PDA

View Full Version : NEMHF 12 Announced

mankvill
02-09-2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.metalandhardcorefestival.com/

Bands performing on Friday April 23 include Mastodon, Between The Buried And Me, Baroness, Cro Mags, Earth Crisis, Death Threat, Death Before Dishonor, COA, American Me, Thick As Blood, Forfeit, XTheWarX, Grave Maker, Rose Funeral, Conducting From The Grave and Howl. Doors open at 3:00PM

Bands performing on Saturday April 24 include Cannibal Corpse, Amon Amarth, Job For A Cowboy, Whitechapel, Skeletonwitch, Eluveite, 1349, Impending Doom, Lecherous Nocturne, Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza, Chelsea Grin, Abacabb, Arsonists Get All The Girls, Malefice, Swashbuckle, Cattle Decapitation, Acaro, Holy Grail, Disembodied, Cruel Hand, Reign Supreme, The Mongoloids, XTyrantX, Foundation, Soul Control, Alpha & Omega, Burning Empires, Mother Of Mercy, Gaza, Across The Sun and Monsters. Doors open at noon.

Tickets for Friday only cost $40.00. Tickets for Saturday only cost $46.00. A 2-day ticket costs $80.00. All tickets go on sale THIS FRIDAY FEBRUARY 12 at 10AM

Emphasis in original

My pick for bands you should see Friday:

Mastodon, BTBAM, Baroness, Cro-Mags, Earth Crisis, Death Before Dishonor

My pick for bands you should see Saturday:

Cannibal Corpse, Amon Amarth, Skeletonwitch, Eleuveitie, 1349, Lecherous Nocturne, Cattle Decapitation (love how they're billed below Swashbuckle), Holy Grail, Gaza.

TonyD
02-09-2010, 09:09 PM
So friday is Mastodon tour and Hardcore fest?

idrinkwine732
02-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I'd add Conduncting to the Grave to that list for Friday. I think they're one of the 2 or 3 deathcore bands I find acceptable.

davidis138
02-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Mastodon, Cro Mags, Cannibal Corpse,
Skeletonwitch, Cattle Decapitation

Those alone make the festival :drool:

Damn.

:hmm:

xStructualDefect
02-10-2010, 01:25 AM
god damn there are a lot of ACTUAL hardcore bands on this lineup and not just death/metalcore bands. i'd hate to see all the straight edge HxC douchebags this show is gonna bring. i went to high school with A LOT of them who like a lot of the HxC bands listed so i know how they act.

mastodon421
02-10-2010, 03:46 AM
FUCK YES I am going both days

JuuKun
02-10-2010, 04:47 AM
I'd like to see 1349, Eluveitie, Skeletonwitch, Amon Amarth, and Cannibal Corpse. They're not worth $46. Pass. I really don't like this festival, I wish there was something better around here.

Chyck
02-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Hm - not perfect, but not too bad, either. I'll be going both days if for no other reasons than to see the Mastodon tour on Fri and Amon Amarth, Skeltonwitch, and Eleuveitie on Sat. Plus, I love watching the pits at the Palladium during CC.

And no, Swashbuckle doesn't deserve such high billing, but I find them pretty freakin' funny, so I don't mind too much.

mastodon421
02-10-2010, 07:42 AM
I am really excited to finally see Amon Amrath and Skeletonwitch they are proably the 2 bands I am most exicted to see on Saturday.

Friday Mastodon BTBAM Baroness nuff said. A lot of bands overall that i am stoked to see.

IrritatedTrout
02-10-2010, 09:47 AM
I wonder why 1349 will be in the country. Tour with Amon Amarth maybe?

Derelict
02-10-2010, 09:49 AM

Thats my guess. Bands dont really do this festival as a one-off anymore

xStructualDefect
02-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Amon Amarth said on myspace yesterday that they will be touring North America in April and dates will be announced soon. so i'm positive a few of these bands are their touring partners. if i were to guess i'd say Cannibal Corpse, Skeletonwitch, and/or Eluveitie? that's my guess.

Metal_Head
02-10-2010, 11:25 AM
This is gonna be awesome, I'm gonna try to make both dates, Saturday is better for me.

mankvill
02-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Amon Amarth said on myspace yesterday that they will be touring North America in April and dates will be announced soon. so i'm positive a few of these bands are their touring partners. if i were to guess i'd say Cannibal Corpse, Skeletonwitch, and/or Eluveitie? that's my guess.

My first thought was that Cannibal Corpse and Amon Amarth would be touring together.

xStructualDefect
02-10-2010, 11:30 AM
My first thought was that Cannibal Corpse and Amon Amarth would be touring together.

that's what i think. if i were to guess the openers would be Skeletonwitch, Eluveitie, and/or Swashbuckle.

mankvill
02-10-2010, 12:42 PM
AmonAmarthBand

Touring North America in April, dates announced soon!
about 11 hours ago from MySpace

makethemsuffer12
02-10-2010, 12:48 PM
AmonAmarthBand

Touring North America in April, dates announced soon!
about 11 hours ago from MySpace

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12053

:D

mastodon421
02-10-2010, 01:04 PM
My money is on that Amon Amrath is doing a headlining tour with Eluveite and Swashbuckle then Cannibal Corpse is touring with Skeletonwitch.

xStructualDefect
02-10-2010, 01:13 PM
My money is on that Amon Amrath is doing a headlining tour with Eluveite and Swashbuckle then Cannibal Corpse is touring with Skeletonwitch.

lol that'd make a lot of sense.

Derelict
02-10-2010, 01:20 PM
swashbuckle can blow me. another tour?

mastodon421
02-27-2010, 09:18 AM
After The Burial,Doomriders and Nachtmystium were added to the 1st day lineup.

hendecatope
02-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Hm - not perfect, but not too bad, either. I'll be going both days if for no other reasons than to see the Mastodon tour on Fri and Amon Amarth, Skeltonwitch, and Eleuveitie on Sat. Plus, I love watching the pits at the Palladium during CC.

And no, Swashbuckle doesn't deserve such high billing, but I find them pretty freakin' funny, so I don't mind too much.

I would see Swashbuckle 100 times before I would ever agree to witness one more note of Rose Funeral. Worst 20 minutes of my recent life.

Leviathan
02-28-2010, 12:53 PM
This festival pales in comparison to the mighty Maryland Deathfest.

Wrathchild_84
02-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Thats not the real Cro-Mags

JuuKun
02-28-2010, 02:11 PM

That goes without saying.

Chyck
02-28-2010, 02:20 PM

Thank you, Captain Obvious. I'm still going to go and have a really good time, especially since it's 1 1/2 hours from my house, and includes a decent number of tours I would have seen anyway.

xStructualDefect
02-28-2010, 03:39 PM
i think i'm the only one on this board who'd much rather go to this than Maryland Deathfest. maybe it's just cuz i'm not into any of the bands on that lineup. but NEMHF has at the most 10 bands i'd want to see on both days.

mastodon421
03-01-2010, 01:53 PM
I agree with Chyck. For me its a quailty metal fest that's only a little over an hour from where I live. There is a lot of amazing bands this year also should be a killer weekend.

rjturtle9
03-01-2010, 02:21 PM

Touring with Corpse.

But back to the Line-up, this tour is like a dream come true. uno on one day, then Skeletonwitch and Corpse the next. I would gladly buy the 2 day ticket if i was anywhere close to this.

EDIT: fuck i didn't see that this thread had three pages. Disregard the first sentence :tongue:

JuuKun
03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
I dunno, this fest doesn't do it for me. The first year I went (2007), I went both days and with the way the schedule worked out, I barely had to sit through any -core bands, which there were plenty of but atleast, for the most part, they were avoidable. I think, that year, I saw like 20 bands I liked (Not bands that were good or put on a good show, bands I liked already and frequently listen to, including a one-off from God Dethroned).

I compare that to 08, 09, and 10, where (after looking through the lineups) I like maybe 30 bands that have played on all three years combined. Considering those years have been 2 day events (except I think 08 was officially three days, but the first day was Gigantour IIRC), that's five bands a day. Considering how many shit bands play this festival, it's very hard for me to justify the ticket price or the drive to Worcester, and unlike Chyck or mastodon421, I only live a little over half an hour from the venue.

Plus, I will never forget the false advertisement stunt they pulled in 2007, where Satyricon dropped off in February or early March, but instead of replacing them or extending sets (there were atleast three bands playing the show who were in the middle of tours, playing 20 minutes instead of their nightly 30, and Satyricon had a 30-minute slot. It's obvious what they could have done with that), they put Dark Tranquillity's name on the schedule in that slot. DT weren't even in the country at the time, and we had to wait around an hour between Behemoth and Dimmu.

Oh, and 2008's whole thing with Ensiferum playing their first-ever US show in the middle of a headlining tour and only playing 30 minutes, which is more of a personal gripe than anything since obviously they weren't going to play over Meshuggah or Ministry. But, Divine Heresy were playing after Ensiferum, and dropped off the night before, so, again, empty time to fill.

And 2009 having THE HAUNTED, SUFFOCATION, AND NAPALM DEATH playing under All That Remains. But, again, that's a personal taste gripe.

Akumu
03-23-2010, 01:28 PM
The latest newsletter from MassConcerts includes Primordial in Saturday's lineup. I can't find any confirmation on the band's website or MySpace, but if it's true, I might have to get up there...

JuuKun
03-23-2010, 02:02 PM
The latest newsletter from MassConcerts includes Primordial in Saturday's lineup. I can't find any confirmation on the band's website or MySpace, but if it's true, I might have to get up there...

Holy shit.

If this is true, fuck, I will swallow my damn pride and be there. I want to see Primordial again so bad.

Though, I turn my attention to the Dark Tranquillity debacle from 2007, so, I'll wait to hear from some official source that they're really playing. They just came out with their new DVD, and I was under the impression they wouldn't be doing any real touring until after the new album came out later this year. I mean, yeah, Metal Blade sponsors the fest and they're a Metal Blade band but I don't see them coming over for a 30 minute set (at the most) at this festival. I'd be there if they were, but, I don't really see it happening...

Chyck
03-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Holy shit.

If this is true, fuck, I will swallow my damn pride and be there. I want to see Primordial again so bad.

They're on the Palladium webpage as well. I'll be sure to look for the guy that looks pissed off for most of the night ;)... er... more pissed off than everyone else...

Akumu
03-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Though, I turn my attention to the Dark Tranquillity debacle from 2007, so, I'll wait to hear from some official source that they're really playing. They just came out with their new DVD, and I was under the impression they wouldn't be doing any real touring until after the new album came out later this year. I mean, yeah, Metal Blade sponsors the fest and they're a Metal Blade band but I don't see them coming over for a 30 minute set (at the most) at this festival. I'd be there if they were, but, I don't really see it happening...

Yeah, the rest of their dates seem to be one-off European festivals, so I'm not too sure about this being true (unless they got tacked onto the Amon Amarth tour at the last minute or something). I was on the fence about going because a) April is pretty packed with shows already; and b) AA and Eluveitie were really the only two bands I was keen on seeing; but if this is confirmed, then hmm...

JuuKun
03-23-2010, 02:25 PM
They're on the Palladium webpage as well. I'll be sure to look for the guy that looks pissed off for most of the night ;)... er... more pissed off than everyone else...

Haha, yep. I was originally upset by how low they were on the lineup until I realized that after Cruel Hand, they're listed alphabetically. Just sent a Myspace message Primordial's way, and they've been good about answering questions for me before so I'll see what they've got to say about the fest.

I will say, though, that if they are playing, atleast they're playing Saturday, which does have a handful of bands I'd like to see. Still, won't be going if Primordial aren't playing.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-23-2010, 02:48 PM
EDIT: This post was wasted on answering a question that had already been answered. (It was the last post on a page and I didn't realize there were more hehe) : P

AnataFan4Life
03-23-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm in Virginia, so i'll probably end up seeing some of those bands when they tour in my area.

mastodon421
03-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Municipal Waste got added to the 2nd day:party: also Rose Funeral got moved to the 2nd day:party: Can you say that my UNO game is back on!

moobys37
03-25-2010, 10:08 AM
(unless they got tacked onto the Amon Amarth tour at the last minute or something)

If it's true that they're playing the festival, I could see them replacing Tyr on the shows they're supposed to play. It never made sense to me why they would only play 4 or 5 shows in the first place.

makethemsuffer12
03-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Municipal Waste got added to the 2nd day:party: also Rose Funeral got moved to the 2nd day:party: Can you say that my UNO game is back on!

I NEED TO FIND A FUCKING WAY TO GET THERE

mastodon421
03-25-2010, 11:02 AM

Hopefully you do man it's going to be a killer show.

makethemsuffer12
03-25-2010, 11:17 AM
I can tell. Amon Amarth, Cannibal, JFAC (I like em, fuck off), Skeletonwitch, Municipal Waste, Swashbuckle, and Rose fUNOral in one fucking day? Dayumm

JuuKun
03-25-2010, 11:23 AM
I can tell. Amon Amarth, Cannibal, JFAC (I like em, fuck off), Skeletonwitch, Municipal Waste, Swashbuckle, and Rose fUNOral in one fucking day? Dayumm

You can't forget Primordial if they're playing :party:

makethemsuffer12
03-25-2010, 11:49 AM
You can't forget Primordial if they're playing :party:

I've never really listened to them before though. Any suggestions?

mastodon421
03-25-2010, 11:57 AM

I like JFAC as well. As well the bands you mentioned which I am quite excited about. I am also excited to see for Cattle Decapitation,Gaza,Through The Eyes Of The Dead, Arsonists Get The Girls(I know),and Eluevite for the first time.

Cruel Hand and Acaro are also very good hardcore bands if you are into hardcore.

JuuKun
03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I've never really listened to them before though. Any suggestions?

Depends on what you're into. They play a sort of Celtic Folk/Black Metal, and depending on what you're more into would depend on where to start: for the more Black releases, I'd say the Dark Romanticism demo, Imrama, or Storm Before Calm, whereas the more "Folky" (but not in the nutty folk like Korpiklaani) albums would be To the Nameless Dead and The Gathering Wilderness.

The other two (A Journey's End and Spirit the Earth Aflame) are a healthy mid-point. But, even on the latest album (To the Nameless Dead), there is still some Black in there, but I wouldn't say it's as prevalent as the early stuff. IMO, however, they have not yet put out a bad album, so everything is worth listening to.

My personal favorites are To the Nameless Dead, Storm Before Calm, and A Journey's End.

AnataFan4Life
03-25-2010, 12:24 PM
While we're talking about Primordial, you NEED to listen to "The Coffin Ships".

Fucking amazing song. :rocker:

Chyck
03-25-2010, 12:26 PM

Take a bus?

JuuKun - any word on Primordial? You mentioned that you were emailing them?

JuuKun
03-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Take a bus?

No word yet. I'll post here as soon as I hear something.

makethemsuffer12
03-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Take a bus?

A bus from NY to MA? I'll pass. Probably couldn't afford it either.

JuuKun
03-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Just got a response from Nemtheanga, who was a little confused and asked where I saw it since they were in talks but nothing confirmed.

So, maybe.

Derelict
03-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Just got a response from Nemtheanga, who was a little confused and asked where I saw it since they were in talks but nothing confirmed.

So, maybe.

Would it be one-off or would there be other dates?

Chyck
03-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Oh for cryin' out loud. Way to jump the gun, Palladium :tp:

Akumu
03-25-2010, 07:48 PM
So... DT redux until we get official word, then. -sigh-

JuuKun
03-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Would it be one-off or would there be other dates?

Didn't ask. But, seeing as how it's getting closer, I think it's pretty late to be announcing more than just the festival.

But, yeah, DT all over again, except I'm not sure if DT were ever in talks to play or not, I just know they got added to the schedule last minute, with a timeslot and all.

Also, Chyck, I wouldn't blame The Palladium for jumping the gun, as Primordial are listed on the NEMHF website too.

Chyck
03-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Also, Chyck, I wouldn't blame The Palladium for jumping the gun, as Primordial are listed on the NEMHF website too.

Noted. Primordial would make this whole event extra sweet, but I bought my tickets long ago regardless.

Hey - since I've never been to NEMHF before, does anyone know what happens with the parking situation?

JuuKun
03-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Noted. Primordial would make this whole event extra sweet, but I bought my tickets long ago regardless.

Hey - since I've never been to NEMHF before, does anyone know what happens with the parking situation?

Nothing different that I'm aware of. There's a decent amount of parking in the area due to the DCU Center being around the corner. It's not free, but, it's there.

mastodon421
03-27-2010, 04:58 AM

Not different at all. All the same lots that are usually open at shows are open.

JuuKun
03-28-2010, 11:36 AM
For what it's worth, there's now a video advertisement up on the Palladium's website, which lists many of the bands playing, and the video playing behind the headliner names is Primordial, and the song is "The Song of the Tomb" off The Gathering Wilderness (video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EzKpkzGwxI )

So, I think it's safe to say they're playing.

Though, I wonder why they used a Primordial song/live footage as opposed to one of the headliners..

floydhunter9
03-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Anyone know when they'll post what times every band is playing and such? I'm going on the second day, but obviously there are certain bands I'd rather see than others. So is there a specific period of time when that gets announced?

JuuKun
03-31-2010, 01:49 AM
Anyone know when they'll post what times every band is playing and such? I'm going on the second day, but obviously there are certain bands I'd rather see than others. So is there a specific period of time when that gets announced?

IIRC, the past three years atleast, they don't post the schedule until the week of.

JuuKun
04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Primordial are no longer listed on the lineup.

floydhunter9
04-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Week of is fine, I can still plan accordingly. But shit, I don't like Primordial dropping off, I was really excited for that. But I've still got several things to look forward to.

JuuKun
04-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Week of is fine, I can still plan accordingly. But shit, I don't like Primordial dropping off, I was really excited for that. But I've still got several things to look forward to.

They didn't drop off. They were never confirmed according to Nemtheanga, they were only in talks to play. If anything had been confirmed it would have been listed on Primordial's site.

floydhunter9
04-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Well, the point is they're not playing. And that sucks.

Chyck
04-11-2010, 05:18 PM
For anyone that hasn't noticed, the set times were posted a few days ago.

MAIN STAGE FRIDAY
3:10 p.m. HOWL
3:40 p.m. ARCHITECT UK
4:10 p.m. AFTER THE BURIAL
4:40 p.m. NACHTMYSTIUM
5:25 p.m. DOOMRIDERS
6:10 p.m. FALL OF TROY
6:55 p.m. VALIANT THOR
7:40 p.m. BARONESS
8:35 p.m. BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME
10:00 p.m. MASTODON

SECOND STAGE FRIDAY
12 noon MONSTERS
12:30 p.m. XTHEWARX
1 p.m. GRAVE MAKER
1:30 p.m. FORFEIT
2 p.m. DONNYBROOK!
2:30 p.m. BURNING EMPIRES
3 p.m. THICK AS BLOOD
3:30 p.m. C.O.A.
4 p.m. MONGOLOIDS
4:30 p.m. DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
5 p.m. DEATH THREAT
5:30 p.m. EARTH CRISIS
6:15 p.m. CRO MAGS

MAIN STAGE SATURDAY
12:15 p.m. ACARO
12:45 p.m. LECHEROUS NOCTURNE
1:15 p.m. MALEFICE
1:45 p.m. PERIPHERY
2:15 p.m. CHELSEA GRIN
2:45 p.m. ABACABB
3:15 p.m. TTEOTD
3:45 p.m. HOLY GRAIL
4:15 p.m. CATTLE DECAPITATION
4:45 p.m. IMPENDING DOOM
5:25 p.m. SKELETON WITCH
6:10 p.m. 1349
7 p.m. ELUVEITIE
7:50 p.m. WHITE CHAPEL
8:40 p.m. JOB FOR A COWBOY
9:45 p.m. AMON AMARTH
11:30 p.m. CANNIBAL CORPSE

SECOND STAGE SATURDAY
12 noon ACROSS THE SUN
12:30 p.m. SWASHBUCKLE
1 p.m. ROSE FUNERAL
1:30 p.m. ARSONISTS GET ALL THE GIRLS
2 p.m. XTYRANTX
2:30 p.m. GAZA
3 p.m. TONY DANZA
3:30 p.m. ALPHA OMEGA
4 p.m. SOUL CONTROL
4:30 p.m. REIGN SUPREME
5 p.m. CRUEL HAND
5 p.m. DISEMBODIED
6:15 p.m. MUNICIPAL WASTE

Who's still going besides me, anyway? Anyone? Anyone?

mastodon421
04-12-2010, 07:00 AM
I am going on Saturday

mastodon421
04-17-2010, 12:24 PM
1 week away:party: I can not wait.