PDA

View Full Version : Nile -- Hollywood, CA -- February 2nd, 2010

andrew_metalhead
02-03-2010, 01:48 AM
All bands put up a great show except for the first band Rose Funeral. I only have set lists for Dreaming Dead and Nile. If anyone knows the songs that Krisiun and Immolation played, please post.

Pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=149870&id=628232132&l=9ef17718c9

Dreaming Dead:
1. Midnight
2. Stairs
3. Putrid
4. Exile
5. Insanity

Nile:
1. Kafir
2. Sacrifice Unto Sebek
3. Hittite Dung Incantation
4. Serpent Headed Mask
5. Ithyphallic
6. Execration Text
7. Papyrus
8. The 4th Era Of Dagon
9. Permitting The Noble Dead
10.Sacrophagus
11.Lashed To The Slave Stick
12.Cast Down The Heretic
13.Black Seeds Of Vengeance

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 02:07 AM
....fucking rose funeral? If they are at the Tulsa show I'm going to be fucking pissed.

I sent you a friend request thing on Facebook, by the way.

xStructualDefect
02-03-2010, 02:13 AM
....fucking rose funeral? If they are at the Tulsa show I'm going to be fucking pissed.

they're on the entire tour. so looks like you get to see your favorite band. :D

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 02:34 AM
WHAT THE FUCK. I HAVE TO SIT THROUGH THAT GOD DAMNED PIECE OF SHIT AGAIN. SINCE WHEN DID THEY GET ON THIS TOUR?! WHY THE FUCK ARE THESE BANDS LETTING THEM TOUR WITH THEM. GOD FUCKING DAMNIT. IF THEY EVEN LOOK AT ME I AM BEATING THEIR FACES IN WITH MY SHOE.

xStructualDefect
02-03-2010, 03:23 AM
WHAT THE FUCK. I HAVE TO SIT THROUGH THAT GOD DAMNED PIECE OF SHIT AGAIN. SINCE WHEN DID THEY GET ON THIS TOUR?! WHY THE FUCK ARE THESE BANDS LETTING THEM TOUR WITH THEM. GOD FUCKING DAMNIT. IF THEY EVEN LOOK AT ME I AM BEATING THEIR FACES IN WITH MY SHOE.

sounds like you're gonna have a great time.

jhdeity
02-03-2010, 04:26 AM

I'm with you. How did that happen?

idrinkwine732
02-03-2010, 05:36 AM

Weren't at my show...

xStructualDefect
02-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Weren't at my show...

maybe they just recently joined, because i checked their myspace and they're on the rest of remaining dates of the tour.

Natrlhi
02-03-2010, 08:22 AM

Incorrect. They were not on my date either.

Natrlhi
02-03-2010, 08:23 AM
sounds like you're gonna have a great time.
:lol:

Natrlhi
02-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Dreaming Dead:
1. Midnight
2. Stairs
3. Putrid
4. Exile
5. Insanity

I'm betting you grabbed a copy of the set list. :D The full song titles are:

Midnightmares
Stairs Into the Vortex
Putrid Is the Sky
Exile
Insanity Reigns

...this is the same set they played in Cleveland. How did you like them?

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 08:43 AM
So I just told my friends about this piece of shit news, they are all extremely fucking pissed. Everyone including my huge, buff, body builder cousin are going to beat their asses after the show if they start shit.

How many songs did this retarded band play?

Natrlhi
02-03-2010, 08:53 AM
So I just told my friends about this piece of shit news, they are all extremely fucking pissed. Everyone including my huge, buff, body builder cousin are going to beat their asses after the show if they start shit.

How many songs did this retarded band play?

Dude, I wouldn't sweat this news so much. Damn. They are probably playing first, so just stay outside the venue until about half an hour after the show starts, and problem solved. Sheeit, mang. :eyes:

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 09:06 AM
I told all my friends that we'll just not go to the stage until after they are done playing. One of the guitarists said he'd guestlist me to their next show (they were talking a lot of shit on Youtube) so I just told him I'm going, and I asked him if his band was going to ruin ALL the good tours. So maybe I'll get in free and give my ticket to a friend. But this venue is TINY. After the show it will be easy for them to find me and start shit, especially since I'll be everywhere, trying to talk to the good bands and get pictures and what not. So it's not like I'm going there just to fight, I'm going to avoid it if possible.

Natrlhi
02-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Apparently you have history with these guys. I either did not know that or had forgotten. Who knows - they may not even remember you.

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Apparently you have history with these guys. I either did not know that or had forgotten. Who knows - they may not even remember you.

Haha they remember me. The retarded Youtube war went on for a few weeks AFTER the Vader show. My friends want me to make a shirt that says EXCREMENTHAMMER (my Youtube name) really big, but like I said, I want to avoid this childish shit if possible.

But who knows, if they do start shit and get their asses beat, maybe they'll stop ruining good tours.

Chyck
02-03-2010, 09:26 AM
But who knows, if they do start shit and get their asses beat, maybe they'll stop ruining good tours.

Because everyone stops trying to fulfill their dreams when they get into a fight and/or beat up. That's logical.

Natrlhi
02-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Because everyone stops trying to fulfill their dreams when they get into a fight and/or beat up. That's logical.

:eyes:

:lol:

:eyes:

andrew_metalhead
02-03-2010, 09:32 AM
maybe they just recently joined, because i checked their myspace and they're on the rest of remaining dates of the tour.

They said its their second show on the tour. Didn't mention if they'll do all the remaining dates. I'm assuming they will.

andrew_metalhead
02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm betting you grabbed a copy of the set list. :D The full song titles are:

Midnightmares
Stairs Into the Vortex
Putrid Is the Sky
Exile
Insanity Reigns

...this is the same set they played in Cleveland. How did you like them?

Yup didn't know their song titles. Got the list from the stage. They were good! The guitarist with the red hair also plays in a band called Meldrum with Gene Hoglan. I've seen that band. She is great!

Natrlhi
02-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Yup didn't know their song titles. Got the list from the stage. They were good! The guitarist with the red hair also plays in a band called Meldrum with Gene Hoglan. I've seen that band. She is great!Yeah, she told me about that when I met her after the show. She's a real sweetie. She also did a great job with the crowd while she was on stage - leaning into the crowd and throwing up devil horns and whatnot. I also talked to Elizabeth after their set, and I told her that they should keep Laura around because she gets the crowd fired up and shit. Apparently, the two gals have been friends for a long time, and even though Liz said they really don't have an obvious opening for another full-time guitar player, the door is always open for Laura to tour with them anytime they are on the road. Both those chicks can really shred!

andrew_metalhead
02-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah, she told me about that when I met her after the show. She's a real sweetie. She also did a great job with the crowd while she was on stage - leaning into the crowd and throwing up devil horns and whatnot. I also talked to Elizabeth after their set, and I told her that they should keep Laura around because she gets the crowd fired up and shit. Apparently, the two gals have been friends for a long time, and even though Liz said they really don't have an obvious opening for another full-time guitar player, the door is always open for Laura to tour with them anytime they are on the road. Both those chicks can really shred!

They sure can shred! \m/

bt11763
02-03-2010, 10:13 AM
but like I said, I want to avoid this childish shit if possible.

:lol::lol::lol:

irony?

mankvill
02-03-2010, 10:50 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

irony?

that's not jhdeity, bro

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 12:24 PM
I've calmed down a bit and I'd like to apologize for the outburst of stupid shit I said.

I'm still pissed off though.

mankvill
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
I've calmed down a bit and I'd like to apologize for the outburst of stupid shit I said.

I'm still pissed off though.

I think the worst thing you can do to Rose Funeral is just ignore them. Do not boo them, don't yell at them, just turn your backs to them or go walk around during their set.

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I think the worst thing you can do to Rose Funeral is just ignore them. Do not boo them, don't yell at them, just turn your backs to them or go walk around during their set.

I'm going to do what my friends Phil and BJ did when we saw them at the Vader show: Go sit in the comfortable booths the venue has, and laugh.

andrew_metalhead
02-03-2010, 12:55 PM

+1.

mankvill
02-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm going to do what my friends Phil and BJ did when we saw them at the Vader show: Go sit in the comfortable booths the venue has, and laugh.

Bring some cards.

little miss watain
02-03-2010, 01:00 PM

i was at the first date at the sonar...i didn't get a rose funeral either...and by the sounds of derision i'm hearing, i guess i lucked out...
lineup for that date was a local baltimore band whose name escapes me, dreaming dead, krisiun, immolation & of course, nile...i know the setlists are up for that show...

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Bring some cards.

THANK YOU.

We would have been bored as tits and pissed off. I was trying to think of something to do during Flower Life Celebration, playing cards is perfect.

little miss watain
02-03-2010, 01:03 PM

or if you smoke it's a great excuse to go have a few...i know i've done that for bands i don't like or just plain suck...

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 01:05 PM
i was at the first date at the sonar...i didn't get a rose funeral either...and by the sounds of derision i'm hearing, i guess i lucked out...
lineup for that date was a local baltimore band whose name escapes me, dreaming dead, krisiun, immolation & of course, nile...i know the setlists are up for that show...

You ARE lucky. rose funeral is probably the worst deathcore band there is. Think emmure, suicide silence, white chapel, all the other generic, palm muting only bands and you have rose funeral. I don't know why the keep appearing on good tours they don't belong on.

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 01:08 PM
or if you smoke it's a great excuse to go have a few...i know i've done that for bands i don't like or just plain suck...

I've only smoked 2 cigarettes my entire life and hated it both times. And I stopped smoking pot a little over 2 years ago. =/

rjturtle9
02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
THANK YOU.

We would have been bored as tits and pissed off. I was trying to think of something to do during Flower Life Celebration, playing cards is perfect.

Uno or Yu-Gi-Oh for bonus points ;)

300%_Density
02-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Fuckin right I'll be looking for the UNO booth here next Friday when I come down!!!! Possibly maybe some type of board game?

mankvill
02-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Fuckin right I'll be looking for the UNO booth here next Friday when I come down!!!! Possibly maybe some type of board game?

I would say Risk, but I think the game would outlast the set.

rjturtle9
02-03-2010, 04:55 PM

Candyland haha

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I would say Risk, but I think the game would outlast the set.

I watched my friends play Lord Of The Rings Risk and it confused the balls off me. Maybe I'll bring Scattergories because it's fun and funny.

300% Density, what do you look like so we can flag you down and make you play with us?

This is me and Dez from DevilDriver (http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=3012439&id=656525588)

And I will be wearing this (http://www.electric-amphetamine.biz/USERIMAGES/NILE%20TORCHES%20TS.JPG) shirt

300%_Density
02-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Wouldn't Risk be more for somebody w/ Dream Theater-like songs??? Haha.

Fires of Sedition: wasn't able to see the pic w/ you & Dez but saw the Nile shirt. Look for a guy w/ goatee & long sideburns. We will rock the fuck outta Uno. Lol

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Wouldn't Risk be more for somebody w/ Dream Theater-like songs??? Haha.

Fires of Sedition: wasn't able to see the pic w/ you & Dez but saw the Nile shirt. Look for a guy w/ goatee & long sideburns. We will rock the fuck outta Uno. Lol

Hahaha alrighty, sweet. I'll probably be at the front of the line, being loud and laughing with my friends. We'll save you a spot :fist:

SomewhereInTime72
02-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Lord Of The Rings Risk

awesome game, used to play it weekly

rjturtle9
02-03-2010, 10:14 PM
We will rock the fuck outta Uno. Lol

:fist:

and By the way, i thought it was funny that your pic of the shirt had the back showing, even though it had no picture on that side ha

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 10:25 PM
:fist:

and By the way, i thought it was funny that your pic of the shirt had the back showing, even though it had no picture on that side ha'

Haha, right? It was the only one that was kind of big on Google Images.

Fires Of Sedition
02-03-2010, 10:26 PM
awesome game, used to play it weekly

My friends did too, don't know if they still do or not though.

raiderjp
02-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Well I do not know the Krisiun or Immolation setlists, but I can say that this was DEFINITELY worth the drive to Hollywood on a Tuesday night. It's just a show you can't miss.

Plus, getting a pick from Dallas made it that much better. :tongue:

andrew_metalhead
02-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Review is up.

http://www.fullmetalrock.com/Nile.html

christopher
02-06-2010, 11:29 AM
I thought it was a cool show but I was really disappointed with Nile's set list. It was at least 20 minutes shorter than the tour in 2008. They need to take out Ityphallic, 4th Arra of Dagon and Sarcophagus out of the set cause those songs are so slow and boring.

Fires Of Sedition
02-06-2010, 11:36 AM
I thought it was a cool show but I was really disappointed with Nile's set list. It was at least 20 minutes shorter than the tour in 2008. They need to take out Ityphallic, 4th Arra of Dagon and Sarcophagus out of the set cause those songs are so slow and boring.

Ithyphallic and 4th Arra Of Dagon are 10x better than Black Seeds Of Vengeance and Serpent Headed Mask. And before everyone gets pissy thinking I'm stating that as a fact, let me add IMO.

raiderjp
02-07-2010, 03:15 AM
I think adding the slower songs into the set gives it more variety. Plus, I really like Sarcophagus. :tongue:

SerpentineVIVIVI
02-07-2010, 06:07 AM
Ithyphallic and 4th Arra Of Dagon are 10x better than Black Seeds Of Vengeance and Serpent Headed Mask. And before everyone gets pissy thinking I'm stating that as a fact, let me add IMO.

:agree::fist:

mastodon421
02-07-2010, 09:41 AM
I know i'm late to the party on this one but why the hell is Rose Funeral playing with Nile? Has Karl Sanders ever listened to Rose Funeral?

Fires Of Sedition
02-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I know i'm late to the party on this one but why the hell is Rose Funeral playing with Nile? Has Karl Sanders ever listened to Rose Funeral?

:lol: andrew_metalhead is interviewing Nile sometime today, I asked him to ask why rose funeral is touring with them and he said he would.

Polock91
02-07-2010, 09:58 PM

for the most part, bands dont often get to choose who they tour with. The Colonel probably had no say in who was being put on the tour....

andrew_metalhead
03-07-2010, 04:09 PM
In case anyone's interested, I just spoke to Ross Dolan of Immolation on the phone.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/030710_Immolation.php

Magson13
03-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Rose funeral's wikipedia got deleted:rocker: