One
Master Of Puppets
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Am I Evil?
Blackened
Seek & Destroy

Very cool set. They shifted a few songs around here which is cool. According to metontour.com this is the first time they've ever played Peru:eek: I thought Metallica had played pretty much everywhere by now.

JRA
01-19-2010, 09:01 PM
According to metontour.com this is the first time they've ever played Peru:eek: I thought Metallica had played pretty much everywhere by now.

Not to derail the thread but probably because of this:http://traffickingproject.blogspot.com/2008/05/slavery-in-peru.html

mankvill
01-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Master Of Puppets
good song
Nothing else Matters
Enter Sandman
---
Cover
Good song
Seek and Destroy

They need to change that up

eyekantspele
01-19-2010, 10:42 PM
nice to see Blackened as an encore song.

girnny777
01-20-2010, 02:38 AM
I hope they come back to NA with a set list. I don't think anybody needs to hear 7 songs from Death Magnetic again.

Maidenmagic
01-20-2010, 06:33 AM
nice to see Blackened as an encore song.

I'm glad it's back. It hadn't been played for awhile. It must have been wierd doing "That was just your life" in the middle of the set. Cyanide should be replaced with All Nightmare long.

andrew_metalhead
01-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Awesome setlist! \m/

MetalIsArt
01-20-2010, 07:59 AM
I hope they come back to NA with a set list. I don't think anybody needs to hear 7 songs from Death Magnetic again.

Two or three should be perfect (all nightmare long, my apocalypse, Judas kiss e.g.).

andrew_metalhead
01-20-2010, 08:01 AM

Well I would love to be proved wrong, but I don't think they are coming back for a while now. And yeah when they do come back you wouldn't hear 7 songs off of DM. You'll hear seven songs from the next album :lol:

GASTONCAPO666
01-20-2010, 08:21 AM
nice setlist.

The_jman
01-20-2010, 10:23 AM
nice set, woulda liked to see day that never comes in there rather than like one of the other dm songs but overall a good set, still too much dm though.

MetalIsArt
01-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Well I would love to be proved wrong, but I don't think they are coming back for a while now. And yeah when they do come back you wouldn't hear 7 songs off of DM. You'll hear seven songs from the next album :lol:

"Some other new songs" :D

Sanitarium78
01-20-2010, 12:27 PM
nice set, woulda liked to see day that never comes in there rather than like one of the other dm songs but overall a good set, still too much dm though.

Na, doing four songs instead of six off DM is just about right. TDTNC is getting played way too much so it was nice to see it taken out in favor of some older stuff. Too bad we can't say the same for NEM though.

The Ancient Mariner
01-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Good to see them back on tour again. Set list looks strange with Just Your Life and End Of The Line in the middle and Blackened in the encore. Still ... a good solid setlist. :metal:

The_jman
01-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Na, doing four songs instead of six off DM is just about right. TDTNC is getting played way too much so it was nice to see it taken out in favor of some older stuff. Too bad we can't say the same for NEM though.
agree about the older stuff... however I love Nem so we have to disagree there.

PowerMaiden
01-20-2010, 04:03 PM
7 songs off the new album, huh !?! I got 9 at my gig :flame:

they could retire for all I care

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Indestructible
01-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Thats one great Metallica set.

Sanitarium78
01-20-2010, 07:08 PM
7 songs off the new album, huh !?! I got 9 at my gig

I don't think they've ever done 9 new ones at one show this tour. Which show did you go to?

mankvill
01-20-2010, 07:10 PM
That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Sad But True
Broken, Beat and Scarred
Cyanide

That is one long-ass beer break.

rjturtle9
01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
That is one long-ass beer break.

For me that beer break starts after The End of the Line

mankvill
01-20-2010, 07:21 PM
For me that beer break starts after The End of the Line

Yeah, the first two songs off of DM aren't terrible, but BBS and Cyanide are two of the worst off that album.

rjturtle9
01-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Yeah, the first two songs off of DM aren't terrible, but BBS and Cyanide are two of the worst off that album.

True that. I hate that part of the show.

PowerMaiden
01-20-2010, 07:39 PM
montreal the 2 nd night, they sucked hard, 9 new songs

rjturtle9
01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
montreal the 2 nd night, they sucked hard, 9 new songs

calm down it was 7 not 9. yeah seven still sucks, but don't exaggerate it.

PowerMaiden
01-20-2010, 07:44 PM
ok, my mistake, 7

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11347

sorry, they still are dead to me

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

andrew_metalhead
01-20-2010, 07:45 PM

I don't think it 'sucks'. They are touring for the new album, so might as well play as many as they can. They won't be playing more than 2 songs off of it on the next tour.

PowerMaiden
01-20-2010, 07:45 PM

don't tell me me to calm down while I'm listening to Slayer you little punk

:horns:
Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
01-20-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't think it 'sucks'. They are touring for the new album, so might as well play as many as they can. They won't be playing more than 2 songs off of it on the next tour.

I'm not saying it sucks that they play 7 song of the new album. If they have enough good songs on it to play 7 that would be perfect, but this album imho has 4 maybe 5 good songs ont it so they play shitty songs like Cyanide. But that's not my biggest complain, my biggest complain is that they are playing like shit, no emotion, no aggression, no inspiration they lost it and on top of that Jayzm sounds gay. That's my complain

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

andrew_metalhead
01-20-2010, 07:50 PM
that they are playing like shit, no emotion, no aggression, no inspiration they lost it and on top of that Jayzm sounds gay. That's my complain

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Can't agree.

Cheers!!

IrritatedTrout
01-20-2010, 07:56 PM
I thought the new songs came off really well live. I didn't have any complaints about their inclusion after I had seen the show, and this is coming from someone that doesn't own Death Magnetic (neither the physical copy nor even the MP3s) and it was my first time seeing Metallica. Sure some more old stuff would have been great but I had great time hearing the new songs as well (except TDTNC, that song still blows;)).

Oh, and I'd much rather hear yet another DM song than fuckin NEM.:barf:

rjturtle9
01-20-2010, 07:57 PM

i do think it sucks especially when they have a shitty back to back section (Cyanide and Broken, Beat and Scarred). i would love to hear the first two and TDTNC, and maybe even switch up My Apocalypse and Judas Kiss, but all seven in the same set, now that is bad!!! He really did the worst set of the tour.

don't tell me me to calm down while I'm listening to Slayer you little punk

Oh im sorry, i was not aware that you were listening to Slayer. Please forgive me :tp:

Can't agree.

Cheers!!

:lol:

andrew_metalhead
01-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Oh, and I'd much rather hear yet another DM song than fuckin NEM.:barf:

Yeah, but I thank them for keeping NEM as it gives me a break from all the head banging :horns:

Sanitarium78
01-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah, but I thank them for keeping NEM as it gives me a break from all the head banging :horns:

I sat down when they I saw them last time while they did NEM. I honestly think that's the point of the song. Maybe they just want to crowd to have a breather for a few before they do Sandman which the crowd goes nuts for.

rjturtle9
01-20-2010, 08:08 PM

After four times of seeing them, i completely understand this :blaze:

Wizzbang11
01-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Not to derail the thread but probably because of this:http://traffickingproject.blogspot.com/2008/05/slavery-in-peru.html

Don't forget those organ & fat thieves...

JRA
01-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Don't forget those organ & fat thieves...

Being kidnapped and forced to sell your anus for the rest of your life is way worse than being killed for your body parts.

mankvill
01-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Jayzm

Innocent typo or another insult by saying "Jizm"?

Desros
01-20-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm not saying it sucks that they play 7 song of the new album. If they have enough good songs on it to play 7 that would be perfect, but this album imho has 4 maybe 5 good songs ont it so they play shitty songs like Cyanide. But that's not my biggest complain, my biggest complain is that they are playing like shit, no emotion, no aggression, no inspiration they lost it and on top of that Jayzm sounds gay. That's my complain

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Exactly. Even the old songs sucks the way they play them live now.

PowerMaiden
01-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Innocent typo or another insult by saying "Jizm"?

insult

I'll try to stop posting in the Metallica related threads, especially when I've had a few cold ones, I hate them so much now it's not even funny, I feel I was robbed of 160 $ at their last show. So please forgive my hatred towards them, it's just that when you have see them playing in the 80's and early 90's and you compare that to what they are now it makes me mad. But that shouldn't stop you guys to have fun at their concert.

sorry again

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sanitarium78
01-21-2010, 12:56 PM
insult

I'll try to stop posting in the Metallica related threads, especially when I've had a few cold ones, I hate them so much now it's not even funny, I feel I was robbed of 160 $ at their last show. So please forgive my hatred towards them, it's just that when you have see them playing in the 80's and early 90's and you compare that to what they are now it makes me mad. But that shouldn't stop you guys to have fun at their concert.

sorry again

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

That's OK I don't actually blame you for feeling like that. I downloaded both shows they did in Montreal. The first night they sound fine but the second night when you went they sounded awful. Truly one of the worst performances i've ever heard live. I don't what it was but everything was just off with them that night.

rjturtle9
01-21-2010, 01:54 PM
insult

sorry again

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Awww its ok :D

you just gotta see them again thats all. they're be better this next time :lol:

MetalIsArt
01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
And as we all know, Slayer never plays a bad show. They even love to tour and actually are never stoned & drunk.

But hey, if all your songs are the same... :allan::eyes::D

gabo03
01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Blackened!!