PDA

View Full Version : Trans-Siberian Orchestra Spring Tour Announced

Maiden33
01-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Source: http://www.Trans-SiberianExpress.com
Also, I received some of this info from Chris Caffery as well as "through the grapevine, so to speak, but I assure it's all good to go.

As though the gods themselves had planned it, TSO will be taking to the road at the end of March to bring their fans something special and long-awaited!

The first set of this show will be the Beethoven's last Night album performed in its entirety (:drool:), and the second set will be an assortment of Night Castle tunes, and who knows, maybe some surprises as well. Singers have yet to be confirmed, but the core band will be back to the roots - Savatage, more or less. Chris Caffery and Al Pitrelli will split the guitar duties, and Johnny lee Middleton and Jeff Plate will be the rhythm section. Also, Bob Kinkel will be taking the primary keyboard duties on as well. Yep, folks - this is gonna be the lineup that recorded the album, more or less.
Speaking of going back "to the roots", you'll notice that the venues for this tour are, in fact, THEATERS. They are scaling back to just one incarnation and only playing theaters, not arenas.

I could not have asked for a better gift from them. Well played, Paul O'Neill. Now lets hope you can muster a good cast of singers.

Dates listed below:

March 25, 2010 Cincinnati,OH - Taft Theatre
March 26, 2010 Akron, OH - EJ Thomas Perf. Arts Hall-Univ. of Akron
March 27, 2010 Cleveland,OH - Playhouse Square Center - Palace Theater
March 28, 2010 Syracuse, NY - Landmark Theatre
March 31, 2010 Providence, RI - Providence Performing Arts Center
April 1, 2010 Boston, MA - The Wang Center For the Performing Arts
April 2, 2010 Hartford, CT - The Bushnell Center For the Performing Arts
April 3, 2010 Hershey, PA - Hershey Theatre
April 4, 2010 Pittsburgh, PA - Benedum Center
April 5, 2010 Erie, PA - Warner Theater
April 7, 2010 Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theater
April 8, 2010 New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall
April 9, 2010 Wilkes Barre, PA - Kirby Center For the Performing Arts
April 10, 2010 Albany, NY - Palace Theater
April 11, 2010 Washington DC - Warner Theater
April 13, 2010 Toronto, ON - Massey Hall
April 15, 2010 Buffalo, NY - Shea's Performing Center
April 16, 2010 Columbus, OH - Palace Theater
April 17, 2010 Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre
April 18, 2010 St Louis, MO - Fox Theatre
April 20, 2010 Grand Rapids, MI - Devos Performance Hall
April 21, 2010 Detroit, MI - Detroit Opera House
April 22, 2010 Milwaukee, WI - Riverside Theater
April 23, 2010 Des Moines, IO - Civic Center of Greater Des Moines
April 24, 2010 Minneapolis, MN - State Theater
April 25, 2010 Kansas City, MO - Kansas City Music Hall
April 27, 2010 Oklahoma City, OH - Civic Center Music Hall
April 28, 2010 Amarillo, TX - Amarillo Civic Center Coliseum
April 30, 2010 San Antonio, TX - San Antonio Municipal Auditorium
May 1, 2010 Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theater
May 2, 2010 Dallas, TX - Nokia Theatre at Grand Prairie

I'll be hitting the Philly and Wilkes Barre shows. No way I can miss seeing this at least once or twice, and I've been to both venues before, loved 'em. Man, I'm so excited for this.

mankvill
01-15-2010, 10:32 PM

TSO tours in the Spring?

edit: I might try and catch this show.

Maiden33
01-15-2010, 10:40 PM

TSO tours in the Spring?

edit: I might try and catch this show.

This will be the first time. Due to Night Castle being out, they have enough original material to facilitate an "off-season" tour, as obviously no one wants a Christmas show in April. :D

I think this is the perfect win-win for them AND the fans. The downsized venues and special setlist are a huge thanks to the fans who want to see something special and different, in a more intimate setting - and the venue size makes up for the tickets they won't sell because it's off-season for them, and thus many people just won't go. Also, I've talked to Chris about this, and they are all very, VERY excited about getting back to these "Beethoven's" songs they love and the more intimate vibe.

JuuKun
01-16-2010, 05:16 AM
Hell yeah, I love Beethoven's Last Night!

March 31, 2010 Providence, RI - Providence Performing Arts Center

Probably be there.

DethMaiden
01-16-2010, 06:06 AM
Gonna try very hard to go home for the weekend when they play Columbus. :horns:

Travis The Dragon
01-16-2010, 06:42 PM
What's up with all the theaters? I thought they were an arena act.

Sanitarium78
01-16-2010, 07:18 PM
What's up with all the theaters? I thought they were an arena act.

Go read the original post again. It should have all the info you need.

I've never seen them live because i'm just not that big a fan of the whole christmas music thing. But to be able to see them play a theater and do all of BLN and stuff from the new one will be cool. Since it's coming to my city I'll seriously consider going to it. Maybe since it's not a christmas thing we could get some Savatage songs in there:drool:

ChildrenofSodom
01-16-2010, 11:44 PM
Now a show comes to Columbus...one I've seen twice already. Thanks.

DethMaiden
01-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Now a show comes to Columbus...one I've seen twice already. Thanks.

Not even. They're not gonna do any Christmas stuff at all...it should be an awesome experience.

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-17-2010, 08:23 AM
I will try my hardest to go to the April 9th show at the Kirby place. It's a Friday, an hour and a half away from Bing, definitely do-able. And to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra?? Really hopes this goes according to plan.

Maiden33
01-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I will try my hardest to go to the April 9th show at the Kirby place. It's a Friday, an hour and a half away from Bing, definitely do-able. And to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra?? Really hopes this goes according to plan.

If you go, we'll have to meet up. That's the one show I'll definitely be going to, possibly doing Philly as well.

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-17-2010, 11:55 AM
If you go, we'll have to meet up. That's the one show I'll definitely be going to, possibly doing Philly as well.

Will do, hopefully my driver will want to go as well. Hope to see you there! :horns:

Maiden33
01-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Oh, I wanted to tell everyone, it says on the website that tickets will be exclusively available to fanclub members, so do yourselves a favor and sign up - it's free.

http://www.trans-siberianexpress.com

DethMaiden
01-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Oh, I wanted to tell everyone, it says on the website that tickets will be exclusively available to fanclub members, so do yourselves a favor and sign up - it's free.

http://www.trans-siberianexpress.com

Thanks, just did. :fist: Still a question mark by that Columbus gig for me, but I sure hope so.

ChildrenofSodom
01-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Not even. They're not gonna do any Christmas stuff at all...it should be an awesome experience.

Oh, I didn't read the link. I might go then.