PDA

View Full Version : California Metalfest

xStructualDefect
02-12-2010, 11:36 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/Ins8NeFr3Ak782/CAMETALFEST.jpg

i'm definently going to Day 1. i'd go to Day 2 for The Faceless and Born of Osiris but with that lineup it's gonna be nothing but douchebags.

mankvill
02-12-2010, 11:41 AM
First day has Dying Fetus, Arsis, Decrepit Birth, Cattle Decapitation, Misery Index and Gaza. Awesome.

2nd day has all shitty bands except for maybe Earth Crisis and The Faceless.. Wow.

Note: This is the same California metal fest that has Testament + Flotsam and Jetsam in one day. :I

mastodon421
02-12-2010, 11:43 AM
1st day lineup is great 2nd day not so much....

ADD
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Wooo yeah metal!!!! :shred:

mankvill
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Wooo yeah metal!!!! :shred:

True story: When I saw Behemoth here when Job for a Cowboy (also Gojira :D ) opened for him, I heard a guy say "Job for a Cowboy are my favorite death metal band!"

:barf:

ADD
02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
"Airheads and braindeads are everywhere.....who needs 'em" - Rwake

xStructualDefect
02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
hmm i wish Day 1 had a better headliner. i'm not too stoked for Fear Factory. i am pretty stoked for Arsis, Whitechapel, Job For a Cowboy, Dying Fetus, and Decrepit Birth. and i am interested in seeing Cattle Decapitation, maybe it will change by opinion on them.

idrinkwine732
02-12-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm still against them calling this the California Metalfest. It is not representative of the north.

ADD
02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm still against them calling this the California Metalfest. It is not representative of the north.
Imagine a Bay Area metal festival :drool: High On Fire, Ludicra, Giant Squid, Worm Ouroboros, Saviours, Stormcrow, Ghoul, Asunder, Hammers of Misfortune, Slough Feg, the right people could really put together a helluva gig.

mankvill
02-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Imagine a Bay Area metal festival :drool: High On Fire, Ludicra, Giant Squid, Worm Ouroboros, Saviours, Stormcrow, Ghoul, Asunder, Hammers of Misfortune, Slough Feg, the right people could really put together a helluva gig.

:drool::drool::drool:

Although your post makes me hate Day 2 of this "metalfest" so much more. :lol:

DethMaiden
02-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Not saying much about a festival when Fear Factory and Arsis are the best bands on it.

idrinkwine732
02-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Not saying much about a festival when Fear Factory and Arsis are the best bands on it.

Arsis fucking rule, don't knock them. But yeah, aside from them I don't really like any bands on this fest

DethMaiden
02-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Arsis fucking rule, don't knock them. But yeah, aside from them I don't really like any bands on this fest

Not really a knock, I like them. It's just, if they were all I had to look forward to on a festival, I don't think I'd go.

idrinkwine732
02-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Don't forget Cormorant...

Doom listener's delight.

b_halperin
02-15-2010, 08:04 AM
day 1 sounds great. id probably just leave after dying fetus though.

Natrlhi
02-15-2010, 03:32 PM

Whoa.

Dying Fetus > Decrepit Birth > Cattle Decapitation >>> Fear Factory

DethMaiden
02-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Whoa.

Dying Fetus > Decrepit Birth > Cattle Decapitation >>> Fear Factory

Dying Fetus and Decrepit Birth can suck a fat dick for all I care. Cattle Decapitation I honestly haven't given much of a chance to, but I'm not really into grindcore.

Natrlhi
02-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Dying Fetus and Decrepit Birth can suck a fat dick for all I care. Cattle Decapitation I honestly haven't given much of a chance to, but I'm not really into grindcore.

Hey, I'm not saying DF and DB are gods or anything, but I've seen 'em both live, and glad I did. I own one or two CD's by each as well, so obviously I like them enough to buy their shit. I don't quite understand the hate, but hey - to each his own, I guess. :eyes:

DethMaiden
02-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Hey, I'm not saying DF and DB are gods or anything, but I've seen 'em both live, and glad I did. I own one or two CD's by each as well, so obviously I like them enough to buy their shit. I don't quite understand the hate, but hey - to each his own, I guess. :eyes:

:D It's not personal. I just don't dig their music. Especially Dying Fetus.

TonyD
02-15-2010, 03:43 PM

If you book them, they will come.

mankvill
02-15-2010, 04:09 PM
:D It's not personal. I just don't dig their music. Especially Dying Fetus.

well YOU WRONG

DethMaiden
02-15-2010, 04:10 PM
well YOU WRONG

Forgive me for sounding like Indestructible, but, come on. Those vocals. They've gotta be fucking kidding.

Natrlhi
02-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Don't forget Grayceon. IntrOnaut are from L.A., but they're cool enough to get an invite to the party as well. Same with Dreaming Dead. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and fuck - if we're allowing bands from L.A., you'd better include a little band called Isis.

EDIT2: Neurosis headlines the whole fucking thing. I can't believe I forgot about them for a second there. :eyes:

mankvill
02-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Forgive me for sounding like Indestructible, but, come on. Those vocals. They've gotta be fucking kidding.

are

are you saying vocals are bad

in death metal

son

i am disappoint

DethMaiden
02-15-2010, 04:26 PM
are

are you saying vocals are bad

in death metal

son

i am disappoint

Not 90% of death metal vocals. But that guy's. :D

Which is weird because I'm okay with Chris Barnes and my complaint with the DF guy is he's way too guttural. :eyes:

Natrlhi
02-15-2010, 04:30 PM

:lol: Their vocals are not the best - you have a point there - but their riffs are just so good, I'm willing to overlook it.

Natrlhi
02-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Not 90% of death metal vocals. But that guy's. :D

Which is weird because I'm okay with Chris Barnes and my complaint with the DF guy is he's way too guttural. :eyes:
BTW, there are two of them who do vocals. The guttural ones are the ones that kinda suxorz, I agree.

mankvill
02-15-2010, 04:37 PM
YOU TWO GET THE FUCK OUT AND LISTEN TO SOME DEVOURMENT

Natrlhi
02-15-2010, 04:40 PM
YOU TWO GET THE FUCK OUT AND LISTEN TO SOME DEVOURMENT

Hey, at least I like DF, and I'm the one who stuck up for them in the first place. I just admit he's got a point, and unfortunately...it's pretty valid. :snivel:

DF still kicks ass, though. Dat Brad be crazy, man.

mankvill
02-15-2010, 04:43 PM
...it's pretty valid. :snivel:

noooo

awesome death metal vocals are completely awesome.

DethMaiden
02-15-2010, 04:44 PM
noooo

Two words: whisper trick.

mankvill
02-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Two words: whisper trick.

wat

this isn't beherit

Natrlhi
02-15-2010, 04:50 PM
noooo

Agreed, but like Brad said - not him. He just sounds like he's trying way too hard to be a death metal cookie monster. Any idiot could do what he's doing - even me! (Now that's fucking sad. :() The fucker plays a mean guitar, though!

mankvill
02-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Agreed, but like Brad said - not him. He just sounds like he's trying way too hard to be a death metal cookie monster. Any idiot could do what he's doing - even me! (Now that's fucking sad. :() The fucker plays a mean guitar, though!

WHAT AM I EVEN READING

Natrlhi
02-15-2010, 04:56 PM
WHAT AM I EVEN READING

The truth. Sorry, bro. ;)

mankvill
02-15-2010, 04:57 PM
The truth. Sorry, bro. ;)

No! I am genuinely confused by you sons of bitches. Please give me examples via yubertuber.

DethMaiden
02-15-2010, 05:04 PM
No! I am genuinely confused by you sons of bitches. Please give me examples via yubertuber.

First track on the new one.

mankvill
02-15-2010, 05:08 PM
First track on the new one.

:hmm: and he sounds like he always has

and it's still awesome death metal vox

:mad:

Natrlhi
02-15-2010, 05:26 PM

Good death metal vocals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWgLsKJFTOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRFd0J8iyI8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdgKRN8ej5g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRT0hLWOs9k

Dying Fetus vocals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWac5UT80no

Any further questions?

EDIT: My three-year-old son loves the last video, however, so perhaps I could be wrong about all this. ;)

Natrlhi
03-07-2010, 02:55 PM

:lol: Their vocals are not the best - you have a point there - but their riffs are just so good, I'm willing to overlook it.

WHAT AM I EVEN READING
Zombie thread!

Just saw this at the top of the Dying Fetus MySpace page, and it reminded me why I do like them. It also reminded me of why Brad was right, but I still like them anyway. It also explains why Mankvill likes them so much in general. There is good, bad and ugly in here, but I prefer to focus on the good - because it's REALLY GOOD. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Jjy3Zy7kk&

EDIT: Bottom line - if John Gallagher's vocals sounded more like Sean Beasley's, I'll bet all three of us would be on exactly the same page.
(Gallagher is the bald-headed lead guitar player - Beasley is the long-haired bass player.)

mankvill
03-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Still think you guys are crazy posers.

Natrlhi
03-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Still think you guys are crazy posers.

But you still want me to adopt you. Who's crazy? ;)

adopt me, nat. :bliss:

Wizzbang11
03-07-2010, 03:26 PM
wat

this isn't beherit

Woah. Woah.
You better not be speaking ill of Beherit...

Dying Fetus is cool, and the vox do not employ "whispering" so I don't know what you are talking about, and there are a lot worse brutal death vocalists out there. The only thing I would consider possibly bad in that is the disgusting amount of drum triggering going on.

mankvill
03-07-2010, 05:04 PM
But you still want me to adopt you. Who's crazy? ;)

yes

:lovedup:

mankvill
03-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Woah. Woah.
You better not be speaking ill of Beherit...

Dying Fetus is cool, and the vox do not employ "whispering" so I don't know what you are talking about, and there are a lot worse brutal death vocalists out there. The only thing I would consider possibly bad in that is the disgusting amount of drum triggering going on.

Naw, he said something about a "whisper trick" for Dying Fetus and I had no idea wtf he was talking about.