PDA

View Full Version : Big Megadeth Annoucement Tomorrow

makethemsuffer12
02-07-2010, 12:20 PM
From the Megadeth forums:

Monday Press Release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Droogies!

Tomorrow is going to be a very big day for Megadeth fans around the world. Although we have several announcements in the pipeline, tomorrow's stands to be right up there at the top of the most important Press Releases . . . ever.

Be sure to stay near a computer tomorrow.

Megaman

What do ya guys think?

DethMaiden
02-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Metallica added to American Carnage.

IrritatedTrout
02-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Big 4 US tour? I'm not really sure. I bet it won't be that great for North Americans because we got RIP tour plus American Carnage recently, so I'm thinking RIP tour dates for the rest of the world.

Fires Of Sedition
02-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Guitar Hero Megadeth?

SerpentineVIVIVI
02-07-2010, 12:38 PM
These statements are so unexciting. It's going to be some tour announcement, some promotional advertisement, etc. This whole hype up for the Big 4 tour is getting ridiculous in my opinion. It's just a bunch of big thrash bands playing together on the same bill, so what? I'd rather see each of them on an individual headlining tour then crapping down their sets playing on the same stage.

makethemsuffer12
02-07-2010, 12:53 PM
These statements are so unexciting. It's going to be some tour announcement, some promotional advertisement, etc. This whole hype up for the Big 4 tour is getting ridiculous in my opinion. It's just a bunch of big thrash bands playing together on the same bill, so what? I'd rather see each of them on an individual headlining tour then crapping down their sets playing on the same stage.

http://sidesalad.net/archives/DebbieDownerRachaelDratch.jpg

SerpentineVIVIVI
02-07-2010, 12:57 PM
http://pmb.bitacoras.com/img/beavis-butthead.jpg

mankvill
02-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Guitar Hero Megadeth?

Eventually

makethemsuffer12
02-07-2010, 01:10 PM
http://pmb.bitacoras.com/img/beavis-butthead.jpg

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/GTFO/2/GTFO~1.jpg

Div
02-07-2010, 01:20 PM
the big four thing has gotten way beyond the point where its even an exciting thing to think about. either do it or dont do it, but stop with the rumors and subtle hints that never go anywhere.

its probably going to be another tour announcement or something.

Fires Of Sedition
02-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Eventually

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/maggoTofThepulSe/wentworth.jpg

mankvill
02-07-2010, 01:23 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/maggoTofThepulSe/wentworth.jpg

CALL 877 FUCK YOU

Fires Of Sedition
02-07-2010, 01:26 PM
CALL 877 FUCK YOU

I'm not into your phone sex games, sowie.

ravenheart
02-07-2010, 01:36 PM
If it's a big four World Tour, or even a Megadeth Rust In Peace Anniversary World Tour, fine. It's not exactly the biggest deal in the World, but I've not seen Megadeth since they support Priest last year, so happy for them to come back.

davidis138
02-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Big Four US Dates

JRA
02-07-2010, 07:39 PM
If it's a big four World Tour, or even a Megadeth Rust In Peace Anniversary World Tour, fine. It's not exactly the biggest deal in the World, but I've not seen Megadeth since they support Priest last year, so happy for them to come back.

Despite the fact that you thought they were boring live.

ravenheart
02-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Not when I saw them on the Priest tour, no.

JRA
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
the fact that they are going to play Norway?

http://www.megadeth.com/home.php

makethemsuffer12
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
That isn't it. About an hour ago Dave posted on the Megadeth forums that the press release was gonna come out soon. But it's already been an hour.

Davemeistro
02-08-2010, 03:17 PM
DAVE MUSTAINE ANNOUNCES RETURN OF FOUNDING BASSIST DAVID ELLEFSON TO MEGADETH LINE-UP

Megadeth founder and frontman Dave Mustaine has announced the return of original bassist David Ellefson (1983-2002) to the iconic multi-platinum group. This reunion is appropriately timed to Megadeth’s upcoming historic month-long Rust In Peace 20th anniversary tour which launches March 1 in Spokane, WA. At these incredibly special shows, Megadeth will play their landmark, genre-defining 1990 album Rust In Peace in its entirety, in addition to other Megadeth favorites.

"This shows the power of brotherly love and forgiveness,” Mustaine says. “David Ellefson belongs in Megadeth. Next we are going to show you the power of getting your asses kicked...HARD!"

David Ellefson concurs: "This is a huge moment for all of us, band and fans alike. It is a great celebration of the music from one of the biggest landmark albums of our career."

Ellefson will join Mustaine and Megadeth band members Shawn Drover (drums) and Chris Broderick (guitar) on tour in support of the group’s current CD Endgame, which has received some of the highest critical accolades of the band’s career.

"We'd like to thank James LoMenzo for several years of loyal service on the bass, and wish him the very best," Mustaine adds.

For more information on Megadeth, go to: www.megadeth.com.

makethemsuffer12
02-08-2010, 03:18 PM
HOLY SHIT

mankvill
02-08-2010, 03:30 PM
WOAH

Sanitarium78
02-08-2010, 04:10 PM
This is very good news indeed:party:

Now what are Marty and Nick up to? Imagine if we can get to see the lineup that recorded RIP actually perform it now:drool:

TonyD
02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
"We would like to show our appreciation for J-Lo by showing him the door."

davidis138
02-08-2010, 07:16 PM
One of my influences returns!! :rocker: :rocker: AWESOME!! :drool:

rjturtle9
02-08-2010, 07:31 PM
One of my influences returns!! :rocker: :rocker: AWESOME!! :drool:

wow i looked at your sig. we are going to the same shows :D

MPF
02-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Wow, I never would have expected this to happen.

It sucks that Hail and F5 have to be put on the back burner but it's good that Ellefson is back making the money he deserves.

Travis The Dragon
02-08-2010, 08:47 PM
That is SO GREAT! And I'm hoping that they'll enjoy playing RIP so much that they'll continue to do it for the tour with Slayer.

IrritatedTrout
02-08-2010, 09:05 PM
"We would like to show our appreciation for J-Lo by showing him the door."

My thoughts exactly. Not sure how to feel about this announcement, I love Ellefson but I really hate to see J-Lo go.

I miss the days of Mustaine/Lomenzo/Drover/Drover, my fave Deth lineup.

davidis138
02-09-2010, 12:19 AM
wow i looked at your sig. we are going to the same shows :D

Dude I used to LIVE in Pico :lol: I even went to El Rancho :lol:

I'm still in awe that Ellefson is back :drool:

ravenheart
02-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Wow, that was... lame.

I guess Dave Jr. got tired of being part of directionless bands and side-projects.

Don't care at all. Would rather they kept Lomenzo.

SomewhereInTime72
02-09-2010, 10:05 AM
So Dave just doesn't care about his new band at all, huh...

rjturtle9
02-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Dude I used to LIVE in Pico :lol: I even went to El Rancho :lol:

Wtf

what year did you go????

Sanitarium78
02-09-2010, 11:30 AM
So Dave just doesn't care about his new band at all, huh...

Of course he doesn't. Ever since 2005 all his band members are just temporary hired hands and nothing more. I figured everyone knew that.

I don't get how some people are disappointed in Ellefson coming back. He was an original member, co-wrote songs and was part of the bands best musical output (84-92) and part of their best lineup along with Marty and Nick. He'll do more for the band than whoever the hell has been the bass player(s) since then.

It will also be nice to see a familar face besides Mustaine up there on stage when I see them next month. Instead of the random "nobody's" Dave has been playing with the past four years. Yes, the guys are talented but if you put a picture of them in front of me I couldn't tell you (and I bet a lot of other Megadeth fans couldn't either) who the hell they were and i've seen them live in 2005 and 2007. Ellefson coming back makes the whole RIP tour that much better. I'd rather see him up there playing this album than whoever was in his spot before this.

SerpentineVIVIVI
02-09-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't get how some people are disappointed in Ellefson coming back. He was an original member, co-wrote songs and was part of the bands best musical output (84-92) and part of their best lineup along with Marty and Nick. He'll do more for the band than whoever the hell has been the bass player(s) since then.

It will also be nice to see a familar face besides Mustaine up there on stage when I see them next month. Instead of the random "nobody's" Dave has been playing with the past four years. Yes, the guys are talented but if you put a picture of them in front of me I couldn't tell you (and I bet a lot of other Megadeth fans couldn't either) who the hell they were and i've seen them live in 2005 and 2007. Ellefson coming back makes the whole RIP tour that much better. I'd rather see him up there playing this album than whoever was in his spot before this.

I agree with this very much. Not losing sleep about it, super surprising, but I can't complain. I feel bad for Lomenzo because he was awesome, but this is Dave Ellefson. Nough said.

SomewhereInTime72
02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
I admit it's a pleasant surprise, but I still would be more excited if it were either Marty or Nick. :D

SerpentineVIVIVI
02-09-2010, 01:05 PM
I admit it's a pleasant surprise, but I still would be more excited if it were either Marty or Nick. :D

Nick can't play anymore, that's why he didn't play on System Has Failed. It might be an exaggeration to say he can't play anymore, but he certainly isn't up to RIP standards.

DethMaiden
02-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Marty is too busy doing weirdass shit in Japan.

I don't mean to sound racist, but that country's culture is really fucked up. :eyes:

davidis138
02-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Wtf

what year did you go????

2003-2004 only for my whole freshman year and the first half of my sophmore year. I got kicked out cos they found out I moved to Whittier so I wasn't in the district anymore.

rjturtle9
02-09-2010, 02:06 PM
2003-2004 only for my whole freshman year and the first half of my sophmore year. I got kicked out cos they found out I moved to Whittier so I wasn't in the district anymore.

oh that sucks man.

davidis138
02-09-2010, 03:50 PM
oh that sucks man.

Meh kinda. That school was cool but at the same time not :tp:

rjturtle9
02-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Meh kinda. That school was cool but at the same time not :tp:

I hated that school haha

davidis138
02-10-2010, 02:19 AM
I hated that school haha

I don't know how anyone could. I liked the fights and my friends. What years did you go?

ravenheart
02-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Marty is too busy doing weirdass shit in Japan.

Not weirdass at all. He's making absolutely killer instrumental metal. Heavy as fuck in most cases.

Great live too. I saw him in Italy last year.

ravenheart
02-10-2010, 08:08 AM
I don't get how some people are disappointed in Ellefson coming back.

I'm not really disappointed, I just don't care. It just isn't important. LoMenzo was doing a perfectly good job. Dave Jr. returning adds nothing to Megadeth.

Unless of course he stays long enough to sort out MegaDave's awful songwriting.

JRA
02-10-2010, 08:21 AM

This.

jhdeity
02-10-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm not really disappointed, I just don't care. It just isn't important. LoMenzo was doing a perfectly good job. Dave Jr. returning adds nothing to Megadeth.

Word!

davidis138
02-10-2010, 01:07 PM

Or unless he does the same thing to Junior and doesn't let him write songs again :tp:

Sanitarium78
02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Or unless he does the same thing to Junior and doesn't let him write songs again :tp:

Call it nostaligia or whatever you want but I think Mustaine will let Ellefson in on the songwritting if he stays for the next album. They wrote some good stuff and were successful before when they did that. So, there's no reason to believe that they wouldn't do it again. As long as the past animosity between the two doesn't surface then they should be able to write together again.

Another intresting thing I just thought of. Ellefson has done nothing since leaving Megadeth and needs money. Mustaine has the power, especially after Ellefon's lawsuit, the make him his bitch and do whatever he wants because of that. Not sure if Mustaine would do that but it would be kinda funny if he did in order for Ellefson to make things right between the two.

ravenheart
02-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Ellefson has done nothing since leaving Megadeth and needs money.

Actually, he's been busy as fuck. Recorded six albums, plus a few tracks on a couple of others, and done a fair bit of touring. The money bit may be true though ;)

Indestructible
02-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Another intresting thing I just thought of. Ellefson has done nothing since leaving Megadeth and needs money. Mustaine has the power, especially after Ellefon's lawsuit, the make him his bitch and do whatever he wants because of that. Not sure if Mustaine would do that but it would be kinda funny if he did in order for Ellefson to make things right between the two.

Wouldnt it would be immature for Mustaine to make Ellefson his bitch and order him around seeing has Mustaine is 48 years old. That would give me more of a reason to hate someone more and not make things right.

rjturtle9
02-10-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't know how anyone could. I liked the fights and my friends. What years did you go?

Fights were ok but after my second year there were hardly any.

I went from 2006-2009

TonyD
02-10-2010, 05:13 PM

You're kidding right?

Maiden33
02-10-2010, 05:39 PM
You're kidding right?

Ravenheart must be tired of getting that response by now, haha. ;)

Sanitarium78
02-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Wouldnt it would be immature for Mustaine to make Ellefson his bitch and order him around seeing has Mustaine is 48 years old. That would give me more of a reason to hate someone more and not make things right.

I would be, but I was just sugesting it as a funny thought. Ellefson was in the wrong by suing Mustaine a few years ago. So in order for Ellefson to make things right Mustaine could do that, but he probably wouldn't though. It's just a a goofy idea I had that's all:D

idrinkwine732
02-10-2010, 07:21 PM
You're kidding right?

I was gonna say the same thing, but a man who thinks that can't be thinking clearly.

ravenheart
02-11-2010, 01:29 AM
You're kidding right?

Not in the least. His songwriting on 'Endgame' is ridiculously convoluted. He's focusing too much on biting out rants than he is on writing lyrics and melodies that actually work. I was looking forward to that disc a lot, and was massively disappointed with it, apart from all the lead guitar, which is stellar.

SomewhereInTime72
02-11-2010, 09:38 AM
writing lyrics and melodies that actually work.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with thrash metal bro.

TonyD
02-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Not in the least. His songwriting on 'Endgame' is ridiculously convoluted. He's focusing too much on biting out rants than he is on writing lyrics and melodies that actually work. I was looking forward to that disc a lot, and was massively disappointed with it, apart from all the lead guitar, which is stellar.

You must be listening to a different album. There are a few duds, a few so-so songs, but the ones that stand out stand the fuck out. And you're the guy that usually praises generic, sub-par records.

Dave just gave away the RIP tour setlist. No 1,320 or Hook In Mouth, I can wait for the Carnage tour.
* Set The World Afire
* Wake Up Dead
* In My Darkest Hour
* Sweating Bullets
* Skin O' My Teeth
* Head Crusher
* A Tout Le Monde
* Symphony Of Destruction
* Trust
* Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?

mankvill
02-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Dave just gave away the RIP tour setlist. No 1,320 or Hook In Mouth, I can wait for the Carnage tour.
* Set The World Afire
* Wake Up Dead
* In My Darkest Hour
* Sweating Bullets
* Skin O' My Teeth
* Head Crusher
* A Tout Le Monde
* Symphony Of Destruction
* Trust
* Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?

+ all of RIP, wtf man

TonyD
02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
That was a given, or else I woulda said 'WAT TEH FUCK NO HOLY WARS'

Sanitarium78
02-14-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm hoping where Headcrusher is they're gonna rotate a new song there every night. I really wanna hear This Day We Fight more than anything else off Endgame.

TonyD
02-14-2010, 06:00 PM
For rizzle

Sanitarium78
02-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Regaurdless of what the set is, this RIP tour is gonna be fantastic to see. On a good note according to Megadeth's tour page five of the shows so far including the one i'm going to are sold out already. I'm not surprised that doing RIP in full is helping the tickets to go a little faster than normal:D