13. Transylvania
14. Iron Maiden
15. Blitzkrieg Bop

mankvill
01-28-2010, 04:12 PM
i lol'd

rjturtle9
01-28-2010, 04:40 PM
more like a maiden tribute show if you ask me.

DethMaiden
01-28-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm not really that bummed about missing this anymore. None of those Maiden tracks are rarities, and could all conceivably sneak out into a Maiden set before the boys retire. Indifferent.

IrritatedTrout
01-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Nice! Would've loved Remember Tomorrow, Strange World, or Purgatory but that's a pretty good selection. Never heard Prowler, Killers, or Murders live so I'm looking forward to this.

erikur
01-28-2010, 07:36 PM
I may or may not go to see him in Virginia Beach on Saturday. Saw him 3 years ago in Norway. Pretty fun, but not amazing, so I might just not go. Depends if I'll get some people to go with.

PowerMaiden
01-28-2010, 08:06 PM
same kind of set as usual

it's a great set so why do something different, to bad he doesn't hit Montreal this time around

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

The Ghost at Number One
01-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Where's I Don't Wanna Know?!

Maiden33
01-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Basically exactly what I expected. Just found out today I'm definitely gonna have to miss seeing this tomorrow, because all of my so-called "huge Maiden fan" friends pussied out on me. Son of a bitch. It wasn't just Di'Anno, I've really, really been wanting to see Icarus Witch again.

Patallica22
01-29-2010, 07:11 AM
It was great to see Paul sing these amazing songs, but let's be honest. Dude could barely walk, is about 100 pounds overweight, and has trouble singing in tune and keep in time when the rhythm speeds up.

Dude is a legend, and you should go see him... cause I have a feeling you won't have another chance. A fun night overall for what it was.

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Knowing this setlist, and already knowing he is a fantastic singer, I am definitely glad I am not spending $12 to see this has-been.

The Ancient Mariner
01-29-2010, 09:15 AM
You know, I used to like Paul Di'Anno, but the guys just such a fucking hypocrite. He slags Maiden off something rotten and then plays 9 of their songs from his era in a set of 15 songs.

If you wanna see an ex-Maiden member go and see Blaze Bayley. He'll play a 2 hour gig with half a dozen Maiden songs from his era and the rest of the set will be his own material which is fucking awesome :blaze:

Paul Di'Anno should just fucking call it a day, the fat twat :mad:

IrritatedTrout
01-29-2010, 10:07 AM
If only Blaze would get his ass over here. :mad: If Paul can, Blaze should be able to.

The Ancient Mariner
01-29-2010, 12:36 PM
If only Blaze would get his ass over here. :mad: If Paul can, Blaze should be able to.

Blaze isn't as popular in the States as he is in the UK and Europe, although he has a very good following in South America :horns:

davidis138
01-29-2010, 02:15 PM
:lol: he even plays the song Iron Maiden!

I don't care I got tickets and I've never heard those songs live with Pauls voice except on the Early Years DVD so all in all kickass set :rocker:

Travis The Dragon
01-29-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm not really that bummed about missing this anymore. None of those Maiden tracks are rarities, and could all conceivably sneak out into a Maiden set before the boys retire. Indifferent.

Ummmmmmmmm, have you been following Maiden for the last 10 years? All of those songs have been in their setlists at one time or another.

The Ghost at Number One
01-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Ummmmmmmmm, have you been following Maiden for the last 10 years? All of those songs have been in their setlists at one time or another.
I think that's what was meant by "none of those Maiden tracks are rarities."

DethMaiden
01-29-2010, 05:43 PM

Correct.

Sanitarium78
01-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Dude is a legend, and you should go see him

Ok, if Paul Di'anno is a legend then who the hell isn't? Seriously, what did he ever do with Maiden to be considered a legend? He wasn't responsible for their success in anyway and has done nothing solo career wise to even be put in that group at all. If Maiden came out with TNOTB as their first album they still would've been huge just the same. Thre are a lot of legends in the rock/metal world and he sure isn't one of them.

Maybe i'm taking the word "legend" too seriously but it does seem to me the word gets tossed around kinda lightly sometimes. This is one of those cases I believe.

Think about it, Ronnie James Dio is a legend, and so is Paul Di'anno? Doesn't really sound right at all does it?

The Ghost at Number One
01-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Ok, if Paul Di'anno is a legend then who the hell isn't? Seriously, what did he ever do with Maiden to be considered a legend? He wasn't responsible for their success in anyway and has done nothing solo career wise to even be put in that group at all. If Maiden came out with TNOTB as their first album they still would've been huge just the same. Thre are a lot of legends in the rock/metal world and he sure isn't one of them.

Maybe i'm taking the word "legend" too seriously but it does seem to me the word gets tossed around kinda lightly sometimes. This is one of those cases I believe.

Think about it, Ronnie James Dio is a legend, and so is Paul Di'anno? Doesn't really sound right at all does it?
Actually, I completely agree.

PowerMaiden
01-29-2010, 07:52 PM
saw him 4 times

24-oct-92 La Brique (Club) Montréal Killers (Feat. Paul Di'Anno)

08-avr-06 Impérial de Québec Paul Di'Anno

09-avr-06 Club Soda de Montréal Paul Di'Anno

10-mars-07 Clubs Saints de Montréal Paul Di'Anno

and even thought, technically and vocally his best days are far away ... it's a hell of a party everytime, you just gotta love hear those songs live with this semi legend

anyway, that's how I see it

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

andrew_metalhead
01-29-2010, 08:24 PM
I really hope I can make it to the Redondo Beach show next month. Desperately need a ride back after the show .. but whatever, fuck it! I'm gonna go anyway! :rocker::rocker:

PowerMaiden
01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
I really hope I can make it to the Redondo Beach show next month. Desperately need a ride back after the show .. but whatever, fuck it! I'm gonna go anyway! :rocker::rocker:

I will be looking forward for your review dude ;)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

andrew_metalhead
01-29-2010, 08:28 PM
I will be looking forward for your review dude ;)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sure thing my friend! I'll try my best to get an interview too, although he wouldn't be the best interview subject :lol:

PowerMaiden
01-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Sure thing my friend! I'll try my best to get an interview too, although he wouldn't be the best interview subject :lol:

as him about how come you don't go visit your friends in the province of Québec !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

andrew_metalhead
01-29-2010, 08:31 PM
as him about how come you don't go visit your friends in the province of Québec !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Since how long has he not played over there? I will seriously ask him that. I always throw in questions from fans :D

PowerMaiden
01-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Since how long has he not played over there? I will seriously ask him that. I always throw in questions from fans :D

last time was 2007, but I wonder how come since he is in north america he doesn't come over here, he usually always do, not a big deal though hehehe

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Travis The Dragon
01-29-2010, 09:29 PM

What I am arguing is DethMaiden saying they could sneak into a Maiden set before they retire. They've already been in Maiden's sets in the last 10 years.

IrritatedTrout
01-29-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't understand why people are slagging this set. You want more of his solo material? Why?:lol: Sure, a couple rarer IM tracks would be nice but I bet the majority of you here have never seen Prowler, Killers, etc live anyways. (obviously some, like PowerMaiden, have).

And yeah, of course he's washed up. I thought that fact had been obvious for years and years now. And yeah, he's kind of a jerk too but how often do you get the chance to see the original vocalist for Iron Maiden?

The Ancient Mariner
01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
how often do you get the chance to see the original vocalist for Iron Maiden?

Since he left (got sacked by :eek: ) Maiden, not very often ... but he did drink in a metal pub I once frequented in Salisbury, England :realchug:

Sanitarium78
01-31-2010, 11:11 AM
how often do you get the chance to see the original vocalist for Iron Maiden?

Honestly, as much as I love Maiden i've never cared for his voice and have no desire to see him live. Di'anno has just never given me a reason to care about him weather he was with Maiden or not. It's cool that some people want to see him but I don't see the point at all. Especially when you've heard or can hear Dickinson do these songs better live with Maiden.