PDA

View Full Version : Between the Buried and Me -- Atlanta, GA -- January 9th, 2010

larvtard
01-09-2010, 10:41 PM

idrinkwine732
01-09-2010, 11:28 PM
I hate seeing other teenagers at metal shows because they don't really have any sense of etiquette. Like they won't pick you up if you fall down. I was actually on the floor on my belly for a whole minute with people standing nearly on top of me but nobody helped me up, and when I finally got myself up people were staring at me... :confused:

--

In conclusion, it was an alright concert.

I think you're generalizing a bit, but I know what you mean. I'm still young, but I've been to shows where so many people my age are fucking retarded. I've been at shows where people fall over and people just sit there. It is relieving a bit to me though for you to say it was alright, because I can't make my show, and I've been super bummed out about it.

mankvill
01-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Between the Buried and Me.

everything sounded the fucking same.

whatthefuckamireading.jpg

MunicipalWasted
01-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I'm 17. The guys that usually pick you up in the pit are the real metalheads, correct? There really aren't many teenagers who are real metalheads, they mostly just listen to deathcore and metalcore. (I know I'm generalizing on that, too)

But yeah, I don't think the show was everything everybody made it out to be. You shouldn't fret over missing it.

I'm here to tell you you're wrong ;)

bt11763
01-10-2010, 10:07 AM
whatthefuckamireading.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:

InFlames
01-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Let me correct the setlist order anyway.
They did Alaska after Ants in Atlanta.

mastodon421
01-10-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm also 17 but i am very polite and respectful at shows. If kids i pick them up If I bump into someone by accident I apologize It's just the right thing to do. I surprisngly haven't too many bad incidents in pits or at shows people here in MA are mostly pretty cool.

Chyck
01-10-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm also 17 but i am very polite and respectful at shows. If kids i pick them up If I bump into someone by accident I apologize It's just the right thing to do. I surprisngly haven't too many bad incidents in pits or at shows people here in MA are mostly pretty cool.

Ditto on what I've seen in both MA and CT. Wonderfully nasty pits - generally decent people. Of course, if you head West to a certain other nearby venue you run into the "crowd bashers," who, as far as I can tell are also teens.

Meddlesome whippersnappers have no respect for their elders!

GameFreac
01-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Great show.

I agree the crowd was a little crazy but it was my 3rd time seeing them so I knew what to expect. I got punched in the face and almost fell multiple times but it wasn't that bad.

Of course, I missed Cynic because I had to work till 9 and got there right when they ended their set. Lame.

But BTBAM was worth it. Of course the new stuff sounded great and More of Myself to Kill was 10x better live, much like Shevanel Cut a Flip is on Colors Live. The production just kills the s/t for me so it was cool to hear that. Swim to the Moon was just epic and the highlight, followed by White Walls, so the combination of 2 long epic songs as the closers was great.

I got the Great Misdirect and a Cynic shirt. I just hope Cynic comes back soon so I can finally see them.

Travis The Dragon
01-10-2010, 06:50 PM
There really aren't many teenagers who are real metalheads, they mostly just listen to deathcore and metalcore. (I know I'm generalizing on that, too)

Interestingly enough, there was a poll done on Iron Maiden's forum asking how old fans were and the highest percentage was 13-17.

Natrlhi
01-11-2010, 07:53 AM
It isn't about your age, the length of your hair, personal hygiene habits (or lack thereof), or the number of black T-shirts in your closet or CD's in your collection.

It's all about your attitude, and your love for the music.

...and when I say attitude, that doesn't necessarily mean disrespect for others, violence (although for the right kind of pits, the bigger, the better ;)), vulgar language or any other ugly, unkind or even sociopathic behavior. It doesn't mean acting like nobody else in the world matters except you. It doesn't mean trying to hurt people in pits, either with your words or with your bodies.

I am 38 years old, and my haircut is your basic "bald fade" (i.e., short on the top and almost down to the skin on the sides & back). I have zero piercings (although I used to have one that you couldn't see during normal daylight hours :D), no tattoos, and I wear cargo shorts, New Balance cross-training shoes (sometimes work boots, but not often), a metal T-shirt and maybe a bandanna on my head at shows. That's it. Most younger folks tend to look at me like I'm probably a "poser", but little do they know that it's my generation of metalheads who invented that word.

We walked around town with our ghettoblasters jamming Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Accept in the early days, and then later, Slayer, Metallica and Destruction. We went to shows featuring national acts at small venues for five bucks. We traded bootleg cassette tapes of our favorite bands, because there was no file sharing (or even an Internet to speak of). We moshed hard, and stage-dived often, but if someone hit the ground, he (or she) was pulled up by a half-dozen hands before he (or she) even knew what happened. Every time. People got hurt in pits occasionally, but it was almost always accidental. When it wasn't, the offending party was usually issued some swift pit-justice by the witnesses or kicked out of the show (sometimes both).

I've been at this lifestyle for a very long time, and I am and always will be metal to the core, but you would never know it by looking at me in my everyday environment, and you might even doubt it at first if you saw me at a show.

...but it's in my blood, and in my attitude. At the end of the day, that's the only place it really matters. :fist:

mankvill
01-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I am and always will be metal to the core

poor choice of words. :lol:

Natrlhi
01-11-2010, 01:34 PM
poor choice of words. :lol:

:confused: Meaning it reads as if I like only metalcore? Pssshhh. I think it's self-explanatory that this is not the case.

mankvill
01-11-2010, 01:42 PM
:confused: Meaning it reads as if I like only metalcore? Pssshhh. I think it's self-explanatory that this is not the case.

:D I know, hehe.

Maiden33
01-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Interestingly enough, there was a poll done on Iron Maiden's forum asking how old fans were and the highest percentage was 13-17.

Ah brings back memories of being on the IMBB years ago, when all of us that came here from there were all 13-17. :D

es156
01-11-2010, 05:27 PM

Maybe on the free forum, but I doubt that would be the case on the fan club forum.

Ah brings back memories of being on the IMBB years ago, when all of us that came here from there were all 13-17. :D

I wouldn't say that is entirely accurate. ;)

xStructualDefect
01-11-2010, 05:44 PM
haha I'm getting a lot of replies to my posts. Look, I was just generalizing about the 'teenagers only like metalcore/deathcore" comment. And as for the long hair, I don't think you have to long hair to be a real metalhead. I don't have long hair. I usually see a lot of long-haired guys at shows, though.

and I'm not trying to be a bitch about the pits or whatever. Violent pits are good. I'm just expressing my annoyance at most teenagers not picking others up.

I've got a quote for you from one of the kids at my school. He likes a couple metal bands, like Metallica, Mastodon, and Killswitch Engage. Anyways, today he was laughing at me for having fallen in the pit. Then when I told him people usually pick others up, he said:

"You're supposed to beat the crap out of somebody and leave him lying there."

I don't think he's ever been to a show, though. :D

agreed most teens in the pits are assholes. i always fuck with those kids in the pit if i see them being dicks.

and also agreed you don't need long hair or even need to look metal to be a metalhead. i'm 18, i have spiked hair, i'm sorta muscular, likes wearing fresh clothes, somewhat dark skinned, and people have viewed me as a poser thinking i know nothing about metal just cuz of my appearance which is fucking stupid. just 'cause i don't look like the average caucasian skinny or very fat metalhead with long brown hair with a very old band tee constantly talking about metal bands doesn't mean i'm not a metalhead. i'm a metalhead at heart even though i don't dress like it much anymore. if i see someone someone fall down in a pit i'll immediately pick them up. and i'm never looking to start any shit, unless a kid gives me shit i'll definently give them shit back.

Chyck
01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Well I wear fucking tutus to shows and dance my way in with sparkles flying out of my ass. But that doesn't mean that I'm not metal.

Okay, that was stupid, but face it, there are a few metal "looks" that are going to classify you, and if you rebel against the stereotypes, you just might have to deal with the shit you get.

If you're not wearing a band or at least a black T-shirt (from the current show or not), then I'm going to assume that you're at your first show. If I come up to you and you don't know a damn thing about said T-shirt band's music, I am going to think you're a douchebag. To a lesser extent, if you have visible tattoos, I'm going to think you're more metal than I am (what I might think of your intelligence based on whatever said tat is is a different story). And, if you're either bald or have long hair, I'm also going to think that you're more metal than me.

That being said, I classify as few of the above, but I'm still more likely to think that the "Band shirted, tattooed, long-haired dude" is still more metal than the the opposite.

~waits to get killed by the masses~ :light:

xStructualDefect
01-11-2010, 06:51 PM
well i always wear band tees, but not old ones from a few yrs back, unless i'm at a show of course then it doesn't matter. i always know a lot about whatever band tee i'm wearing. i'll never buy a band tee if i'm not into them or only like a few songs. just saying i shouldn't have to dress metal to prove i'm metal. i really have a life outside metal. i'm 18, i party, go out a lot, etc. most of my friends i hang out don't even listen to metal. i wear band tees when i go out but only if it looks new still or at least somewhat new. if you're going to be actually going out (not talking about just hanging out with friends, i mean actually going out) in old faded band tees from years back, it looks kind of lame and even sometimes isolates yourself from meeting new people, unless they're also metalheads. i don't know where i'm going with this but i really don't think you need to prove you're metal by how you look. as long as you know you're a metalhead at heart, that's all really matters IMO.

TonyD
01-11-2010, 07:26 PM
I am the coolest

/thread

mankvill
01-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Well I wear fucking tutus to shows and dance my way in with sparkles flying out of my ass. But that doesn't mean that I'm not metal.

Okay, that was stupid, but face it, there are a few metal "looks" that are going to classify you, and if you rebel against the stereotypes, you just might have to deal with the shit you get.

If you're not wearing a band or at least a black T-shirt (from the current show or not), then I'm going to assume that you're at your first show. If I come up to you and you don't know a damn thing about said T-shirt band's music, I am going to think you're a douchebag. To a lesser extent, if you have visible tattoos, I'm going to think you're more metal than I am (what I might think of your intelligence based on whatever said tat is is a different story). And, if you're either bald or have long hair, I'm also going to think that you're more metal than me.

That being said, I classify as few of the above, but I'm still more likely to think that the "Band shirted, tattooed, long-haired dude" is still more metal than the the opposite.

~waits to get killed by the masses~ :light:

I wear a suit and tie to metal shows!

Natrlhi
01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
No you don't, but sometimes Akercocke does.

b1indedbyfear
01-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I have short hair, visible tattoos, and wear band shirts on ordinary days and wear football or white shirts to shows. Wearing band shirts does not hinder meeting people unless you act like a creeper. 80% of my friends dont listen to metal, but at a party i have a shirt you cant read with gore and make friends just fine.

xStructualDefect
01-11-2010, 08:05 PM
that's true but most of the time if i see metalheads at a party they usually isolate themselves not talking to anyone besides themselves. but then again these are the skinny caucasian long brown haired metalheads i'm talking about.

waangkarkass
01-11-2010, 08:05 PM

Haha I totally went to Meshuggah and Cynic in a suit and a tie with a bunch of my friends and dubbed it Blacker than the Blackest tie. It was a super great idea on paper and seemed cool til I got in the pit a sweat my balls off, but whatever, it was totally the most metal moment of my life. Haha

b1indedbyfear
01-12-2010, 08:47 AM
that's true but most of the time if i see metalheads at a party they usually isolate themselves not talking to anyone besides themselves. but then again these are the skinny caucasian long brown haired metalheads i'm talking about.

Yea I know, thats why I said if they dont act like creeps. When I was in school most of the metalheads were dorky kids that didnt talk to anybody except each other so they didnt have many friends. They were pale and always wore black and just stared at everyone so they gave weird vibes. I wear band shirts and jeans and jordans on a typical day so it throws people for a loop.

Polock91
01-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Full Townsend Set:

Disruptr
Supercrush
Kingdom
Addicted
Truth
OM
By Your Command
Ziltoidia Attaxx

DethMaiden
01-13-2010, 03:29 PM
He should be doing something from Synchestra and Bend It Like Bender but I'm excited for the Ziltoid shit. :horns:

irontonyx2
01-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Does anyone have an idea on how much T-Shirts were BTBAM, Devin Townsend, and Cynic.

irontonyx2
01-17-2010, 03:18 PM
15 bucks each. At least for BTBAM's, I dunno if they were different for the other bands...? I assume they would be the same, though.

Ohhh thanks for the info dude

GameFreac
01-17-2010, 06:11 PM
If anyone wants to know, Scale the Summit has the coolest shirts ever...not a fan but damn those designs rule.

BTBAM cd's were $10, except the deluxe 5.1 surround sound edition of the Great Misdirect was $15. Cynic has no cd's.

the chewbacca defense
01-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Nice to see them finally playing Alaska. I also love that they always seem to change their setlist every tour. Also kinda surprised to see no Selkies.

TonyD
01-17-2010, 11:01 PM
If anyone wants to know, Scale the Summit has the coolest shirts ever...not a fan but damn those designs rule.

BTBAM cd's were $10, except the deluxe 5.1 surround sound edition of the Great Misdirect was $15. Cynic has no cd's.

http://store.prostheticrecords.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/f/i/file_4.jpghttp://store.prostheticrecords.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/f/i/file_2_43.jpg
I've scene cooler

GameFreac
01-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Those aren't that great. They had like 9 shirts on tour and I can't find em online.