PDA

View Full Version : Sodom U.S. Tour!

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-13-2010, 05:21 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133378

Holy fuck yes.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

mankvill
01-13-2010, 05:23 PM
THAT IS NOT A TOUR

THAT IS FUCKING STUPID

WHY DO ALL THE BANDS I WANT TO SEE PLAY 2 OR 3 DATES AND CALL IT A TOUR

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-13-2010, 05:27 PM
They will probably play more dates, there are more to be announced I'm sure.

mankvill
01-13-2010, 05:32 PM
They will probably play more dates, there are more to be announced I'm sure.

It doesn't say they're going to do more dates. There's those two, then MDF right after.

Fucking first it was Naglfar, then Immortal, now Sodom. Fuck that.

mankvill
01-13-2010, 05:37 PM
If Kreator can put together awesome tour packages and tour the states extensively every year, Sodom should have no trouble doing more dates with awesome bands. Sodom (in my opinion) is way better than Kreator, but they are not fucking Metallica. They are not a "destination" band, especially here in the states.

andrew_metalhead
01-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Fuckin awesome news!! Been waiting for Sodom for so long!

mankvill
01-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Fuckin awesome news!! Been waiting for Sodom for so long!

:bouville:

JuuKun
01-13-2010, 07:20 PM
NYC's on my last day of school. If I can't make MDF, then I'll leave for NYC right after school and see FUCKING SODOM! :rocker:

mankvill
01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
NYC's on my last day of school. If I can't make MDF, then I'll leave for NYC right after school and see FUCKING SODOM! :rocker:

:bouville:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
01-13-2010, 08:09 PM
THAT IS NOT A TOUR

THAT IS FUCKING STUPID

what he said.

Wizzbang11
01-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Lame, guess if I can't make MDF I won't be seeing Sodom anytime soon :(

I highly doubt they will announce anymore dates, I guess MAYBE they could fly to the midwest, travel west, fly to the east, and then tour there, but if not I can't imagine a tour fitting within a 5 day time frame.

andrew_metalhead
01-13-2010, 08:37 PM
THAT IS NOT A TOUR

THAT IS FUCKING STUPID

Dude chill. They are probably just seeing how the ticket sales go before announcing a whole bunch of shows which they might have to cancel due to possibly poor ticket sales.

mankvill
01-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Dude chill. They are probably just seeing how the ticket sales go before announcing a whole bunch of shows which they might have to cancel due to possibly poor ticket sales.

It's SODOM. They don't really need to worry about poor ticket sales.

andrew_metalhead
01-13-2010, 09:11 PM

Hmm. May be they do. I don't see any other reason for announcing just 2 dates. I really don't think they'll come all the way here, do 2 shows and go back. They can't be that stupid.

rjturtle9
01-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Hmm. May be they do. I don't see any other reason for announcing just 2 dates. I really don't think they'll come all the way here, do 2 shows and go back. They can't be that stupid.

it's happened by a lot of bands before man

Wizzbang11
01-13-2010, 09:20 PM

Immortal is doing it, plus it makes less sense to spend all the extra money flying back and forth between coasts to fit a tour around the dates they have. LA-Maryland-NY in the course of a week.

JuuKun
01-13-2010, 10:16 PM

Bands can get away with asking a much higher guarantee if they're doing 2 exclusive shows. Supposedly, Immortal's guarantee was something like $70,000 last time they played NYC.

It might not be about the money, though. I don't remember the last time Sodom toured here, or even remember reading about any recent Sodom tours or dates in the US - while us fans can say they don't have to worry about selling tickets, if they haven't been here in awhile it's probably safer to play 3 exclusive, sold out shows versus risking a full tour with half (or less) filled venues, especially at this stage in their career. If they do well, though, they'll probably come back, like Marduk did.

mankvill
01-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Bands can get away with asking a much higher guarantee if they're doing 2 exclusive shows. Supposedly, Immortal's guarantee was something like $70,000 last time they played NYC.

It might not be about the money, though. I don't remember the last time Sodom toured here, or even remember reading about any recent Sodom tours or dates in the US - while us fans can say they don't have to worry about selling tickets, if they haven't been here in awhile it's probably safer to play 3 exclusive, sold out shows versus risking a full tour with half (or less) filled venues, especially at this stage in their career. If they do well, though, they'll probably come back, like Marduk did.

I think the last time Sodom toured the US was in 2006 when their S/T came out. Now, it's just WACKEN WACKEN WACKEN GERMAN FESTS EURO TOURS UK WACKEN

IrritatedTrout
01-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Wow, I really need to make it out to MDF now. Need to come across some money first though.

ravenheart
01-14-2010, 01:39 AM

Yeah they do.

xStructualDefect
01-14-2010, 02:11 AM
well they're playing my area, too bad i'm not into their music at all. maybe i should relisten to their music.

Natrlhi
01-14-2010, 08:15 AM

Bolt Thrower came all the way across the pond last year to play Maryland Death Fest, and then went back home. Immortal is coming over here to do a few shows this year, and that's it. It happens al the time.

Mankvill is right - this suxorz. :bouville:

EDIT:

Yeah they do.

No, they don't.

girnny777
01-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I've heard that Angelripper hates touring so that might explain why they only do select festivals and the occasional US shows.

Either way I don't really care because I'm definitely going to MDF this year.