PDA

View Full Version : Nile -- Tulsa, OK -- February 12th, 2010

300%_Density
02-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Thank god finally my first show of 2010!!! Thanks to Tulsa deciding to do road construction I came in for Krisun for their last 3-4 songs. Pretty pissed. Wanted to see their whole set. I was shocked at the turn out. When Napalm Death & Kataklysm were there I'm sure there might have been like 100 people. For Moonspell & Divine Heresey there was just barely more & half left when Moonspell came on. There was atleast double that many tonight. I was quite impressed. Only difference being the fact it was on a Friday I guess. Anyway... I don't know Krisun & Immolation well enough to know what was played but I'm sure it's the same that was already posted. I was quite impressed with both bands. And they got over very well with the crowd as well. Good times. I was shaking hands with the singer for Immolation & he tripped on monitor and almost landed right on me.

Finally time for Nile!!!! For some reason a very week chain guard rail was put up and in that tiny place there is NO room for a plastic chain barricade. That's my only real complaint. I only knew a small amount of Nile & didn't really know what to expect. I vaguely remember them @ Freefest a few years ago but there was a torrential downpour in KC & I don't remember much. But holy shit they were goddamn amazing tonight!!! I really think that was like a new level of heavy I don't think I've ever witnessed before. Damnthat is some setup Karl Sanders has got goin on. Don't think I've ever seen a computer monitor setup by the pedals. Whole band was amazing. I could feel the drums actually moving my pant legs. I was on side w/ bassist he was full of energy and was pretty cool. At end of show I got a setlist and got Karl to sign it!!! :rocker: Pretty sure I saw Karl doin the funniest damn thing after the show. After they were done the house music was playin the Southpark "Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bitch" & fuckin Karl was nailing every single word & was dancing to it. That needed to be seen to be believed. Also the bassist handed me a pick as well with Nile logo on it. Also bought tour tshirt. This is one of the coolest looking tour shirts I think I've ever seen!!! Just an amazing show!!! I sure paid for this show. Thanks to construction took me an hour to get out of Tulsa & about 20 minutes after leaving got pulled over because of a bullshit light being out by license plate. Then got to mess with fog last 30 minutes of the trip. Quite the night but well worth it.

Never saw any cops/ambulance so apparently Fires Of Sedation never got to meet up with his fav band Rose Funeral!!! Lol. Here's Niles setlist:

Kafir!!
Sacrifice Unto Sebek
Hittite Dung Incantation
Serpent Headed Mask
Ithyphallic
Exercration Text
Papyrus Containg...
The 4th Arra of Dagon
Permitting the Noble Dead
Sacrophagus
Lashed To The Slave Stick
Cast Down The Heretic
Black Seeds Of Vengance

Thanks for reading!!! :rocker:

Magson13
02-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Hah, least you missed rose funeral. I'd rather take the ticket, and construction bullshit than see them :lol:

And hey, since you got there late, so for all you know FoS may have had an incident with them. I can't wait to hear his recount of the night lol

Fires Of Sedition
02-13-2010, 02:55 AM
I'm way too fucking tired to tell the entire story and post setlists right now, so I will leave you kiddies a hint of what will be included in my next post:

rose funerals merch guy hits like a bitch.

Magson13
02-13-2010, 03:30 AM
Dear Satan.... You sir, are more of a douchebag than the TV writers who leave cliffhangers at the end of a season :mad:

lol. I'll be looking forward to this story when I wake up

makethemsuffer12
02-13-2010, 04:57 AM
I'm way too fucking tired to tell the entire story and post setlists right now, so I will leave you kiddies a hint of what will be included in my next post:

NEED STORY NAO

mankvill
02-13-2010, 09:41 AM

lmao WHAT

DethMaiden
02-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Damn, they're driving from Tulsa to Louisville in one night? Brutal routing.

And, yes, I need to hear this story as well. :D

Fires Of Sedition
02-13-2010, 01:31 PM
This night went from alright to funny to shitty to bad ass to shitty to awesome.

I'm probably going to leave a few minor details out because I'm still tired and my neck hurts from the awesomeness that is Nile.

Got there about an hour and a half early with Ronnie were first in line. Talked to some guy from Thailand named Pol (Paul). He was mad about the deathcore shit we were going to have to see. My other friends showed up and Luke said we should teach him that BANGKOK joke. "Hey, guess where I'm from!" "Where?" "BANGKOK!" *dick punch*.
Got inside and noticed rose funeral wasn't on stage, instead a local band, Inoperable, was. They were alright but not too great. The bassist/vocalist is one of the ugliest, weird looking men I've ever seen. They announced their last song and I got the Uno deck out. All the booths were full of the band's merch stuff, so we decided to play right in front of stage right. We got in a circle and had one guy hold the deck with one hand and the played cards in the other. We played two and half games. At first rose funeral didn't seem to care, but then before their last song I heard the vocalist say "What is this shit?!" and they just continued on with their totally sweet breakdowns. After they were done I put the Uno deck up and the guitarist touched Ronnie's shoulder and said
"Hey are you the guy that was talking shit on Youtube?"
Ronnie: "No, that would be him" and he pointed at me
Me: "Yeah it was me, what's up?"
rose funeral drummer: "Let's go outside!"
Me: "No, I want to see these GOOD bands first"
rose funeral guitarist: "No, let's go, NOW"
Me: "No, I want to see these GOOD bands first" *guitarist spits in my face, I spit back in his*
rose funeral drummer: "Let's go outside" *takes shirt off, showing off his non muscle and flabby stomach*
rose funeral bassist: "Hey is that the guy?"
At about this time a guy who works at the venue got in between us. So it came as a surprise when I got hit in the back of the head. It made me take a step forward and then I ended up in some pussy headlock that I got out of way too easily. I didn't know this at the time, but rose funeral's merch guy was the one who hit me in the head, and the guitarist is the one that got me in a headlock. Also my friend J.T. caught the drummer as he was getting off stage and he threw him back on. I walked towards the guitarist, ready to beat the shit out of him, and another guy who worked at the venue grabbed my arm, turned me around, and dragged me to the bar area and said "Don't worry, I'm not kicking you out, I'm getting you away from those guys, I don't want you getting jumped" He then made 3 of his friends make sure I didn't walk away. They asked what was going on and I explained the whole Vader tour, Youtube shit, Uno game, and everything. They said rose funeral doesn't even belong on this tour and that the guys at the venue tried to keep them from even coming to Tulsa, but the tour manager said they had to play or some shit. This all happened extremely quickly and I don't remember much of it because I had a huge adrenaline rush and wanted to kill rose funeral with a bar stool. I guess the guys working at the venue were looking for the tour manager so I could talk to him. I guess they never found him because I never talked to him. They came back and said "You can go back up there if you want but make sure you're with some friends, take a boyfriend to the bathroom with you, and if they come at you, start swinging, we don't give a shit anymore, we're tired of these macho douche bags" So I start walking back to the front, just in time to see Ronnie get hit by someone. The drummer was choking him and BJ pulled him off. I don't know who hit him but I only saw the guitarist so I started walking towards him again, only to have the guys working there get in my way again. Ronnie said he didn't do anything, he just started getting hit and every time he turned around to see who hit him, he got hit in the back of the head again by someone else. A guy working there took Ronnie outside and some other guys took the guitarist and drummer outside. I followed thinking they were just going to let them kick Ronnie's ass but it ended up being a few guys talking to rose funeral, a few talking to Ronnie so I went back inside and laughed with my friends. After about 15 minutes Dead Dreaming had set up and Ronnie wasn't back. I found the guy who grabbed my arm and dragged me away and asked him what was going on. He said "This makes me fucking sick, I hate that it happened, but your friend got kicked out. The tour manager wants him gone, there's nothing I can do." WHAT THE FUCK! Ronnie gets hit for no fucking reason and HE GETS KICKED THE FUCK OUT?! I was pissed. I brought Ronnie to the show, I was going to have to take him home. We gave BJ money to buy us shirts and what not and we got into my car. I started it and Ronnie got out. We argued back and forth for like 30 minutes.
Me: "Get in!"
Ronnie: "No, go inside and watch Nile"
Me: "I don't even want to anymore, seriously"
Ronnie: "Bullshit, go inside"
That's pretty much the whole argument, for 30 minutes. BJ came out to my car and said "Get the fuck inside, you missed Dreaming Dead and they were fucking bad ass" So I finally gave in and went in, I felt like shit because Ronnie was just going to go to sleep in my car. I gave him the keys and told him to turn the car on if he got cold. Got inside as soon as Krisiun got done setting up and watched their bad ass set. It's funny to hear the vocalist/bassist talk because he obviously doesn't know English very well.

Kings Of Killing
Combustion Inferno
?
Murderer
Hatred Inherit

My friend Stephen kept looking over his shoulder ever 2 or 3 minutes, said he was paranoid. I told him to stop worrying, if they were coming at us, they were going to hit me, not him. Immolation came on and everyone loved them. And I was right, they are A LOT better live than they are on album.

Passion Kill
Swarm Of Terror
? (New song)
Den Of Thieves
? (New song)
Burial Ground
World Agony

Some guy came out after Immolation's stuff was off stage and told my side of the audience (stage right) that if any idiots who think they are in the band and want to jump of the stage and end up messing up Karl's monitor, the show was over and so was the rest of the tour. Karl came out a few minutes later and told us pretty much the same thing. The guys brought that stupid plastic chain in front of us, which I guess kind of helped in the end, but if anyone really wanted to get on the stage they would have had no problem doing it. I was no where near as excited for what I was about to witness as I should have been. I couldn't stop thinking about rose funeral's cheap shotting pussy asses making Ronnie go to sleep in a fucking car while all of his friends are inside, watching one of his favorite bands. Nile came on and were fucking amazing. More than once Karl smiled at me, sang along with me, gave me the horns, and let me touch his guitars. After Serpent Headed Mask he threw a pick to me. Ithyphallic, Kafir!, Papyrus..., 4th Arra Of Dagon, Lashed To The Slave Stick, and Permitting The Noble Dead... were the highlights. Looking over and seeing my friends singing and headbanging along with you is awesome, and it only would have been better if Ronnie was inside with us. Black Seeds Of Vengeance closed the show, Karl let the crowd "play" his guitar, they thanked everyone, and left. I went out and got Ronnie and told him to put his hood on his hoodie up and come inside. Karl Sanders is a real personable guy, he shook hands, took pictures, and signed stuff. I felt bad for Pol, he got a copy of Those Whom The Gods Detest signed...with the wrapper still on it. Karl tried taking it off for him but he didn't seem to care and told him it was alright. I got a picture with him, and my camera died immediately afterward so I didn't get pictures with anyone else. Karl Sanders, Elizabeth Elliot, Ross Dolan, Robert Vigna, and Max Kolesne all signed my Valentines Day card, and thought it was hilarious. Ross drew a little heart with "666" in the middle of it. BJ and Ronnie got their cards signed as well and took pictures with Ronnie's camera. We went back to my car and this is when the night got shitty again. Apparently Ronnie forgot I gave him my keys, and we locked them in my car. It was FUCKING COLD outside.BJ, Ronnie, and I had to call 411 multiple times just to get a locksmith that would actually come open my car. I think four of them said a technician would call me, and I never got a call. Finally, after at least a fucking hour of wating we got a guy to come. We waited in a nearby bar for his call, paid him, gave him a tip, got lost because of all the dumbass construction in Tulsa, got to Ihop, stayed for at least and hour just talking. Drove home, dropped BJ and Ronnie off, went home, left my last post on here, crashed, woke up, took a shower, and now I'm typing this.

Best part of the night: Multiple people saying rose funeral needs to get over themselves and grow up and ROSE FUNERAL IS FUCKING BANNED FROM THE MARQUEE! :party::party:

No more ruined fucking tours. Getting hit by a cheap shotting pussy = totally worth that piece of shit band not coming to The Marquee anymore. Ronnie agrees.

Like I said, I most likely left some details out, but if I did, they aren't very important.

Pictures and videos will be uploaded later.

mankvill
02-13-2010, 02:13 PM
"Ross drew a little heart with "666" in the middle of it."

pixplz!

Also: I really hope Rose Funeral somehow finds this post through google or something because AHAHAHAHA YOU DEATHCORE FAGGOTS FUCKING SUCK

Fires Of Sedition
02-13-2010, 02:18 PM
"Ross drew a little heart with "666" in the middle of it."

pixplz!

Also: I really hope Rose Funeral somehow finds this post through google or something because AHAHAHAHA YOU DEATHCORE FAGGOTS FUCKING SUCK

I'll take a picture and upload it later.

mankvill
02-13-2010, 02:20 PM
I'll take a picture and upload it later. I'm about to go to my girlfriend's to..."heal my wounds"

pixplz of that too :dorky:

300%_Density
02-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Now everything is coming together now. I think I saw you when Immolation said to give it up to all the bands & when he said Rose Funeral I saw 1 person stage right that put their middle fingers up @ that point. I was opposite stage left with damn trashcan by me. That explains plastic fence now & I remember seeing Karl or someone talking near where his monitors were at. On top of that I now remember seeing a couple people near merch that had UNO cards!!!! Damn now I really hate Tulsa & their construction bc I would have loved to have been there for that.

JuuKun
02-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I can't believe this Rose Funeral shit, it's so fucking stupid. Shit, so some people don't like your crappy band, get the hell over it. Gives me a new found type of respect for bands like Sonic Syndicate, who, when they played here with Amon Amarth a few years ago, most of the people on the floor sat down, but they shrugged it off and kept playing, didn't insult us or try to pick fights. I haven't had to see Rose Funeral yet, thankfully, but good that they're banned from the Marquee, I hope more venues follow.

mastodon421
02-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Fires thats a great story and good for you bro i'm glad they got what was coming to them. The blows for your friend though getting kicked out for no reason and having to miss Nile. Rose Funeral fails and they are absolutely bigger douchebags than Emmure.

xStructualDefect
02-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Rose Funeral has to got to be the one of the biggest douchebag bands of all time. another reason why i hate 95% of deathcore bands.

Magson13
02-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I send my condolences to Ronnie, for being kicked out. I also applaud you for your hard work getting rose funeral banned :rocker: I'm hoping they'll end up banned at my venue here. They tried to start shit with me at the Vader show. Hopefully they remember me, and get themselves banned here too :lol:

metallicbrian666
02-13-2010, 03:52 PM
That's fucking great. Rose Funeral can go lick each other's assholes.

Derelict
02-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I can't believe this Rose Funeral shit, it's so fucking stupid. Shit, so some people don't like your crappy band, get the hell over it. Gives me a new found type of respect for bands like Sonic Syndicate, who, when they played here with Amon Amarth a few years ago, most of the people on the floor sat down, but they shrugged it off and kept playing, didn't insult us or try to pick fights. I haven't had to see Rose Funeral yet, thankfully, but good that they're banned from the Marquee, I hope more venues follow.

Agreed, seen so many bands heckled and be true sports about it. The only bands I've seen try to challenge hecklers (ie, me) were Switchblade Symphony, and Walls of Jericho. Laaaame.

Fires - are you roughly the same age as Rose Funeral? Cause if you are much younger than them, they are even lamer than previously thought.

makethemsuffer12
02-13-2010, 07:28 PM
I think I speak for everyone on this forum by saying that Rose Funeral is Metalsetlist's most hated band.

Magson13
02-13-2010, 07:29 PM
I think I speak for everyone on this forum by saying that Rose Funeral is Metalsetlist's most hated band.

Agreed. 70% of all hate towards deathcore is spawned by rose funeral.

Fires Of Sedition
02-13-2010, 07:46 PM
mank - I don't think she'd be happy with me if I did that :lol:
300% - I was pretty close to that guy flipping the birds when Immolation mentioned rose funeral. I was about 4 people to the left of him. Yeah, my friend J.T. got a red 6 signed by Karl, and my friend BJ pulled a couple of cards out of his pocket when he was getting money for a Dreaming Dead shirt.
JuuKun- I agree 100%. If I was in a band and a bunch of people started playing Uno in front of me I would laugh my ass off and say something like "Dude! That was an intense game!!!! Who won?!"
mastodon- Ronnie was a good sport and and an even better friend about it. He just said "It's cool, I'll catch them next time"
Defect- I'm willing to bet they are THE biggest douche bag band
Magson - Thank you, kind sir! :fist:
brian- I wouldn't doubt it if they actually do enjoy licking their assholes. Their girlfriends are fake, ugly sluts.
Derelict- I turned 20 exactly a week ago. I'm not sure how old rose funeral are, but I doubt they care who they fuck with as long as the person isn't bigger than them. Ronnie has fucking braces. He's 17 I think.
makethemsuffer- I concur. They're definitely my personal most hated band of all time.

ALSO! Ronnie saw them putting ice on their hands. Can't have any swollen fingers to play those complicated open D breakdowns.

Oh, I've also uploaded Serpent Headed Mask to Youtube. Working on Black Seeds Of Vengeance right now. Someone uploaded the last song from rose fageral, Insanity Reigns by Dreaming Dead, and a song by Inoperable.

idrinkwine732
02-13-2010, 08:00 PM
That story's pretty flippin sweet.

Magson13
02-13-2010, 08:43 PM
I was trollin their youtubes and lastfm with Brian and Nate, and I saw that they posted something saying they need a new guitarist. Were there five guys playing in the band last night, or was it just four of them?

bt11763
02-13-2010, 09:07 PM
That is a fucking crazy story.....but i'm gonna be the douche who asks what the backstory is? something about Vader and Youtube? Plox to explain.

lol

Magson13
02-13-2010, 09:14 PM
That is a fucking crazy story.....but i'm gonna be the douche who asks what the backstory is? something about Vader and Youtube? Plox to explain.

lol

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12506
Read this. It'll explain the backstory.

300%_Density
02-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Is this the only time it's acceptable to say I wish Abigail Williams hadn't dropped off the tour?

Man I really didn't think anybody was more hated than Emmure. These last 24 hours really have me rethinking my position on that now... That's really a thinker.

Fires Of Sedition
02-13-2010, 09:16 PM
I was trollin their youtubes and lastfm with Brian and Nate, and I saw that they posted something saying they need a new guitarist. Were there five guys playing in the band last night, or was it just four of them?

I didn't notice at the time because I was too busy playing Uno to look at the band, but after watching a video from last night I saw that there was only four guys. The tall fat shit isn't in the band anymore I guess.

idrinkwine732
02-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Dude, you totally buried the most important part of the story, WHO WON THE UNO GAME?

mankvill
02-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Is this the only time it's acceptable to say I wish Abigail Williams hadn't dropped off the tour?

Man I really didn't think anybody was more hated than Emmure. These last 24 hours really have me rethinking my position on that now... That's really a thinker.

I've never listened to Abbi Willy before on album, but I've seen them live once and I thought they were okay...

Magson13
02-13-2010, 09:36 PM

I've been saying that since the day rose funeral was added as the replacement....

Magson13
02-13-2010, 09:37 PM
I didn't notice at the time because I was too busy playing Uno to look at the band, but after watching a video from last night I saw that there was only four guys. The tall fat shit isn't in the band anymore I guess.

Ya, they posted something last night about him being out of the band. He was the one who threatened to jump me at the Vader show. But it looks as if he's not the only piece of shit in the band :lol:

I was kinda hoping he was arrested last night, and that was why he was out :lol:

bt11763
02-13-2010, 09:40 PM
How many fucking fights have they started with people on this board? lmao :horns:

mankvill
02-13-2010, 09:50 PM
I really wish Oxblood666 was here to see this.

Magson13
02-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Just imagine how many other fights they've started, that don't involve people on these boards :lol:

idrinkwine732
02-13-2010, 10:03 PM
When were they even added? They weren't at my show then the next day they were at the Hollywood show, it was a mindfuck.

Magson13
02-13-2010, 10:07 PM
They were the replacement for Abigail Williams. There's a bit of confusion though, because apparently they weren't on the first few shows.... Not sure why, and I don't know what show they actually started playing on the tour.

mankvill
02-13-2010, 10:21 PM
They were the replacement for Abigail Williams. There's a bit of confusion though, because apparently they weren't on the first few shows.... Not sure why, and I don't know what show they actually started playing on the tour.

They weren't on my date. We got a local death metal band called Marasmus to open the show. Who were amazing. Especially compared to deathcore.

Magson13
02-13-2010, 10:33 PM
The local bands just depend on the promoter that booked the show. Some might just have it be only the touring package, some will put locals on. there are two locals opening here

Fires Of Sedition
02-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Dude, you totally buried the most important part of the story, WHO WON THE UNO GAME?

Shit! My bad man! Luke's girlfriend, Leah won the first game, and I think I made a mistake saying we played two and a half games. We only played one and a half, I called UNO once but then had to draw cards. Just my gosh darn tootin' luck.

EDIT: Leah made this totally sweet picture. Apparently, it's how rose funeral got their name.
http://i47.tinypic.com/w1bgi1.jpg

EDIT AGAIN: Also, I was thinking it would be pretty funny if people here brought some Uno cards to a show where they have to sit through rose funeral, and throw them on stage while they're playing.

Also, here is that picture, mankie:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/maggoTofThepulSe/DSCN0192.jpg

EDIT (hopefully for that last fucking time): Ronnie's mom might sue rose funeral! :lol:

Magson13
02-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Bahahahahhaha. If Ronnie is indeed 17 like you said, they assaulted a minor. Major jailtime.

My friend in Ohio said he's gonna play Uno at their next show when I showed him your story lol

makethemsuffer12
02-14-2010, 08:11 AM
EDIT (hopefully for that last fucking time): Ronnie's mom might sue rose funeral! :lol:

:lol: That would make my year.

mastodon421
02-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Fires in your honor I might play Uno On April 24 at the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival when those assholes play.

Fires Of Sedition
02-14-2010, 09:26 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If Uno gets played at every rose funeral show that would be fucking hilarious.

bunghole
02-14-2010, 01:35 PM
you can thank some idiot in Dallas for the threat of canceling if someone went on stage. the idiot threw his beer at Karl in the middle of BSOV, beer got on Karl's gear, Karl jumped off the stage and almost messed the dude up, til security calmed it down. I think that's what happened (I had to miss the Dallas show - too much snow)

Magson13
02-14-2010, 07:29 PM
If I had a deck, I;d play some Uno tuesday. But unfortunately, I do not....

bt11763
02-14-2010, 10:03 PM

tell ronnie's mom i said DOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT

greenReaper
02-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Anyone know what time Nile came on? I've gotta work next door to the venue they're playin at in Atlanta til 9, don't wanna miss anything!!!!

rjturtle9
02-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Wow am i late on this thread.

Fires, your the man, and I will continue the tradition of playing Uno if i ever go to a show where this band is playing.

BTW, i don't think suing will be such a good idea. i mean, then your group will look bad.

bt11763
02-16-2010, 04:57 PM
BTW, i don't think suing will be such a good idea. i mean, then your group will look bad.

:confused::confused::confused:

Your posts confuse and upset me.

Magson13
02-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Suing would be a good way to get a message across to pose funeral. And set the dude up for a free ride in college :party:

rjturtle9
02-17-2010, 12:31 AM
:confused::confused::confused:

Your posts confuse and upset me.

Nah it's like, he was talking about wanting to kick their ass, and them landing cheap shots and all that good stuff. I think thought that suing would be taking the wuss way out of it. But i didn't know Ronnie was 17, so yeah, go head and sue then ;)

Fires Of Sedition
02-18-2010, 01:18 AM
I know by now you all know the story, but reading Stephen's version made me laugh, so I share it with you.

The Uno debacle, according to Stephen (The Pantangler)

It was Friday night, and me and my friends were going to the Nile show. Rose fUNOral were added at the last minute much to me and my friend's disappointment. We decided to make the best of it. Mike and a few others had exchanged harsh words with rose funeral on YouTube in the comments section below a video of their last visit to Tulsa, and RF wanted to "take it outside". Mike had the great idea to play UNO during their set while standing in the front row. GREAT IDEA! The first band came on, a local band called "Inoperable", and they were excellent. ( Check them out http://www.myspace.com/inoperabletulsa ). RF started setting up, so i put in my ear plugs and mike whipped out the UNO deck. We played about 1 1/2 games. Leah won, but I'm pretty sure she cheated. =P I thought that would be it, but then I heard the second gayest statement I've ever heard, trumped only by "I like going ass to mouth with my domestic partner while we shop for drapes in the IKEA catalog and watch Queer Eye, the guitarist (and I use that term loosely), hereafter referred to as "Butthole Ears" or "BE" for short, says "Are you the one who was talking shit on YouTube?", accusing one of my other friends, Ronnie. (On a side note, starting any conversation with the previous statement automatically voids any argument that follows.) Mike said it was him, and BE got all uppity and started yelling something about how we should take it outside, Mike responded by saying the he would rather stay and watch the good bands. BE spits at Mike, Mike spits back, this attracts the attention of the drummer, hereafter referred to as "White Guys Shouldn't Have Dreads, Pierced Nipples, or Do Meth" or "WGSHDPNDM". WGSHDPNDM proceeds to talk shit, while one of the other bands members who is fat and should NOT wear tight tshirts, came over to see what was going on. Shortly after BE and WGSHDPNDM came down off the stage, nearly trampling Leah, and tried to throw some sucker punches. Unbeknownst to us, the merch guy "Gutless Bastard Who Should Die a Slow and Agonizing Death" , had snuck up behind us, and sucker-punched mike in the back of the head, this was broken up relatively quickly, and I give HUGE props to the guy who works at the venue, he wasn't a big guy, but he tried his damnedest to keep the peace. A little later, BE and WGSHDPNDM, not sensing that everyone in existence, except for fifteen year olds who hate their parents and cut themselves, wanted them to die in a fire, decided to come back to try to start shit again. Without warning, one of them punches Ronnie in the face. Ronnie is 17. Those spineless, pathetic excuses for musicians and people, singled out the youngest one of us and hit him. They are DAMN lucky the police didn't get involved. Assaulting a minor is SERIOUS jail time. On top of all the other bullshit that happened, to the disappointment of all of us, and even the guys that worked at the venue, the Tour manager got Ronnie kicked out. Take a minute and let that sink in. The kid who did absolutely nothing, who got singled out and assaulted by gutless deathcore faggots, got kicked out. Fucking weak. After that things were relatively calm, I kept looking over my shoulder for deathcore fags, but none ever came. The rest of the bands were great, Nile in particular. Karl even signed an UNO card for me, haha. From what I hear, RF is no longer welcome at the Marquee, and that's just fine with me. I hope their label drops them, and their bus drives off a ravine, or at very least, let there be an UNO game at every single one of their shows. NEVER LET THEM ESCAPE UNO

Magson13
02-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Epic haha. You should upload a pic of the signed Uno card :lol

Fires Of Sedition
02-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Was looking through Youtube and apparently some guy recorded pretty much the entire show. Nice.

mankvill
02-18-2010, 10:23 AM
I really think you should spread the story about how they assaulted you, and how they assaulted a minor.

Fires Of Sedition
02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
I really think you should spread the story about how they assaulted you, and how they assaulted a minor.

That's what we're doing. Luke has even added a definition to rose funeral on urbandictionary.com. They will never escape Uno, and that they are sucker punching little bitches.

idrinkwine732
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm considering Uno champions T-shirts at this point.

Fires Of Sedition
02-18-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm considering Uno champions T-shirts at this point.

That is fucking awesome. I'll talk to Luke, he's good with Photoshop.

PROMETHERION
02-18-2010, 02:30 PM
FoS, I'm working on a Photoshop for you right now

PROMETHERION
02-18-2010, 03:11 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/steveo8_2007/UnoHoodie.jpg

Haha, Have you seen this Card?

300%_Density
02-18-2010, 03:24 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/steveo8_2007/UnoHoodie.jpg

Haha, Have you seen this Card?

That has officially clinched this as a great day already!!!!

bunghole
02-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Anyone know what time Nile came on? I've gotta work next door to the venue they're playin at in Atlanta til 9, don't wanna miss anything!!!!

if the venue opened at the earliest (6) then about 9:30 (for my show)

typically a venue'd open at 7 or 8

PROMETHERION
02-18-2010, 04:40 PM
That has officially clinched this as a great day already!!!!

You are welcome, spread it.

greenReaper
02-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the time estimate, they came on round 1015 and fucking killed....
I read the post's about Rose Funeral, didn't get to see their show BUT....
Some jackass at their merch booth had a cast on his hand lol. Also at one point I looked over at the merch booth and there were like 4-5 metal "flavor of the month" looking kids were standing behind it, all leaned over texting in the exact same positions....METAL AS FUCK :eyes:

PROMETHERION
02-18-2010, 07:26 PM
I read the post's about Rose Funeral, didn't get to see their show

Consider yourself lucky. if you would have, Uno Cards are reccommended

Fires Of Sedition
02-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the time estimate, they came on round 1015 and fucking killed....
I read the post's about Rose Funeral, didn't get to see their show BUT....
Some jackass at their merch booth had a cast on his hand lol. Also at one point I looked over at the merch booth and there were like 4-5 metal "flavor of the month" looking kids were standing behind it, all leaned over texting in the exact same positions....METAL AS FUCK :eyes:

Bobby (guy who works at The Marquee in Tulsa) said that they were icing their hands backstage after the "fight". :lol:

But that cast also may have been from their van crashing. :party:

Magson13
02-19-2010, 12:28 AM
There were no casts on tuesday night before the parking lot incident after the show :lol:

rjturtle9
02-19-2010, 12:36 AM
There were no casts on tuesday night before the parking lot incident after the show :lol:

What a bunch of Pussies.

Fires Of Sedition
02-19-2010, 10:20 AM
I just e-mailed metalsucks.net and posted a thread in the metalinjection.net forums.

Derelict
02-19-2010, 11:03 AM
They are militantly fixing their wiki after vandalism now

Fires Of Sedition
02-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Axl from metalsucks.net said someone e-mailed them about it yesterday and unfortunately he thinks they need a more reputable source than some message boards or they can't run it.

mankvill
02-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Axl from metalsucks.net said someone e-mailed them about it yesterday and unfortunately he thinks they need a more reputable source than some message boards or they can't run it.

I e-mailed him.

And since when did metalsucks give a fuck about reputable sources :I

Fires Of Sedition
02-19-2010, 11:34 AM
I e-mailed him.

And since when did metalsucks give a fuck about reputable sources :I

He said that they've run stories like this before and had bands threaten to sue them.

mankvill
02-19-2010, 11:37 AM
He said that they've run stories like this before and had bands threaten to sue them.

Well, when Rose Funeral actually gets sued, then maybe he'll run the story.

As for now: keep spreading the word.

Fires Of Sedition
02-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Well, when Rose Funeral actually gets sued, then maybe he'll run the story.

As for now: keep spreading the word.

Stephen said he looked into the suing them thing, and we don't have much of a case. No cops were called, no police report, etc. :(

mankvill
02-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Stephen said he looked into the suing them thing, and we don't have much of a case. No cops were called, no police report, etc. :(

Then we'll give them a ton of negative word of mouth.

And tell everyone to play Uno. :)

Fires Of Sedition
02-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Then we'll give them a ton of negative word of mouth.

And tell everyone to play Uno. :)

Exactly. Some guy had a big argument with them and their fans on their blog page on myspace (they deleted anything negative towards them, of course), people might give donations to make Rose Funeral Uno shirts/hoodies, we've already got like 63 members on The Uno Champions group on Facebook. The original video from Tulsa is now filled with rose funeral hate comments. This is hilarious.

mankvill
02-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Exactly. Some guy had a big argument with them and their fans on their blog page on myspace (they deleted anything negative towards them, of course), people might give donations to make Rose Funeral Uno shirts/hoodies, we've already got like 63 members on The Uno Champions group on Facebook. The original video from Tulsa is now filled with rose funeral hate comments. This is hilarious.

linkplz to the metalinjection thread.

Fires Of Sedition
02-19-2010, 11:58 AM
linkplz to the metalinjection thread.

EDIT: Shit, wrong URL.

http://www.metalinjection.net/forum/showthread.php?p=23337&posted=1#post23337

300%_Density
02-19-2010, 12:02 PM

Very quickly you should have member #64 on Facebook for that group!!!!

Fires Of Sedition
02-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Very quickly you should have member #64 on Facebook for that group!!!!

:D Be sure to check out the links and pictures

rjturtle9
02-19-2010, 03:07 PM
people might give donations to make Rose Funeral Uno shirts/hoodies,

I would soooo wear one!!!

idrinkwine732
02-19-2010, 06:23 PM
I'd wear one to most of my shows.

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2010, 11:21 AM
It's on MetalSucks! (http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/02/22/rose-funeral-the-uno-incident/#more-30305)

bt11763
02-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Yes! I was so happy about that. "Leah" commented asking if she should scan the uno card signed by Karl, I think you guys should email it to them ASAP

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Yes! I was so happy about that. "Leah" commented asking if she should scan the uno card signed by Karl, I think you guys should email it to them ASAP

I'm not sure who all got a card signed, but one of them was NOT me. I'll have to find out.

mankvill
02-22-2010, 12:23 PM
:party:

Finally.

Rose Funeral should just go ahead and break up now.

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2010, 12:49 PM

Finally.

Rose Funeral should just go ahead and break up now.

:agree:

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
UPDATE: A source very close to the band tells us that this entire story is true. So that sucks. Original story follows…

Derelict
02-22-2010, 01:32 PM
From one of the metalsucks commenters

"would have been better if it was jenga.

“slowwwwly…. slowwwwwly….wait wait wait STOP STOP… AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! you lose,stack it up again Ronnie”

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
From one of the metalsucks commenters

"would have been better if it was jenga.

“slowwwwly…. slowwwwwly….wait wait wait STOP STOP… AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! you lose,stack it up again Ronnie”
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently it got to a site called lambgoat.com (http://lambgoat.com/mb/thread.aspx?id=1565624) as well.

idrinkwine732
02-22-2010, 01:39 PM
I have a feeling this could get really really interesting.

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2010, 01:46 PM
I have a feeling this could get really really interesting.

I do as well. People are bringing it up on the metal sites they visit, so I don't really have to e-mail anyone anymore. I did e-mail Metalblade the link to the metalsucks.net article though. I think another guy on the Facebook page said he was going to e-mail Blabbermouth.

EDIT: Some guy just made a page on Facebook that made me lol

BUNNY (http://www.facebook.com/pages/This-Fluffy-Bunny-Rabbit-Is-More-Death-Metal-Than-Rose-Funeral/323344674395?ref=nf&v=wall)

idrinkwine732
02-22-2010, 02:19 PM
From a lambgoat poster:
"CRUCIFY!!!! KILLLLLL!!!! ROOOOTTTTTT!!!! HIT MINOOORRSSSS!!!!

*cues shitty breakdown*"

I don't know why I laughed really hard at this

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2010, 02:23 PM
From a lambgoat poster:
"CRUCIFY!!!! KILLLLLL!!!! ROOOOTTTTTT!!!! HIT MINOOORRSSSS!!!!

*cues shitty breakdown*"

I don't know why I laughed really hard at this

I did too!

bt11763
02-22-2010, 02:58 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

rjturtle9
02-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Remember to tell everyone that your friendly neighborhood turtle gave you the idea to play Uno in the first place ;)

mankvill
02-22-2010, 04:23 PM
http://www.last.fm/music/Rose+Funeral

holy shit

idrinkwine732
02-22-2010, 05:18 PM
They're being crucified on their own facebook, it's ridiculous.

bt11763
02-22-2010, 05:24 PM

holy shit

lolwut

everything else looks legitimate, was it hacked?? :lol:

bt11763
02-22-2010, 05:28 PM
They're being crucified on their own facebook, it's ridiculous.

it really is, but they keep deleting everything :lol:

The Pantangler
02-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks everyone for your continued support. Keep it up!

mankvill
02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
"They are gonna be dropped from their label faster than I can play the switch card in UNO (which is pretty damn fast)"

:lol:

AnataFan4Life
02-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Now a rumor is starting to go around that Immolation encouraged fans to bring Uno decks during Rose Funeral's set. :lol:

Immolation fucking rules even more now :rocker:

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2010, 11:37 PM

holy shit

:lol: They are playing Uno through comments! :lol:

idrinkwine732
02-22-2010, 11:46 PM
To be honest, I'd take that quote down in the event it is real, because that way he gets what he wants for being a chill guy.

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Poster on metalsucks:

Hey, I was there and it was totally nuts.

First the UNO thing happened and then it went outside but that’s not where it ended.

Apparently the drummer for Rose Funeral knows some people in the area and called them. A few minutes later gangs of skinheads raided the club with katanas. They destroyed anything and everyone that stood in thier way.

Luckily, I and a few other 15 year olds were able to form a shield over ourselves with tables (I totally learned that from 300).

We started inching out of the club turtle style all the way stepping over bodies of our friends and pools of blood and teeth.

We made it outside finally and Rose Funeral were outside with guns shooting at cars driving by and molesting kids from park nearby. The singer was sodomizing a 6 year old with the barrel of his gun it was nuts man.

Anyway, we managed to get around them. We watched from a safe place as the SWAT team came and started launching an attack on the club. The fighting went into the night and the club caught fire and collapsed. It was insane but some of us survived at least.

I heard the Rose Funeral did that at least 12 other times in other clubs and got banned for it. :/

I hear that they are working with Chinese hackers to destroy Youtube now.

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2010, 11:49 PM
To be honest, I'd take that quote down in the event it is real, because that way he gets what he wants for being a chill guy.

specific plz? I'm kind of confused.

idrinkwine732
02-22-2010, 11:51 PM
What that dude sent you on facebook, because if it is real, I'd hate for him to have to be dragged into something he doesn't want to be dragged into. He said keep his name out of it...

Fires Of Sedition
02-22-2010, 11:54 PM
What that dude sent you on facebook, because if it is real, I'd hate for him to have to be dragged into something he doesn't want to be dragged into. He said keep his name out of it...

Oh, so you mean delete my post with the quote?

idrinkwine732
02-22-2010, 11:56 PM
That's what I'd do...

Fires Of Sedition
02-23-2010, 12:05 AM
That's what I'd do...

Done. I still don't know if I should add him or not...I don't really want to, but he seems cooler than I originally thought.

idrinkwine732
02-23-2010, 12:08 AM
I dunno, might be alright... I think that Immolation rumor is crazy...

Fires Of Sedition
02-23-2010, 12:10 AM
I dunno, might be alright... I think that Immolation rumor is crazy...

I ignored his FR.

I think the Immolation thing is made up too. I don't see them bashing bands they're on tour with.

Fires Of Sedition
02-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Remember to tell everyone that your friendly neighborhood turtle gave you the idea to play Uno in the first place ;)

Just posted and told everyone to give you kudos for the idea! :fist:

DethMaiden
02-23-2010, 07:29 AM
This is so awesome. :lol: I laugh at this every time:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs194.snc3/20157_1324288300323_1024330876_31009718_3251105_n. jpg

rjturtle9
02-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Just posted and told everyone to give you kudos for the idea! :fist:

:lol: i love you

Fires Of Sedition
02-23-2010, 11:55 AM
:lol: i love you
:lovedup:

Follow up story (http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/02/23/more-on-the-rose-funeral-uno-incident/#more-30416)

Poster on metalsucks.net:
"Well, looks like their next 3 shows are in Florida. Anyone near the Winter Park, West Palm Beach, or Tampa area, here is my offer:

I will mail you $10 plus the cost of the cards if you spend the duration of their set making Uno cards into little paper airplanes and bombarding the stage with them.

Normally, I am not for any kind of blatant disrespect towards anyone else, but Jesus. These guys evidently think everyone is here to see them and if they aren’t, then they are looking for a fight. Someone’s parents didn’t beat them enough when they were kids. Playing cards may be a little disrespectful, but they could have done a myriad of things more disrespectful."

Pretty funny (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthenumberoftheblog.wordpress. com%2F2010%2F02%2F23%2Fthe-number-of-the-blog-presents-the-inagural-trainwreck-tuesday-klenginem-vs-rose-funeral%2F&h=699231f52222faf81b50a592f0952877)

thegame747
02-24-2010, 06:40 PM
hahaha well i figured i would contribute to this amazing situation here.

if you haven't already seen it, it seems like one of the guys from intronaut is on your side.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/02/24/blogronaut-intronauts-sacha-dunable-on-how-bands-should-handle-hecklers/#more-30556

you guys are famous! :rocker:

Fires Of Sedition
02-24-2010, 11:58 PM
hahaha well i figured i would contribute to this amazing situation here.

if you haven't already seen it, it seems like one of the guys from intronaut is on your side.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/02/24/blogronaut-intronauts-sacha-dunable-on-how-bands-should-handle-hecklers/#more-30556

you guys are famous! :rocker:

That's awesome!

rjturtle9
02-25-2010, 02:56 PM
There should be an entire separate thread for Rose Funeral news now. This Nile show thread has been completely taken over by Pose F(uno)eral news now.

Fires Of Sedition
02-25-2010, 11:32 PM
There should be an entire separate thread for Rose Funeral news now. This Nile show thread has been completely taken over by Pose F(uno)eral news now.

Hahaha might as well. This thread has 4,500+ views. :lol:

MPF
02-26-2010, 01:38 AM
This is the Music Story of 2010 IMO.

I'll never get tired of reading this!

Magson13
02-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Shaun Gunter, bassist of Woe of Tyrnats, has joined the Uno page! :party:

MPF
02-26-2010, 10:21 PM

:rocker:

mankvill
02-26-2010, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfcaXZD90tw

actual footage of the uno game taking place, in case anyone doubts it. :cool:

MPF
02-26-2010, 11:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfcaXZD90tw

actual footage of the uno game taking place, in case anyone doubts it. :cool:

I'll be sending this to all my friends!

Fires Of Sedition
02-27-2010, 12:02 AM

Holy shit. That's awesome.

The Pantangler
02-27-2010, 12:48 AM

Yes!!! And I agree, there needs to be a Pose FUNOral news thread

Fires Of Sedition
02-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Yes!!! And I agree, there needs to be a Pose FUNOral news thread

I just listened to Woe Of Tyrants. Holy dumb fuck. Going to be awesome to see them open for Vader and God Dethroned.

Fires Of Sedition
02-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Eyal from Daath is in on it now (http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/02/26/jumping-darkness-parade-now-its-eyals-turn-to-weigh-in-on-hecklers-and-violence/#more-30819)

Fires Of Sedition
03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/DSC_0012b.jpg

Chick advertising for MetalSucks...and Uno!

MPF
03-02-2010, 06:50 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/DSC_0012b.jpg

Chick advertising for MetalSucks...and Uno!

You Officially WIN the Internet!

rjturtle9
03-02-2010, 07:01 PM
You Officially WIN the Internet!

I second that ;)

horrorbiz13
03-30-2010, 08:52 PM
whats with vader, how do they play into this

the chewbacca defense
03-31-2010, 06:20 AM
whats with vader, how do they play into this

i think the whole Uno thing started, since Rose Funeral also opened on the Oct/Nov Vader tour.

Fires Of Sedition
03-31-2010, 08:34 AM
i think the whole Uno thing started, since Rose Funeral also opened on the Oct/Nov Vader tour.

December actually.

the chewbacca defense
04-28-2010, 06:09 PM
hahahhahahahhahahahahhaha to quote my fave band 'SHITS GOIN DOWN GET THE FUCK OUT OF TOWN'
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/1.jpg
from nemahf

300%_Density
04-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Yes!!! The post that will just not die!!!!

Fires Of Sedition
04-29-2010, 10:39 AM
My friend talked to the ex-bassist (Dale) of rose funeral last night.

Last night Rose Funerals (ex) bassist chatted with me on myspace. Thought you all may get a kick out of this.

4/29/2010
1:23 AM
Dale:
How's it going?
……………………………………………………………………
1:24 AM
Uno:
Fine, yourself?
1:25 AM
Dale:
Good man, ha You know I quit that shit band right?
Uno:
Hadn't heard
Dale:
Yeah obviously because they don't want anyone to know they lost another member.
1:26 AM
Uno:
Yeah, their lineup is more confusing than...well I don't know what.
So how's the Slave B.C. thing coming along?
1:26 AM
Dale:
Quite brutal actually, I finished up some scratch tracks today for a song.
Still have yet to find a drummer with the chops to maintain 280bpm
1:27 AM
Uno:
When will you have a track up?
1:27 AM
Dale:
I'm probably just going to run the guitar software program I have as a VST into fruity loops and do programmed drums but probably within a week or two
I don't know if it'll have vocals over it or not yet though.
.................................................. .......................
4/29/2010
1:28 AM
Uno:
Sounds good, I've actually used Fruity Loops before, pretty crazy.
Just going for straight up Death Metal?
1:28 AM
Dale:
Yeah dude, it can be quite complex.
I wouldn't say just straight death metal
1:29 AM
Uno:
I realize it's no most bands goal to fill a genre description.
Just have to see how the creation of the music goes.
1:29 AM
Dale:
I mean my main influences for the band is like Hour Of Penance, Suffocation, Spawn Of Possession, Nile, etc. shit like that.
Yeah exactly, unless you want to be "brutal" with "brutal breakdowns"
1:30 AM
Uno:
So what made you decide to quit Rose Funeral? Aren't you friends with the rest of the band?
1:30 AM
Dale:
I hate that shit dude seriously. I regret ever being a part of Rose Funeral
Dude I joined the band not knowing anyone except for dusty because me and him had an old tech/prog death metal band and i quit so he joined RF then he begged me to join once he had been in it for a year.
1:31 AM
Uno:
You just did live gigs anyway, didn't you?
1:32 AM
Dale:
Yeah
I found it hysterical that the uno thing got as big as it did though.
1:33 AM
Uno:
Did it really even get that big? The internet can be deceiving.
Did you guys have any other incidents in other cities?
1:34 AM
Dale:
I mean there was a couple shows were kids showed up then someone saw them in the band with the cards like shuffling or something and then someone would tell the promoter and shit
It was dumb.
1:34 AM
Uno:
I really didn't think it would bother the band at all.
I'm not the one who brought them though.
Just his friend.
1:35 AM
Dale:
Haha, it didn't bother me at all. Ha I thought it was funny.
Uno:
It was really just Ryan and Dusty who seemed to get so upset over it.
Enough to jump into the crowd and start madly throwing punches.
Dale:
Because they are hotheads and don't have any self temperance.
1:36 AM
Dale:
Are you the one like responsible for the whole uno thing as far as internet hype is concerned though?
Uno:
Partly, but all of us that were there spread it around the net.
Dale:
Hahahahahah
So funny.
1:37 AM
Uno:
the only reason it got so big was that metalsucks.net decided to make an article from it
1:38 AM
Dale:
Yeah dude, I don't know. The thing for me was I hated being in RF in general because I'm a guitar player and I've always fucking hated playing breakdowns and all that's related to that whole "genre" but I pretty much toured with them to get connections. I've always played guitar and always have been into death metal.
It was lame and boring as fuck playing that set every night, i usually would get drunk before hand to even attempt to get into it.
1:39 AM
Uno:
You got to tour with some awesome bands though, so I guess it was worth it for your "connections"
1:41 AM
Dale:
I mean I met some awesome people along the way that I'll always remember you know? I mean saying I did a Full U.S. with Nile, Krisiun, Vader, Decrepit Birth, Immolation is fucking incredible to me, even if it was with a shit band like RF.
1:41 AM
Uno:
I'm really unsure how you all even got on that bill.
Record label smoking some weird stuff?
.................................................. ......................
1:42 AM
Dale:
No, maybe the booking agent.
Because he was the one who put us on the nile tour and the vader tour.
1:47 AM
Uno:
So what's RF going to do without you?
1:48 AM
Dale:
be a 4 piece and still write deathcore.
1:49 AM
Uno:
Good luck with your new project, I'm looking forward to hearing some stuff from it.
1:51 AM
Dale:
Thanks dude, I appreciate it man.
1:53 AM
Uno:
write a song about uno, do some sweet solos, refrain from breakdowns
I'll talk to you later.

mankvill
04-29-2010, 11:14 AM
"Dale:
Yeah dude, I don't know. The thing for me was I hated being in RF in general because I'm a guitar player and I've always fucking hated playing breakdowns and all that's related to that whole "genre" but I pretty much toured with them to get connections. I've always played guitar and always have been into death metal.
It was lame and boring as fuck playing that set every night, i usually would get drunk before hand to even attempt to get into it."

Ahahahah

Magson13
04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
I love it haha. The "see them shuffling and tell the promoter" is likely about me :tongue:

digitallive
04-30-2010, 11:28 PM
some of you may or may not care, but I had a fairly interesting conversation with a "die hard rose funeral fan," sparked from my comment of their "taco bell" video being possibly the gayest, lamest thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf8AwD0dAAI

in review, their band fights ppl who don't like them and apparently their core fans wish genocide upon homosexuals. my crystal ball is telling me of a place....and a time....Berlin....19....1944

Nick_to_the_face
07-23-2011, 02:12 AM
bump

300%_Density
07-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Its alive!!!!

AnataFan4Life
07-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Necro'd

What happened to RF? Did they finally decide to do the right thing and quit?

Someguy89
07-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks for bumping the thread, haven't seen this one before and holy shit that was awesome to read !

Cheers \m/

stylesclash516
07-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Apparently they got back together a few months ago or something. Man was it fun re-reading through this thread. I also checked out the Facebook pages where I decided to take up a "debate" with a Rose Funeral fan who claims Death Metal is unoriginal.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Playing-UNO-during-Rose-Funerals-set/342993928085?ref=ts&sk=wall

I am Nick Burns by the way.

300%_Density
07-23-2011, 10:26 AM
We need to make this thread mandatory reading for anybody new before they sign up as a new user!!!!

mastodon421
07-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Rose Funeral is still active. They kept spamming the Summer Slaughter tour page and I called them out on it. I said they were awful and generic, and all they said back was "say that when you hear our new stuff".

treghet
07-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Apparently they got back together a few months ago or something.

They never broke up, someone hacked they're page and posted that they were breaking up.

But yeah, this should be a sticky forever.

Rocco44
07-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Holy shit, that story was amazing. I can't believe I didn't hear anything about this until now. Thanks for the laughs

Nick_to_the_face
07-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm glad I necro'd this :D

MPF
07-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Manky? When is this getting stickied?

300%_Density
07-23-2011, 07:51 PM
This has to be my proudest metalsetlists moment having my name attatched to this post although I definitely won't take any credit for it. Very impressive. 5th most setlists views and the 3rd most replies in the setlist category. Not too bad, especially when its going up against the first Big 4 show and the Iron Maiden show from Dallas last year that will never be topped in terms of views and replies. Yea I'm a nerd I was curious I won't lie.

christopher
07-23-2011, 08:21 PM
HAHA I remember this thread. Its one of those you just can't forget.

llama lom
07-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh my god this is fantastic!

street_burial
07-25-2011, 12:23 AM
that was a truly amazing read. it just so happens that Rose Funeral's new album comes out the same day as Machine Head's.

brutal_descent
10-29-2011, 02:29 PM
bump

mankvill
10-29-2011, 02:35 PM
an absolute classic

MPF
10-29-2011, 02:57 PM
bump

I take the bump is because of the Blood On The Dancefloor incident last night?

orlandodavis
10-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Make sure to "like" their facebook status about their broken down van.

Nater
10-29-2011, 03:13 PM
The single greatest event to ever happen at a concert.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
10-29-2011, 10:47 PM
The single greatest event to ever happen at a concert.

Not only that, I think this may be the single greatest thread on the internet. I'm sending this to my friend right now.

Nater
10-29-2011, 11:10 PM
I actually did and one of my OTHER friends texted me and told me when they come around if they ever do we are going. I will have 6 packs of UNO cards with me just for it.

RampinUp46
08-01-2012, 06:19 PM
What a bunch of fuckheads. I know it's like, two years old, but I should have paid someone ten bucks to pelt the band with decks of Uno cards (a local teacher I knew had about twenty of them on her after retiring and was giving them away) when they came through here three months ago.

...Seriously, this is the kind of shit no band should be able to live down.

EDIT: I actually found this thread through looking at old Nile setlists, so it wasn't completely intentional for me to necro it...just saying. :eyes:

300%_Density
08-01-2012, 06:53 PM
ZOMBIE THREAD. This thread makes me feel like a proud father.

christopher
08-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I love how this thread keeps coming back every 8 months or so :lol:

AnataFan4Life
08-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Any bets that the same shit will go down on the upcoming Kataklysm tour?

mastodon421
08-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Any bets that the same shit will go down on the upcoming Kataklysm tour?

:lol: Yep. They probably took the tour offer just to fight the inevitable hecklers they are going to get from playing with legit death metal bands.

Nater
08-02-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm already on planning on giving them a ton of shit during the show

RampinUp46
08-04-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm already on planning on giving them a ton of shit during the show

Post results please. :D