PDA

View Full Version : Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- January 15th, 2010

kulamram
01-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Club Stage @ Sonar
first night of tour with Immolation, Krisiun, Dreaming Dead and locals Nightfire

KRISIUN (set tooooo short!!)

kings of killing
combustion inferno
vicious wrath
vengeance's revelation (???)
sentenced morning
hatred inherit

IMMOLATION

passion kill
swarm of terror
majesty and decay (title song from upcoming album)
burial ground
wolf among the flock
i feel nothing
the purge (new song from upcoming album)
no jesus no beast
world agony

NILE

kafir
sacrifice unto sebek
hittite dung ritual
serpent mask
ithyphallic
execration text
papyrus containing...
4th arra of dagon
permitting the noble...
sarcophagus
lashed to the slave stick
cast down the heretic
black seeds of vengeance

DethMaiden
01-16-2010, 06:59 AM
NILE

kafir
sacrifice unto sebek
hittite dung ritual
serpent mask
ithyphallic
execration text
papyrus containing...
4th arra of dagon
permitting the noble...
sarcophagus
lashed to the slave stick
cast down the heretic
black seeds of vengeance

Same as in Europe but they picked up Hittite Dung Incantation. Meaning BETTER THAN EUROPE. :rocker:

JuuKun
01-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Cool. I might end up going tonight, I've got stuff to do during the day but I'll make a last minute decision when I get home at 6.

Natrlhi
01-16-2010, 07:01 AM
How did you like Dreaming Dead? I would ask for the setlist, but I don't expect you wrote it down or even knew what their songs were unless you're a fan, and besides, they only have the one album so far anyway. The live bits I've seen on YouTube look pretty promising...

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Fuck yes! What a great set, I am so damned pumped!! I personally wish that they would take out Ithyphiliac for something else, the title track kind of bores me, but I have no right to really complain. 4th Arra..., Lashed To The Slave Stick, Cast Down The Heretic, Permitting...? Total win.

And yeah, that Krisiun set is pretty short. Still very excited for them too! Just listened to one song from Dreaming Dead, certainly not bad, but not that instigating enough to investigate further. Their live show will have to do.

mankvill
01-16-2010, 09:31 AM
That Krisiun set followed by that Immolation set followed by that Nile set is going to be INSANE!

What time did this get over for you? I wanna see if I can catch DRI afterwards.

Fires Of Sedition
01-16-2010, 09:59 AM
This is awesomely cool to the max

MunicipalWasted
01-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Good sets!

Wish Immolation would play "Of Matyrs and Men"

Bloodcurse
01-16-2010, 01:22 PM
I hope Immolation plays "Father You're Not a Father" tomorrow in Philadelphia!!

Bloodcurse
01-16-2010, 02:19 PM
hittite dung ritual

it's actually called "Hittite Dung Incantation"

Polock91
01-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Those are some SICK setlists from Immolation and Nile. I cannot wait to see both of them on Monday, thanks for the post

GameFreac
01-17-2010, 05:06 PM
4 songs from the new Nile. Yes!

little miss watain
01-17-2010, 05:14 PM
How did you like Dreaming Dead? I would ask for the setlist, but I don't expect you wrote it down or even knew what their songs were unless you're a fan, and besides, they only have the one album so far anyway. The live bits I've seen on YouTube look pretty promising...

ask and sometimes you shall receive...
i actually have their setlist, "stolen" from the stage...it's as follows...
~stairs
~midnightmares
~perpetual pretext
~exile
~insanity
~within

i got to talk to the one guitarist, laura, & she is not only quite charming, but a helluva shredder...

little miss watain
01-17-2010, 05:16 PM
it's actually called "Hittite Dung Incantation"

according to the setlist "stolen" from the stage, that's exactly what it said...:D:D:D

Natrlhi
01-17-2010, 05:30 PM
~stairs
~midnightmares
~perpetual pretext
~exile
~insanity
~within

i got to talk to the one guitarist, laura, & she is not only quite charming, but a helluva shredder...
Yes she is. :rocker: Thanks for the setlist! :D

mankvill
01-17-2010, 05:48 PM
~stairs
~midnightmares
~perpetual pretext
~exile
~insanity
~within

What time did the show get over!

idrinkwine732
01-18-2010, 09:57 AM
I was hoping for Utterances of the Crawling Dead, but this is a great set anyway.

Epidemic Reign
01-18-2010, 12:48 PM
It's nice to see that Immolation are tearing through their whole catalog with what little set length they have. Can't wait for this tour in Mesa, feb. 4th!

idrinkwine732
01-18-2010, 01:06 PM
I never got into Krisiun, is there a specific album that I should listen to?

Davemeistro
01-18-2010, 01:20 PM
People will probably disagree with me, but my favorite Krisiun albums are probably Southern Storm and AssassiNation, their two newest albums.

Bloodcurse
01-18-2010, 01:27 PM
the Nile and Krisiun sets were the same in Philly. Immolation added "Father You're Not a Father" and changed up the new songs they played.

Bloodcurse
01-18-2010, 01:31 PM

Yes, Laura is a sweetheart! I talked with her for about 20 mins last night. She also has a thrash band called Warface, plus she's in Meldrum.

mankvill
01-18-2010, 01:53 PM
the Nile and Krisiun sets were the same in Philly. Immolation added "Father You're Not a Father" and changed up the new songs they played.

Yyyeeesssssss

What time did it get over?

Natrlhi
01-18-2010, 01:55 PM

Yes, Laura is a sweetheart! I talked with her for about 20 mins last night. She also has a thrash band called Warface, plus she's in Meldrum.
Wait, I'm confused. :confused: Who is "Laura"? The lead singer / guitarist is Elizabeth Schall, formerly of Winterthrall and the Iron Maidens (all-female Maiden cover band). Dreaming Dead was called Manslaughter when they cut their first EP, then two band members left, the album "Within One" was recorded as a duo between Elizabeth and drummer Mike Caffell, and then they added female guitarist Leslie Medina and bassist Juan Ramirez to the band about a year ago to once again complete the lineup, and for touring purposes.

So you both probably talked to either Elizabeth (lead guitar / vocals), or Leslie (guitar, backing vocals <--- I think). Is that right?

EDIT: Forget it - I just looked up their bio on Metal Archives. They do have a live / touring guitarist named Laura Christine. I wonder what happened to Leslie? Oh well - you were both right. Elizabeth is the one I hope to meet, though! :lovedup: :D

Bloodcurse
01-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Yyyeeesssssss

What time did it get over?

11pm due to the Philadelphia curfew.

mankvill
01-18-2010, 04:24 PM
11pm due to the Philadelphia curfew.

I'd never say this again, but I hope my show has an early curfew so I can catch D.R.I. after the show

MunicipalWasted
01-18-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd never say this again, but I hope my show has an early curfew so I can catch D.R.I. after the show

Ima have to say your probably not going to see DRI, dude. They take the stage at 10.

mankvill
01-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Ima have to say your probably not going to see DRI, dude. They take the stage at 10.

record bar usually runs pretty late though

the chewbacca defense
01-18-2010, 09:04 PM
knowing jaxx, it will prob go very late into the night, as it seems like all shows go till at least 12:30 or later

girnny777
01-19-2010, 06:23 AM
Good sets!

Wish Immolation would play "Of Matyrs and Men"

The only time I've seen them do that was waaaay back in August of 2006 when they opened up for Sodom.

little miss watain
01-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Yes she is. :rocker: Thanks for the setlist! :D

you're welcome...

little miss watain
01-19-2010, 09:17 AM
What time did the show get over!

show started at 6-ish, kinda early, especially for a friday...
i'd say we got out about midnight...give or take a few & time spent talking to the nile guys, who were all quite gracious in signing all we had for them & taking pics & just general talking...

little miss watain
01-19-2010, 09:19 AM

well, then, that explains the warface sticker on her guitar...
thanx for that info...have to check that out...