PDA

View Full Version : Between The Buried And Me -- Detroit, MI -- January 23rd, 2010

kevindeets
01-25-2010, 05:44 AM
It was the same setlist as the rest of the tour. GREAT show, and completely sold out. Setlist:

Obfuscation
Disease, Injury, Madness
More of Myself to Kill
Ants of the Sky
Alaska
Swim to the Moon
--encore--
White Walls

petrovar
01-25-2010, 08:04 AM
It was the same setlist as the rest of the tour.

And that's perfectly fine with me. Goin to see them tonight!:party:

petrovar
01-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Did they happen to play Viridian over the PA before White Walls or did they just play White Walls? Viridian has such a good lead in that makes it that much more powerful of a song.

kevindeets
01-26-2010, 04:46 AM
Just played "White Walls" (dedicated to the opening bands)

smearCampaign
01-26-2010, 06:49 AM
I guess this sold out fairly early because a week before the show it was moved from a smaller venue (The Magic Stick) to the terrible venue that's adjacent to it (The Majestic Theater). So they move it from one of my favorite small venues to the one theater I really can't stand in Detroit. I would have rather seen this show at Harpo's. The acoustics in the Majestic are absolutely terrible. It's not a very deep theater so all the sound just bounces off the back wall and the whole place turns into an echo-chamber where you can't hear shit unless you're right in front of the speakers. I'm pretty sure they oversold the place. We came in right before Devin started and it was already so packed that the crowd was all the way against the bar along the back wall of the venue. The crowd itself was a mixed bag of douches in UFC t-shirts who yelled 'faggot' at Devin the whole time and then there were the girl jean wearing high schoolers who were there with their 14 year old girlfriends. I was expecting a little more intellectual metal crowd, but you can't win them all.

The music and the musicians were absolutely amazing. The crowd and the venue were shit. Pretty sure Devin and Cynic played the same sets that had previously been reported. Really looking forward to a full DTP headlining tour.