PDA

View Full Version : Headliner epic fail thats been upsetting me a lot

andrew_metalhead
02-03-2010, 01:04 PM
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=415714183

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Holy shit that's fucked up. I'm sorry man. What a bunch of bull shit.

mankvill
02-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Holy shit dude.

I can't even imagine how that must feel. :(

Derelict
02-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Holy shit - Richard Marx!?!??! That guy had one of the worst sensitive mullets of the 80s

Sanitarium78
02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Damn, dude i'm sorry about that. I didn't even think those two acts were active anymore. Even if they booked some modern day pop acts I might at least be able to kind of understand that. But these acts most popular days were 20 years ago for one and 10 for the other. It really shows not only how out of touch the promoter is with the fans but how out of touch they are about music in general.

I know bands don't get there to often but nobody deserves this no matter what kinda music they like.

converge241
02-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Whats the story? (myspace blocked @ work)

Natrlhi
02-04-2010, 05:22 AM
That's some epic bullshit is what that is. Sorry to hear it. :mad:

Derelict
02-04-2010, 05:44 AM
That's some epic bullshit is what that is. Sorry to hear it. :mad:

wherever you go, whatever you do, I'll be right there waiting for you

Natrlhi
02-04-2010, 05:56 AM
wherever you go, whatever you do, I'll be right there waiting for you

Um...thanks? :eyes:

Derelict
02-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Um...thanks? :eyes:

isnt that the crappy song richard marx is known for?

Sinfulsot
02-04-2010, 07:51 AM

it is indeed.

Natrlhi
02-04-2010, 08:11 AM

Yeah, and that shit makes my ears bleed. BTW, I am ultra-ashamed of you for knowing that. :nonono: Dude. Seriouisly.

;)

Derelict
02-04-2010, 09:38 AM
The crap i had to listen to in my mom's car - im having ptsd just thinking about it

Natrlhi
02-04-2010, 10:30 AM
The crap i had to listen to in my mom's car - im having ptsd just thinking about it

:lol: That's funny. My parents weren't too bad. They went through phases. Some of the music involved in said phases happened to be The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, so :fist:. Some of it was Alan Parsons Project, J. Giels Band, Jefferson Starship, Boston, Kansas, Tom Petty, The Eagles, The Cars, Fleetwood Mac, Heart, etc. - so that wasn't horrible either. Then my dad started listening to country when I was like 12 years old, but my parents ended up getting divorced soon after that and I went to live with my mom, so luckily I didn't have to listen to too much of that shit (only when I went for visits). After the divorce, it was only a year or two before I really started getting into metal, so overall, I've had pretty decent music around me growing up. :D Sorry about your musical trauma. :(

Derelict
02-04-2010, 10:40 AM
My dad played a ton of Pink Floyd, which was a good thing. We lived with my mom though, so that was a lot of rides to the mall listening to crappy music. I remember getting the Carnivore "Carnivore/Retaliation" double disc at the mall one day, and popping it into my mom's cd player for the ride home. Hearing the music stop, and Pete Steel yelling "IF YOU CANT EAT IT OR FUCK IT, THEN KIIIIIIILLLLLL IIIIIIITTTT," while sitting next to my mom, was not a highlight of my youth.

Natrlhi
02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
My dad played a ton of Pink Floyd, which was a good thing. We lived with my mom though, so that was a lot of rides to the mall listening to crappy music. I remember getting the Carnivore "Carnivore/Retaliation" double disc at the mall one day, and popping it into my mom's cd player for the ride home. Hearing the music stop, and Pete Steel yelling "IF YOU CANT EAT IT OR FUCK IT, THEN KIIIIIIILLLLLL IIIIIIITTTT," while sitting next to my mom, was not a highlight of my youth.In the immortal words of Larry the Cable Guy, "I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there." :D

(I had that album, so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. :fist:)

Derelict
02-04-2010, 11:01 AM
In the immortal words of Larry the Cable Guy, "I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there." :D

(I had that album, so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. :fist:)

Also, when i was 15 and my brother 13, she had to drive us to a Ministry show...she asked us if they were a christian band

rjturtle9
02-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Also, when i was 15 and my brother 13, she had to drive us to a Ministry show...she asked us if they were a christian band

:lol: you should have said yes, would you like to join us.

Crionics
02-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Hi guys I am new here and am of Indian heritage. And I just want to say that this is definitely not what the Indian metal fans want. Hopefully the promoters will realize that this was a horrible decision and bring Judas Priest or Slayer next year :rocker:

Natrlhi
02-05-2010, 06:23 AM
Welcome to the board. I think I speak for most of us when I say that this was a terrible decision on the part of the organizers. Almost insulting, really. I don't blame you and Andrew for being pissed. Anyway, nice to have you on board.

Crionics
02-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah, thanks for the welcome :horns:

Pastulio_
02-05-2010, 03:32 PM
OMG THE BACKSTREET BOYS ARE STILL TOGETHER?

...Seriously? That seems like a cruel, elaborate joke.

ADD
02-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Didn't click on this thread til now, but indeed, tis some major fuckedupness.

ravenheart
02-06-2010, 05:58 AM
Lol. Old news, don't care. Sorry.

Citatet
02-06-2010, 06:20 AM
I really think that is intresting how some promoters choose to get metalbands to play a few years and then suddenly just stop booking metalbands. Itīs like they know that metalbands draw huge crowds and then suddenly just stop booking them thinking like: "The metalcrowd will still come".

Here in Sweden we once just had one rockfestival called "Hultsfred" which was big enough to book big international artists. Mostly pop-artists though, like Oasis, Blur, Mary J Blidge and so on.

In the beginning of the 21th century they saw a steadily decline in attendance and therefore in 2005 they decided to get metalacts. So in 2005 the headliners was: Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Slayer, Slipknot and System of a Down.

Needless to say the festival sold out. However gradually the floowing years there wasnīt as much metal booked and the attendance once again started to decline. So last year was supposed to be the last Hultsfredfestival. However thanks to the municipality of Hulstfred there will be festial in 2010 only smaller and only swedish artists.

Sorry for the off-topic. But to Andrew I think thatthe promoters of Rock in India will see that booking those kinds of bands will not draw the huge crowds as metalbands do ;)

Sanitarium78
02-06-2010, 11:00 AM

Well a lot of us I guess aren't "in the know" like you are so this is the first a lot of people are hearing about it.

Travis The Dragon
02-06-2010, 08:00 PM
There are multiple blogs at that Myspace link so I'm not sure what you're all talking about.

The_jman
02-06-2010, 09:13 PM
There are multiple blogs at that Myspace link so I'm not sure what you're all talking about.
its the blog post that is entitled epic fail aor something that is what the thread title is... has to do with the rock festival...

which btw, is a load of crap.
if it was modern pop I might be able to see it, but... are they trying to say the fans aren't aware of what new music is popular by booking these two? wtf. sorry Man... fail..

Travis The Dragon
02-07-2010, 07:32 PM
its the blog post that is entitled epic fail aor something that is what the thread title is... has to do with the rock festival...

which btw, is a load of crap.
if it was modern pop I might be able to see it, but... are they trying to say the fans aren't aware of what new music is popular by booking these two? wtf. sorry Man... fail..

I don't see a blog post entitled epic fail.

What rock festival?

andrew_metalhead
02-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't see a blog post entitled epic fail.

What rock festival?

The blog entry is titled "this has been upsetting me quite a bit"

Sorry about the confusion. The link posted here is for my myspace blog which I've updated a couple of times after writing this one. So just scroll down a little bit and you'll see it.

The_jman
02-07-2010, 07:57 PM
The blog entry is titled "this has been upsetting me quite a bit"

Sorry about the confusion. The link posted here is for my myspace blog which I've updated a couple of times after writing this one. So just scroll down a little bit and you'll see it.
Oops, I knew part of the title was in the title of this thread, just got the wrong part...
So far everyone I've told since reading the blog yesterday thinks this is utterly retarded. Are the recruiters the only ones that don't think that is utterly stupid?

andrew_metalhead
02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Oops, I knew part of the title was in the title of this thread, just got the wrong part...
So far everyone I've told since reading the blog yesterday thinks this is utterly retarded. Are the recruiters the only ones that don't think that is utterly stupid?

Yup.

ADD
02-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Dude you such a fuckin grouch, every post you make, guess I can't blame you though must not get a lotta sun out there.

Travis The Dragon
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Damn, that does suck! I could just kill those organizers! However, I'm a bit confused about something. You mention that in 2007, '08, and '09, you had metal festivals. Then you say this:
It looks like the people have to still wait longer to finally see a major rock act.
Finally? They already saw major rock acts in the past 3 years. So, where do you get finally from? That indicates there has never been a major rock act, ever.

One final thing: you mention that there was no food or water for the festivals. You mean to say that they don't have any vendors selling food, water, and beer? Strange.

andrew_metalhead
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Damn, that does suck! I could just kill those organizers! However, I'm a bit confused about something. You mention that in 2007, '08, and '09, you had metal festivals. Then you say this:

Finally? They already saw major rock acts in the past 3 years. So, where do you get finally from? That indicates there has never been a major rock act, ever.

One final thing: you mention that there was no food or water for the festivals. You mean to say that they don't have any vendors selling food, water, and beer? Strange.

Did you even read the whole thing? Maiden played there in 07, 08 and 09, Machine Head and Megadeth in 08.

A gap of more than one year (from 2009 to 2010) counts as being "finally" for me. Imagine seeing just one show after a whole year.

Food and water are sold but the whole thing is GA so most people don't want to leave their spot to buy that stuff, specially because its just the one concert they'll get to see whole year.

Travis The Dragon
02-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Did you even read the whole thing? Maiden played there in 07, 08 and 09, Machine Head and Megadeth in 08.

A gap of more than one year (from 2009 to 2010) counts as being "finally" for me. Imagine seeing just one show after a whole year.

Food and water are sold but the whole thing is GA so most people don't want to leave their spot to buy that stuff, specially because its just the one concert they'll get to see whole year.

Yep, I read the entire thing. Not sure why you ask.

Ah, I understand what you mean by "finally". And see why people don't want to give up their spot.

I wish your country the very best of luck in getting more metal acts over there more than once a year. They've shown more than enough proof that metal is quite popular over there! I live in the USA as well and I was complaining that we don't get metal festivals like the 15 a year in Europe, but now I don't feel so bad about that after seeing what little countries like India get. I sure hope your people get more in the future!

andrew_metalhead
02-08-2010, 03:17 PM

Ah, I understand what you mean by "finally". And see why people don't want to give up their spot.

I wish your country the very best of luck in getting more metal acts over there more than once a year. They've shown more than enough proof that metal is quite popular over there! I live in the USA as well and I was complaining that we don't get metal festivals like the 15 a year in Europe, but now I don't feel so bad about that after seeing what little countries like India get. I sure hope your people get more in the future!

Thanks man!

Wizzbang11
02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
I fully understand why people don't tour in India. Sure, a band like Maiden can draw a huge festival crowd, but when bands have trouble selling tickets in Europe and America, I have no idea why they would bother going to India, where I am sure there are substantially less fans and with the travel costs/issues I bet it's not a very good financial decision if you are not a band like Maiden. So with that said, if none of the most famous rock bands were available/wanting to make the trek there, then I can see why they would choose a popular pop band as I am sure they would sell equal to if not more tickets than a hard rock or metal act.

The_jman
02-09-2010, 01:24 PM

Not to be a dick, but what part of India is a "Small country?"

Wizzbang11
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Not to be a dick, but what part of India is a "Small country?"

The part that likes metal.

Fratt
02-09-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/rock-in-india-1024x617.jpg

Epic protestation (Rock in India's page been hacked)

Wizzbang11
02-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Awesome, gay jokes, comedic genius.