this is the set i saw on the DT forums-

Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)
The Lesser Faith
Dream Oblivion
White Noise/Black Silence
The Endless Feed
At the Point of Ignition
Final Resistance

I really thought since this is like a fan expansion type of tour for DT that they would just play their singles and new stuff. I figured dream oblivion and Point of Ignition would be in, but white noise and Endless feed is unexpected but awesome.

Also glad to see that they are gonna keep playing the lesser faith instead of focus shift, lesser faith is a much better song imo.

7 song set makes me happy that im skipping the Baltimore date, save my money to see them twice on a headlining tour this fall/winter :rocker:

side note- KSE stop closing with a cover song, its not good.

Chyck
02-05-2010, 08:51 AM
see them twice on a headlining tour this fall/winter :rocker:

Has official info been posted for this? I missed it.

pantera1115
02-05-2010, 09:24 AM
the only way this show could have been any better is if tdwp didnt play...other than that kse/dt were both fucking amazing last night, I do agree though as much as I like holy diver they should close with somthing else for a change,but holy shit was this show intense I can barley move this morning,every one knew every thing and I couldnt hear howard for alot of the show because the crowd was too loud...im debating going again to the ct show

2/6 ffdp/shadows fall
3/16 soulfly:rocker:

MPF
02-05-2010, 09:25 AM
What the fuck is Dark Tranquillity doing opening up for The Devil Wears Prada? What's next? In Flames opens for Suicide Silence, or Soilwork opening for Atreyu?

Other then that, it seems like a pretty kickass show.

Nathan
02-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Not that it matters,but fixation and breathe life should be switched.Also,I don't know why you have when darkness falls in there because they did not play it,unfortunately :(

mastodon421
02-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Not that it matters,but fixation and breathe life should be switched.Also,I don't know why you have when darkness falls in there because they did not play it,unfortunately :(

I went to the bathroom during that song and I couldn't really make out what it was I thought it was When Darkness Falls do you what it was?

That DT setlist posted on the forum is right but Dream Oblivion and At The Point Of Iginiton are flipped to the order that I posted The same with The Endless Feed and White Noise/Black Silence

xStructualDefect
02-05-2010, 10:54 AM
hmm i'm considering on going to this instead of Black Dahlia Murder. i've seen BDM a bunch of times already and i haven't seen KsE on a headline set since 2007. plus i haven't seen DT since the tour with The Haunted.

Bleedmusic
02-05-2010, 11:01 AM
KSE finally switched around their set a bit. I don't LOVE their new stuff but in a way am glad they are playing more stuff from it this time around. My only complaint would be to take out Holy Diver and add one non-single song from "As Daylight Dies".

Fires Of Sedition
02-05-2010, 11:11 AM
hmm i'm considering on going to this instead of Black Dahlia Murder. i've seen BDM a bunch of times already and i haven't seen KsE on a headline set since 2007. plus i haven't seen DT since the tour with The Haunted.

:nonono:

xStructualDefect
02-05-2010, 11:49 AM
:nonono:

0_o ??

Fires Of Sedition
02-05-2010, 11:58 AM
0_o ??

Dark Tranquillity is amazing, Killswitch is pretty good. DT is only playing 7 songs though. All the bands on the Black Dahlia Murder tour are good.

I don't know, I just think the TBDM show is a better deal. Especially since We Can't Come Up With An Original Name (TDWP) is playing AFTER Dark Tranquillity.

xStructualDefect
02-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Dark Tranquillity is amazing, Killswitch is pretty good. DT is only playing 7 songs though. All the bands on the Black Dahlia Murder tour are good.

I don't know, I just think the TBDM show is a better deal. Especially since We Can't Come Up With An Original Name (TDWP) is playing AFTER Dark Tranquillity.

the BDM show probably is a better deal, especially since that show only adds up to $20 after TM charges. but i'm not digging the opening bands at all, just not my style. i'd only go JUST for BDM if anything.

the KsE show sounds like a deal to me though. i think i'd have a lot more fun at this show overall. i wanna see DT again either way even if they only play a few songs. TDWP playing doesn't really bother me. a bad band on a lineup doesn't ruin a lineup for me. all of their fans will get slaughtered anyways when KsE and DT plays.

i'd go to both shows if i could, but both shows are literally on the same day and even a few miles apart from eachother.

Chyck
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
i'd go to both shows if i could, but both shows are literally on the same day and even a few miles apart from eachother.

Try a two hour drive apart. I'm probably making the hike to Boston instead of nearby Hartford. Hopefully by then DT will have announced some other tour dates.

Sanitarium78
02-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Nice to see KSE adding some more stuff to the set. But the cover of Holy Diver needs to go. As a big Dio fan I can say that this cover is not good at all.

I think Daylight Dies would make a better closer instead.

Fires Of Sedition
02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
the BDM show probably is a better deal, especially since that show only adds up to $20 after TM charges. but i'm not digging the opening bands at all, just not my style. i'd only go JUST for BDM if anything.

the KsE show sounds like a deal to me though. i think i'd have a lot more fun at this show overall. i wanna see DT again either way even if they only play a few songs. TDWP playing doesn't really bother me. a bad band on a lineup doesn't ruin a lineup for me. all of their fans will get slaughtered anyways when KsE and DT plays.

Ah, I didn't realize you didn't like Obscura. If you like DT and KsE more, that's cool, you should go see whoever you like best. :fist:

MusicDude415
02-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Im pissed that I have to miss this tonight. With the impending snow storm heading my way, AC is expected to get 2 feet. There is NO WAY im driving down there. Hope Killswitch will come around again over the summer, still havent seen them live yet.

mankvill
02-05-2010, 01:20 PM
I cannot fucking stand TDWP songtitles. :mad:

Fires Of Sedition
02-05-2010, 01:23 PM

Samesies. Also hate their band name. I hated them before I ever listened to them because they named their band after that book/movie.

xStructualDefect
02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Ah, I didn't realize you didn't like Obscura. If you like DT and KsE more, that's cool, you should go see whoever you like best. :fist:

i've given them a listen and it wasn't really my thing. i probably wouldn't mind seeing them though. i actually like Black Dahlia Murder more than both banfs, but BDM would be my only reason for going, if i liked the lineup better i'd probably go. KsE on the other hand puts on an amazing show every time i see them. i have a blast each time. i'm gonna have to think about this, especially since the KsE show is $38 after charges whereas BDM is $20 after charges.

BlackmoreOfBowling
02-05-2010, 04:03 PM
What the fuck is Dark Tranquillity doing opening up for The Devil Wears Prada? What's next? In Flames opens for Suicide Silence, or Soilwork opening for Atreyu?

At The Gates reunites and opens on a tour with Trivium.

maidenpriest
02-05-2010, 04:24 PM
At The Gates reunites and opens on a tour with Trivium.

that would be bullshit. and i was hoping that DT would at least have played punish my heaven but oh well. looking forward to their headlining tour later in the year

omerta400
02-06-2010, 07:20 AM
KSE did not play life to lifeless :confused:The song they did play that you may have confused it with was Temple From The Within:rocker:

Fratt
02-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Poor Dark Tranquillity. :confused:

This is pretty much exaclty how I felt. I mean, they've been playing for 20 years now, only to open for The Devil Wears Prada ... what a shame.

ksefog
02-06-2010, 09:20 AM
They did not play...
Life to Lifeless or When Darkness Falls

They played...
Temple from the Within and Self Revolution

Just thought I'd clear that up ;), so glad they played Self Revolution though.

mastodon421
02-06-2010, 11:57 AM
They did not play...
Life to Lifeless or When Darkness Falls

They played...
Temple from the Within and Self Revolution

Just thought I'd clear that up ;), so glad they played Self Revolution though.

Self Revolution was the song I fucked up on I was in the bathroom my dipshit friend told me they played When Darkness Falls. Sorry for the confusion.

mastodon421
02-06-2010, 12:00 PM

I agree they have stupid-ass song titles The only that ever made me even chuckle was Lord Xenu.

omerta400
02-06-2010, 02:32 PM
The missing songs from TDWP set list were Goats on a Boat and I believe Reptar, King of the Ozone. Anyone correct me if I am wrong about the last one.

idrinkwine732
02-06-2010, 04:33 PM
^Why do you know that?

Also, this is quite an AOJB heavy setlist...i like that.

Too bad I'm going to TBDM instead.

omerta400
02-06-2010, 07:07 PM
^Why do you know that?

Are you refering to why I know the missing songs? I was at the show and know all TDWP songs well.

mastodon421
02-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I just corrected TDWP set. Also if anyone cares here are my ratings for the bands that played

Dark Tranquilty 8.5/10-Really great set. Interesting set choices but a really great performance and the crowd was more into them then expected

The Devil Wears Prada 6.5/10- They are a guilty pleasure of mine. Not bad but their song choice was kinda lame.

Killswitch Engage 9.5/10-Outstanding. They put together a great setlist that blended their older and newer material really well. As usual great energy and the whole place was going nuts. Would like to see Take This Oath and This Is Absolution on their next headlining tour but besides that fantastic.

WageSlave
02-07-2010, 09:55 PM
did killswitch do a wall of death? and why the fuck did DWP not play Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over? lol

InFlames
02-07-2010, 10:15 PM
What time did DT hit the stage? Any local bands?

broncoz
02-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Has official info been posted for this? I missed it.

I said something on twitter to them about opening for TDWP and they said don't worry, there will be both support and headline tours in the US for this album. Also then in an interview for a magazine or something Stanne said they will be doing a full production headline tour just like they do in Europe after festival season (and i'm guessing after a Euro tour), so i'm guessing it will be more like december.

mastodon421
02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
What time did DT hit the stage? Any local bands?

Dark Tranquilty went from 7:30-8:00 at my show no there was no local bands.

Dominicus 1988
02-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Temple Within is awesome I just wish Dark Tranquility had a longer set and Element of One was played. I'm crossing my fingers for a change of set lists.

Fires Of Sedition
02-20-2010, 11:03 AM
did killswitch do a wall of death? and why the fuck did DWP not play Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over? lol

Why the fuck is DWP even liked by anyone?

idrinkwine732
02-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Why the fuck is DWP even liked by anyone?
That's a great question.

WageSlave
02-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Because I do, i enjoy a couple of their songs. And dogs can grow beards all over is one of their better songs. Least im not one of the hardcore scene invisible ninja fighting douches you see at these shows. I was at this tour for all bands involved. Excuse me for being able to enjoy all 3 bands