PDA

View Full Version : Howard Jones Forced To Leave KSE Tour, All That Remains Frontman To Step In

MPF
02-09-2010, 09:59 PM
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE vocalist Howard Jones is leaving the band's current headlining tour with THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA and DARK TRANQUILLITY due to unforeseen circumstances. ALL THAT REMAINS/ex-SHADOWS FALL vocalist Phil Labonte will be filling in for Jones for a few shows in the interim, until the KILLSWITCH ENGAGE guys can determine what the plan will be for the remaining tour dates, which are currently scheduled to run through the end of March.

Damn that sucks. Although it should be interesting to see Phil on stage with KSE.

xStructualDefect
02-10-2010, 01:48 AM
i might be going to this show. it'd really be interesting to see Phil take over as he is a really good singer. but for KsE would strange. guess we'll have to find out.

Chyck
02-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Hm... I wonder if that would make KsE more or less obnoxious?

ChildrenofSodom
02-10-2010, 06:59 AM
I like Phil's vocals with ATR. He is kind of a bro on stage, but whatever.

MPF
02-10-2010, 09:41 AM
After looking it up. It look like the band was having a lot of issue during the recording of the last album. I'm thinking either Howard got fed up and quit, or the band got fed up and fired him.

idrinkwine732
02-10-2010, 10:00 AM
I bet he's just sick or something, they're too popular to get rid of him. He's the reason they got where they are now...but that still remains...WHERE IS JESSE LEACH WHEN WE NEED HIM?

MPF
02-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I bet he's just sick or something, they're too popular to get rid of him. He's the reason they got where they are now...but that still remains...WHERE IS JESSE LEACH WHEN WE NEED HIM?

He has a new band called The Empire Shall Fall. It's actually really good stuff!

ChildrenofSodom
02-10-2010, 11:02 AM
It probably won't happen, but I don't want Phil to leave ATR. I really like what they have been doing lately.

mankvill
02-10-2010, 11:19 AM
LMFAO

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER

Aside from Mike D leaving, I mean.

MPF
02-10-2010, 11:37 AM
You can make fun of KSE all you want, but they were one of the first bands that got me into Metal. Killswitch, Lamb Of God, Shadows Fall. Basically any band that was on the Freddie Vs Jason Sountrack.

I'm really hoping it's not the case, but if KES has to call it quits it truely will be the end of an great era in Metal.

mankvill
02-10-2010, 11:40 AM
It will be the end of a horrible era of metalcore.

So I will throw a party.

ChildrenofSodom
02-10-2010, 11:48 AM
It will be the end of a horrible era of metalcore.

So I will throw a party.

I don't like Killswitch, but a few bands from the metalcore wave really stick with me. All That Remains, Shadows Fall, Unearth, God Forbid, As I Lay Dying. Not bad bands. Besides, I think we can all agree that deathcore sucks 100xs more than metalcore ever did.

mankvill
02-10-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't like Killswitch, but a few bands from the metalcore wave really stick with me. All That Remains, Shadows Fall, Unearth, God Forbid, As I Lay Dying. Not bad bands. Besides, I think we can all agree that deathcore sucks 100xs more than metalcore ever did.

Troof, and for the record, I've seen all those bands live (except Shadows Fall) they really aren't nearly as bad as some of the other stuff in the metalcore genre.

MPF
02-10-2010, 11:54 AM
I haven't heard one Deathcore band that I would take over the worst Metalcore band. To me, Deathcore takes the worst parts of Death Metal and adds break down to it.

mankvill
02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
I haven't heard one Deathcore band that I would take over the worst Metalcore band. To me, Deathcore takes the worst parts of Death Metal and adds break down to it.

:fist: we can at least agree on one thing, mah friend.

MPF
02-10-2010, 12:02 PM
:fist: we can at least agree on one thing, mah friend.

Damn right man. :fist:

*To be fair, the last KSE album really did suck.*

The_jman
02-10-2010, 12:50 PM
wow that sucks about howard, hope he doesn't leave the band...
it would be interesting to see phil on stage with them, but can their stages hold 2 people running around like crazy people?

random question and don't think me ignorant for asking for I do like metalcore or some of it, but what exactly is a breakdown? I mean which parts of the songs is classified as a breakdown and what's so wrong with them?

mastodon421
02-10-2010, 01:02 PM
The rumor going around is that he has a back injury.

mankvill
02-10-2010, 01:12 PM
wow that sucks about howard, hope he doesn't leave the band...
it would be interesting to see phil on stage with them, but can their stages hold 2 people running around like crazy people?

random question and don't think me ignorant for asking for I do like metalcore or some of it, but what exactly is a breakdown? I mean which parts of the songs is classified as a breakdown and what's so wrong with them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_(music)#Metal_and_punk

ChildrenofSodom
02-10-2010, 01:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu4YCJq66fM

Haha...they all sound the same. How do you tell which is best?

Indestructible
02-10-2010, 02:01 PM
I wonder if KSE would sound right with phil on vocals.

MPF
02-10-2010, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu4YCJq66fM

Haha...they all sound the same. How do you tell which is best?

I hate to say it but I'm actually listening to this now. I actually dig All Shall Parish somewhat the rest are fucking horrible.

I fucking hate pig squeals!!!

I'm up to the band Autoscan. I wanna punch the pig squealer in the face. These are the worst squeals I've ever heard. I try to give music with an open mind, but Christ.

idrinkwine732
02-10-2010, 03:14 PM
He has a new band called The Empire Shall Fall. It's actually really good stuff!

I know, but I doubt that that's going to be his full time gig in the long term. It turns out he was contacted to replace him and declined...bummer...

The_jman
02-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks mankville for that wikipedia entry I missed that when I looked it up on my own...

and, that youtube actually helped more than the wikipedia... I think I understand now..
I have decided yes deathcore sucks.

I do like some metalcore ATR KSE shadows fall, As I lay Dying, Bullet for my valentine if you can really call them metalcore... etc...
yes I will admit it, I like my metalcore to have some singing in it too.

mankvill
02-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks mankville for that wikipedia entry I missed that when I looked it up on my own...

and, that youtube actually helped more than the wikipedia... I think I understand now..
I have decided yes deathcore sucks.

I do like some metalcore ATR KSE shadows fall, As I lay Dying, Bullet for my valentine if you can really call them metalcore... etc...
yes I will admit it, I like my metalcore to have some singing in it too.

Used sparingly, the breakdown can really improve some songs.

But too many faggot -core bands nowadays center their sound on LET'S HAVE THE WHOLE SONG BE A BRUTAL BREAKDOWN example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kz_17M5ZJk

Dextrimental
02-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Breakdowns can be used really well, think the end of Domination by Pantera, or the end of In Your Words by Lamb of God, altho one had a bitchin solo, the other turns into this amazing outro that totally catches you off guard.. It can really add to the song and end it in a really cool way. Only problem is when EVERY song has a breakdown, and EVERY song uses the SAME breakdown.

Personally, I like good Metalcore, ATR, KSE, Shadows Fall, AILD, and find them to all have variety and enough gusto in their musi to keep me interested and enthralled. Personally I hope Howard stays in KSE, as he's an actual professionally trained singer and there really aren't enough of them going around in metal these days, also he's been the face of the band since they got big, so it would be a sound hange as well as a look change, could really affect the bands current rise..

idrinkwine732
02-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Some bands, i.e. Meshuggah and Gojira, have really made some breakdowns work for them.

Fires Of Sedition
02-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Breakdowns can be used really well, think the end of Domination by Pantera, or the end of In Your Words by Lamb of God, altho one had a bitchin solo, the other turns into this amazing outro that totally catches you off guard.. It can really add to the song and end it in a really cool way. Only problem is when EVERY song has a breakdown, and EVERY song uses the SAME breakdown.

Personally, I like good Metalcore, ATR, KSE, Shadows Fall, AILD, and find them to all have variety and enough gusto in their musi to keep me interested and enthralled. Personally I hope Howard stays in KSE, as he's an actual professionally trained singer and there really aren't enough of them going around in metal these days, also he's been the face of the band since they got big, so it would be a sound hange as well as a look change, could really affect the bands current rise..

:agree: 100%

The_jman
02-11-2010, 07:38 AM

I agree, especially with the Metalcore you view as good, that is sort of what metalcore I listen too as well.

jhdeity
02-11-2010, 08:48 AM

Very well said

Sanitarium78
02-11-2010, 10:26 AM

Very well said. Everything in music, including breakdowns are done well by certian bands. It's the ones that overuse, or don't know how to use them properly that gives them a bad name among some people in the metal world. But don't expect those people to listen to logic like this. That would be too easy and those people have gotta be "cool" by acting like assholes and bitching about something all the fuckin time.

Natrlhi
02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Very well said. Everything in music, including breakdowns are done well by certian bands. It's the ones that overuse, or don't know how to use them properly that gives them a bad name among some people in the metal world. But don't expect those people to listen to logic like this. That would be too easy and those people have gotta be "cool" by acting like assholes and bitching about something all the fuckin time.
Also well said. :fist: Many mother fuckers on this board need to heed dat tr00f, bro.