PDA

View Full Version : Epica -- Springfield, VA -- January 26th, 2010

Epidemic Reign
01-27-2010, 08:13 AM
source: setlist.fm
venue: Jaxx Nightclub

First show of the Design Your Universe North American Tour.
Set list is slightly out of order according to Dorothy who posted it at setlist.fm.

Samadhi
Resign to Surrender
Sensorium
Unleashed
Martyr of the Free World
Imperial March
Tides of Time
Seif Al Din
The Obsessive Devotion
Blank Infinity
Cry for the Moon
Design Your Universe

ENCORE:
Sancta Terra
Quietus
Consign to Oblivion

GASTONCAPO666
01-27-2010, 08:22 AM
thanks!!

The_jman
01-27-2010, 09:13 AM
if this is their set, I'd enjoy this show, a lot. I might have to take the trip back to cleveland in feb.

Enigma Lake
01-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Going tonight in Philly.

Positives: Glad to be seeing Epica headline. Been impressed with them ever since I saw them open for Kamelot in NYC. Also going to be good seeing Threat Signal. I'm probably one of the few who enjoys them.

Negatives: Only 10 songs played other than the short instrumentals. Where's "Never Enough", "Fools of Damnation", "Kingdom of Heaven", "Solitary Ground", "Mother of Light". ?

Oh well, I'm going to enjoy it anyway. :)

DisasterPiece120
01-27-2010, 10:46 AM
i am slightly dissapointed but im sure ill still enjoy the show. I was hoping to hear Burn to a Cinder, Deconstruct, or Phantom Agony to name a few. Did you do the meet and greet? And do you know what time the show ended by any chance?

illninoese
01-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Going tonight in Philly.

Positives: Glad to be seeing Epica headline. Been impressed with them ever since I saw them open for Kamelot in NYC. Also going to be good seeing Threat Signal. I'm probably one of the few who enjoys them.

Negatives: Only 10 songs played other than the short instrumentals. Where's "Never Enough", "Fools of Damnation", "Kingdom of Heaven", "Solitary Ground", "Mother of Light". ?

Can you post the Threat Signal setlist up then? I'm going to the show in Atlanta just to see them. For the 4th time I might add :D I hope they play When All Is Said And Done.....

JuuKun
01-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Woohoo! I love these guys, seeing them on Saturday in Worcester.

Pretty short set. Hopefully "slightly out of order" also means "slightly incomplete".

On the other hand: WOO. "Blank Infinity" and "Sensorium" were two that I wanted that hadn't been on recent European setlists. "The Obsessive Devotion" is also cool, but I would prefer "Fools of Damnation" or "Menace of Vanity". Also, lacking "Mother of Light" and...well, quite a few other songs since I'd like to see just about every Epica song...

"Martyr of the Free Word" is going to be SO awesome, though. Glad that made it in.

Epidemic Reign
01-27-2010, 01:36 PM
i am slightly dissapointed but im sure ill still enjoy the show. I was hoping to hear Burn to a Cinder, Deconstruct, or Phantom Agony to name a few. Did you do the meet and greet? And do you know what time the show ended by any chance?

No, I wasn't actually at this show. I won't be seeing them until they come to Mesa, Arizona on February 19th. Just bought my tickets last night after hearing that the Montreal show (Jan. 31st) is SOLD OUT.

If you don't have your tickets yet, get 'em now!

Enigma Lake
01-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Can you post the Threat Signal setlist up then? I'm going to the show in Atlanta just to see them. For the 4th time I might add :D I hope they play When All Is Said And Done.....

Yeah, sure man
Nice Mnemic icon btw ;)

Enigma Lake
01-27-2010, 01:39 PM
No, I wasn't actually at this show. I won't be seeing them until they come to Mesa, Arizona on February 19th. Just bought my tickets last night after hearing that the Montreal show (Jan. 31st) is SOLD OUT.

If you don't have your tickets yet, get 'em now!

Damn, how big is the place. This is Epica's first real headline show in Philly, went to NYC to see them headline the other times.

Epidemic Reign
01-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Going tonight in Philly.

Agreed, there are plenty of great songs missing from this set list. On the other hand, there isn't really anything I'd rather they took out. Except for maybe the Imperial March haha. I am a bit surprised that they're only doing one song from The Divine Conspiracy... it would be great to hear "Never Enough", "Fools of Damnation" or "Chasing the Dragon".

The_jman
01-27-2010, 01:50 PM
anyone know what time meet and greet is for these things?

Epidemic Reign
01-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Damn, how big is the place. This is Epica's first real headline show in Philly, went to NYC to see them headline the other times.

I don't know how big the Montreal venue is, but the venue they're playing here in AZ is quite small. Maximum capacity I would estimate somewhere around 300-400 people. Actually I don't know if it's really worthy of the term "venue". More like a dive bar with a stage in the corner.:realchug:

BlashyrkhMR101
01-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey did you by chance get/see the Blackguard setlist?

mankvill
01-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Any photos of Simone are welcome.

illninoese
01-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Yeah, sure man
Nice Mnemic icon btw ;)

Why thank you sir :D

IrritatedTrout
01-27-2010, 05:22 PM

:fist:

Epidemic Reign
01-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey did you by chance get/see the Blackguard setlist?

Nope, I looked for theirs and Threat Signal's on setlist.fm but nobody had posted them.

Indeed.

Sanitarium78
01-27-2010, 05:28 PM
It looks like the set has been updated now. According to setlist.fm this was it:

1. Samadhi
2. Resign To Surrender
3. Senorium
4. Unleashed
5. Martyr Of The Free Word
6. Imperial March
7. Tides Of Time
8. Seif Al Din
9. The Obessesive Devotion
10. Black Infinity
11. Cry For The Moon
12. Design Your Universe

Encore:
13. Sancta Terra
14. Quietus
15. Cosign To Obilivion

They just need to get "Burn To A Cinder" in there now

Epidemic Reign
01-27-2010, 05:34 PM
It looks like the set has been updated now. According to setlist.fm this was it:

1. Samadhi
2. Resign To Surrender
3. Senorium
4. Unleashed
5. Martyr Of The Free Word
6. Imperial March
7. Tides Of Time
8. Seif Al Din
9. The Obessesive Devotion
10. Black Infinity
11. Cry For The Moon
12. Design Your Universe

Encore:
13. Sancta Terra
14. Quietus
15. Cosign To Obilivion

They just need to get "Burn To A Cinder" in there now

Hey, that's great news! Thanks. I'll update the original post.

Sanitarium78
01-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Hey, that's great news! Thanks. I'll update the original post.

I had to check for an update. Ten songs just seemed too short considering what they had been doing on their recent European tour.

Epidemic Reign
01-27-2010, 06:01 PM
I had to check for an update. Ten songs just seemed too short considering what they had been doing on their recent European tour.

Good call, you've certainly made my day. The longer Simone is on stage, the happier I'll be on Feb. 19th!

JuuKun
01-28-2010, 02:13 AM
YES! YES!

I was complaining to a friend about how they missed two of my favorites, namely "Sancta Terra" and "Seif al Din".

YES! :rocker: