PDA

View Full Version : Shadows Fall -- Baltimore, MD -- February 4th, 2010

the chewbacca defense
02-04-2010, 08:17 PM
This was a one off headlining show with them SF headlining and 2 Cents and 2 local openers as the open.
Setlist for Shadows Fall
My Demise
Thoughts Without Words
Still I Rise
What Drives The Weak
King of Nothing
Destroyer of Senses
Inspiration on Demand
The Power of I and I :rocker::rocker:
Enlightened By the Cold :party::eek:
A Public Execution
Bark at the Moon
The Light That Blinds

Also caught one of Jason Bitner's used drum sticks (as it has the black grip on it).

Great show. My throat hurts like a mother fucker, and my kneck does to as its good headbanging music.

Oh and 2 Cents did a Pantera cover of "Strength Beyond Strength :rocker: and Brian came out to help with vocals

The_jman
02-04-2010, 09:23 PM
they need to play redemption.

illninoese
02-04-2010, 09:53 PM
they need to play Crushing Belial, Fleshold, and The Idiot Box

x-voltage
02-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Pretty good set. I want to see War on there. I wish they were on mainstage at Mayhem so they can play a set as long as this one. Take Korn off of the main stage, bump every other band up a slot, and put Shadows Fall in the fourth spot on main stage.

Derelict
02-05-2010, 04:43 AM
They really should play at least one song of "Of One Blood," seeing as how its their best album.

jhdeity
02-05-2010, 04:49 AM
What a great show. Even better was the party at The Field House afterwards. It was literally 12-1 girl/guy ratio. Having college girls trying to pronounce Meshuggah was hilarious.

2 cents killed it. That drummer frontman was hilarious and it's amazing watching him tear up the kit and sing at the same time. They made many new fans last night. Strength beyond Strength was epic!

Shadows Fall were flawless. That lead guitarist shredded every solo and didn't miss 1 note all night. I was yelling for Crushing Belial at the end of the night but with Brian being sick I didn't think it would happen. Redemption would have been cool though since he only sings half of it.

Overall a great show and I stand by my statement that Shadows Fall are the msot underrated band out there. Their drummer is a monster, the lead guitarist is flawless, the harmonizing vocals were spot on and they have one of the best frontmen out there. The best $12 you can spend...

Indestructible
02-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Good set I hope they keep in My Demise,A Public Execution and King of Nothing when I see them on the 11th.

bt11763
02-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Brian Fair is one of the greatest front men in metal today. Sick as a dog and he still goes out, and a one-off date to boot.

Indestructible
02-05-2010, 08:45 AM
I assume Brians voice was still great even thoe he was sick.

Sanitarium78
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I stand by my statement that Shadows Fall are the msot underrated band out there. Their drummer is a monster, the lead guitarist is flawless, the harmonizing vocals were spot on and they have one of the best frontmen out there. The best $12 you can spend...

I completely agree with you on them being underrated. They're the best modern day metal band out there right now. Why they don't get more respect or have more fans boggels my mind. There's nothing about them a metal fan shouldn't like. They have a great old school thrash sound with a modern feel to it and they just do metal the way it's meant to be.

I was a little disappointed to see how short the set was. When I saw them headline on the last tour they did 15 songs. But if Brian was sick I understand why the set may have been a little short.

Hope he's feeling better when I go to see them and 5FDP next week.

jhdeity
02-05-2010, 12:23 PM
they need to play Crushing Belial, Fleshold, and The Idiot Box

No doubt. Would have killed to hear any of those 3. I like Redemption and In Effigy and with harmonizing vocals I thought they might do 1 or both.

For being sick he still sounded great. The club stage at Sonar kinda sucks and the sound could have been better but they still sounded powerful and clean.

Who knew a strobe light would make a mosh pit a million times more treacherous? I accidentally clotheslined a guy. My bad...

xStructualDefect
02-05-2010, 12:45 PM
lol i think they hate Threads of Life. maybe they're gonna completely ignore that album from now on. similar to how Trivium ignores The Crusade nowadays. it'd still be nice to hear Redemption though. does anyone know why they never play In Effigy? one of their best songs,

the chewbacca defense
02-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Actually since i was right up front (i was the dude in the Dimmu "religion sickens me" shirt), they had "forevermore on the setlist but it was crossed off

Sanitarium78
02-05-2010, 05:00 PM
lol i think they hate Threads of Life. maybe they're gonna completely ignore that album from now on. similar to how Trivium ignores The Crusade nowadays. it'd still be nice to hear Redemption though. does anyone know why they never play In Effigy? one of their best songs,

In Effigy was played when I saw them headline on the TOL tour. They're probably not doing it becuae of the time constraits(and Brian being sick for this show) they've got opening for 5FDP. Who are an all right band but aren't in the same league as SF. They're really lowering themselves i think by opening for them. But I guess SF sees an opportunity to possibly get some newer/younger fans by taking the spot so utimitley I can't really blame them for doing it.

bt11763
02-06-2010, 07:23 PM

i agree with your comparison, after all they did drop their label and make their own after that album.

i however, still like the album. forevermore is a fucking amazing song.