PDA

View Full Version : HAIL! -- New York, NY -- January 26th, 2010

Robert
01-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Venue: B.B. King’s Club, Time’s Square

Hail !!

Tim “Ripper” Owens (Judas Priest/Iced Earth/Yngwie)
Andreas Kisser (Sepultura)
David Ellefson (Megadeth)
Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)
& Special Guests:
Chris Caffery (Savatage/Trans Siberian)
Bobby “Blitz” Ellsworth (Overkill)
Frankie Bello (Anthrax)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!
THIS WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST CONCERTS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!
(and that’s a lot). I have a shit eating grin that is going to last a long time. My jaw was on the floor most of the night when I wasn’t smiling ear to ear and losing my mind!

They are playing only 2 east coast dates. The other show is Wednesday, January 27th at Showcase Live in Foxborough, MA just outside Boston.

If you live within driving distance of foxborough, Mass.
GET YOUR ASS IN A CAR NOW AND GET OVER THERE!
CALL IN SICK,…DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO….JUST GET THERE.
YOU WON’T FUCKING BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE.
What I type below is what they played tonight.

Setlist:
1) Ace of Spades (Motorhead)
2) Territory (Sepultura)
3) Grinder (Judas Priest)
4) Stand Up and Shout (Dio)
5) Balls to the Wall (Accept)
6) Mouth for War (Pantera)
7) Walk (Pantera)
8) Neon Knights (Black Sabbath):rocker:
9) Wrathchild (Iron Maiden)

Enter Caffery (band as a 5-piece)
10) Lights Out (UFO)
11) Metal Church (Metal Church) :rocker::rocker::rocker:
12) Green Manalishi (Judas Priest)

Exit Caffery, and Ripper/ Enter “Blitz” on vocals
13) Highway to Hell (AC/DC)
14) TNT (AC/DC)

Exit Ellefson/Enter Frankie Bello (Anthrax)
15) Overkill (Motorhead)

Exit Blitz/ Enter Ripper
Snowblind (Sabbath) teaser only, just riffing no singing
17) Cold Gin (KISS)
18) Got the Time (Anthrax)

Exit Bello/Enter Ellefson
19) Run to the Hills (Iron Maiden)

Encores:
20) The Four Horsemen (Metallica)
21) Symptom of the Universe (Black Sabbath)
22) South of Heaven (Slayer)
23) Refuse/Resist (Sepultura)
24) Whiplash (Metallica):shred:

Unfortunately, since most of you will read this after the shows have happened, you will have to wait your turn. But trust me it’ll be worth the wait. They want to do more touring, and if tonight is any indication this could be huge! If they play anywhere near you in the world...YOU MUST GO!!!

This was so fucking awesome I don’t even know where to begin!!!

Andreas and Portnoy played the whole set, absolutely amazing playing. Andreas broke a string in the middle of Mouth for War just before the thrashy part, so the band vamped a few seconds while he got strapped up to another of his famous custom sepultura guitars. Ripper sang great and was totally into it. Same for David Ellefson who looked thrilled to be back on stage.

BIG PROPS to EDDIE TRUNK (VH1 That Metal Show) for helping to set this up and bring this to NYC!!! He intro'd the band and got lots of love from the stage. Wed night at BB's is Paul DiAnno. (Set list tomorrow)
If not for that I'd be on my way to Boston!

MPF
01-26-2010, 11:16 PM
I NEED A BOOTLEG OF THIS SHOW NOW!!!!!

makethemsuffer12
01-27-2010, 06:07 AM
Sounds like I missed quite the show. Fuck.

GASTONCAPO666
01-27-2010, 06:23 AM
Robert indeed!!! What a fucking concert!!! I loved it!!! Just like u said...I was so happy to see them...to hear those tunes..I didn't know if either cry or keep smiling....headbanged like a 15 year old....man what a show!!!!! I got some hot videos from bobby blitz performing overkill.tnt.highway to hell..etc etc..... what a night!!!!!! We stayed after the cxoncert and met the band...except for ripper who was freezing and got on the van quick...overall awesome night!!! Awesome cxoncert...portnoy is a beast!!!!!! Elferson...I love that man..andrea..incredible..spot on !!!! His solos were soooooo great..even though some songs did sound weird with only one guitar..but. like robert said..amaxzing night..band...everything!! Metal rules forever!!!! I got tons of pics an video..if interested add me on. Fb its gaston iron maiden

Cheers!!! Tonight d anno!!!!

rjturtle9
01-27-2010, 06:49 AM
seems like a fun show. They should do a show like this in LA.

IrritatedTrout
01-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Sounds amazing, I'd love to see them sometime.

woodfin
01-27-2010, 08:34 AM
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT I'D EVER HEAR METAL CHURCH LIVE! I'M STILL COMING IN MY PANTS FROM LAST NIGHT!!!

Natrlhi
01-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Balls to the Wall - really?

Wow, that must have been a hell of a set. I hope they tour some more.

GASTONCAPO666
01-27-2010, 09:19 AM
they said they will be back in ny. ...nothing bout a full tour though :(((

Waycos
01-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Robert is dead on. It was a great show. To add to what he said, Blizt was perfect on the AC/DC songs, and I think everyone laughed a bit when he sang Overkill.

woodfin
01-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Blizt should write a song called "Motorhead" and perform it at their shows later this year.

Electric/Funeral55
01-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Man that was one great concert last night. If you saw a guy with a pacthed blue denim vest with an AC/DC - Blow Up Your Video backpatch walking around or rocking out last night. That guy was me. I met Tim Owens, David Ellefson, Andres Kisser, Mike Portnoy, Bobby Blitz, and Chris Caffery and got them all to record a seprate liner for my radio show on my cell phone and they all sound great! I got my ticket stub signed everyone except Blitz. Andres signed this blank guitar pick I took with me, David gave me a bass pick, and Mike gave me a signed drum stick. I'll see you guys if you're going to the KREATOOOOOR show on March 6th at The Nokia Theater!

PowerMaiden
01-27-2010, 04:06 PM
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT I'D EVER HEAR METAL CHURCH LIVE! I'M STILL COMING IN MY PANTS FROM LAST NIGHT!!!

cool man, I heard it twice by Metal Church themselves back in the 80's, that band was so good, their first 2 records were amazing.. aahhh memories

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Bloodcurse
01-27-2010, 04:30 PM
this may be the world's most famous cover band.

bt11763
01-27-2010, 08:23 PM
and i thought Kobra Kai was good! but this sounds pretty sick. didnt even know about this, but i might have to check them out next time they come back