PDA

View Full Version : 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise

Pages : [1] 2

JuuKun
01-12-2010, 02:29 PM
TROUBLE, AMON AMARTH and SODOM are among the confirmed bands for the 70000 Tons Of Metal cruise, which is set to sail from Miami, Florida to Cozumel, Mexico on January 24, 2011 and return four days later.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

AGENT STEEL
AMON AMARTH
CRIPPER
DEATH ANGEL
ENSIFERUM
EPICA
EXODUS
FEAR FACTORY
FINNTROLL
FORBIDDEN
GAMMA RAY
ICED EARTH
KORPIKLAANI
MARDUK
MOONSPELL
OBITUARY
RAGE
RAVEN
SAXON
SODOM
SONATA ARCTICA
SWASHBUCKLE
TESTAMENT
TROUBLE
TYR
ULI JON ROTH
UNLEASHED
WITCHBURNER

A posting on the festival's web site reads, "Imagine starting the year in style. In January 2011, when everyone else is stuck with cold weather, snow and rain, 40 heavy metal bands and 2,000 fans will take over a luxury cruise ship in the Caribbean for a five-day and four-night trip of a lifetime.

"Tons of onboard live shows on several indoor and outdoor stages, open-mic nights, bars that never close, a fun- and sun-filled day on the beautiful island of Cozumel and an opportunity to mingle side-by-side with the artists in this incredibly fan-friendly scenario that has no comparison.

"It's like everyone has a backstage pass. You might even need a vacation from this vacation when all is said and done!"

For more information, visit www.70000tons.com

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Total win. What a shame it falls right as I begin school for the next three years -_-

DethMaiden
01-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Oh holy fuck. I wish I didn't attend college. This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

Spiral_Slave
01-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I plan on going with three other friends. :horns:

I hope they announce some more bands soon.

JRA
01-12-2010, 02:54 PM
That's pretty damn cool. I wish Gamma Ray was on a cruise.

Derelict
01-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Did a metal cruise before (melloboat), completely fucking owned. this sounds tempting

DethMaiden
01-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Did a metal cruise before (melloboat), completely fucking owned. this sounds tempting

Jealous on that one. Opeth, Katatonia, Comus, Leaf Hound. Yes please.

mankvill
01-12-2010, 03:53 PM
SODOM

ON A BOAT

:fist:

Derelict
01-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Jealous on that one. Opeth, Katatonia, Comus, Leaf Hound. Yes please.

And many drunk Swedes and Finns. Our cabin mates drank warm cans of beer as breakfast

idrinkwine732
01-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Sooooooooo there.....soooooooooooooo there...

Maiden33
01-12-2010, 11:20 PM
I definitely am interested in this, however I have one huge hang up about it.

Odds are they won't announce the entire lineup for quite some time, but this is so widely appealing it will probably sell out before that occurs. So being that I'd need to see an entire lineup to make a decision (barring the inclusion of a few, highly unlikely acts which would secure my attendance totally on their own), this will probably sell out before I can actually objectively make a decision. Also, due to the fact that I'm still strongly looking at going to ProgPower, I will have like absolutely no spare cash until mid-fall. So there goes that idea.

I gotta admit though, it's pretty well-priced, and unlike Triton Power Cruise, at least this will be taking up the full boat, so it is really like a floating metal festival - not shows and metalheads amidst tourist families.

rjturtle9
01-13-2010, 09:18 AM
SODOM

ON A BOAT

:fist:

this post made me lol. i really don't know why

ravenheart
01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
AMON AMARTH
SODOM
SONATA ARCTICA
STRATOVARIUS
TROUBLE
WITCHBURNER

Uli Jon Roth confirmed.

I'm am seriously tempted to come out there for this.

Derelict
01-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Uli Jon Roth confirmed.

I'm am seriously tempted to come out there for this.

Miami has a force field that prevents ugly women from entering. Its tremendous.

ravenheart
01-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Erm, WTF?!

"Add $249/pp for taxes, pre-paid gratuities, port charges, fuel-surcharges, booking, and ticketing"

DethMaiden
01-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Erm, WTF?!

"Add $249/pp for taxes, pre-paid gratuities, port charges, fuel-surcharges, booking, and ticketing"

I think that's just what happens on cruises. Not unique to this metal cruise.

Natrlhi
01-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I think that's just what happens on cruises. Not unique to this metal cruise.

DethMaiden is correct, and what's more, that's less than normal. Usually it's about two hundred just for the "mandatory" gratuities (even though, technically, you can ask them to take that off your invoice and give the crew whatever gratuity you think is reasonable - at least one cruise line let me do that a few years back...).

ravenheart
01-15-2010, 03:28 AM
give the crew whatever gratuity you think is reasonable

This is usually nothing.

Fires Of Sedition
03-24-2010, 12:09 AM
So...my friends and I are totally planning on going to this shit. :rocker:

Maiden33
03-24-2010, 12:30 AM
So...my friends and I are totally planning on going to this shit. :rocker:

Hope you have the money now and are planning on booking soon.

The problem with this event is that it's too much money for people just to pull out of their ass, but it's going to sell out well before all the acts are announced. The lowest price-level cabins are already gone.

Fires Of Sedition
03-24-2010, 12:43 AM
Hope you have the money now and are planning on booking soon.

The problem with this event is that it's too much money for people just to pull out of their ass, but it's going to sell out well before all the acts are announced. The lowest price-level cabins are already gone.

Damn...my friend was figuring up all the prices and what not and said that the cheapest we could do it is around $950 each...guess we'll have to look into it and invest a little more.

ravenheart
03-24-2010, 06:15 AM
The problem with this event is that it's too much money for people just to pull out of their ass.

Not me, but they're announcing the bands FAR too slowly. I don't care about that many of them so far, I'd be banking on them pulling some great announcements out later, which I'm not convinced they will.

ADD
03-24-2010, 10:39 AM
This would be a helluva party.

Fires Of Sedition
03-24-2010, 10:54 AM
This would be a helluva party.

Exactly, and because this year has sucked a fat cock so far, it'd be perfect for cheering me up.

Div
03-24-2010, 11:13 AM
PRICING

Add $249 per person for taxes, pre-paid gratuities, port charges, booking, and ticketing.

All prices are PER PERSON, for the whole trip, in US-Dollars and include the following:

- Meals in the dining rooms, deli, bars, and 24h room service
- Non-carbonated, non-alcoholic beverages (i.e. tea, juices, coffee)
- Use of the ship's amenities like pools, fitness center, etc.
- Access to all concerts, shows, and performances

Please note: you can only book cabins, not single tickets!

Cabin categories that are shown like this are sold out.

INTERIOR
Category Deck 2 Bed 3 Bed 4 Bed
Interior N 2 $866 $766 $666
Interior M 3 $899 $799 $699
Interior L 4 $933 $833 $733
Interior K 5-7 $966 $866 $766

OCEAN VIEW
Ocean View I 8 $1299 $1099 $899
Ocean View H 2 $1333 $1133 $933
Ocean View G 3 $1366 $1166 $966
Ocean View F 4-7 $1399 $1199 $999

SUPERIOR OCEAN VIEW
Category Deck 2 Bed
Superior SO 9 $1666

BALCONY SUITE
(with private balcony)
Category Deck 2 Bed 3 Bed
Junior Suite JS 10 $1999 $1666

GRAND SUITE
(with large private balcony)
Grand Suite GS 10 $2999 $2499 $1999

Fires Of Sedition
03-24-2010, 11:18 AM
We're going to try to get everyone who wants to go together this weekend and plan/book it!

JuuKun
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
14 out of 40 bands announced so far, updated the first post.

Div
03-24-2010, 04:56 PM
i could save up for this if i start now, but when do you think itll be sold out by?

also gotta factor in the cost of getting to and from florida.

Travis The Dragon
03-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Who the fuck would pay that much when alcohol is NOT included and there are NO major acts?????

mankvill
03-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Who the fuck would pay that much when alcohol is NOT included and there are NO major acts?????

:confused:

Amon Amarth
Epica
Obituary
Saxon
Sodom
Trouble

Aren't major acts?

Div
03-24-2010, 07:02 PM

fill a large mouthwash bottle with absinthe, smuggle it aboard, problem solved.

Travis The Dragon
03-24-2010, 07:13 PM

Amon Amarth
Epica
Obituary
Saxon
Sodom
Trouble

Aren't major acts?

By major, I mean at least as big as Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden and so on.

Travis The Dragon
03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
fill a large mouthwash bottle with absinthe, smuggle it aboard, problem solved.

:lol: That would work.

Fires Of Sedition
05-14-2010, 12:10 AM
A few bands have been added to the cruise.

DEATH ANGEL
FORBIDDEN
TESTAMENT

ravenheart
05-14-2010, 08:03 AM
The line-up is VERY slowly getting good, but no bands that make it worth the expense and travel for me to go to this. Definitely scrapping my plans.

Maiden33
05-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Gonna be honest - aside from Saxon (who I would kill to see again), I really don't care about seeing any of these bands. Not saying I don't like any of the rest, but not even sure if I'd go to see any of them if they played further than an hour from me.

The Green and Black
05-14-2010, 11:19 AM
The line-up is VERY slowly getting good, but no bands that make it worth the expense and travel for me to go to this. Definitely scrapping my plans.

Yes! Although I'm still considering this. Like I said in another random thread, I'm still holding out hope that a standout band or two for me will be added, that will make my decision easier. Adding Overkill, Andre Matos, Tobias/Edguy, Jon Oliva(not likely since he gets sea sick) or Megadeth (not likely because Mustaine is a bitch) would totally sell me. I like most of the bands announced thus far, with the exception of a few, but I need a stand out to set me over the edge and commit to this.

JuuKun
05-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Jon Oliva(not likely since he gets sea sick)

Well, JOP were booked for the Triton Power Cruise before it got canceled, so maybe?

It's a very nice lineup, yeah, but never be able to afford it. Would need Morgana Lefay to make me actually look into going. Or, something ridiculous like Miika Tenkula didn't actually die and a Sentenced reunion.

Natrlhi
05-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Mustaine is a bitchYour stock just went up a little in my book. ;) :lol:

ravenheart
05-14-2010, 12:46 PM
I like most of the bands announced thus far, with the exception of a few, but I need a stand out to set me over the edge and commit to this.

Yeah, I like most of them too, and a show in this country with Testament, Forbidden, Sodom and Death Angel would be a guaranteed sell for me, but the cost of getting to Miami means this line-up has got to be pretty damned special. And so far, it isn't.

imanidiot777
05-26-2010, 06:55 AM
Exodus has now been added.

Natrlhi
05-26-2010, 07:52 AM
The line-up is VERY slowly getting good, but no bands that make it worth the expense and travel for me to go to this. Definitely scrapping my plans.I agree. If it continues getting better, I might actually consider this. Cozumel is great - I'm a SCUBA diver and I've been there a few times. I also play poker, and I read on the web site that there is a tournament on board. Sounds interesting. I wonder if any of the band members will play?

Amon Amarth, Sodom and Exodus would be a decent draw for me. Haven't seen the first two yet, so there's that. Death Angel, Obituary and Testament wouldn't be bad either. They really ned to add a few more interesting names though to get me over the proverbial hump of really wanting to consider this seriously.

The idea is awesome, though - no doubt. If only there were a few more ports-of-call - that would make this a no-brainer. Dive by day, thrash by night...WOOOOOOOOOO!!! :metal:

DethMaiden
05-26-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm a SCUBA diver

I know it's an acronym, but this made me lol. :lol:

Chyck
05-26-2010, 10:13 AM
I need to not click on this thread any more. Now that Exodus has been added to a lineup I already lurved, my metal-loving soul is screaming "Why? Why can't I go? So what if the cruise is during school? So what if I'd have to not eat for months on end to afford this? It'd be so much FUN!"

I wonder when this thing will sell out...

Natrlhi
05-26-2010, 10:35 AM
^ I'm gonna bump this thread weekly just to fuck with your head. :D

Chyck
05-26-2010, 10:37 AM
^ I'm gonna bump this thread weekly just to fuck with your head. :D

:bouville:

You, my friend, are not very nice

Natrlhi
05-26-2010, 10:45 AM

You, my friend, are not very nice

taint my job ta be nice

:allan:

Chyck
05-26-2010, 10:46 AM
taint my job ta be nice

:allan:

bahahaaaa ... you said taint...

~walks away before teh AWESOME cruise thread becomes completely juvenile~

idrinkwine732
05-26-2010, 04:57 PM
I agree. If it continues getting better, I might actually consider this. Cozumel is great - I'm a SCUBA diver and I've been there a few times. I also play poker, and I read on the web site that there is a tournament on board. Sounds interesting. I wonder if any of the band members will play?

Amon Amarth, Sodom and Exodus would be a decent draw for me. Haven't seen the first two yet, so there's that. Death Angel, Obituary and Testament wouldn't be bad either. They really ned to add a few more interesting names though to get me over the proverbial hump of really wanting to consider this seriously.

The idea is awesome, though - no doubt. If only there were a few more ports-of-call - that would make this a no-brainer. Dive by day, thrash by night...WOOOOOOOOOO!!! :metal:

Cozumel is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been, and it's a diver's paradise. I first learned how to dive there, but I've pretty much forgot 90% of the stuff I learned. If this were an option, I would be there.

The Green and Black
05-27-2010, 06:43 AM
I'm still waiting on that landmark band for me to sell me on this whole adventure. I like most of the bands, love of few of them, hate a handful.

idrinkwine732
05-27-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm still waiting on that landmark band for me to sell me on this whole adventure. I like most of the bands, love of few of them, hate a handful.

SSSSSSOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 07:26 AM
hate a handful.

who is there to hate on this lineup?

The Green and Black
05-27-2010, 07:34 AM

who is there to hate on this lineup?

Swashbuckle and Epica :mad:

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 07:36 AM

from what i've heard Swashbuckle is a lot of fun live even if you don't like them, and Epica isn't that bad live even though they're not my cup of tea. 2 bands isn't really a handful :tongue:

The Green and Black
05-27-2010, 07:41 AM
from what i've heard Swashbuckle is a lot of fun live even if you don't like them, and Epica isn't that bad live even though they're not my cup of tea. 2 bands isn't really a handful :tongue:

:lol: I guess you are right, but there are still like 23 slots to fill!

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 07:51 AM
:lol: I guess you are right, but there are still like 23 slots to fill!

pretty much every band on that lineup is great, i'm sure primarily really good bands will be added. i don't see them adding a bunch of shitty bands out of nowhere :lol:

Div
05-27-2010, 11:44 AM

you've gotta admit tho, if you have to see swashbuckle it might as well be on a boat.

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 11:45 AM
you've gotta admit tho, if you have to see swashbuckle it might as well be on a boat.

:agree: :lol: What could be more appropriate?

EDIT: So, in other words,
Wrong, and wrong.

I don't care for Epica's music whatsoever, but I'd still pop my head in for this set just for a minute or two, for obvious reasons (which I'm assuming do not apply for G&B). ;)

Div
05-27-2010, 11:47 AM
:agree: :lol: What could be more appropriate?

they could add giant squid, mastodon and alestorm to the lineup

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 11:49 AM
they could add giant squidI just came.

rjturtle9
05-27-2010, 11:59 AM

One of the many reasons I want to go to this! :mad:

mankvill
05-27-2010, 12:19 PM
xD im on a boat!!! xD

idrinkwine732
05-27-2010, 01:28 PM
I just came.

Those Donner Party At Sea lyrics could become ominous...

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Those Donner Party At Sea lyrics could become ominous...Indeed.

Note to the rest of you: It's a Squid thing - you wouldn't understand. :cool:

Chyck
05-27-2010, 02:39 PM

... what does Mastodon have to do with boats...? :eyes:

Indeed.

Note to the rest of you: It's a Squid thing - you wouldn't understand. :cool:

Though I don't understand, that's the third reference to cannibalism in the past 24 hours on this board. I'm not coming near any of you.

ravenheart
05-27-2010, 02:44 PM
... what does Mastodon have to do with boats...? :eyes:

Leviathan album?

Chyck
05-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Leviathan album?

~facepalms~ Sorry, thinking of band names alone. Ams stoopid :D

mankvill
05-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Leviathan album?

WHALECORE

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 03:13 PM
WHALECORE

:lol: Nice!

Maiden33
05-27-2010, 03:13 PM

It's really wrong that this is all coming together after Running Wild has retired. They made a career out of pirate-metal about 2 decades before it became the hip new thing.

idrinkwine732
05-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Though I don't understand, that's the third reference to cannibalism in the past 24 hours on this board. I'm not coming near any of you.

I don't think Throwing a Donner Party at Sea is about cannibalism.

But the earlier version of that song, Throwing a Donner Party sure as hell is...

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 06:26 PM
It's really wrong that this is all coming together after Running Wild has retired. They made a career out of pirate-metal about 2 decades before it became the hip new thing.

Alestorm and i guuuuess Swashbuckle are really the only pirate bands out there.

i could be wrong though.

Chyck
05-27-2010, 06:36 PM

But the earlier version of that song, Throwing a Donner Party sure as hell is...

I haven't the slightest clue, but I have stood atop the dirt where the actual Donner Party is buried (or, you know, what was left of them) - one of the creepiest moments of my life.

idrinkwine732
05-27-2010, 08:23 PM
I haven't the slightest clue, but I have stood atop the dirt where the actual Donner Party is buried (or, you know, what was left of them) - one of the creepiest moments of my life.

Where was that?

Fires Of Sedition
05-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Alestorm and i guuuuess Swashbuckle are really the only pirate bands out there.

i could be wrong though.

There's more. I think one's name has Scurvy in it. The other one I know of is Verbal Deception.

Natrlhi
05-28-2010, 06:56 AM

But the earlier version of that song, Throwing a Donner Party sure as hell is...Ummm...they're the same song, basically. The recent one is a re-tooling of the original.

...and to get technical about it, neither song is really about cannibalism. It's the sharks that get to eat the people in that song. ;)

In fact, I think there's a video floating around somewhere where Aaron introduces the song by saying, "this song is about getting eaten by sharks!". Pure 100% awesome. :fist:

EDIT: I stand corrected. The lyrics in the original are slightly different, and they are about the original Donner Party. The remake is the one that's questionable, as Wine said. Instead of the wagon breaking down, it's a ship that gets rammed twice by a sperm whale, and the survivors are left adrift. It sounds like it could be using the same metaphor, but I still think I've seen a video somewhere where Aaron makes the comment about being eaten by sharks. Come to think of it, it may have been at the show I saw, and it might actually be my video I'm thinking about. I'll have to check into this... ;)

idrinkwine732
05-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Ummm...they're the same song, basically. The recent one is a re-tooling of the original.

...and to get technical about it, neither song is really about cannibalism. It's the sharks that get to eat the people in that song. ;)

In fact, I think there's a video floating around somewhere where Aaron introduces the song by saying, "this song is about getting eaten by sharks!". Pure 100% awesome. :fist:

EDIT: I stand corrected. The lyrics in the original are slightly different, and they are about the original Donner Party. The remake is the one that's questionable, as Wine said. Instead of the wagon breaking down, it's a ship that gets rammed twice by a sperm whale, and the survivors are left adrift. It sounds like it could be using the same metaphor, but I still think I've seen a video somewhere where Aaron makes the comment about being eaten by sharks. Come to think of it, it may have been at the show I saw, and it might actually be my video I'm thinking about. I'll have to check into this... ;)

The lyrics in the Monster in the Creek version are about the Donner Party, although the music is the exact same. Some lyric changes include from "with the snow up to our knees" to "with the brine up to our knees"

Natrlhi
05-28-2010, 07:29 AM
The lyrics in the Monster in the Creek version are about the Donner Party, although the music is the exact same. Some lyric changes include from "with the snow up to our knees" to "with the brine up to our knees"
Right. I caught that after my original post. I'm still Google searching for that damn video, and I can't find it. I'm starting to think it's the video I took, in which case I'll look at it when I get home tonight. I'd love to re-watch that video anyway - I got both Grayceon's and Squid's sets in full. :cool:

Chyck
05-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Where was that?

Truckee, NV - a must go to for any (even slight) history nerd who has to travel I-80.

There's nothing quite like walking a trail, seeing this, and thinking "My what a pretty boulder. I wonder what that plaque says."
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs502.ash1/29704_400528607117_833052117_4153837_5612328_n.jpg

Only to realize that holy shit, you're touching the cabin wall of some of the Donner party and effectively standing atop the desecrated and cannibalized remains of some of the party.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs522.snc3/29704_400528627117_833052117_4153838_5170300_n.jpg

Cue feelings of unease.

Now then, back on topic...

If they get Voivod (who have nothing to do with the sea but are awesome) for this cruise, I'll give up your first born to go. Seriously.

Natrlhi
05-28-2010, 07:44 AM
If they get Voivod (who have nothing to do with the sea but are awesome) for this cruise, I'll give up your first born to go. Seriously.Regretting not seeing them at Scion? ;)

Just kidding - I know you were where you wanted to be at the time. That would be rad as fuck if they were to add a band such as Voivod to this.

Oh, and I see you're still lurking this thread and torturing yourself. Nice. Pick scabs much?

Chyck
05-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Oh, and I see you're still lurking this thread and torturing yourself. Nice. Pick scabs much?

I'm a little bit of a masochist ;). So sue me.

idrinkwine732
05-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Reverting back to off-topic for a moment...

Truckee, NV - a must go to for any (even slight) history nerd who has to travel I-80.

I go to Truckee all the time, there's some awesome skiing near there. I'm pretty sure I actually know the place you're talking about.

Chyck
05-29-2010, 12:14 AM
I go to Truckee all the time, there's some awesome skiing near there. I'm pretty sure I actually know the place you're talking about.

Take an hour or two out of your day to go sometime - make sure to watch the vid before you wander around, though. It makes everything that much creepier.

MORE IMPORTANTLY - for anyone that though that this metal cruise might be a myth (I have a few friends that did), I asked the guys in Swashbuckle tonight - it is really. It really really is real. I want to go so badly.

ravenheart
05-29-2010, 04:46 AM
I did love the idea, and was totally planning to fly out for this, but they're taking far, far too long to complete the line-up, and there are barely any bands I can't see regularly already. It needed some special bands for the price and they still don't have any :(

idrinkwine732
05-29-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm not 21, so it's not happening for a long time for me.

Fires Of Sedition
05-29-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm not 21, so it's not happening for a long time for me.

Wait..you have to be 21? Where does it say that?

JuuKun
05-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Wait..you have to be 21? Where does it say that?

Click (http://www.70000tons.com/age.htm)

You don't. You have to be 21 to have your own cabin. It does look like, besides a few exceptions, there -does- need to be somebody over 21 in each cabin, though.

Natrlhi
05-29-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm a little bit of a masochist ;). So sue me.Sue you?!? I want to hire you! ;)

Derelict
05-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Even with a mediocre lineup, i dont see any way this isnt a ton of fun

Maiden33
05-29-2010, 02:44 PM
I did love the idea, and was totally planning to fly out for this, but they're taking far, far too long to complete the line-up, and there are barely any bands I can't see regularly already. It needed some special bands for the price and they still don't have any :(

Unfortunately for US people - Saxon is a special band. Thus far they are the only reason I would even consider going on this band-wise.

ravenheart
05-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately for US people - Saxon is a special band. Thus far they are the only reason I would even consider going on this band-wise.

As special as they are to you, I strongly suspect the biggest attraction here is Sodom.

Fires Of Sedition
05-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Click (http://www.70000tons.com/age.htm)

You don't. You have to be 21 to have your own cabin. It does look like, besides a few exceptions, there -does- need to be somebody over 21 in each cabin, though.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Div
05-30-2010, 08:31 PM
if anyone under 21 needs someone who is over 21 to get a cabin feel free to buy me a ticket. its a win-win.

kommie
05-31-2010, 07:01 AM
You also have to get a passport as well, as you'll be going to Mexico as well

imanidiot777
07-01-2010, 12:40 PM
FEAR FACTORY has been confirmed on the website now. The lineup just keeps getting better.

ravenheart
07-01-2010, 01:48 PM
FEAR FACTORY has been confirmed on the website now. The lineup just keeps getting better.

Very, very slowly...

Maiden33
07-01-2010, 08:06 PM
There's still only one band on this whole thing I really care about - Saxon. Don't get me wrong, there's several others I would gladly see (again) and look forward to if I were going to do this, but they certainly wouldn't be convincing me to go. I can't believe I waited like 5+ years to see Saxon, and it's only been a little more than a year since, and I'm dying to see them again.

AnglOvDeth
07-02-2010, 04:31 PM
I need to get on this damn boat! I cannot miss this event. I have a badass guitar for sale, check it out in The Starving Musician's forum. Thanks all!

Fear Factory, Amon Amarth, Exodus, Testament, Moonspell, Obituary, Sodom, Finntroll, Trouble, etc. etc. .... and they haven't announced headliners yet?!?!?!?! :drool:

ravenheart
07-03-2010, 09:08 AM
There's still only one band on this whole thing I really care about - Saxon.

Yes, we know. And each time a band everyone knows you don't like gets added, it doesn't need saying again ;)

JuuKun
07-03-2010, 12:46 PM
However, we picked up one man from the woods of Canada that will help to complete a new band with some pretty well known musicians from two other countries.

Hm. Makes me curious. My best guess at the Canadian musician would be Devin.

Still, with the exceptions of Sodom and Saxon, there's no one on here that I want to see that I can't see on tour.

JLRedWing13
07-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Lineup is looking good.

rjturtle9
07-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Fear Factory, Amon Amarth, Exodus, Testament, Moonspell, Obituary, Sodom, Finntroll, Trouble, etc. etc. .... and they haven't announced headliners yet?!?!?!?! :drool:

I heard Slayer was gonna be on it. Just a rumor though so if I'm wrong don't kill me.

AnglOvDeth
07-04-2010, 11:44 PM
That would be awesome, but I have ONE band request for the cruise...

RAMMSTEIN!!!!!! :light: :rocker: :party:

I would need diapers if this were announced.

The Green and Black
07-09-2010, 06:55 AM
And the other 20 bands are -

:confused::confused::confused:

Crionics
07-09-2010, 07:05 AM
I heard Slayer was gonna be on it. Just a rumor though so if I'm wrong don't kill me.

Slayer on a boat? :drool:

treghet
07-09-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm starting to really want to go on this cruise... :blaze:

Derelict
07-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Agent Steel was added yesterday

AnglOvDeth
07-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm starting to really want to go on this cruise... :blaze:

If you want to go, better book it soon, I hear cabins are filling fast. Also, I'm trying to recruit a cabin mate, so if you're interested let me know.
I MUST sell my f'n guitar though before I can do anything. I would like to pay in full at the time of booking. Since you're from L.A., I figure it's better to share a room with someone nearby (I'm in Phoenix) since I can't get anyone to commit to this yet.
Let me know. :party:

ravenheart
07-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Iced Earth confirmed.

idrinkwine732
07-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Iced Earth confirmed.

...jesus...

illninoese
07-21-2010, 05:40 PM
If you want to go, better book it soon, I hear cabins are filling fast. Also, I'm trying to recruit a cabin mate, so if you're interested let me know.
I MUST sell my f'n guitar though before I can do anything. I would like to pay in full at the time of booking. Since you're from L.A., I figure it's better to share a room with someone nearby (I'm in Phoenix) since I can't get anyone to commit to this yet.
Let me know. :party:

I may take you up on your offer. ButcherOfBirth and I live in Florida and we were seriously thinking about doing this. But for the best deal on a room I think you need 4 people. I'll talk to him about it and we'll let you know.

Div
07-21-2010, 07:44 PM
yea no way i can make this cruise, if they do a second round then thats a different story tho...

imanidiot777
07-22-2010, 06:19 AM
...jesus...

It is getting pretty sick

idrinkwine732
07-22-2010, 10:17 AM
It is getting pretty sick

The last ones announced are going to be even better...

imanidiot777
07-22-2010, 12:26 PM
The last ones announced are going to be even better...

How big do you think the names will get?

ravenheart
07-22-2010, 12:47 PM
How big do you think the names will get?

THIS BIG?

mankvill
07-22-2010, 12:55 PM
THIS BIG?

no

Div
07-22-2010, 01:20 PM
inb4 blind guardian

rjturtle9
07-22-2010, 01:49 PM
inb4 blind guardian

inb4 Slayer and Mastodon. Heard they were supposed to do this...

Chyck
07-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Have I mentioned lately that I hate each and everyone one of you that actually has the chance to go to this? I hate you. I really, really hate you.

ravenheart
07-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Hmm, I'm reconsidering... Shame the cheapest cabins are all sold.

JLRedWing13
07-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Iced Earth......*cries*

orlandodavis
07-22-2010, 10:34 PM
This cruise is like a dream come true. All they need is an Asian massage parlor on board and i can die a happy man.

Fires Of Sedition
07-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Have I mentioned lately that I hate each and everyone one of you that actually has the chance to go to this? I hate you. I really, really hate you.

I had the chance to go...until I realized you had to have someone who is at least 21 book the thing and go with you. :(

Chyck
07-23-2010, 08:47 AM
I had the chance to go...until I realized you had to have someone who is at least 21 book the thing and go with you. :(

Pay for my ticket and we'll talk :D

(douchebag comment of the century, I know)

MunicipalWasted
07-23-2010, 09:17 AM

Shouldn't be too hard to find someone 21.. check their forums, man.

Fires Of Sedition
07-23-2010, 10:18 AM

I barely had enough for myself! And I've already started spending the money I was saving. :(

Shouldn't be too hard to find someone 21.. check their forums, man.

I'd rather it not be a complete stranger, though.

Derelict
07-23-2010, 10:26 AM
this is starting to look pretty solid, def considering this

ravenheart
07-23-2010, 11:04 AM

OK! No, wait... no :D

Derelict
08-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Stratovarius cancelled, Ensiferum added

idrinkwine732
08-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Stratovarius cancelled, Ensiferum added

Fuck me that's great...

treghet
08-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I am a firm believer that cruises are a horrible way to spend a vacation (unless you're old), but this one... Oh how I want to go on it. Did I mention I'm a big Ensiferum fan? :drool:

Crionics
08-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I am a firm believer that cruises are a horrible way to spend a vacation (unless you're old), but this one... Oh how I want to go on it. Did I mention I'm a big Ensiferum fan? :drool:

INTO BATTLE WE RIDE WITH GODS BY OUR SIDE
WERE STRONG, AND NOT AFRAID TO DIE!

Yessss :rocker:

idrinkwine732
08-03-2010, 07:58 PM

I had a lot of fun on an Alaskan cruise once, but in general I agree. Damn this would be great though.

NecroRob
08-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I had a lot of fun on an Alaskan cruise once, but in general I agree. Damn this would be great though.

Tru dat, the Alaskan cruise I went on was great.

Derelict
08-04-2010, 05:50 AM
I know its somewhere earlier in the thread, but i did the Melloboat Cruise in 2008. Stockholm to Helsinki and back (two nights), with Opeth and Katatonia, among other playing. Absolute fucking blast.

Div
08-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Tru dat, the Alaskan cruise I went on was great.

a black metal alaskan cruise would be awesome :bouville:

idrinkwine732
08-04-2010, 09:32 PM

:drool:

NecroRob
08-04-2010, 10:19 PM

That would be kvlt as fuck.

Derelict
08-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Marduk added.

daimonos
08-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Marduk added.

:eek:

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

bt11763
08-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Marduk added.

FUCK

Derelict
08-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Korpiklaani added. I think I'm added too.

Derelict
08-14-2010, 12:28 AM
I think I'm def in on this if there's any -21s that need help. No, no bjs

TonyD
08-14-2010, 12:30 AM
I think I'm def in on this if there's any -21s that need help. No, no bjs

Ok, it's 3:30 in the morning on the east coast. Go to bed old man.

Derelict
08-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Ok, it's 3:30 in the morning on the east coast. Go to bed old man.

Drinking beers with my brother and watching bad movies - what else should I be doing?!?!?

TonyD
08-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Drinking beers with my brother and watching bad movies - what else should I be doing?!?!?

Masturbating

imanidiot777
08-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Korpiklaani added. I think I'm added too.

I LOVE Korpiklaani!!

Natrlhi
08-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Masturbating

"yourself to sleep" was the end of that sentence, but The Tony was taking his own advice, and well, you can figure out the end of the story. ;)

Derelict
08-20-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm definitely doing this, if there's anyone under 21 that wanted to jump in on a cabin, please contact me within the next day or two

treghet
08-20-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm definitely doing this, if there's anyone under 21 that wanted to jump in on a cabin, please contact me within the next day or two

If only I had the money. Plus, that would mean being out of school for a week... and as much as I would like that, the amount of makeup work would leave me screwed. :(

Fires Of Sedition
08-20-2010, 10:19 PM

FUCK. I've already spent a lot of the money I had saved up to go...:bawling:

Derelict
08-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Damn - was reading through the website today, looks like almost all of the bands are playing twice

imanidiot777
08-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Do you think they know who the other 17 unannounced bands are and are just taking time to release it on purpose? Or do you think they are still figuring out who will play? I wish I could see the other 17 now although if I had the money the current lineup is already good enough.

bt11763
08-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Damn - was reading through the website today, looks like almost all of the bands are playing twice

Derelict
08-23-2010, 12:52 PM

I meant "damn" in a good way

from the FAQ

"How many gigs will each band be playing?

Most bands on board will be performing two scheduled shows and who knows what other jam sessions might arise?"

zgodt
08-23-2010, 10:06 PM
This sounds incredible. If only I had no family and lots of disposable income...

bt11763
08-23-2010, 10:49 PM
I meant "damn" in a good way

from the FAQ

"How many gigs will each band be playing?

Most bands on board will be performing two scheduled shows and who knows what other jam sessions might arise?"

oh no yeah i didn't know what you meant, didn't know they were doing that, that's sweet

rjturtle9
08-23-2010, 10:52 PM
oh no yeah i didn't know what you meant, didn't know they were doing that, that's sweet

I'm going to crash my boat in the ocean on their course. They are gonna have to bring me on board!

Derelict
08-23-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm going to crash my boat in the ocean on their course. They are gonna have to bring me on board!

You can crash in my cabin once you make it on board

makethemsuffer12
08-24-2010, 07:49 AM
This sounds incredible. If only I had no family and lots of disposable income...

Well, you can always murder your family...

zgodt
08-24-2010, 08:19 AM
You can crash in my cabin once you make it on board

Unless he crashes his boat into your cabin.

rjturtle9
08-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Unless he crashes his boat into your cabin.

Haha that's what I thought he meant at first.

es156
08-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Well, you can always murder your family...

Not funny.

:hmm:

makethemsuffer12
08-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Not funny.

:hmm:

Funny or not, it's still an option.

Derelict
09-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Rage (GER) added

imanidiot777
09-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Rage (GER) added

They any good? Never heard of them.

Derelict
09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Unleashed added today. Still 15 more to announce, I wish they would just do it all at once.

mankvill
09-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Unleashed added today. Still 15 more to announce, I wish they would just do it all at once.

FUCK YES HOPEFULLY THIS MEANS UNLEASHED ARE DOING A US TOUR!

bt11763
09-06-2010, 11:45 PM
FUCK YES HOPEFULLY THIS MEANS UNLEASHED ARE DOING A US TOUR!

ravenheart
09-07-2010, 01:43 AM
They any good? Never heard of them.

Poor. Get on that!

AnglOvDeth
09-07-2010, 02:29 AM
Unleashed added today.

:rocker: ONWARD! INTO COUNTLESS BATTLES! :rocker:

So fucking pumped for this!!!!! :party:

mastodon421
09-07-2010, 07:33 AM

Holy shit This keeps getting better all time. Hopefully Unleashed tours the US soon.

Natrlhi
09-07-2010, 12:05 PM
FUCK YES HOPEFULLY THIS MEANS UNLEASHED ARE DOING A US TOUR!:agree: That's exactly what I was thinking. Their latest album is damn near a masterpiece - I need to hear it live ASAFP.

mankvill
09-07-2010, 02:45 PM
:agree: That's exactly what I was thinking. Their latest album is damn near a masterpiece - I need to hear it live ASAFP.

:party:

One of my favorite concerts was Obituary/Unleashed.

"HAMMER BATTALION - KANSAS!"

treghet
09-07-2010, 02:49 PM
:party:

One of my favorite concerts was Obituary/Unleashed.

"HAMMER BATTALION - KANSAS!"

I wanted to go to that. :(

mastodon421
09-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Unleashed slayed , Obituary was so sloppy and boring live.

AnglOvDeth
09-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Tyr added. :party:

Derelict
09-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Tyr added. :party:

yeah I'm pretty happy with that one

Derelict
09-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Gamma Ray added

AnglOvDeth
09-17-2010, 02:39 PM
And Cripper added. :confused:

es156
09-18-2010, 07:26 AM
According to their site, Iced Earth has also been added. Lineup just keeps getting better.

Fires Of Sedition
09-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Iced Earth confirmed.

According to their site, Iced Earth has also been added. Lineup just keeps getting better.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZarcbbQIJfM/SSYXj91sY1I/AAAAAAAAACE/gBuA-8JNpEM/s400/Big+Silly+Goose.jpg

es156
09-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Sorry man, didn't see that.

:snivel:

JuuKun
09-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Updated the first post with the lineup as it is right now. Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but Stratovarius had to cancel because the dates conflict with the tour they'll be doing with Helloween.

ravenheart
09-19-2010, 06:39 AM
And Cripper added. :confused:

That's a good thing. Go listen to them. They're better live than on record too.

ravenheart
09-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Oh holy fuck. I wish I didn't attend college. This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I really want to go to this too, and if I lived Stateside I'd be there, but getting there from here is the deal-breaker. For some reason flights to Miami that week are five (not exaggerating) times more expensive than the week before. Plus all the cheaper cabins are sold out.

2012 Brad, we there!

ravenheart
09-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Obituary was so sloppy and boring live.

Agreed. Saw them in July in Finland. Pretty uninspiring. They're not doing their awesome records justice at all.

Derelict
09-19-2010, 07:10 AM
I really want to go to this too, and if I lived Stateside I'd be there, but getting there from here is the deal-breaker. For some reason flights to Miami that week are five (not exaggerating) times more expensive than the week before. Plus all the cheaper cabins are sold out.

2012 Brad, we there!

That really blows man - we were able to get direct flights to Miami for $280

Div
09-19-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm sure they'll be doing this again, I'm definitely down for the next time around. Official metalsetlists meetup will be on a boat :fist:

daimonos
09-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Hmmm... College visit in Florida?

Derelict
09-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Here comes a good one - Nevermore AND Sanctuary added.

makethemsuffer12
09-23-2010, 06:20 PM

OH COME ON!!!

bt11763
09-23-2010, 07:07 PM
OH COME ON!!!

shouldn't you be seeing iced earth right now? :confused:

ravenheart
09-24-2010, 02:59 AM

Motherfuckers! :bouville:

ravenheart
09-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Right, fuck it, I need to do this.

Let the logistical nightmare commence!

Derelict
09-24-2010, 05:15 AM
Right, fuck it, I need to do this.

Let the logistical nightmare commence!

I figured you'd break down eventually....see you there chief

ravenheart
09-24-2010, 05:21 AM
I figured you'd break down eventually....see you there chief

I always wanted to, and was originally planning to do it for sure, but the line-up announcements were just too slow to justify such an expensive trip (even though, in all honesty, when things are in the hundreds of ús rather than thousands, money isn't the issue).

But they've made up for it, so fuck it, it needs doing.

I will need to fly out on Saturday though as the flight prices more than double if I go on Sunday. So who's up for a couple of nights in Miami over that weekend before the cruise on the Monday? :D

Derelict
09-24-2010, 05:24 AM
We're flying down to Miami the Saturday before the cruise, hanging out in Miami Saturday night. We're renting a car Sunday and heading down to the Everglades for the day, then boarding the ship Monday. Flying home Friday not too long after we get back to Miami.

ravenheart
09-24-2010, 05:45 AM
We're flying down to Miami the Saturday before the cruise, hanging out in Miami Saturday night. We're renting a car Sunday and heading down to the Everglades for the day, then boarding the ship Monday. Flying home Friday not too long after we get back to Miami.

That's would be my exact plan too, minus the car part.

Derelict
09-24-2010, 05:54 AM
That's would be my exact plan too, minus the car part.

Cool - I was in Miami once before and remember great Cuban food, if you wanted to join us for dinner at a random Cuban place on that Saturday night.

ImmortalEmperor
10-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Dark Tranquillity confirmed

imanidiot777
10-14-2010, 03:50 AM
Dark Tranquillity confirmed

Orgasm

Derelict
10-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Sabaton added. 8 bands to go, I think.

Northern_Shaman
10-15-2010, 06:35 PM
So envious of everyone going to this. Has there been any mention/rumour of a possible DVD yet? Fuck. Even if this wasn't on a cruise I'd be jealous.

AnglOvDeth
10-17-2010, 03:53 AM
The event will be professionally filmed. That's all the info given. DVD copyrights are TBD, and there are strict filming policies and many contracts/stipulations involved with the official press of the event... but I'm sure they will put out something in summer/fall of 2011, but that's merely speculation. ...And Sam Dunn and Banger Films will NOT be on board.

Derelict
10-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Blind Guardian (!) and Blackguard (lol - of course) added today

34 of 40 confirmed

makethemsuffer12
10-25-2010, 06:45 PM

34 of 40 confirmed

Seriously, it's not even awesome anymore. It's saddening :(

mankvill
10-25-2010, 07:05 PM

34 of 40 confirmed

Sodom - ON A BOAT!

next day:

Blind Guardian - ON A BOAT!

Shit man.

Derelict
10-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Sodom - ON A BOAT!

next day:

Blind Guardian - ON A BOAT!

Shit man.

hey dont forget, all bands are playing twice

mankvill
10-25-2010, 07:41 PM
hey dont forget, all bands are playing twice

I'm going to kill you and wear your skin so I can go to this.

rjmartinez91
10-25-2010, 08:49 PM

34 of 40 confirmed

Fuck! :(

AnglOvDeth
10-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Fuck! :(

Yeah, fuck is right. Where the fuck is IMMORTAL???? :hmm: :flame:

Derelict
10-26-2010, 04:56 AM

I know, you want to see Swashbuckle and Blackguard on the high seas.

makethemsuffer12
10-26-2010, 12:00 PM

Get Alestorm on the bill and it'll be perfect :lol:

Maiden33
10-26-2010, 12:28 PM

Get Alestorm on the bill and it'll be perfect :lol:

Ahem.. you seem to be forgetting the band that invented "Pirate" Metal!

Derelict
10-26-2010, 12:36 PM

I assume you're talking about running wild - didnt they retire?

mankvill
10-26-2010, 03:41 PM

What about the WHALECORE innovators?

makethemsuffer12
10-26-2010, 05:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwmyd8mOZkI

:rocker:

rjturtle9
10-26-2010, 11:04 PM
I hope this hits an iceberg. This is just too badass for me too miss.

Maiden33
10-27-2010, 07:56 AM
I assume you're talking about running wild - didnt they retire?

Yeah, they did. I was just sayin'

I hope this hits an iceberg. This is just too badass for me too miss.

Shut up! I don't Saxon, Blind Guardian, and Gamma Ray to die!

Derelict
10-27-2010, 07:59 AM
I think they need to offer running wild any sum of money to reunite for this trip, its just too perfect.

And hey, my mom would be upset if this hit an iceberg and I died, you mean people.

kommie
10-27-2010, 11:02 AM
I highly doubt there's any iceberg's from Florida to Mexico.

rjturtle9
10-27-2010, 02:16 PM
I highly doubt there's any iceberg's from Florida to Mexico.

:lol: Sorry people. I'm just pissed.

kommie
10-27-2010, 04:25 PM
This concert is awesome and all, but I'd want to kill people to go if somehow Bloodbath and Wintersun were added, highly doubt it though.

idrinkwine732
10-27-2010, 04:44 PM
This concert is awesome and all, but I'd want to kill people to go if somehow Bloodbath and Wintersun were added, highly doubt it though.

Wintersun aren't playing shows until Time is released, ie never. Bloodbath is pretty much eternally going to be a destination band, and probably wouldn't do this fest.

I think you're going to be safe.

ravenheart
10-27-2010, 04:52 PM

January 2012. We're all going. No excuses. Start saving now, losers.

kommie
10-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Wintersun aren't playing shows until Time is released, ie never. Bloodbath is pretty much eternally going to be a destination band, and probably wouldn't do this fest.

I think you're going to be safe.

I knew that, but them come over eventually would be awesome.

bt11763
10-27-2010, 10:01 PM

rjturtle9
10-28-2010, 12:24 AM
January 2012. We're all going. No excuses. Start saving now, losers.

I'm too down :rocker:

Derelict
11-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Voivod added. 35/40 confirmed.

kommie
11-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Someone I know says that Motorhead are supposed to be on it, heard thorough a journalist or something. Guy works/owns his own store kinda like Hot Topic but it doesn't suck ass.

AnglOvDeth
11-19-2010, 01:20 PM
A member of Nile told me just 2 days ago that Motorhead was on it too... but they're booked at the House of Blues Anaheim on January 25. :confused:

Derelict
11-19-2010, 02:02 PM
We're docking in Mexico on 1/26 - technically, they could hope on board then

bt11763
11-19-2010, 10:24 PM
We're docking in Mexico on 1/26 - technically, they could hope on board then

yeah actually when i read into it they mentioned some bands coming on and off and some staying the whole time

Div
11-22-2010, 09:25 PM
inb4 blind guardian

i fucking called this shit

RAZOR
11-22-2010, 09:43 PM
I really hope this becomes a yearly thing.

AnglOvDeth
11-23-2010, 01:08 AM
i fucking called this shit

Can you please fucking call Immortal and Opeth? Thanks. :D

Div
11-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Can you please fucking call Immortal and Opeth? Thanks. :D

in b4 fivefingerdeathpunch :tongue:

Derelict
11-23-2010, 09:05 AM
in b4 fivefingerdeathpunch :tongue:

Like that could ruin this cruise

ravenheart
11-23-2010, 09:07 AM
I really hope this becomes a yearly thing.

They are definitely doing it in 2012. I asked them.

Everyone who gives a shit on this board is required to attend.

Everyone.

RAZOR
11-23-2010, 09:39 AM

Everyone.

:party: :party:

Time to start saving up!

idrinkwine732
11-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Everyone.

MDF 2011
70000 Tons of Metal 2012

Doable.

Fires Of Sedition
11-23-2010, 10:37 AM

Everyone.

I be dere, no doubt.

Derelict
11-23-2010, 11:03 AM

Everyone.

Followers

Div
11-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Like that could ruin this cruise

In b4 brokencyde

Derelict
11-23-2010, 01:48 PM
In b4 brokencyde

I think brokencyde is spanish for "beer/piss break"

Derelict
12-03-2010, 05:56 AM
From the facebook page:

Five prominent heroes of the Northern metal-scene have joined forces to pay endless tribute to the dignified Swedish cult-combo Bathory. As All-Star Sensation TWILIGHT OF THE GODS, Alan Nemtheanga (Primordial), Nick Barker (ex-Dimmu Borgir, ex-Cradle Of Filth), Blasphemer (ex-Mayhem), Frode Glesnes (Einherjer) and Patrik Lindgren (Thyrfing) will open the history-books to honor the legacy of master Quorthon!

DethMaiden
12-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Definitely not as cool as Cover Band Watain.

ravenheart
12-03-2010, 06:01 AM
From what I've heard Twilight of The Gods were very popular on their European dates.