PDA

View Full Version : Kamelot NA Tour

mankvill
01-15-2010, 09:27 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133469

Kamelot
Leaves' Eyes
Blackguard

The dates are as follows:

Sept. 08 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues *
Sep. 11 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx *
Sep. 14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
Sep. 15 - New York, NY @ Nokia Theatre *
Sep. 17 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium *
Sep. 18 - Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
Sep. 19 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Sep. 21 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
Sep. 22 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
Sep. 24 - Chicago, IL @ Logan Square Auditorium
Sep. 25 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Ave
Sep. 27 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theatre
Sep. 29 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
Oct. 01 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues *
Oct. 02 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues

* VIP tickets available

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Beat me to it ;)

I hate you Kamelot. Everytime you come to the Tri-State or somewhere close, it's on a weekday. This is either the second or third time I'm missing them. And I've been wanting to see them for a LONG TIME now. :mad::mad::mad:

IrritatedTrout
01-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I'll be at the Jaxx show, last time I saw Kamelot they were phenomenal.

SomewhereInTime72
01-15-2010, 12:03 PM
I'll go. Since the new album is out soon, maybe they'll actually change more than 2 songs in the setlist.

Maiden33
01-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Son of a god damn bitch, why are they playing Philly NOW? For years, I didn't feel like going to NYC to see Kamelot and they never played Philly, and now they do, when I'm already gonna be seeing them at ProgPower. Go figure.

JuuKun
01-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm already seeing them at ProgPower, but I might see them in Worcester the week after if I've got the money. Double my chances of actually seeing them play Elizabeth! :)

Plus, if they're upstaged by Nocturnal Rites (The majority of the live reviews I've seen for NR make this seem like a definite possibility), be nice to see them on their own afterwards.

Maiden33
01-15-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm already seeing them at ProgPower, but I might see them in Worcester the week after if I've got the money. Double my chances of actually seeing them play Elizabeth! :)

Plus, if they're upstaged by Nocturnal Rites (The majority of the live reviews I've seen for NR make this seem like a definite possibility), be nice to see them on their own afterwards.

1.I'd say there's no way you have higher chances of seeing Elizabeth anywhere but ProgPower, as far as the US is concerned.

2.They will be upstaged by Nocturnal Rites, no question. My one experience seeing Kamelot was underwhelming, and every live review I've ever heard of Nocturnal Rites (save for Ravenheart's, surprise, surprise) has been stellar. Not to mention anytime you have a nearly tangible feeling of anticipation and excited (as there will be), it makes a set that much better.

ChildrenofSodom
01-15-2010, 12:47 PM
CLEVELAND GETS ALL THE SHOWS!!!!!

Spiral_Slave
01-15-2010, 02:10 PM
I'll go this even though I'll be seeing Leaves Eyes and Kamelot at ProgPower. Kamelot are awesome live IMO, and Blackguard are as well.

xStructualDefect
01-15-2010, 02:49 PM
hmm i think i'm going to go to this. i've always wanted to see Kamelot even though i didn't like Ghost Opera. Leaves' Eyes are good i'd like to see them again. and Blackguard put on a great show last time i saw them. yea i'm going.

b_halperin
01-15-2010, 03:24 PM
:rocker::rocker::rocker:

always wanted to see kamelot, very excited!

Blackguard is great as well.

es156
01-15-2010, 04:58 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133469

Kamelot
Leaves' Eyes
Blackguard

The dates are as follows:

Sept. 08 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues *
Sep. 11 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx *
Sep. 14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
Sep. 15 - New York, NY @ Nokia Theatre *
Sep. 17 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium *
Sep. 18 - Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
Sep. 19 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Sep. 21 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
Sep. 22 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
Sep. 24 - Chicago, IL @ Logan Square Auditorium
Sep. 25 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Ave
Sep. 27 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theatre
Sep. 29 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
Oct. 01 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues *
Oct. 02 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues

* VIP tickets available

Worst venue I have ever been to.

:mad:

Maiden33
01-15-2010, 11:05 PM
I'll go this even though I'll be seeing Leaves Eyes and Kamelot at ProgPower. Kamelot are awesome live IMO, and Blackguard are as well.

I'm guessing you failed to realize that the Florida date is the night of the Wednesday show in Atlanta. Unless you already don't plan to attend that, even though it hasn't been announced.

xStructualDefect
04-27-2010, 04:51 AM
bump.

i was just listening to Kamelot and Leaves' Eyes and i haven't gave them good long listens in awhile. i've seen Leaves' Eyes and Blackguard already, both great live, but to anyone that has seen Kamelot; are they really good live? i've never seen them and despite this show being expensive ($40ish, damn HOB and their charges), i'm debating if it's worth it.

The Green and Black
04-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Still considering The Trocadero date.

AnglOvDeth
04-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Leaves Eyes & Blackguard apparently doing off dates 10/4 & 10/5 in Mesa and Tucson, respectively. Not sure if Kamelot is on these shows yet. For more info visit enterthevault.com or moshpitarmy.net.

IrritatedTrout
04-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Kamelot was fantastic when I saw them. All the guys have great stage presence and they sound just as good, if not better than on album.

JuuKun
04-27-2010, 12:13 PM
bump.

i was just listening to Kamelot and Leaves' Eyes and i haven't gave them good long listens in awhile. i've seen Leaves' Eyes and Blackguard already, both great live, but to anyone that has seen Kamelot; are they really good live? i've never seen them and despite this show being expensive ($40ish, damn HOB and their charges), i'm debating if it's worth it.

I've heard a lot of people say they're awesome live, and a lot of people say they're bad. The only "live" experience I have with Kamelot is the One Cold Winter's Night DVD, which is really good, but I've never seen them myself to know.

maidenpriest
04-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Leaves Eyes & Blackguard apparently doing off dates 10/4 & 10/5 in Mesa and Tucson, respectively. Not sure if Kamelot is on these shows yet. For more info visit enterthevault.com or moshpitarmy.net.

ugh if they are doing off dates then no way Kamelot is coming here...which freaking sucks. loved their show back in 2007

Nick_to_the_face
04-28-2010, 06:21 AM
I think....that every band just hates kansas city....

JuuKun
09-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Roy Khan is seriously ill, and has to sit out the North American tour. Michael Eriksen from Circus Maximus will be doing vocals for Kamelot on the tour instead, as they don't want to cancel.

http://www.kamelot.com/site/news/kamelot-singer-falls-ill-north-american-tour-to-go-on/#more-375

I'm glad they're still going on with the tour even though Roy's ill, and atleast they picked a great vocalist for the tour replacement. Really wish that I'd be seeing them with Roy, but I'll still almost definitely be going to the Worcester date.

DementedX14
09-03-2010, 06:31 PM
This is disappointing, however, I hope Khan gets well and comes back soon.

Akumu
09-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm gonna reiterate what I said on Facebook: I'm not worried about how he'll be received at ProgPower, but I am worried about how he'll go down at the other Kamelot gigs - there's already a lot of hate going on because, well, he isn't Khan. :hecho: I will definitely still be there, though.

Spiral_Slave
09-04-2010, 08:10 AM
FUCK! That blows. Eh, already seen em 3 times but I was really looking forward to the ProgPower show.

Maiden33
09-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Michael Eriksen is a better singer than Khan. (Hides)

maidenpriest
09-04-2010, 05:50 PM

i have to disagree, i love Khan and i think he is an amazing vocalist. i would be pretty disappointed if i was going to this tour. for me i wouldnt listen to Kamelot hardly at all if it wasnt for him

Akumu
09-04-2010, 07:05 PM

:nag:

Actually, as fangirlish as I am? This dude is an awesome replacement because he has the range that Khan doesn't really have anymore. In fact, I thought "Oh, maybe this means that they can play some of their older stuff. :o" and guess what? They just updated their MySpace, saying that they're rehearsing Nights of Arabia. :D

Yeah, I was really disappointed at first, but right now I'm more pissed at the circumstances and the fact that other fans are actually screaming at them to cancel/postpone when this happened five days before the tour and they've invested so much money in this. Jesus Christ, Khan hand-picked Eriksen himself, I doubt he'd do that if he thought he wouldn't do a good job.

Maiden33
09-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Eriksen's involvement is actually the only reason I'm now actually considering going to this. I love the guy's vocals, and it would just be a cool thing to witness I think.

es156
09-05-2010, 04:35 PM
The vocals are the main reason I don't listen to Circus Maximus. I will probably skip this show now.

JuuKun
09-07-2010, 11:06 AM
:(

Hi Kamelot Nation.

As many of you know, Roy has fallen ill and could not make the North American tour.

We have been rehearsing like madmen here in Tampa -- the band is tighter than ever and Michael from Circus Maximus is truly an amazing singer; if there is one male vocalist in this world who is on par with Roy, it is Michael! However, after today's rehearsal, we all decided that we do not feel right about doing the North American tour as anything less than a 100% Kamelot Experience. We appreciate that many fans have waited more than 2 years for new material and to see us perform together. Our new album, “Poetry for the Poisoned” represents a labor of love from us, and to present it at anything less than full strength seems a disservice to all involved. Though we will suffer financial losses on this late hour cancellation, we still feel it’s the right decision for us as a band to make – we regret disappointing all those who worked so hard to shape this tour, and especially those fans who were still so willing to come through and support us despite Roy’s absence. We are humbled by that type of support, and we sincerely hope that our return in full form Kamelot strength will be more reward for your unwavering loyalty! We will reschedule all shows in the near future, once Roy is able to return. Refunds can be obtained at the point of purchase. To thank Michael for his effort, the band will still appear at the soldout Progpower Festival, as a one off show with him and many special guest singers from the festival. Again, we want to thank all of you for your amazing support!!

Best regards, Kamelot Members.

Damn it. I was actually really looking forward to seeing them with Michael, or just seeing Kamelot in general. Hope they can come back soon, though.

IrritatedTrout
09-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Tonight is Kix and I urge all fans of Jaxx to help us get out of the summer doldrums by not only attending tonight's show but by bringing some friends, especially in light of what has happened with the Kamelot show on Saturday. Kamelot is another longtime Jaxx band that always sells out and this show was no exception. Tuesday night I was informed that the singer has some type of Neurological disorder that is life threatening and now can't tour. The replacement singer, also from Norway, didn't work out so now no show at Jaxx and no tour. They prepaid everything, permits, visas, tour bus, crew, the whole shebang. Sound stage for rehearsals, new gear etc., and now have no way to cover those expenses. It gets worse, Leave's Eyes from Germany and Blackguard from Canada, the 2 opening acts for the tour, did the same thing expense wise. They flew in to Miami on Tuesday, picked up their bus, and headed to Atlanta for Prog Power and the start of the tour. Only to find out there is no tour and they are broke and 4000 miles from home. After having been in the same situation with the Roadducks countless times (one of the hazards of touring) I am trying to help them and do the right thing. So Leave's Eyes and Blackguard along with Cypher Lock will perform on Saturday with a 10 dollar cover. I know you are disappointed about Kamelot. But the reason the show sold all 500 tickets was 'cause you folks are true fans with allot of you coming in from bumfuck etc.. So please help these bands out and attend. Trust me, Jaxx needs the money too. I apologize to those who made extensive travel plans but put yourself in the place of the bands involved. At least you can drive home. These guys are between a rock and a hard place with 4000 miles and an Ocean to cross. Kamelot will find another singer and reschedule asap. Thanks for your understanding and support

Quote from the owner of Jaxx, where Kamelot was scheduled to play tomorrow. That does not sound good at all.

Maiden33
09-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote from the owner of Jaxx, where Kamelot was scheduled to play tomorrow. That does not sound good at all.

Given that the statement that follows that is false, I'm not sure how trustworthy the information is.

Metal_Head
09-10-2010, 02:10 PM
It must be true that tour is cancelled. The Palladium in Worcester, MA says that the tour is cancelled and that refunds will be given.

http://www.thepalladium.net/events.html

Scroll down to the September 17th date.

Maiden33
09-10-2010, 02:11 PM
It is indeed true that the tour is canceled.

However it is false that it's because "the replacement singer didn't work out". Eriksen was fully capable of doing the tour, the band just decided to postpone the tour out of respect for Khan, also due to the negative response of Kamelot fanboys who refused to accept substitutes.

JuuKun
09-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I would also like to point out that the information about Leaves Eyes (can't speak for Blackguard) showing up, picking up their buses and heading to Atlanta to start the tour is not true either, considering that there was concern over whether Leaves Eyes would still play ProgPower in light of the Kamelot tour being canceled (as they were only added to the bill once they were confirmed for the tour, they weren't originally on the PP lineup), but they talked with Glenn and were re-confirmed. So they didn't show up at PP just to find out that tour wasn't happening, which is what that statement makes it sound like.

So I'm also going to be taking his specifying Roy's illness with a grain of salt.