PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy: "There will be Ozzfest 2010"

Fires Of Sedition
01-29-2010, 01:33 AM
In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Ozzy was talking about his new album, which was to be called Soul Sucka, until everybody on the internet shit on that idea so he decided against it. The album will be out in July and he said he plans to tour right after the release for Ozzfest and then even more touring all over the world.

So now that he came out and officially said it, it has to happen. But everything needs to come together pretty soon. Last week at NAMM, I spoke to a bunch of managers to represent a wide array of talent and none of them have heard any rumblings about Ozzfest (unless those jerks lied to me!). Typically, these fest lineups are announced months in advance, usually February or March to get the hype going. Ozzfest's main competitor, Mayhem Fest already announced their lineup, so they better hurry.

In other Ozzy news, he released a book this week and is promoting it everywhere. Also, he recently tweeted "Just watched never before seen footage of Randy and me from 1981. Iím speechless. I will share with you later this year on a live dvd" so that should be awesome. Overall, looks like 2010 will be a busy year for the prince of darkness.

From metalinjection.net

TonyD
01-29-2010, 08:12 AM
From metalinjection.net

He already confirmed this a while back

Butcher of Birth
01-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Ozzy and Devildriver are all I know of who is gonna be on it.

Fires Of Sedition
01-29-2010, 11:32 AM
He already confirmed this a while back

Yeah, the post was kind of low down on the "News" list. I didn't see anything about it here so I decided to post it.

mastodon421
01-29-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm willing to bet Mudvanye will be the co-headliner with Ozzy.

TonyD
01-29-2010, 11:55 AM

That would be a fail on many levels

daimonos
01-29-2010, 11:55 AM

Mudvayne said that they won't be touring for this album.

Plus Chad will be busy with Hellyeah

Sanitarium78
01-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Does anyone know for sure if Ozzfest will be a full tour this year or is it gonna be a one stop show like it was in 2008?

mastodon421
01-29-2010, 12:13 PM
That would be a fail on many levels

It would be indeed but now that I know that Mudvanye isn't touring it will proably be Godsmack.

xStructualDefect
01-29-2010, 12:35 PM
i'm really hoping for maybe Darkest Hour, Arch Enemy, DevilDriver, Unearth, As I Lay Dying, Black Dahlia Murder or Trivium to be on the 2nd stages this year. all very likely and reasonable bands to be on this year. Mayhem Fest's 2nd stages is a big disappointment compared to last year's so maybe Ozzfest has something great in store.

mastodon421
01-29-2010, 12:41 PM
i'm really hoping for maybe Darkest Hour, Arch Enemy, DevilDriver, Unearth, As I Lay Dying, Black Dahlia Murder or Trivium to be on the 2nd stages this year. all very likely and reasonable bands to be on this year. Mayhem Fest's 2nd stages is a big disappointment compared to last year's so maybe Ozzfest has something great in store.

Those would be all cool bands for the side stages but I know Trivium and Unearth won't be on it for sure. Trivium is doing a new album and I think Unearth is taking a break from touring and might be doing a new album.

The_jman
01-29-2010, 12:57 PM
who could they get? godsmack is working on a new album, unsure when they'll be done, disturbed is doing a new album, slipknot is supposedly doing a new album, those would have been who I would have thought he'd have looked to since the big names like metallica and such are elsewise engaged. Who else could they get worthy of headlining? I mean almost every really good band I could think of to headline is otherwise engaged I certainly didn't name them all, just named a few that have done oz fest before.

Div
01-29-2010, 03:07 PM
every time i hear DevilDriver i think of those devil dogs snack cakes and then i get hungry...

Butcher of Birth
01-29-2010, 11:06 PM
This year's Ozzfest will be back on form to the Ozzfest we are used too.

Full Tour, from West to East and not free. When I spoke to some people inside of the "Ozzfest" camp that's what that had for me.

Maiden33
01-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm really sensing that Firewind is pretty much dead. Absolutely no news regarding the album that they were supposedly working on almost a year ago, Mark Cross left, many of the other guys (especially Bob Katsionis) are taking on more projects. And now there's this new Ozzy album and probably a good bit of touring, sure to tie up Gus G for who knows how long. This is exactly what I thought would happen, and I fear it's going to. God damn it.

mankvill
01-29-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm really sensing that Firewind is pretty much dead. Absolutely no news regarding the album that they were supposedly working on almost a year ago, Mark Cross left, many of the other guys (especially Bob Katsionis) are taking on more projects. And now there's this new Ozzy album and probably a good bit of touring, sure to tie up Gus G for who knows how long. This is exactly what I thought would happen, and I fear it's going to. God damn it.

Firewind opening the main stage of Ozzfest?

Maiden33
01-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Firewind opening the main stage of Ozzfest?

Would honestly really upset me because I would never go to see it due to money as well principle, but I wouldn't say it's an impossibility

Odds are I'm going to have to forever hold onto the fact that I got to see them play an 80-minute set in front of like 50 people in a club, and then hang out with them afterward.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-30-2010, 10:10 AM
I hear these bands are in talks to play:

HellYeah
Stone Sour
Devildriver
Down
Mastodon
Killswitch Engage
Lacuna Coil
Arch Enemy
Alice in Chains
Disturbed
Judas Priest
Godsmack

Who knows for sure if any of them will actually play or not. Obviously you will not have Godsmack, Judas Priest, AiC, and Disturbed. Probably 1 of them will play before Ozzy and the other 3 will do something else this summer.

b1indedbyfear
01-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Judas Priest, Mastodon, Down, Godsmack (good show) would be good enough for me to go. I would prob go and get lawn just for Mastodon.

idrinkwine732
01-30-2010, 11:49 AM
I really don't want Hellyeah on this tour...

mayhem 66
02-01-2010, 07:38 PM
1.Will Sharon Osbourne want to spend money or save it?
2.Band list? There are still good bands out there not touring.
3.Lets hope Sharon Osbourne stays away from ozzfest.
4.Will System of a Down make a surprise comeback at ozzfest?
5. Will Stone Sour take slipknots place?
6.How long is this tour going to be?
7.Since Ozzy changed his album title can he figure out a good album to release for ozzfest?
8.What will Genre be metal bands or rock bands?
9.Is there a big band that will go on 2nd stage with a balanced lineup?
10.Is an awesome ozzest too much to ask for? Mabe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arX3eJzpX0w

TonyD
02-01-2010, 07:46 PM
1.Will Sharon Osbourne want to spend money or save it?2.Band list? There are still good bands out there not touring.3.Lets hope Sharon Osbourne stays away from ozzfest.4.Will System of a Down make a surprise comeback at ozzfest?5. Will Stone Sour take slipknots place?6.How long is this tour going to be?7.Since Ozzy changed his album title can he figure out a good album to release for ozzfest?8.What will Genre be metal bands or rock bands?9.Is there a big band that will go on 2nd stage with a balanced lineup?10.Is an awesome ozzest too much to ask for? Mabe

lolwut

TonyD
02-01-2010, 08:00 PM

HellYeah
Stone Sour
Devildriver
Down
Mastodon
Killswitch Engage
Lacuna Coil
Arch Enemy
Alice in Chains
Disturbed
Judas Priest
Godsmack

Since there's a lot of bad information thrown around on this board, I checked your previous posts and you had Mayhem fest spot on in mid-December. As far as I know, Mastodon and Alice in Chains have July-August free. This year has the potential to be as great or terrible as ever.

I really don't want Hellyeah on this tour...

Concur

mayhem 66
02-01-2010, 08:08 PM

HellYeah
Stone Sour
Devildriver
Down
Mastodon
Killswitch Engage
Lacuna Coil
Arch Enemy
Alice in Chains
Disturbed
Judas Priest
Godsmack

Who knows for sure if any of them will actually play or not. Obviously you will not have Godsmack, Judas Priest, AiC, and Disturbed. Probably 1 of them will play before Ozzy and the other 3 will do something else this summer.

I seen that list on wikipedia but it got deleted i hope for these bands myself and ozzy said he like to get AC/DC

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Well, some of those bands will play. I am hearing alot about AiC. Not all of those bands will make it, it could only be two or three bands off that list that play, but RoadRunner Records and Century Media always have had bands on Ozzfest... and Mayhem Fest... they buy certain slots every year on those festivals. I would imagine that KsE or Stone Sour, at least one of them would be a shoe in for Ozzfest, but that is an educated (or uneducated if I am wrong) guess.

I was told Down is on a summer touring festival yet to be announced but all hints were directed at something different from Ozzfest. If I find out more I will pass it along.

I've got good sources but sometimes by the time their info gets to me things have changed or are finalized and I don't hear about it.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-02-2010, 09:21 AM
And for the record I post alot of info on my Facebook account, so find me at wolverinekills@yahoo.com and add me and read my notes for better and more up to date info.

AnglOvDeth
02-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Any idea if Rammstein will perform on Ozzfest????

Sorry guys, I know it's only February, but I'm about sick of waiting too. :confused:

mayhem 66
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
http://bit.ly/aj72Bd

Official Ozzfest Facebook page!
just found it!

ChildrenofSodom
02-11-2010, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arX3eJzpX0w

Don't like Sharon. Don't like Ozzy. Don't like the interviewer.

mankvill
02-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Ozzfest has a HUGE chance to gain back everything they've lost since the announcement that Mayhem would be a shitfest this year.

mastodon421
02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Ozzfest has a HUGE chance to gain back everything they've lost since the announcement that Mayhem would be a shitfest this year.

Mayhem will sell a lot of tickets due to the Popularity of Korn/Rob Zombie/Lamb Of God. The rumored Ozzfest bands would proably make a better lineup but I doubt they would sell more tickets. Especailly considering how damn expensive Ozzfest was back in the day.

TonyD
02-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Back in the day like 3 years ago?

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Heard a rumor from a good source. He tells me that Ozzy will headline the second stage and that Metallica and Disturbed will headline the main stage. He also says that Down and Devildriver will play the second stage before Ozzy.

MAIN:
Metallica
Disturbed

SECOND:
Ozzy
Down
Devildriver

If this turns out to be true, I would expect Metallica to have some influence on other bands picked for this tour. I would expect Mastodon, The Sword, and possibly Machine Head and/or Trivium to be on the mainstage of the tour.

Alice in Chains also has a confirmed tour date in Wisconsin on July 15. Not sure on their status, but could it be possible that they are on the main stage too? They are touring the US during Ozzfest season, could that be an off date? Are we lucky enough to have the line up look like this:

MAIN:
Metallica
Disturbed
Alice in Chains
Mastodon
Trivium or Machine Head

SECOND:
Ozzy
Down
Devildriver
The Sword

Not sure if we are that lucky, but I think I would seriously travel to see this even if it were just one show. Just remember, this is not official and may not even be legit, but my source has been very reliable in the past. Thoughts? Comments? Smart Ass Remarks?

idrinkwine732
02-14-2010, 07:00 AM
hmmm...I still have my doubts about Metallica doing a full Ozzfest.

mastodon421
02-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Back in the day like 3 years ago?

Yeah back in the day proably wasn't the best word choice but if Metallica is actually playing Ozzfest it will be expensive as hell.

daimonos
02-14-2010, 08:48 AM
I have no choice but to hope you're right, but for some reason I just couldn't see Metallica doing the outdoor summer tour thing. Although it would be awesome. Devildriver and Down would be great, Ozzy's always fun to see, and hopefully you're right about Machine Head. BUT Machine Head has said in interviews that they're finishing touring before the summer then going to start work on the new album, so I don't know if they'd be touring anymore or not. But once again, I do hope you're right.

AnthG
02-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Metallica would never do Ozzfest as a full tour. They don't need to since they can easily sell out arenas on their own, hence making more money (pleasing themselves) and get to play for 2 hours (pleasing the Metallica fans).

tdunks523
02-16-2010, 05:49 PM
thatd be great if trivium did it but i doubt it

TonyD
03-01-2010, 08:20 AM
BLS just pulled out of a Euro fest going on July 7-11 to take part in a "major American tour".
Surprise!

bt11763
03-01-2010, 09:21 AM
I can't wait for this shit anymore.

The_jman
03-01-2010, 10:25 AM
are they ever going to announce?

bt11763
03-01-2010, 10:39 AM
unfortunately it's still early in hte year.

hopefully in the next few weeks?

but '08 wasn't announced until mid may ; _____ ;

TonyD
03-01-2010, 05:12 PM
unfortunately it's still early in hte year.

hopefully in the next few weeks?

but '08 wasn't announced until mid may ; _____ ;

'08 was a joke anyway. Usually it's announced in March.

bt11763
03-01-2010, 06:03 PM
oh i didn't realize that.