
happy birthday buddy :horns:

NP - Victorious March - AA

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Thanks chum! :D

World of Shit (The Promised Land)
Covenant
Morbid Angel

Fires Of Sedition
04-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Reclaim My Place
Follow The Leader
Korn

JRA
04-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Angel of Disease
Covenant
Morbid Angel

FUCKING SHIT!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Addendum: While I disagree with Boris's opinion on the rest of the album, I will agree that this is by far the best song on the album.

ADD
04-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Mexican Blackbird
Fandango!
ZZ Top

daimonos
04-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Vremea Locului Sortit
Maiestrit
Negura Bunget

JRA
04-17-2010, 08:27 PM
The Somberlain
The Somberlain
Dissection

Fires Of Sedition
04-17-2010, 10:06 PM
A Distorted Utopia
The Eternal Return
Darkest Hour

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-18-2010, 06:37 AM
The Heart Collector
Dead Heart In A Dead World
Nevermore

:bliss:

makethemsuffer12
04-18-2010, 07:19 AM
The Heart Collector
Dead Heart In A Dead World
Nevermore

NEVER MORE TO FEEL THE PAIN!

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-18-2010, 07:38 AM
NEVER MORE TO FEEL THE PAIN!

Beautiful song, it's so inspiring. Easily one of my favorites on DHIADW.

The Last Enemy
Rise Of The Tyrant
Arch Enemy

Crionics
04-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Fossil Genera- A Feed From Cloud Mountain
The Great Misdirect
Between the Buried and Me

JRA
04-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Ride The Lightning
Ride The Lightning
Metallica

JRA
04-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Am I Evil?
Creeping Death EP
Metallica

Derelict
04-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Like I Love You
Plagiarized
Dillinger Escape Plan

This always make me chuckle

DethMaiden
04-18-2010, 10:48 AM
A Celebration for the Death of Man...
The Mantle
Agalloch

Fires Of Sedition
04-18-2010, 10:59 AM
State Unknown
Central Tunnel Eight
Cipher System

Derelict
04-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Evil Inside
Far From the Sun
Amorphis

mastodon421
04-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Attack
Hypontize
System Of A Down

daimonos
04-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Cursed in Eternity
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Mayhem

Finally found this album on CD, and yes it does live up to the hype.

ravenheart
04-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Collapse The Lies
Dark World Burden
Painside

Something for Dickinson fans here. Pretty decent.

Fires Of Sedition
04-18-2010, 11:20 AM
As Good As Dead
Malice
Through The Eyes Of The Dead

ADD
04-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Swords and tequila carry me through the fight

ADD
04-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Himalaya is my old time stompin ground

Derelict
04-18-2010, 11:47 AM
The Decade of Statues
Colors
Between the Buried and Me

Fires Of Sedition
04-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Hades Rising
The Fathomless Mastery
Bloodbath

ravenheart
04-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Book of Life
When Worlds Collide
SinBreed

Just getting round to listening to this. It's lacking in something we Englishmen would call "bollocks". Disappointing.

ravenheart
04-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Sandbag
Acoustic Sessions
Trippy Wicked & The Cosmic Children of The Knight

Awesomeness.

DethMaiden
04-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Just getting round to listening to this. It's lacking in something we Englishmen would call "bollocks". Disappointing.

Never mind the bollocks...

Maiden33
04-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Book of Life
When Worlds Collide
SinBreed

I really liked that album - but hey, what else is new?

ravenheart
04-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Never mind the bollocks...

Lol, slightly different usage there ;)

ravenheart
04-18-2010, 12:17 PM
I really liked that album - but hey, what else is new?

Yeah, but widdly stuff is your thing ;)

ravenheart
04-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Fear Cave
Dark Ages
Bison B.C.

Fires Of Sedition
04-18-2010, 12:35 PM
This Mortal Coil
Heartwork
Carcass

JRA
04-18-2010, 12:49 PM
This Mortal Coil
Heartwork
Carcass

:horns:

A Land Forlorn
The Somberlain
Dissection

SomewhereInTime72
04-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Desecration Smile
Stadium Arcadium (Mars)
Red Hot Chili Peppers

JRA
04-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Frozen
The Somberliain
Dissection

ravenheart
04-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Who I Am Is How I Kill
White Trash Devil In A Jesus Christ Pose
Man.Machine.Industry

Hmmm...

SomewhereInTime72
04-18-2010, 01:17 PM
If
Stadium Arcadium (Mars)
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Fires Of Sedition
04-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Gore Terror
For Maggots To Devour
Torture Killer

ravenheart
04-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Regrets
Guardian Angel
Divided Multitude

Fires Of Sedition
04-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Under A Somber Sign
The Hinderers
Dth

SomewhereInTime72
04-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Death of a Martian
Stadium Arcadium (Mars)
Red Hot Chili Peppers

mastodon421
04-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Black
Ten
Pearl Jam

ravenheart
04-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Shinebox
We Do What We Want
Snew

mankvill
04-18-2010, 03:13 PM
YOU CAN TRY TO PRAY TO YOUR GOD
BUT IT IS TOO LATE
WE HAVE COME TO SETTLE THE SCORE
PUNISHMENT IS DEATH!

ravenheart
04-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Abyss
Slave To The System
Slave To The System

One of my favourite albums of all time, right here.

DethMaiden
04-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Abyss
Slave To The System
Slave To The System

One of my favourite albums of all time, right here.

One of the only concerts I've ever seen where I regretted the time and money that was spent there.

mastodon421
04-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Collapsing
The World Is A Thorn
Demon Hunter

DethMaiden
04-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Halloween in Heaven
Dead Again
Type O Negative

"If only I'd known how cool death is I'd have killed myself sooner." Hope you were right, buddy. :light:

JRA
04-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Funeral Fog
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Mayhem

ravenheart
04-18-2010, 04:57 PM
One of the only concerts I've ever seen where I regretted the time and money that was spent there.

I hope they eventually get together for another album and actually tour Europe. I expect to love it!

In the mean time, Damon Johnson acoustic solo album = win.

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Dying Season
The Evolution Of Chaos
Heathen

Gets better every time :shred:

mankvill
04-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Cometh Down Hessian
Blessed Black Wings
High On Fire

One of the best heavy metal songs ever. Period.

DethMaiden
04-18-2010, 06:50 PM
NEVER COMING DOWN FROM THE TREES
NEVER BENDING DOWN ON MY KNEES

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Derelict
04-18-2010, 07:12 PM
World Coming Down
World Coming Down
Type O Negative

DethMaiden
04-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Castellorizon
On An Island
David Gilmour

JRA
04-18-2010, 08:30 PM
The Heart Beneath
Vanity/Nemesis
Celtic Frost

Kinda cool actually.

JRA
04-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Wine In My Hand (Third From The Sun)
Vanity/Nemesis
Celtic Frost

:eek: THRAAAAAASSSHHH!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

DethMaiden
04-18-2010, 08:42 PM
The Sadistic Rites of Count Tabernacula
When All Became None
Coffinworm

:bowdown:

mankvill
04-18-2010, 09:25 PM
The Sadistic Rites of Count Tabernacula
When All Became None
Coffinworm

Everytime you post this band, I think of Wormrot instead.

DethMaiden
04-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Everytime you post this band, I think of Wormrot instead.

Well, go listen to Coffinworm and get yo mind fixed!

At the Heart of Winter
At the Heart of Winter
Immortal

Maiden33
04-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Far From the End of the World
Far From the End of the World (Single)
Masterplan

Derelict
04-19-2010, 04:49 AM
Ode to Locksmiths
Dead Again
Type O Negative

The Green and Black
04-19-2010, 05:35 AM
The Saints
Gambling With The Devil
Helloween

ravenheart
04-19-2010, 06:00 AM
On With The Show
Facemelter
Y&T

Hmm, this isn't that great.

ravenheart
04-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Decadence Dance
Take Us Alive! Boston 2009
Extreme

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Sur l'autre Rive je T'attendrai
Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde
Alcest

:drool: Saturday!

Fires Of Sedition
04-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Elegy: Deception/Lament/Triumph
Terminate Damnation
Becoming The Archetype

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 11:51 AM
The Cry of Mankind
The Angel and the Dark River
My Dying Bride

:bouville:

The Green and Black
04-19-2010, 12:24 PM
On With The Show
Facemelter
Y&T

Hmm, this isn't that great.

Really? :confused: I have not heard it yet, but had sorta high expectations.

Maiden33
04-19-2010, 12:30 PM

Don't be too alarmed. Ravenheart is notorious for unintentionally going against the status quo. Due to previous experiences, I've come to get somewhat excited when he gives something negative feedback. :D

But he did give my band's CD a pretty good review, so... :eyes:

ravenheart
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM

So did I. I'm a big Y&T fan. I even like the albums no one else does. But this is weak. Ordinary riffs, crappy lyrics, not much in the way of interesting lead guitar. It's like someone doing bad covers of Y&T.

Really, really disappointed.

ravenheart
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
But he did give my band's CD a pretty good review, so... :eyes:

I liked your CD so... it's shit? ;)

Fires Of Sedition
04-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Headless
Gallery Of Suicide
Cannibal Corpse

The Green and Black
04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
I liked your CD so... it's shit? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fires Of Sedition
04-19-2010, 03:06 PM
How The Story Ends
Endgame
Megadeth

SomewhereInTime72
04-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Lament
The Night Watch
King Crimson

daimonos
04-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Allfadr Odinn
Hordanes Land
Enslaved

Damn you Dimmu Borgir for stealing that riff!!! :mad:

daimonos
04-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Balfar (Andi Fara/Prologr)
Hordanes Land
Enslaved

Epic.

ravenheart
04-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Cross To Bear
Phase Reverse
Phase Reverse

The Green and Black
04-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Living Under Ice
Defying the Rules
Hibria

daimonos
04-19-2010, 05:51 PM
United in Deception
AssassiNation
Krisiun

The Green and Black
04-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Living Under Ice
Defying the Rules
Hibria

United in Deception
AssassiNation
Krisiun

http://smileys.smilchat.net/smileys/numbers/gdrapbresil.gif

daimonos
04-19-2010, 05:56 PM
http://smileys.smilchat.net/smileys/numbers/gdrapbresil.gif

:lol:

Nice. Never heard of Hibria before, I'll check them out.

Decimated
AssassiNation
Krisiun

SomewhereInTime72
04-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)
Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd

mankvill
04-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Why Do You Bother?
Complete Discocrappy
Charles Bronson

YOU LOOK THE PART AT ALL THE COOL SHOWS
TAKE OFF THAT COSTUME AND LET US ALL KNOW
THAT YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER FUCKING GEEK WHO CAN'T DECIDE
IF YOU SHOULD GET YOUR BOOTS OR JUST GO GET HIGH

ADD
04-19-2010, 06:55 PM
IF YOU SHOULD GET YOUR BOOTS OR JUST GO GET HIGH

:wtf:

Effigy
Willy and the Poor Boys
Creedence Clearwater Revival

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Uroboric Forms
Focus
Cynic

Hey, I'm gonna see this live probably! :party:

mankvill
04-19-2010, 08:09 PM
:wtf:

Effigy
Willy and the Poor Boys
Creedence Clearwater Revival

Those boots that all the punx kids wear.

Maiden33
04-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Living Under Ice
Defying the Rules
Hibria

One of the best debut albums ever made, in my opinion. Bold statement, but I really love that disc.

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Seeing Red
First Demo Tape
Minor Threat

mankvill
04-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Seeing Red
First Demo Tape
Minor Threat

RED

I'm seeing

RED!

All day long tomorrow, I will be blasting:

Straight Edge
Complete Discography
Minor Threat

and

Dopesmoker
Dopesmoker
Sleep

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 08:28 PM
RED

I'm seeing

RED!

Straight Edge
Complete Discography
Minor Threat

and

Dopesmoker
Dopesmoker
Sleep

:lol: :fist: You da man manks.

The Dreadful Hours
The Dreadful Hours
My Dying Bride

Derelict
04-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Man Should Surrender
Trait
Pailhead

ADD
04-19-2010, 09:20 PM

Straight Edge
Complete Discography
Minor Threat

and

Dopesmoker
Dopesmoker
Sleep

Excellent :fist:

A Looming Resonance
Malevolent Grain
Wolves in the Throne Room

Tomorrow night :bouville:

mankvill
04-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Excellent :fist:

A Looming Resonance
Malevolent Grain
Wolves in the Throne Room

Tomorrow night :bouville:

SHIIIIIIIT I wanna see WITTR so bad. ;_; you best come through with a setlist mah brutha

From Beyond
Sleep's Holy Mountain
Sleep

mastodon421
04-20-2010, 05:17 AM
Backwards Marathon
Alaska
Between The Buried and Me

Natrlhi
04-20-2010, 05:41 AM
Evil Power
Evil Power
Lair of the Minotaur

Holy shit, I had no idea how good this song actually is until I listened to it on album. The MySpace sample didn't do this song justice at all. :eek:

In fact, this whole damned album is fucking killer. :rocker:

Derelict
04-20-2010, 05:53 AM
Hey Peter
Origin of the Feces
Type O Negative

Heeeeeeeeeey Peter, where you going, with that ax in your hand?

Natrlhi
04-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Let's Kill These Motherfuckers
Evil Power
Lair of the Minotaur

Mmmmm...punky. :punk:

WE FUCKED THEM ALL
LET'S FUCK THEM ALL AGAIN
LET'S KILL THESE MOTHERFUCKERS!

WE FUCKED THEM ALL
LET'S FUCK THEM 'TIL THEY'RE DEAD

JRA
04-20-2010, 06:43 AM
Unholy Blasphemies
Blessed Are The Sick
Morbid Angel

mastodon421
04-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Machine Gun Funk
Ready To Die
Notorious B.I.G

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Crionics
Show No Mercy
Slayer

The bridge lick is freaking sick. Easily one of Slayer's most melodic solo's as well. Kickass song/album :rocker:

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Worth Fighting For
Angel Of Retribution
Judas Priest

idrinkwine732
04-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Let's Kill These Motherfuckers
Evil Power
Lair of the Minotaur

Mmmmm...punky. :punk:

WE FUCKED THEM ALL
LET'S FUCK THEM ALL AGAIN

WE FUCKED THEM ALL
LET'S FUCK THEM 'TIL THEY'RE DEAD

Is that album any good? I was eh on War Metal Battle Master, and I wasn't too excited about this one.

Natrlhi
04-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Is that album any good? I was eh on War Metal Battle Master, and I wasn't too excited about this one.I felt the same way about WMBM, although I would say I definitely liked it (just not a shitload) - but for some reason, this new one is really making me smile. I think it's probably just because, in addition to being heavy and grungy and loud and all of the things LotM has always been, the production is better than ever, and they're clearly wearing their punk influences squarely on their sleevs on this one. I think it's fantastic stuff - easily my favorite album of theirs to date.

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 07:42 AM
I felt the same way about WMBM, although I would say I definitely liked it (just not a shitload) - but for some reason, this new one is really making me smile. I think it's probably just because, in addition to being heavy and grungy and loud and all of the things LotM has always been, the production is better than ever, and they're clearly wearing their punk influences squarely on their sleevs on this one. I think it's fantastic stuff - easily my favorite album of theirs to date.

It's catchier. I love WMBM, but it had a fucking nine minute song, and a bunch of long-ish ones, with complicated lyrics. That's not what Lair of the Minotaur is all about. They really cut away the fat for Evil Power, and I think it's a fantastic album.

Natrlhi
04-20-2010, 07:51 AM
We Are Hades
Evil Power
Lair of the Minotaur

Yeah, I don't see how one couldn't love this. :fist:

idrinkwine732
04-20-2010, 07:53 AM
Sold.

Natrlhi
04-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Sold.

:party::rocker::party:

Our work here is done, Brad. :cool:

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 07:57 AM
:party::rocker::party:

Our work here is done, Brad. :cool:

March of the Fire Ants
Remission
Mastodon

BONE
GRAVE
BONE ENGRAVED
STONE
GRAVE
STONE ENGRAVED

Natrlhi
04-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Forty-One
Appalachian Incantation
Karma to Burn

...in other news, this is rad as fuck as well. :rocker:

Thanks, ravenheart! :fist:

IrritatedTrout
04-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Crystal Skull
Blood Mountain
Mastodon

es156
04-20-2010, 08:56 AM
We Are Hades
Evil Power
Lair of the Minotaur

Yeah, I don't see how one couldn't love this. :fist:

With lyrics like you posted earlier, I could easily see how one could dismiss it entirely. Is the primary lyric writer a 10 year old with Tourette's syndrome?

;)

Natrlhi
04-20-2010, 09:00 AM
With lyrics like you posted earlier, I could easily see how one could dismiss it entirely. Is the primary lyric writer a 10 year old with Tourette's syndrome?

;)

Touche.

I have three words for you - "tongue in cheek". ;)

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Prison Sex
Undertow
Tool

:fist:

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Touche.

I have three words for you - "tongue in cheek". ;)

That phrase gets used more often than it's true to explain away shitty lyrics.

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Reign Of Terror
The Frozen Tears Of Angels
Rhapsody Of Fire

Everything I wanted it to be. Celebrate with a U.S. tour! :party:

Crionics
04-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Volcanic Slut
Obsessed by Cruelty
Sodom

If you don't like the song title, u r stupd nd gai

Cynicist
04-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Sodom :horns:

Narcolepsy
The Machinations of Dementia
Blotted Science

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Rhapsody Of Fire

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-20-2010, 11:32 AM
The Woeful Eucharisty
Paradogma
Hour Of Penance

The natural harmonic riffage in the bridge is fucking brutal. This album was such a surprise; I didn't think it would be bad, but certainly not this good.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 11:38 AM
There Was A Time
Chinese Democracy
Guns N' Roses

The Green and Black
04-20-2010, 12:31 PM
There Was A Time
Chinese Democracy
Guns N' Roses

Why? :nag:

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Because it's a fantastic album, is why.

The Green and Black
04-20-2010, 12:35 PM

And I was just starting to like you. :tongue:

Maiden33
04-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Why? :nag:

I told you so. :D

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 12:37 PM
I told you so. :D

Whassamata Jeff, not enough supergay keyboards for you? ;)

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Man, I love G n' R but I can't get behind Chinese Democracy. I liked a few songs but those were mainly ones I was familiar with for a half-decade through live bootlegs anyway. I was extremely let down by it.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 12:39 PM
And I was just starting to like you. :tongue:

Lol, what can I say. I never buy into all the "It's not GN'R" bullshit, and don't disregard stuff out of hand for being different etc., so as I saw them live in '06, and they were superb and the new songs rocked, and I'm a big fan of Bumblefoot, I got the album half-expecting the ones they didn't play live on the tour to suck, and they didn't. All very different, all very clever, all very good. Lots of great ideas and arrangements, and the best production/mix I've probably heard on anything Andy Sneap didn't do.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Man, I love G n' R but I can't get behind Chinese Democracy. I liked a few songs but those were mainly ones I was familiar with for a half-decade through live bootlegs anyway. I was extremely let down by it.

S'cool. It is a very different listening experience to anything else GN'R. It's a like it or don't kind of thing. I've no problem with that. I only have a problem with the massive legion of people, of which I know a fair few, who just got sucked in by all the cliches on the internet for the last ten years and branded the album shit without even listening to it with fresh ears.

I honestly think without the associated baggage of the last 10-15 years it would have been received far better. Or at least given a much fairer chance.

It beat the living daylights out of 'Black Ice', but that was far more successful because it obeyed the formula, and people like that.

Maiden33
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
As a complete non-fan of GnR, I really didn't hear any problem with Chinese Democracy. I was moreso pointing out that again, you hold the dissenting opinion, as I had just told her you were known for, like yesterday.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 12:48 PM
I was moreso pointing out that again, you hold the dissenting opinion, as I had just told her you were known for, like yesterday.

In this particular case, only amongst you lot. I know a fair few people who love that album.

And in actual fact, you hold more dissenting opinions than I do because you don't like most of the other metal genres a lot of us are into. It's just that because those genres and bands hold no interest to you, you don't bother joining in those conversations, which is more often than not the right thing to do.

Were you to do so, and I'm not suggesting it would be at all a worthwhile use of your time, I think you'd find yourself disagreeing with everyone a lot more than I do ;)

I only seem to because I do join in those discussions. It's all an illusion ;)

Not that I care, because you like all the same singers and guitar players as me ;)

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 12:52 PM
]
It's all an illusion ;)

No hay banda! And yet...we hear a band.

http://perusio.com/photos/no_hay_banda_perusio.jpg

Natrlhi
04-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Mulholland Drive roxorz

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Mulholland Drive roxorz

:fist: Although that scene is so disturbing that it's difficult to look at it even in this thread. :eyes:

The Green and Black
04-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Not that I care, because you like all the same singers and guitar players as me ;)

And me! We are special! :lol:

The Green and Black
04-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Lol, what can I say. I never buy into all the "It's not GN'R" bullshit, and don't disregard stuff out of hand for being different etc., so as I saw them live in '06, and they were superb and the new songs rocked, and I'm a big fan of Bumblefoot, I got the album half-expecting the ones they didn't play live on the tour to suck, and they didn't. All very different, all very clever, all very good. Lots of great ideas and arrangements, and the best production/mix I've probably heard on anything Andy Sneap didn't do.

Sometimes I do make political decisions on whether to support a particular artist, and at first, I was taking a stance against Axl. Not even because musically it wasn't really GnR, but I think he is a crackpot, and I don't like how he treated the other members, who I like far better than him. But I did listen to Chinese Democracy with an open mind, and still didn't like it. After 15 years of waiting, I just didn't care anymore. I actually was more looking forward to my free Dr Pepper than I was Chinese Democracy. Remember that ordeal? :lol:

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Sometimes I do make political decisions on whether to support a particular artist, and at first, I was taking a stance against Axl. Not even because musically it wasn't really GnR, but I think he is a crackpot, and I don't like how he treated the other members, who I like far better than him. But I did listen to Chinese Democracy with an open mind, and still didn't like it. After 15 years of waiting, I just didn't care anymore. I actually was more looking forward to my free Dr Pepper than I was Chinese Democracy. Remember that ordeal? :lol:

Yeah, man. I never cashed in on it but I thought it was a brilliant promotion.

Holy Mountain
Holy Mountain
Sleep

powerslave_85
04-20-2010, 01:39 PM
I actually was more looking forward to my free Dr Pepper than I was Chinese Democracy.Haha.

Broken Chairs
Live
Built To Spill

mastodon421
04-20-2010, 01:41 PM
The only song I liked on Chinese Democracy was Shackler's Revenge that rest of it was really,really bad.

Ol'Nessie
Remission
Mastodon

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Committed to Parkview
Highwayman
The Highwaymen

Probably my favorite country album of all time. Willie Nelson absolutely owns every song.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 02:53 PM
After 15 years of waiting, I just didn't care anymore

I didn't suffer from that either. I still cared because it's new music, and I'm all about new music. Not really interested who's involved or how long it took. Although obviously I do take notice when names I know/like have a new project until such times as I've heard it and disliked it.

Speaking of big names making shit, anyone listened to Charlemagne? Fuck. Me.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Committed to Parkview
Highwayman
The Highwaymen

Probably my favorite country album of all time. Willie Nelson absolutely owns every song.

I told you, get the second one too. And the live DVD.

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 02:56 PM
I told you, get the second one too. And the live DVD.

Working on it! :snivel:

Crionics
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Celestial Deconstruction
Hellfire

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Working on it! :snivel:

I'm only one step ahead of you. I don't have the DVD either. Or the third album.

JRA
04-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah, man. I never cashed in on it but I thought it was a brilliant promotion.

Holy Mountain
Holy Mountain
Sleep

:eek:

The Night Hank Williams Came to Town
The Legend of Johnny Cash Vol. II
Johnny Cash

daimonos
04-20-2010, 03:56 PM
No Funeral
Addicts: Black Meddle Part II
Nachtmystium

Not quite what I expected at all. But a good song nevertheless.