PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth, Testament, Exodus NA Tour

mankvill
01-25-2010, 02:12 PM
March 01 - Spokane, WA - Knitting Factory
March 02 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory
March 03 - Medford, OR - Medford Armory
March 06 - Calgary, AB - Big Four (TESTAMENT w/ special guests)
March 07 - Edmonton, AB - Shaw Conference Centre (TESTAMENT w/ special guests)
March 08 - Saskatoon, SK - Prairieland Exhibition Hall
March 11 - Indianapolis, IN - Murat Theater
March 12 - Pittsburgh, PA - Palace Theater
March 13 - Buffalo, NY - Town Ballroom
March 15 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
March 16 - Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live
March 18 - Scranton, PA - Scranton Cultural Center
March 19 - Norfolk, VA - The NorVa
March 21 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
March 22 - Asheville, NC - Orange Peel
March 23 - Memphis, TN - Minglewood Hall
March 25 - Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theater
March 26 - Austin, TX - Stubb’s Amphitheater
March 27 - Lubbock, TX - The Pavilion
March 28 - El Paso, TX - Club 101
March 30 - Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theater
March 31 - Hollywood, CA - Hollywood Palladium (TESTAMENT w/ special guests)

Megadeth is performing all of Rust In Peace.

makethemsuffer12
01-25-2010, 02:15 PM
NO FUCKING NYC DATE ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!!!!

ADD
01-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Hm, precarious. I ain't trippin, roll on April 1st :light:

daimonos
01-25-2010, 02:20 PM
wierd they chose the Palace Theater in Pittsburgh for this...I'm pretty sure it's an all seated venue...

Not too into Megadeth anymore, but I'll still go because Testament kicks ass. Haven't heard much of Exodus other than Bonded By Blood so I dunno too much about them.

Is Testament going to play The Legacy on this tour like they were going to on the other one?

Sanitarium78
01-25-2010, 02:21 PM
FUCK YEAH!!!! They're actually coming to Buffalo this time around:party: I'm deffinately gonna be there.

Chyck
01-25-2010, 02:23 PM
:flame: Testament, you continue to avoid me. I'm seriously thinking this is a conspiracy by now.

Sanitarium78
01-25-2010, 02:29 PM
:flame: Testament, you continue to avoid me. I'm seriously thinking this is a conspiracy by now.

Don't get too pissed at bands if they don't come to your area at all. It's not their fault, they're not in charge of where they play. They just show up and play wherever their management books them to be.

mankvill
01-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Don't get too pissed at bands if they don't come to your area at all. It's not their fault, they're not in charge of where they play. They just show up and play wherever their management books them to be.

Unless you live in Kansas.

Davemeistro
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
WTF IS THIS POOP???

Sanitarium78
01-25-2010, 02:34 PM
THEY'RE DOING ALL OF RUST IN PEACE!!!!!!!

Chyck
01-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Dude - sarcasm. :flame: FLAMING SARCASM OF DOOM :flame:, but still sarcasm. Besides, I like to think it's a special bond that Testament and I have - what with them avoiding me specifically and me freaking out about it every time. :D

Sanitarium78
01-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Dude - sarcasm. :flame: FLAMING SARCASM OF DOOM :flame:, but still sarcasm. Besides, I like to think it's a special bond that Testament and I have - what with them avoiding me specifically and me freaking out about it every time. :D

I kind of figured you were being sarcastic. It's just some people don't realize stuff like that isn't up to the artist.

Chyck
01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
I kind of figured you were being sarcastic. It's just some people don't realize stuff like that isn't up to the artist.

Then some people are very very dumb

Sanitarium78
01-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Then some people are very very dumb

That's true. Try talking to some of them next time you go to a show. Believe it or not i've talked to people at concerts who didn't know that shit.

The biggest question for this tour is does Megadeth open the show by doing all of RIP or do they end with it? I think it would be cooler to end with it because it'll be the highlight of the show.

DethMaiden
01-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Eh, skip. Finally seeing Slayer was the main reason for me to see that other tour, this would be cool but not expensive-and-on-a-Thursday cool.

Onioner
01-25-2010, 03:08 PM
No Bay Area date?! NO!!!

IrritatedTrout
01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Dude, Baltimore, DC, AND Norfolk!? That's freakin crazy. I'll definitly be at Norfolk and I may very well go to DC as well. I'd love to do Baltimore too but I probably won't have enough money. Strange batch of dates....

Jochen
01-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Very disappointing, RIP is the best Megadeth album, and I would much rather see this than the American Carnage tour. Closest date is 10 hours away, and on a Thursday. BUT, there is a 2 day hole between Indiana and Saskatoon, will Milwaukee be added????!! Probably not.

girnny777
01-25-2010, 03:48 PM
No Connecticut, NYC, Massachusetts, New Jersey or Long Island dates?

:wtf:

mankvill
01-25-2010, 03:51 PM
No Connecticut, NYC, Massachusetts, New Jersey or Long Island dates?

:wtf:

They have to be planning something afterwards. The routing for the tour I saw them on was weird because after that was American Carnage. This one's weird, so I'm sure something will be after it. American Carnage again? Ozzfest?

davidis138
01-25-2010, 03:57 PM

Megadeth is performing all of Rust In Peace.

Does this mean only Testament is at this show?

IrritatedTrout
01-25-2010, 03:57 PM
I believe most of the southern dates for American Carnage have been canceled (I'm pretty sure Houston, Atlanta, Kentucky, and Nashville are all canceled) so this is probably making up for those dates plus hitting more B markets. It's my guess that all of the Northeast and other American Carnage dates will still happen in August.

girnny777
01-25-2010, 03:58 PM
They have to be planning something afterwards. The routing for the tour I saw them on was weird because after that was American Carnage. This one's weird, so I'm sure something will be after it. American Carnage again? Ozzfest?

Well the press release I saw said that next week the rescheduled American Carnage dates might be announced. I don't know though, I think I'd rather see all of Rust In Peace than Slayer again.

idrinkwine732
01-25-2010, 03:59 PM
No SF, I seriously don't believe it, not with Testament/Exodus on the tour. More dates have to come, they have to.

mankvill
01-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Does this mean only Testament is at this show?

I think it means Megadeth, Testament + guests.

Jochen
01-25-2010, 04:03 PM

Maybe they'll do a second Rust In Peace leg in the fall/winter? It seems weird that a tour like this is only hitting small markets. Heck, maybe they were originally planning a more extensive tour for later this year, but with American Carnage being postponed, they decided to do some of the dates early.

davidis138
01-25-2010, 04:04 PM
I think it means Megadeth, Testament + guests.

That's what I was thinking. I hope that doesn't mean no Exodus though :eyes:

TonyD
01-25-2010, 05:24 PM
GOD DAMNIT

Edit: LA is during my Spring Break, maybe I'll go?

Sanitarium78
01-25-2010, 05:31 PM
For all those complaining that they aren't playing here or there keep in mind that they just canceled a tour and they had to book new dates pretty quickly. They probably weren't able to schedule the cities they were gonna play on American Carnage agian right away. Also, the year is still young so I think by the end of it everyone would have had an equal chance to see this RIP 20th anniversary performance.

Doing RIP in full will help ticket sales so I doubt it's gonna be only these dates that they'll be doing this on.

JuuKun
01-25-2010, 05:51 PM

I guess you missed the headlining offdate they did on the Metal Masters tour? I did too, but I remember they did a headlining gig in Worcester during the Metal Masters tour. I think the Formation of Damnation tour hit Worcester and Hartford as well, in April last year, if I'm not mistaken? :) Missed those as well, but, hey, you've had your chances.

That said, I'm very upset at the lack of New England dates if Megadeth is doing all of Rust in Peace. I'll still see them if American Carnage comes through on the rescheduled tour, though.

And with THAT said, I'd like to see some German Thrash packages as well put together as this. Give me Sodom, Destruction, and Holy Moses on a tour this Fall or something!

es156
01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Awesome! I will definitely be at the Indy show.

:rocker:

Pastulio_
01-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Seriously Megadeth? You leave every fan in the Phoenix area with a bad case of blue balls after Slayer forces you to cancel, and then you only announce an Arizona date in Tuscon? When the show looks like it'd be even BETTER than American Carnage? GAAAAAAHHH

/rant

Sanitarium78
01-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Seriously Megadeth? You leave every fan in the Phoenix area with a bad case of blue balls after Slayer forces you to cancel, and then you only announce an Arizona date in Tuscon? When the show looks like it'd be even BETTER than American Carnage? GAAAAAAHHH

/rant

As I said earlier in this thread don't be mad at any band for not playing in your area. Bands are not in charge of that and really don't have much say on where they play. They just go where management books them to be that night.

idrinkwine732
01-25-2010, 07:00 PM
As I said earlier in this thread don't be mad at any band for not playing in your area. Bands are not in charge of that and really don't have much say on where they play. They just go where management books them to be that night.
They have pull with where they play though.

SerpentineVIVIVI
Fuck yes! Buffalo on a Saturday! Thank god for Binghamton University :shred:

Chyck
I guess you missed the headlining offdate they did on the Metal Masters tour? I did too, but I remember they did a headlining gig in Worcester during the Metal Masters tour. I think the Formation of Damnation tour hit Worcester and Hartford as well, in April last year, if I'm not mistaken? :) Missed those as well, but, hey, you've had your chances.

I most certainly did not - I just moved back here in mid '09... okay, so I could have seen them elsewhere, but that's a different story.

That said, I'm very upset at the lack of New England dates if Megadeth is doing all of Rust in Peace. I'll still see them if American Carnage comes through on the rescheduled tour, though.

Ditto, I suppose. I'm not a huge Megadeth fan, but they sealed the deal on those less-than-cheap tickets for the American Carnage.

And with THAT said, I'd like to see some German Thrash packages as well put together as this. Give me Sodom, Destruction, and Holy Moses on a tour this Fall or something!

Yesssssss :rocker:

Maiden33
01-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Might've gone to this if it were occurring at a totally different time. Too much other shit in the spring and then I've got a ProgPower trip to save for.

mastodon421
01-26-2010, 02:32 PM
god damn it:mad: why does Megadeth have to skip MA again. Especially when they are playing Rust In Peace in its entireity.:mad::mad:

smearCampaign
01-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Fuck. I just realized that this tour means that the Alex Skolnick Trio WON'T be opening for Rodrigo y Gabriela on March 6th at a venue 10 minutes from my apartment.
:bouville:

Onioner
01-26-2010, 04:52 PM
SmearCampaign, this may be both good news and bad news for you. Glen Drover is filling in for Alex Skolnick on this tour.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134054

I'm guessing this is due to the Alex Skolnick Trio being booked for the Rod y Gab tour before the Deth/Testament/Exodus tour was announced.

IrritatedTrout
01-26-2010, 04:58 PM
I'd like to see Alex but I have seen him with Testament twice and I always loved Glen so I guess that's pretty cool news.

Div
01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
4 fucking texas dates and not one close to NYC, wtf

mankvill
01-26-2010, 06:53 PM

sup, welcome to kansas city/florida

Sanitarium78
01-26-2010, 06:57 PM

They still gotta reschedule the American Carnage dates so there's still hope for an NYC date for you. You guys are lucky down there you get every show 99% of the time. Up here in Buffalo we don't get that. That's why i'm so happy but at the same time so surprised that this tour is coming here.

smearCampaign
01-26-2010, 06:57 PM
SmearCampaign, this may be both good news and bad news for you. Glen Drover is filling in for Alex Skolnick on this tour.

No shit. Thanks man, I hadn't seen that. I guess I will grab a ticket for the Rod y Gab show after all.

larvtard
01-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Live nation is charging 12 bucks in service charges. Fuck that, I'm not paying 47 bucks for this show. Maybe if Live Nation has another "no service charge" day I'll buy them.

makethemsuffer12
01-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Live nation is charging 12 bucks in service charges. Fuck that, I'm not paying 47 bucks for this show. Maybe if Live Nation has another "no service charge" day I'll buy them.

Uhhh what part of RUST IN PEACE IN IT'S FUCKING ENTIRETY don't you understand?

idrinkwine732
01-30-2010, 01:54 PM

I don't have this show, so fuck you. Getting blessed with a show like this and turning it down.

larvtard
01-30-2010, 02:27 PM
hahahaha. I guess I'm not that huge of a fan. I'll see what happens... :hmm:

Maiden33
01-30-2010, 02:28 PM

$10-12 is pretty much standard service charge from live Nation or Ticketmaster anymore. It's unfortunate but it's just the way it is. If it's a GA show, check into the venue's policy on day-of-show tickets. If they're no more money (or only $5 more), just wait and get to the box office earlier that day. Or look into ordering them through the venue in advance and just picking them up at the box office that day.

TonyD
01-30-2010, 02:30 PM
$10-12 is pretty much standard service charge from live Nation or Ticketmaster anymore. It's unfortunate but it's just the way it is. If it's a GA show, check into the venue's policy on day-of-show tickets. If they're no more money (or only $5 more), just wait and get to the box office earlier that day. Or look into ordering them through the venue in advance and just picking them up at the box office that day.

Shits gonna be sold out, usually the only way out of it is going to the venue on a Sunday between 10 and 2

Maiden33
01-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Shits gonna be sold out

That doesn't invalidate my second option.

larvtard
01-30-2010, 02:35 PM

can you usually order tickets through the venue? I'll check, but ehhh....

and yeah if it wasn't sold out I'd definitely buy them at the show, but I have a feeling this show is gonna be sold out.

Maiden33
01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
can you usually order tickets through the venue? I'll check, but ehhh....

and yeah if it wasn't sold out I'd definitely buy them at the show, but I have a feeling this show is gonna be sold out.

I've done it before. Every venue has a different policy but it's definitely not unheard of. The venue's website will probably have a page with information on it. If it doesn't say either way, you could call the box office. It sounds like a lot to go through, but I'd rather make a call and save $12 a ticket.

I didn't really think of this being sold out, I don't what the capacity of the venues are playing are like.

mankvill
01-30-2010, 03:05 PM
I can go to most venue's here (actually, probably all of them) any day before the show and get tickets with no service charges.

TonyD
01-30-2010, 04:53 PM

Any ticketmaster/livenation venues will just redirect you to the tm/ln website or phone line. They've got quite a monopoly going here.

idrinkwine732
01-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Any ticketmaster/livenation venues will just redirect you to the tm/ln website or phone line. They've got quite a monopoly going here.

One I know quite well......

larvtard
01-30-2010, 06:46 PM
I've done it before. Every venue has a different policy but it's definitely not unheard of. The venue's website will probably have a page with information on it. If it doesn't say either way, you could call the box office. It sounds like a lot to go through, but I'd rather make a call and save $12 a ticket.

I didn't really think of this being sold out, I don't what the capacity of the venues are playing are like.

2,600. What do you think, will it sell out?

As for buying through the venue's website, not possible. I'll give the box office a call, though. thanks :tongue:

makethemsuffer12
01-30-2010, 06:52 PM

As for buying through the venue's website, not possible. I'll give the box office a call, though. thanks :tongue:

Hmmm. I can see it selling out.

larvtard
01-30-2010, 06:58 PM
me too... :hmm:

Sanitarium78
01-30-2010, 08:13 PM

The venue I saw them in here in Buffalo in 2007 has a 1,200 capacity and they sold it out then. They're coming back to the same venue for this and I expect another sell out. I know it's not the same location as you I just wanted to give you an idea of how their tickets sell in certian areas. If they can sell out a venue in Buffalo of all places they can sell out pretty much any club they play in the US.

I would suspect once word about them doing RIP has had a few more weeks to spread around it will help ticket sales a bit. I've been going to concerts since the early 90's and i've never gotten to see a band play a full album begining to end. So do whatever you can to see this show since the opportunity to see something like this might not happen again for awhile.

jhdeity
03-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Seriously Metal fans should boycott the Alex Skolnick Trio after this bullshit. We all bought tickets to see a show and he pulls a bait and switch. You know he's still getting paid. Fuck him!

Ex-MEGADETH Guitarist GLEN DROVER To Fill In For ALEX SKOLNICK On TESTAMENT Tour - Jan. 26, 2010

Canadian guitarist Glen Drover (ex-MEGADETH, KING DIAMOND, EIDOLON) will fill in for Alex Skolnick on TESTAMENT's upcoming North American tour with MEGADETH and EXODUS. "My buddies in TESTAMENT called me up to see if I could help for the tour, as Alex will be away during this time," Glen writes on his MySpace page. "It will be great to get back out for a little bit and see all my friends in those bands, as well as the fans, and of course being a part of playing 'The Legacy' album, which has always been one of my faves!"

Glen is working on a full-length album of instrumental rock/fusion songs. The first track to be completed was a cover version of AL DI MEOLA's "Egyptian Danza", also featuring Jim Gilmour (SAGA), Chris Sutherland (KIM MITCHELL) on drums and Paul Yee on bass. Drover says, "Everyone is playing amazing and we will also have a few special guests lending their talents for guitar solo spots. So far we have Jeff Loomis (NEVERMORE) and Fredrik Åkesson (OPETH, ARCH ENEMY) who have recently sent me their solos, which, of course, are no less than amazing. Just wait till you hear what they have done!!!!

MPF
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
How is doing his touring obligations that he made for an already booked tour being an ass clown?

This has been out since the Megadeth/Testament/Exodus tour was announced that Skolnick couldn't do the new dates. Had the American Carnage tour not been postponed in the first place, he would have been able to due both Testament and AST. but since the dates were moved to March there in lies the the problem.

There is no Ass Clowns in this situation, just a case of bad back surgery.

JRA
03-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I think Glen should come back to Megadeth and Chris Broadrick should fill in for Alex. Then we could have the two Daves and the Drover brothers, just like I've secretly dreamed of! :lovedup::eyes:

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 09:53 PM
For the record, this is old news. People definitely had enough notice to pull out of buying tickets after this originally broke.

But yeah, bummer. I have to laugh at those thinking this is tied into TSO though.

IrritatedTrout
03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm glad I get to see Glen again. But yeah, this is old as hell.

MPF
03-02-2010, 10:04 PM
For the record, this is old news. People definitely had enough notice to pull out of buying tickets after this originally broke.

But yeah, bummer. I have to laugh at those thinking this is tied into TSO though.

Although It does have to do with Alex Skolnick Trio opening up for Rodrigo y Gabriela.

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Although It does have to do with Alex Skolnick Trio opening up for Rodrigo y Gabriela.

Yeah, it does.

I remember when this broke, Blabbermouth was flooded with people guessing it was linked to the TSO spring tour, but Skolnick isn't doing that tour. Thankfully Al Pitrelli will be doing it. Skolnick is a much better guitarist, but thanks to Pitrelli being involved, I can finally say I've seen and met every member of Savatage from 1995-2000. Also, it's pretty badass that the core lineup who recorded the Beethoven's last Night album will actually be playing it on tour. Very excited to see Pitrelli, Caffery, Middleton, and Plate all on stage together.

MPF
03-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah, it does.

I remember when this broke, Blabbermouth was flooded with people guessing it was linked to the TSO spring tour, but Skolnick isn't doing that tour. Thankfully Al Pitrelli will be doing it. Skolnick is a much better guitarist, but thanks to Pitrelli being involved, I can finally say I've seen and met every member of Savatage from 1995-2000. Also, it's pretty badass that the core lineup who recorded the Beethoven's last Night album will actually be playing it on tour. Very excited to see Pitrelli, Caffery, Middleton, and Plate all on stage together.

I really want to see this tour. Seeing TSO in an intimate setting (especially with this lineup) would be amazing.

bt11763
03-02-2010, 10:14 PM
How is doing his touring obligations that he made for an already booked tour being an ass clown?

This has been out since the Megadeth/Testament/Exodus tour was announced that Skolnick couldn't do the new dates. Had the American Carnage tour not been postponed in the first place, he would have been able to due both Testament and AST. but since the dates were moved to March there in lies the the problem.

There is no Ass Clowns in this situation, just a case of bad back surgery.

:agree:

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 10:14 PM
I really want to see this tour. Seeing TSO in an intimate setting (especially with this lineup) would be amazing.

Yeah, I hope it will be. I've got 5th row tickets for the Wilkes Barre, PA show on April 9th. Rob Evan should be singing the role of Beethoven, and he's by FAR my favorite TSO vocalist, so that should be sweeeet.

MPF
03-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I hope it will be. I've got 5th row tickets for the Wilkes Barre, PA show on April 9th. Rob Evan should be singing the role of Beethoven, and he's by FAR my favorite TSO vocalist, so that should be sweeeet.

NICE! That makes me want to see it even more. As long as I don't have a gig when they come to MN I'll do my best to get a ticket. Last I check there were still some good seats left.

jhdeity
03-02-2010, 10:28 PM
I know I've received 10 emails/messages about Testament VIP packages for this tour and in none of them did they mention Alex wasn't going to be there. 100% Bait & Switch

Apparently he was bragging about how much money he's making off of the VIP packages and he's not even going to be there.

Real class act....

On a funny note the guy who overheard him say that called him the Allen Iverson of Guitarists. hahahaha

MPF
03-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I know I've received 10 emails/messages about Testament VIP packages for this tour and in none of them did they mention Alex wasn't going to be there. 100% Bait & Switch

Apparently he was bragging about how much money he's making off of the VIP packages and he's not even going to be there.

Real class act....

On a funny note the guy who overheard him say that called him the Allen Iverson of Guitarists. hahahaha

First off, did it say Skolnick was going to be there?

Second, Did you look at any information outside of the VIP Packages about this tour? This has been out EVERYWHERE that he couldn't be apart of it. It's not Skolnick's fault.

Third, Where did you hear that he's making money off of the VIP tickets? He knew in advance he couldn't do this tour. That makes zero sense, unles Broderick all of a sudden decided to go under the name Alex Skolnick for this tour.

bt11763
03-03-2010, 08:05 AM
First off, did it say Skolnick was going to be there?

Second, Did you look at any information outside of the VIP Packages about this tour? This has been out EVERYWHERE that he couldn't be apart of it. It's not Skolnick's fault.

Third, Where did you hear that he's making money off of the VIP tickets? He knew in advance he couldn't do this tour. That makes zero sense, unles Broderick all of a sudden decided to go under the name Alex Skolnick for this tour.

yeah once again, this.

the name of the band is Testament, not "Alex Skolnick Plays Guitar and Makes a lot of Money"

it is a band and one of the members can't be there. They don't put just him on the fliers.

jesus christ why are you getting so upset over this?

jhdeity
03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm over it. A mutual friend met him yesterday and said he was bragging about getting the VIP money even though he wasn't going to be there. Because he is "Testament" he gets the VIP money and Glen gets paid a set fee he said.

And YES in all the VIP messages I received Alex is in the pic, not Glen and there is no mention of Alex not being there in those emails/mesasges. That's shady shit man.

Still looking forward to a great show but while I blame the promoters for being shady, Skolnick shouldn't get $1 from fans who bought VIP packages whether they thought they were meeting him or not.

ChildrenofSodom
03-03-2010, 09:20 AM
I'd rather see Eric Peterson and Dragonlord than have to sit through Testament again.

bt11763
03-03-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm over it. A mutual friend met him yesterday and said he was bragging about getting the VIP money even though he wasn't going to be there. Because he is "Testament" he gets the VIP money and Glen gets paid a set fee he said.

And YES in all the VIP messages I received Alex is in the pic, not Glen and there is no mention of Alex not being there in those emails/mesasges. That's shady shit man.

Still looking forward to a great show but while I blame the promoters for being shady, Skolnick shouldn't get $1 from fans who bought VIP packages whether they thought they were meeting him or not.

:violin:

jhdeity
03-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Just proving a point. All these bands are offering VIP packages but only 1 is barraging people with it over and over again. Now we know why...

Kinda like when I saw a shitton of Alice in Chains tickets hitting craigslist yesterday. There is a threat of snow but tickets were hitting CL every 15 minutes and for face value or less.

Come to find out they cancelled last night's show and might cancel tonight.

Shady shit needs to be called out...

MPF
03-03-2010, 09:34 AM

I can't comment on the first because you said it was a mutual friend, which means it could or could not be reliable.

Regardless,

Just because he is in the Promo Pic means nothing. I don't think Testament is going to do a photo shoot with Glen just because he is filling in on this tour. Hell, 4/5th of the band in the picture you have will be there.

And for the LAST TIME, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PROMOTERS,ALEX SKOLNICK, OR ANY SHADYNESS. IT HAD TO DO WITH TOURING CONFLICTS!!!!

Just proving a point. All these bands are offering VIP packages but only 1 is barraging people with it over and over again. Now we know why...

Kinda like when I saw a shitton of Alice in Chains tickets hitting craigslist yesterday. There is a threat of snow but tickets were hitting CL every 15 minutes and for face value or less.

Alice In Chains have canceled shows because of illness in the band, once again, not because of being shady, because of illnes (the Flu) hit the band.

bt11763
03-03-2010, 09:50 AM

http://img.club.pchome.net/upload/club/other/2009/12/18/pics_zitengchen_1261140293.jpg

HOW IS THAT THE SAME TO YOU?!?!

jhdeity
03-03-2010, 10:08 AM
I wasn't calling Alice in Chains out. I was comparing 2 shady incidents.

Incident #1) I've been barraged with Testament VIP stuff even though I already have tickets. I didn't have interest but wondered why they were sending SO MANY of these messages out. Alex is getting money even though he isn't going to be there. Get it? It's pretty cut and dry what I'm trying to say and why I think it's shady. It's shady because of the barragings with Alex in them in my eyes...

Incident #2) Not sure if you guys even read what I said but I'm not calling out Alice in Chains in ANY way. I'm calling out people who are being shady by putting their tickets on Craigs List and hoping the concert gets cancelled. If you buy computer printout tickets or even regular tickets off craigs list in some instances and don't have the receipt, you're SCREWED! The shady person who sold you the tickets got your money and can present his receipt back to tickmaster and get tickets for the new show or get his money back. Get it?

Maiden33
03-03-2010, 10:16 AM
To be fair, it's not Testament's fault. Being incredibly blatant about this would sort of be insinuating that they believe that Skolnick is by far the most important member of the band, and that people might not want to see the band play the same exact set with out him.

... not saying this isn't true - but I don't blame Testament for not shoving it down everyone's throat.

bt11763
03-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I wasn't calling Alice in Chains out. I was comparing 2 shady incidents.

Incident #1) I've been barraged with Testament VIP stuff even though I already have tickets. I didn't have interest but wondered why they were sending SO MANY of these messages out. Alex is getting money even though he isn't going to be there. Get it? It's pretty cut and dry what I'm trying to say and why I think it's shady. It's shady because of the barragings with Alex in them in my eyes...

Incident #2) Not sure if you guys even read what I said but I'm not calling out Alice in Chains in ANY way. I'm calling out people who are being shady by putting their tickets on Craigs List and hoping the concert gets cancelled. If you buy computer printout tickets or even regular tickets off craigs list in some instances and don't have the receipt, you're SCREWED! The shady person who sold you the tickets got your money and can present his receipt back to tickmaster and get tickets for the new show or get his money back. Get it?

Well I'm not against Alex making money off the tour. They are playing some of his work that he has created and has a legal ownership over. He is part of the band (which is a business no matter how you look at it) and deserves a cut of what the band makes. I could get into the technical terms but I'm halfway throwing up at the moment and it's not coming to me.

And as far as the Alice in Chains thing, I don't see any correlation between people selling or scalping tickets for a show that is still technically scheduled to take place (as far as I know) and what you're bitching about with Skolnick. Most of those are probably bots from shitty ticket websites anyway.

Derelict
03-03-2010, 11:03 AM
I'd rather see Eric Peterson and Dragonlord than have to sit through Testament again.

+1

IrritatedTrout
03-03-2010, 12:11 PM

Just a heads up, apparently the big rock radio station in DC has confirmed that the show is happening. I sure hope they're right, I'm leaving in about an hour and I'd hate to make it all the way to DC just to have to turn around and go home.

Fe Maiden
03-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Hm, precarious. I ain't trippin, roll on April 1st :light:Does this mean NO Megadeth at this show:

If so, I will most surely pass and save $$ for Maiden tix!

jhdeity
03-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Yeah the show is still on. I sold my Maryland/Duke tickets for $600 so I was going to buy 2nd row for $100 each but between the hour drive and them being sick I'm going wait and hope they come back to Baltimore.

Yeah my problem with Testament was the amount of barraging then Skolnick bragging specifically about him receiving VIP money.

I bought tickets thinking I was getting Skolnick but never bitched about that once. Sure I would prefer him but my issue was with the glut of emails I received for VIP. Megadeth is doing the same VIP and I received a total of 1 email about them as opposed to 10 from Testament so I knew something was up. My buddy definitely met Alex yesterday because I've seen pics so he would have no reason to lie about him bragging about the "free money" he was going to receive. Sure he should get tour money, never said he shouldn't, I said if they're going to send emails with Alex on them and charge $75 they should at least have tiny fine print saying he isn't going to be there and out of principle that money should go to Glen who is actually there meeting people and talking with them. That's all.

Just trying to protect people. I know there are people who bought VIP expecting to see Alex. Personally I'd be pissed and I would feel duped a little.

ADD
03-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Does this mean NO Megadeth at this show:

If so, I will most surely pass and save $$ for Maiden tix!
Nah they're playing that, was hoping for a Bay show after but guess not.

IrritatedTrout
03-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah the show is still on. I sold my Maryland/Duke tickets for $600 so I was going to buy 2nd row for $100 each but between the hour drive and them being sick I'm going wait and hope they come back to Baltimore.

Yeah, the scalper prices are a little ridiculous. I was going to have to buy from them to get a decent seat but I managed to pull 3rd row on ticketmaster (although it's as far to the right side of the floor as possible) a week or two ago.;)