View Full Version : Exodus -- St. Paul, MN -- January 30th, 2010

jeremysaal
01-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Tour: Tyrants of Evil
Headliner: Arch Enemy
Support: Nuisance, Mutiny Within, Arsis, & Exodus
Venue: The Rock, Maplewood, MN
Date: January 30, 2010

It has been a while since I've seen an Exodus set list thread here, so I decided to break this show out a bit.

I made it to the venue right before Arsis took the stage, so I missed Nuisance and Mutiny Within. I don't care much for the vocals, so I don't have much of a positive opinion on Arsis. They were heavy and the crowd was totally into them. I can't complain on vocals too much, as I listen to Carcass and Napalm Death almost on a daily basis. Just personal preference there.

Exodus took the stage and immediately tore the place up! The crowd was a bit laid back during the first few songs, but during Deathamphetamine, the place just went nuts. I gained a few bruises, but also took the rail during this song (plus stayed there the rest of the evening, of course). The set list was one of the best ones that I have personally heard from them live.

Tom just got a new drum kit and played it for the first time live during this gig. They stated that this was his first new kit in 20 years. We were treated to a brief drum solo, which was cool.

My favorite song of the evening was The Toxic Waltz. The last time that I heard this one live was back in 1989. Damn, I am starting to sound old here. Regardless, my neck is sore as hell today from this one. After the song, Lee Altus leaned over and put his guitar pick right in my hand. He could tell that I loved the hell out of that song!

Exodus has been one of my favorite thrash bands since the 80s, and each time I see them, it just gets better!

Bonded By Blood
Iconoclasm
A Lesson In Violence
Children of a Worthless God
Piranha
Deathamphetamine
Blacklist
Drum Solo
War is My Shepherd
The Toxic Waltz
Strike of the Beast

Hyperfluxe
02-01-2010, 04:00 PM
What was the Arsis setlist?

jhdeity
02-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Great Exodus Setlist! I'm surprised they don't play Riot Act though. That's a great song and I think they made a video for it

jeremysaal
02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
What was the Arsis setlist?

Unfortunately, I never got into Arisis before the show, so I don't know any of their songs. They were solid live though!

Great Exodus Setlist! I'm surprised they don't play Riot Act though. That's a great song and I think they made a video for it

Definitely a solid set! Riot Act would have been a nice addition, or even Shovel Headed Kill Machine, as other shows had that one. Either way, I was very pleased with the song choices. Hopefully, they will change it up a bit the next time around.

I've been to so many shows throughout the years, but I don't ever remember a band moving a crowd as they did with Deathamphetamine and The Toxic Waltz. Pure chaos!

:rocker:

jhdeity
02-02-2010, 02:56 AM
Unfortunately, I never got into Arisis before the show, so I don't know any of their songs. They were solid live though!

Definitely a solid set! Riot Act would have been a nice addition, or even Shovel Headed Kill Machine, as other shows had that one. Either way, I was very pleased with the song choices. Hopefully, they will change it up a bit the next time around.

I've been to so many shows throughout the years, but I don't ever remember a band moving a crowd as they did with Deathamphetamine and The Toxic Waltz. Pure chaos!

:rocker:

Nice. I'm seeing them with Megadeth adn Testament so I'm hoping there is no opening band added and we get a solid set like that. I'm sure I'll go totally apeshit during Strike of the Beast

HailANDKill
02-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Arsis was as follows:

1. Forced to Rock
2. March for the Sick
3. A Diamond for Disease
4. We Are The Nightmare
5. Sadistic Motives
6. The Promise of Never
7. The Face of My Innocence