Aesthetics of Hate
Old
The Burning Red
Exhale The Vile
Bulldozer
Block
Halo
Davidian

Source: TakeMyScars.com (http://takemyscars.com/Machine_Head_-_Vienna-Austria_-_Gasometer_-_February_10-2010)

idrinkwine732
02-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Yet another solid setlist.

mankvill
02-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I have been seeing a ton of Machine Head setlists here recently and I decided to check them out and I really do not like them.

maidenpriest
02-10-2010, 11:19 PM
YES! A NATION ON FIRE!!! :D one of my favorite songs by them

idrinkwine732
02-11-2010, 06:06 AM
I have been seeing a ton of Machine Head setlists here recently and I decided to check them out and I really do not like them.

They're one of those tastes I acquired when I was younger, and as my taste evolved, this one for some reason didn't really go away.

daimonos
02-11-2010, 08:01 AM

I'd think that if you were to like any of their stuff, it would be The Blackening or Burn My Eyes.

But if you don't like them, you probably won't like the band at all.

jhdeity
02-11-2010, 08:40 AM

That's because you're a total fukkin IDIOT!

Maybe if he vomited the vocals you would love them while you sit in your dorm room all alone night after night trying to annoy your not friends. hahahaha

EPIC FAILURE AT LIFE!

mankvill
02-11-2010, 10:33 AM
That's because you're a total fukkin IDIOT!

Maybe if he vomited the vocals you would love them while you sit in your dorm room all alone night after night trying to annoy your not friends. hahahaha

EPIC FAILURE AT LIFE!

Lol, I knew you'd be in love with Machine Head. They have faux-macho tough guy posturing, but still keep the pussy clean vocals because the kids like you are too scared of screaming. Go back to the bar with your bro's and rub dicks with them over the next UFC match, the adults are trying to have a mature conversation in this thread.

I'd think that if you were to like any of their stuff, it would be The Blackening or Burn My Eyes.

But if you don't like them, you probably won't like the band at all.

I had The Blackening downloaded a while back before I lost the music on my computer, but I only remember the son Aesthetics of Hate, and that's an okay song. I youtubed Ten Ton Hammer and Halo and it just seemed too downtuned, too nu-metal for me.

Sanitarium78
02-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Lol, I knew you'd be in love with Machine Head. They have faux-macho tough guy posturing, but still keep the pussy clean vocals because the kids like you are too scared of screaming

Clean vocals are not pussy. In fact metal was built on clean vocals. It's the metal I grew up with. Where all this incoherent screaming of the vocals came from is beyond me.

It's fine if you like that style but I for one actually like some melody and clarity in my vocalists. It doesn't make someone a pussy because they like their vocals clean. It just means they know how to appreciate singers who actually wanna try and don't go out there and do uniteligable screams and grunts into the mic that make them sound horrible and make them come off as if they don't know what they're doing vocally. Which in most cases I believe that to be true.

mankvill
02-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Clean vocals are not pussy. In fact metal was built on clean vocals. It's the metal I grew up with. Where all this incoherent screaming of the vocals came from is beyond me.

It's fine if you like that style but I for one actually like some melody and clarity in my vocalists. It doesn't make someone a pussy because they like their vocals clean. It just means they know how to appreciate singers who actually wanna try and don't go out there and do uniteligable screams and grunts into the mic that make them sound horrible and make them come off as if they don't know what they're doing vocally. Which in most cases I believe that to be true.

I think clean vocals completely kill "heavy" music. I'm totally fine and it's awesome for bands like Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, etc.

But other than that? I dunno, man.

Sanitarium78
02-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I think clean vocals completely kill "heavy" music. I'm totally fine and it's awesome for bands like Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, etc.

That's cool, I guess it just depends on what kind of metal got someone into the genre. But to me clean vocals, like Dickinson, is what metal has always been about. The list of great singers this genre has had is second to none. With the screaming and shit anyone can go in and do that. You don't even have to know anything about vocals in order to pull it off. But to be able to do what the likes of Dickinson, Dio, Halford and yes even Rob Flynn from Machine Head do, even though Flynn isn't an elite voaclist does take talent. But the screaming deffinately doesn't as far as i'm conserned.

mankvill
02-11-2010, 11:57 AM
That's cool, I guess it just depends on what kind of metal got someone into the genre. But to me clean vocals, like Dickinson, is what metal has always been about. The list of great singers this genre has had is second to none. With the screaming and shit anyone can go in and do that. You don't even have to know anything about vocals in order to pull it off. But to be able to do what the likes of Dickinson, Dio, Halford and yes even Neil Flynn from Machine Head do, even though Flynn isn't an elite voaclist does take talent. But the screaming deffinately doesn't as far as i'm conserned.

Never really thought of that before! My first bands were black metal and grindcore so yeah, that might have something to do with it. ;)

Can you recommend some Machine Head that I might like?

Sanitarium78
02-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Never really thought of that before! My first bands were black metal and grindcore so yeah, that might have something to do with it. ;)

Their best albums are, The Blackening, Through The Ashes Of Empires and Burn My Eyes. If I were to pick one i'd say start with The Blackening. But wahtever you do don't listen to anything from The Burning Red or Supercharger. For some reason they decided to go rap metal on those two and it was just horrible.

mankvill
02-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Their best albums are, The Blackening, Through The Ashes Of Empires and Burn My Eyes. If I were to pick one i'd say start with The Blackening. But wahtever you do don't listen to anything from The Burning Red or Supercharger. For some reason they decided to go rap metal on those two and it was just horrible.

I have heard the song "From This Day" or whatever it's called from The Burning Red. It's amazing :lol:

Fires Of Sedition
02-11-2010, 12:19 PM
That's cool, I guess it just depends on what kind of metal got someone into the genre. But to me clean vocals, like Dickinson, is what metal has always been about. The list of great singers this genre has had is second to none. With the screaming and shit anyone can go in and do that. You don't even have to know anything about vocals in order to pull it off. But to be able to do what the likes of Dickinson, Dio, Halford and yes even Rob Flynn from Machine Head do, even though Flynn isn't an elite voaclist does take talent. But the screaming deffinately doesn't as far as i'm conserned.

Not anyone can go in a scream. It's actually hard. I've been trying for years and I can do it pretty well, but not very loud, and after a few minutes I can't do it at all. My cousin got a DVD that taught him how to do it and he is getting really good at it.

DethMaiden
02-11-2010, 12:24 PM

Are you saying you don't like when "extreme" and clean vocals both pop up in the same band? Because there's times that that sucks in a very melodic metalcore kind of way, but there's also times that it's awesome. Mastodon used to just shout, now they mainly sing. Opeth and My Dying Bride have been having clean/death vocals in the same song for years, etc. I think there's times it works and times it doesn't.

Sanitarium78
02-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Not anyone can go in a scream. It's actually hard. I've been trying for years and I can do it pretty well, but not very loud, and after a few minutes I can't do it at all. My cousin got a DVD that taught him how to do it and he is getting really good at it.

I don't doubt it takes some talent to do it well but a lot of the "singers" who i've heard do it don't sound like they've never done any training at all. Corey Taylor used to scream like a mutherfucker on the first two Slipknot albums but i've never once thought he had been trained at all. Maybe that's the secret behind that vocal style, to sound like you don't know what you're doing when you really do. Who knows?

mankvill
02-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Are you saying you don't like when "extreme" and clean vocals both pop up in the same band? Because there's times that that sucks in a very melodic metalcore kind of way, but there's also times that it's awesome. Mastodon used to just shout, now they mainly sing. Opeth and My Dying Bride have been having clean/death vocals in the same song for years, etc. I think there's times it works and times it doesn't.

Yeah, pretty much. Some bands (you named a few) can pull it off, but in my opinion, most can't.

Fires Of Sedition
02-11-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't doubt it takes some talent to do it well but a lot of the "singers" who i've heard do it don't sound like they've never done any training at all. Corey Taylor used to scream like a mutherfucker on the first two Slipknot albums but i've never once thought he had been trained at all. Maybe that's the secret behind that vocal style, to sound like you don't know what you're doing when you really do. Who knows?

I'm pretty sure Corey Taylor did it wrong, which is why he sucks ass at it now. This DVD has a professional who taught people like Brian Fair and Randy Bylthe etc. how to do it right as to not fuck up their voices.

DethMaiden
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm pretty sure Corey Taylor did it wrong, which is why he sucks ass at it now. This DVD has a professional who taught people like Brian Fair and Randy Bylthe etc. how to do it right as to not fuck up their voices.

I think it's fucking hilarious that Chuck Schuldiner, Quorthon, Chris Barnes, etc. just decided to invent screaming/growling and didn't know what they were doing and managed to have all kinds of longevity, but all these metalcore faggot singers had to use Melissa Cross to learn how to sing properly. If you were metal, YOU WOULDN'T FUCKING CARE! YOU WOULD JUST SCREAM! Pussies.

daimonos
02-11-2010, 06:27 PM

I'll list some songs for ya here.

Check out:
Death Church
A Nation on Fire
The Rage to Overcome
I'm Your God Now
Davidian
Struck a Nerve
Down to None
Spine
Bay of Pigs
Blood For Blood
Imperium
Seasons Wither
Clenching the Fists of Dissent
Wolves
A Farewell to Arms

I know anyone in their right mind wouldn't take the time to listen to all of those, but if you just randomly pick a couple you'll get a pretty good idea about them I guess. They're in order from the first album to the newest, so you can kinda see the change of sound over the years.

idrinkwine732
02-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I don't think they're your style mankvill.

Fires Of Sedition
02-11-2010, 11:10 PM
I'll list some songs for ya here.

Check out:
Death Church
A Nation on Fire
The Rage to Overcome
I'm Your God Now
Davidian
Struck a Nerve
Down to None
Spine
Bay of Pigs
Blood For Blood
Imperium
Seasons Wither
Clenching the Fists of Dissent
Wolves
A Farewell to Arms

I know anyone in their right mind wouldn't take the time to listen to all of those, but if you just randomly pick a couple you'll get a pretty good idea about them I guess. They're in order from the first album to the newest, so you can kinda see the change of sound over the years.

Only ones worth listening to!

TonyD
02-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Only ones worth listening to!

Wolves (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TY_zITJ68k) is worth listening to, but Blood for Blood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHcchIpfLg) isn't?

I might have to check out Rose Funeral
But srsly dud, just give Burn My Eyes and The Blackening a listen. The rest of their material makes up a total of maybe 1 decent album.