PDA

View Full Version : Most anticipated movies of 2010?

Pages : [1] 2

powerslave_85
01-08-2010, 09:36 AM
What movies are you most looking forward to this year? Iron Man 2 should be really good, and I can't wait for Toy Story 3. Wolfman could be good, and I'll probably end up seeing Alice In Wonderland despite myself. I just saw the red band trailer for Kick-Ass last night, and it looks like it's going to live up to its name and then some.

DethMaiden
01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Iron Man 2 makes me nervous; Shutter Island could be good. I'm mostly excited about Jonah Hex at this point. Brolin + Malkovich + Megan Fox + a great DC comic that hasn't been beaten to death yet=should be great. Not sure what else, I usually don't know about stuff until a month or so before it comes out.

mankvill
01-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Megan Fox

are you saying she's a positive thing?

powerslave_85
01-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Aren't Mastodon doing the music for Jonah Hex?

makethemsuffer12
01-08-2010, 06:49 PM
So far only Daybreakers, Legion, and Iron Man 2 for me.

ChildrenofSodom
01-08-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm seeing Youth in Revolt tomorrow, which should break the monotony of my life.

mankvill
01-08-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm seeing Youth in Revolt tomorrow, which should break the monotony of my life.

Youth In Revolt starring Michael Cera as Michael Cera
Juno starring Michael Cera as Michael Cera
Superbad starring Michael Cera as Michael Cera

Only worthwhile thing he's ever done is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-fUlOLkbvQ)

ChildrenofSodom
01-08-2010, 08:30 PM

Only worthwhile thing he's ever done is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-fUlOLkbvQ)

Very true, and you're preaching to the choir with your Tim and Eric link. (you have no idea.) But I still find 'comedy movies' to be a worthwhile use of my worthless time.

powerslave_85
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Only worthwhile thing he's ever done is Arrested DevelopmentFixed.

mankvill
01-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Very true, and you're preaching to the choir with your Tim and Eric link. (you have no idea.) But I still find 'comedy movies' to be a worthwhile use of my worthless time.

Haha, I was just kidding with that. I lol'd harder at Superbad than anything else ever. And I love Tim and Eric. 2deep4ubro

ChildrenofSodom
01-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Tim and Eric is probably near the top of my list of favorite things (now or ever.)

mankvill
01-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Tim and Eric is probably near the top of my list of favorite things (now or ever.)

forsrs? :lovedup:

powerslave_85
01-08-2010, 08:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjO7kBqTFqo

Div
01-08-2010, 09:21 PM

o i c what you did there. youre implying that he hasnt done ANYTHING worthwhile.

powerslave_85
01-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Know what would be really awesome? If Tim and Eric jumped off a fucking bridge.

mankvill
01-08-2010, 09:45 PM
hey i can't help it if you guys can't appreciate REAL art

ChildrenofSodom
01-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Tim and Eric will jump off a bridge, right after Larry the Cable Guy, Carlos Mencia, Jeff Dunham, Dane Cook, Tucker Max, and every other dipshit, no-talent comedian/millionaire.

powerslave_85
01-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Fine by me, as long as it ends with them jumping off a bridge.

Div
01-08-2010, 10:53 PM
except tucker max is actually entertaining.

TonyD
01-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Know what would be really awesome? If Tim and Eric jumped off a fucking bridge.

This.
Dane Cook becomes not funny just because he is... Lamb of God.

ravenheart
01-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Now that I know Jackie Earle Haley will be playing Freddie in the Nightmare On Elm Street re-make, I'm quite excited about that.

Otherwise Daybreakers, Legion, Season of The Witch, and maybe Edge of Darkness, The Book of Eli, The Crazies remake and The Wolfman.

ravenheart
01-09-2010, 06:21 AM

I don't remember the last time I saw a comedy movie that was actually funny, rather than simply stupid...

ChildrenofSodom
01-09-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't remember the last time I saw a comedy movie that was actually funny, rather than simply stupid...

If something can make me laugh out loud a few times, or smile, or not bore me...I consider it worth my six dollars.

Div
01-09-2010, 01:27 PM
book of eli looks like fallout 3: the movie

DethMaiden
01-09-2010, 04:44 PM
are you saying she's a positive thing?

Well, it isn't Transformers, and she's gonna be there primarily to look good, so yes.

Aren't Mastodon doing the music for Jonah Hex?

Fuck yes. :rocker:

ChildrenofSodom
01-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Youth in Revolt was actually good. You should see it if you're bored one weekend.

ravenheart
01-10-2010, 05:44 AM
If something can make me laugh out loud a few times, or smile, or not bore me...I consider it worth my six dollars.

I wish cinema were that cheap here... :(

powerslave_85
01-12-2010, 12:37 PM
After seeing the trailer yesterday, the A-Team movie looks like it might actually be pretty awesome.

makethemsuffer12
01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
After seeing the trailer yesterday, the A-Team movie looks like it might actually be pretty awesome.

Lack of Mr. T = impossiblity of awesomeness

I would also like to point out that the "Karate Kid" remake looks like it's gonna be the worst piece of shit movie ever.

SomewhereInTime72
01-12-2010, 02:09 PM
I would also like to point out that the "Karate Kid" remake looks like it's gonna be the worst piece of shit movie ever.

I saw the trailer for that and I was very :confused:. Doesn't setting it in China essentially erase the entire point of that movie...? Not to mention that Karate is a Japanese martial art. :eyes:

ravenheart
01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
the A-Team movie looks like it might actually be pretty awesome.

Lol! Not fucking likely. As much as I really want Sharlto Copley to go on to make decent movies and not fall for the big pay cheque as soon as people know who he is, this is doomed to failure.

powerslave_85
01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
They shoot down a Predator drone while in a tank that's floating down on a parachute. Fuck the plot, I'll pay $10 to see THAT.

DethMaiden
01-12-2010, 04:49 PM
They shoot down a Predator drone while in a tank that's floating down on a parachute. Fuck the plot, I'll pay $10 to see THAT.

Yeah, and Wolverine jumped claws-first into a moving helicopter in Origins and I still wanted a refund. Just saying.

JRA
01-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Someone once told me Ice Cube should have been cast as Baracus. I agree.

ChildrenofSodom
01-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Kimbo Slice would fit the part. He already proved himself a grand actor in Merry Christmas, Drake and Josh.

DethMaiden
01-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Kimbo Slice would fit the part. He already proved himself a grand actor in Merry Christmas, Drake and Josh.

:lol: :lol: I hate that I understand this. Maybe he'll show up in an iCarly movie someday if we're lucky.

DethMaiden
03-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Saw Diary of a Wimpy Kid today. A cute take on the middle school family comedy. If I watch iCarly, Drake and Josh, and Ned's Declassified when they're on, you'd better believe I took my fifth grade brother to Diary of a Wimpy Kid. So thus far I've seen that and Shutter Island and both were pretty good while neither were fantastic.

Updated shit I wanna see list:
Iron Man 2 - Hope it's good, not entirely optimistic. First one rules, of course.
Toy Story 3 - I've been waiting since I wasn't too old for it for this one.
Jonah Hex - PLEASE BE THE BEST SUMMER COMIC BOOK MOVIE NOT CALLED THE DARK KNIGHT, PLEEEEEASE
The Last Airbender - Shyamalan has a chance to prove that he doesn't suck; the show was cool.
Inception - Christopher Nolan might be the best director of the moment so this has me pretty damn excited.

ravenheart
03-19-2010, 05:09 PM
All I care about that I've heard of so far:

Predators
Iron Man 2 (it had better be better than the first one!)
Season of The Witch
Priest
Resident Evil: Afterlife (purely because I'm such a fan of the games, the movie will suck. Again)

That is all.

Jonah Hex might have made the list for the year but for two things: a) projected release dates for several countries are available stretching into October 2010 and the UK isn't on the list so far, b) Megan Fox is the female lead and it is therefore guaranteed to be mass-market Hollywood shit.

DethMaiden
03-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Iron Man 2 (it had better be better than the first one!)

Alright, this demands an argument. Explain to me how Iron Man is not the best Marvel movie to date, go.

DethMaiden
03-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Jonah Hex might have made the list for the year but for two things: a) projected release dates for several countries are available stretching into October 2010 and the UK isn't on the list so far, b) Megan Fox is the female lead and it is therefore guaranteed to be mass-market Hollywood shit.

Damn, June in the States. And also, Megan Fox's screen time is apparently something like ten minutes, they're just putting her on the poster to put asses in seats. Josh Brolin, John Malkovich, Michael Fassbender, and Mastodon are enough to convince me it will be good.

ravenheart
03-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Damn, June in the States. And also, Megan Fox's screen time is apparently something like ten minutes, they're just putting her on the poster to put asses in seats. Josh Brolin, John Malkovich, Michael Fassbender, and Mastodon are enough to convince me it will be good.

I hope that's true. And Michael Fassbender is the only selling point for me. Bear in mind though that the Jonah Hex comic really isn't known here at all.

ravenheart
03-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Alright, this demands an argument. Explain to me how Iron Man is not the best Marvel movie to date, go.

I wouldn't have said an argument is necessary. A less than nothing storyline, needless, unrelated scenes included purely for showing-off effects, a reverse engineered script from the one-liners backwards, and the blatant setting up of a sequel from roughly half way through negating the point of really carrying any further with the movie make all the points needed ;)

And being the best Marvel movie to date is no accolade.

DethMaiden
03-19-2010, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't have said an argument is necessary. A less than nothing storyline, needless, unrelated scenes included purely for showing-off effects, a reverse engineered script from the one-liners backwards, and the blatant setting up of a sequel from roughly half way through negating the point of really carrying any further with the movie make all the points needed ;)

And being the best Marvel movie to date is no accolade.

:tongue: Well, fine then.

And sadly that last point is fairly true, but I think Iron Man and X2: X-Men United are both great flicks.

powerslave_85
03-19-2010, 06:05 PM
http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/shut_up_kick-ass_poster.jpg

I don't care about anything else until this comes out.

mankvill
03-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I can't stand any of the X-Men films, but Spider-Man 1 and 2 and dem waertchmaenz were awesome films too. Kick-Ass looks fun as hell.

ravenheart
03-19-2010, 06:18 PM
http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/shut_up_kick-ass_poster.jpg

I don't care about anything else until this comes out.

I saw the full trailer for this last week. Fuck me it looks awful. Seriously, it's cheap Superbad-laughs in spandex. They even have Christopher Mintz-Plasse playing the EXACT same character. What the fuck?

What with this and his completely pointless character in Sherlock Holmes Mark Strong should be ashamed of himself.

powerslave_85
03-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Have you seen the red-band trailer(s)? If you're going by the sanitized ones, it looks like crap, but it's going to be ultra-violent and profane. If you don't want to see a movie where an 11 year-old girl calls a room full of bad guys "cunts" before hacking them to pieces, I feel sorry for you. You're probably not much fun at parties.

ravenheart
03-19-2010, 06:23 PM
:tongue: Well, fine then.

And sadly that last point is fairly true, but I think Iron Man and X2: X-Men United are both great flicks.

I enjoyed the second X-Men too. The third was dreadful, and the first was pointless because it was so blatantly written as the first episode in a series, but the second was solid. I haven't seen Wolverine yet.

Hated all of the Spider-Man films, Daredevil, Punisher: Warzone and pretty much both Hulk movies. The first Punisher (the Thomas Jane one) was alright. At least it was suitably dark.

ravenheart
03-19-2010, 06:28 PM
it's going to be ultra-violent and profane

This doesn't make a film good. Does it even have any other selling-points?

a movie where an 11 year-old girl calls a room full of bad guys "cunts" before hacking them to pieces

That is precisely the cheap, blatant, tabloid-level stuff I'm talking about. Mindless stupidity playing on the "shock" value of the girl's age.

And that seems to be, from both what I've read and what I've seen, all this movie has going for it.

DethMaiden
03-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Kick-Ass doesn't look nearly as good to me as it does to everyone else in comics. I might end up seeing it on a whim out of curiosity but my expectations will remain low.

mankvill
03-19-2010, 07:26 PM
First Punisher movie was tits, never understood why it got hated on so much.

mastodon421
03-20-2010, 05:01 AM
I am really looking forward to Hot Tub Time Machine,Clash Of The Titans and Kick-Ass untill the summer comes but I will proably end up seeing more than this. I love having one of my best friends work at the local movie theater because I get to see pretty much everything for free.

TonyD
03-20-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm looking forward to Iron Man 2, Clash of the Titans, and Jonah Hex just for the Mastodon factor, but from what I hear it should be great.

PS: If you didn't like Spider-Man 3, you don't have a soul.

DethMaiden
03-20-2010, 12:01 PM

Better no soul than no taste. ;)

mankvill
03-20-2010, 12:11 PM

Man, I wanted to like Spider-Man 3 a whole lot. I get what Sam was trying to do with the slapstick bits because that's kinda what he's known for, but I don't want that in Spider-Man movies. And, for me, there were just too many villains and it lacked a central focus.

Is it about Peter and Mary Jane? Peter and that blonde girl? Sandman? Venom? Green Goblin? Is he an enemy or a friend? etc.

TonyD
03-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Better no soul than no taste. ;)

No thanks :cool:
If you have to, rent it again and approach it as you would with Evil Dead II/AoD

powerslave_85
03-20-2010, 10:00 PM
I saw Green Zone today. It was a preposterous, heavy-handed piece of crap. The dialogue was almost universally terrible, and Matt Damon just looked bored most of the time.

mankvill
03-20-2010, 10:44 PM
No thanks :cool:
If you have to, rent it again and approach it as you would with Evil Dead II/AoD

:party::party::party::party:

Indestructible
03-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Clash of the Titans

mastodon421
04-03-2010, 05:01 AM
Saw Clash Of The Titans last night. It was pretty good. The effects were amazing.

makethemsuffer12
04-03-2010, 05:08 AM
^I definately want to check that out. I also saw Hot Tub Time Machine last friday. I would recommend for sure.

powerslave_85
04-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Date Night was suprisingly good. Still just killing time until Kick-Ass next week, though.

DethMaiden
04-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Date Night was suprisingly good. Still just killing time until Kick-Ass next week, though.

That's the second movie of the year I give a shit about, the first having been Shutter Island. Hopefully it kicks...ass. :eyes:

evildeadjedi
04-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Hot Tub time Machine was hilarious especially if you have seen any of Cusacks 80's comedies since there references to them.

SomewhereInTime72
04-11-2010, 01:20 PM

I want to see Date Night. I saw the trailer, and I thought "Oh god, it's my Thursdays from 9-10: the movie!"

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 03:39 PM
I saw Clash of the Titans this past Friday. I enjoyed it very much and would definately recommend it for some fun action and monsters.

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Dude. No. Clash of the Titans was easily, EASILY the worst movie I have seen in over a year. I hated it. Normally, I don't go to see movies and end up hating them, because I do my homework and only see the stuff I know I'm probably going to like. However, on this occasion, I had a hall pass on a Friday night, and some of my friends wanted to go see it, and I went just out of curiosity to see Cinemark's new XD Extreme Digital 3D technology (which was pretty cool, btw).

What a horrid piece of crap. I've always wanted to see an awesome version of that story, and so far, there hasn't been one made. I've come to the conclusion that the story is just not going to be successful on the big screen, for whatever reason. They gave it a hell of a try here, and the eye candy stuff was all well and good, but dude - the story-telling was just god awful. I had absolutely no interest in what happened to the characters whatsoever. It just seemed like a bunch of running around saying stupid shit just to get to the next special effects sequence.

Terrible.

(...and btw, I'm not the guy who runs around saying movies are bad just to look cool. I like more movies than I probably should - so I'm not that stuck up, I don't think. This movie just sucked big hairy donkey balls - and got the big hairy donkey ball hair stuck in its teeth - there's just no other way to put it.)

:barf:

DethMaiden
04-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Dude. No. Clash of the Titans was easily, EASILY the worst movie I have seen in over a year. I hated it. Normally, I don't go to see movies and end up hating them, because I do my homework and only see the stuff I know I'm probably going to like. However, on this occasion, I had a hall pass on a Friday night, and some of my friends wanted to go see it, and I went just out of curiosity to see Cinemark's new XD Extreme Digital 3D technology (which was pretty cool, btw).

What a horrid piece of crap. I've always wanted to see an awesome version of that story, and so far, there hasn't been one made. I've come to the conclusion that the story is just not going to be successful on the big screen, for whatever reason. They gave it a hell of a try here, and the eye candy stuff was all well and good, but dude - the story-telling was just god awful. I had absolutely no interest in what happened to the characters whatsoever. It just seemed like a bunch of running around saying stupid shit just to get to the next special effects sequence.

Terrible.

(...and btw, I'm not the guy who runs around saying movies are bad just to look cool. I like more movies than I probably should - so I'm not that stuck up, I don't think. This movie just sucked big hairy donkey balls - and got the big hairy donkey ball hair stuck in its teeth - there's just no other way to put it.)

:barf:

Sometimes that stuff can be fun. Hell, even 300 was fun once, but I'd never see it again. If it's as bad as you say...holy shit, it must be really fucking bad. :lol:

KICK-ASS OUT FRIDAY THOUGH :drool:

powerslave_85
04-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Nat isn't the first person I've heard say it was terrible. Plus, I heard the 3D was shitty because they just tacked it on after the fact instead of shooting it that way.

KICK-ASS OUT FRIDAY THOUGH :drool:I'm literally driving straight to the theater after work that day. I haven't been this excited for a movie since The Dark Knight.

DethMaiden
04-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm literally driving straight to the theater after work that day.

"With no power comes no responsibility." :fist: I really, really want it to be good. It's about time there was a comic book movie that a) doesn't take itself too seriously and b) actually looks good.

powerslave_85
04-13-2010, 10:10 AM
I've heard a lot of people on various forums who've been to advance screenings say that it absolutely lives up to the hype, and then some.

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Sometimes that stuff can be fun. Hell, even 300 was fun once, but I'd never see it again. If it's as bad as you say...holy shit, it must be really fucking bad. :lol:

KICK-ASS OUT FRIDAY THOUGH :drool:

It was, dude. I want my 106 minutes back. "300" was actually kinda awesome, though (at least I thought so). "Kick-Ass" does look good. It reminds me of what "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" was trying to do, only it looks like it doesn't suck. ;)

SomewhereInTime72
04-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Hell, even 300 was fun once, but I'd never see it again.

You shut your mouth, 300 is fun every time.

makethemsuffer12
04-13-2010, 02:43 PM
The 3D for Clash was not that great, but I think it's not anywhere near as bad as Nat said it was.

And yes, I want to see Kick Ass very badly.

powerslave_85
04-15-2010, 09:35 AM
There's a 10:00 showing of Kick-Ass tonight for some reason. I don't care if I'll be dog-shit tired at work tomorrow. IT WILL BE WORTH IT.

Maiden33
04-15-2010, 09:46 AM
I guess I'm the only person who thinks Kick-Ass looks stupid and has absolutely no interest in seeing it.

powerslave_85
04-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Yep.

The Green and Black
04-15-2010, 10:38 AM
I guess I'm the only person who thinks Kick-Ass looks stupid and has absolutely no interest in seeing it.

I don't even know what Kick-Ass is, so I have no interest in seeing it either. :lol: I am picky with my movies. I am sure there is some sort of pattern for movies I like and dislike, but no one has been able to figure me out.

SomewhereInTime72
04-15-2010, 01:58 PM

I don't think it looks particularly stupid... but I also have no interest in seeing it.

powerslave_85
04-16-2010, 07:45 AM
This might challenge Iron Man as my second favorite comic book movie ever. It was everything I hoped for and then some. It would have been better if it had been just two hours of Hit Girl slaughtering everyone, though.

I plan on seeing this at least two more times.

DethMaiden
04-16-2010, 08:48 AM
This might challenge Iron Man as my second favorite comic book movie ever. It was everything I hoped for and then some. It would have been better if it had been just two hours of Hit Girl slaughtering everyone, though.

I plan on seeing this at least two more times.

You liked Iron Man better than the Dark Knight? :eyes:

EDIT: Read that wrong, never mind. I take it Dark Knight is #1, where it belongs. :D

powerslave_85
04-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Actually, it's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

DethMaiden
04-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Actually, it's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

One of Brian Posehn's finest film roles. :horns: :eyes:

DethMaiden
04-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Yeah, Kick-Ass fucking ruled. The bar has been set impossibly high for Iron Man 2 and Jonah Hex.

powerslave_85
04-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I have no idea what Jonah Hex is about, but I hate it out of principle because Megan Fox is in it.

DethMaiden
04-16-2010, 05:29 PM
I have no idea what Jonah Hex is about, but I hate it out of principle because Megan Fox is in it.

Reasons to like it:
-One of the best comics series right now
-Takes place in the Old West, and the Old West rules
-Plot is sort of about killing Confederates
-Josh Brolin plays Jonah Hex
-John Malkovich plays the villain
-Michael Fassbender plays somebody
-Mastodon wrote the score
-Brent Hinds makes a cameo as the first of 143 onscreen deaths

Reasons to dislike it:
-Megan Fox has something like fifteen minutes of screen time

Cry more. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Kick-ass was just that. I never read the comics, but heard they were bad. Loved the movie.

Also, I'm going to fab to Lydsy Fonseca's hand bra.

powerslave_85
04-16-2010, 08:22 PM
I plan on reading the comic if I can find it ("ships in 2-4 weeks?" Fuck you, Amazon). I heard it's way more fucked up than the movie. Apparently no major studio would touch it with a ten-foot pole in the beginning, so they probably made it a little more "Hollywood" in order to sell it.

DethMaiden
04-16-2010, 08:26 PM
I didn't used to like the comic but I've reconsidered it in a more favorable light recently. It's more over-the-top than the movie, and I think that's why I didn't initially like it, it seemed almost like a parody. And to some degree it is, but it's actually pretty fantastic. Millar isn't as great with the creator-owned stuff (contrary to the fact that he is God when it comes to publisher-owned stuff, Ultimates or Red Son, anyone?), but Kick-Ass is pretty good.

And the movie makes me want to love it even more. :D

powerslave_85
04-16-2010, 08:36 PM
I read an article that said Millar originally intended for Hit Girl and Big Daddy to be the main characters, but he scrapped it because he didn't think anyone would be able to relate to Hit Girl. I think that was a big mistake. There aren't many female comic characters that aren't sexualized vixens crammed into vinyl costumes. He may end up eating his words, because every one I've talked to and every review I've read agrees that she steals the movie.

DethMaiden
04-16-2010, 08:38 PM
I read an article that said Millar originally intended for Hit Girl and Big Daddy to be the main characters, but he scrapped it because he didn't think anyone would be able to relate to Hit Girl. I think that was a big mistake. There aren't many female comic characters that aren't sexualized vixens crammed into vinyl costumes. He may end up eating his words, because every one I've talked to and every review I've read agrees that she steals the movie.

Hey, that's what my review for the college paper says. :eyes:

Side note: I don't know why I don't review movies every goddamn week, we get in for free, and saving that $9.75 makes any movie that much more enjoyable.

powerslave_85
04-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Has it been posted yet? If not, hit us up with a link when it is.

DethMaiden
04-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Has it been posted yet? If not, hit us up with a link when it is.

Will do, Wednesday night.

ADD
04-16-2010, 08:49 PM
None

ChildrenofSodom
04-16-2010, 09:06 PM
No one please over analyze this movie. Or if you do, post a big size 7 spoiler alert because every time we all see a movie you douchebags fuck it up for me. Its a goddamn movie...lets leave it at that. :bouville::eyes::tp:

powerslave_85
04-16-2010, 09:09 PM
I got a rather big spoiler before I saw it...from fucking Roger Ebert, of all people. I usually like his reviews a lot, but he blatantly and for no reason gave away the fucking ending.

ChildrenofSodom
04-16-2010, 09:09 PM
I got a rather big spoiler before I saw it...from fucking Roger Ebert, of all people. I usually like his reviews a lot, but he blatantly and for no reason gave away the fucking ending.

I heard he said it was 'morally reprehensible.' Didn't read the review though.

powerslave_85
04-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah, he gave it one star.

DethMaiden
04-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah, he gave it one star.

So THAT'S why my movie snob friends weren't interested in seeing it. Whatever, sometimes critics are wrong.

powerslave_85
04-16-2010, 09:17 PM
Ebert is almost always spot on. But when he's wrong, he's dead-fucking-wrong.

Maiden33
04-16-2010, 09:24 PM
So THAT'S why my movie snob friends weren't interested in seeing it. Whatever, sometimes critics are wrong.

To be fair, you can't really say anyone is ever wrong when it comes to criticism of movies, as with music. They can, however, be dumb. :D

mankvill
04-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Is it just me, or does Iron Man 2 look...not good?

I dunno if it's because I never was big into comics or that the only one I've really read all the way through is Watchmen, but I prefer the Spider-Man approach (1 and 2) to Superhero films.

ChildrenofSodom
04-16-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm fucking excited for Iron Man 2, and the upcoming Thor, Captain America, Green Lantern, new Spider-man, and new Batman flicks. I think I read that Superman is in for another movie.

And Babies. :eyes:

mastodon421
04-17-2010, 07:46 AM
I am also eagerly awaiting Iron Man 2. I think it looks fantastic and the additions of Mickey Rourke,Sam Rockwell,Don Cheadle and the absurdly attractive Scarlett Johannson will just make the film that much better.

DethMaiden
04-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Is it just me, or does Iron Man 2 look...not good?

I dunno if it's because I never was big into comics or that the only one I've really read all the way through is Watchmen, but I prefer the Spider-Man approach (1 and 2) to Superhero films.

It looks less good than the first one because it looks like it's going to suffer from the Spider-Man 3 "let's introduce as many characters as we can!" syndrome, but I'm still excited for it. I mean, comic book movies are 90% of the movies I get excited for in theaters anyway though. :D

mankvill
04-17-2010, 08:53 AM
It looks less good than the first one because it looks like it's going to suffer from the Spider-Man 3 "let's introduce as many characters as we can!" syndrome, but I'm still excited for it. I mean, comic book movies are 90% of the movies I get excited for in theaters anyway though. :D

yeah. I think the main reason I didn't like Spider-Man 3, apart from it not being focused at all, was that I thought the characters didn't seem "real".

If that makes sense.

evildeadjedi
04-17-2010, 10:57 AM
My problem with Spiderman 3 is because Rami ruined Venom :mad:. It's hard for me to say that since I love most of Rami's work.

b_halperin
04-17-2010, 11:20 AM
looking forward to nightmare on elm street remake, probably won't live up to the original though.

also seeing kickass tomorrow, should be ffun

mankvill
04-17-2010, 11:41 AM
My problem with Spiderman 3 is because Rami ruined Venom :mad:. It's hard for me to say that since I love most of Rami's work.

Totally not his fault.

ChildrenofSodom
04-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Who, Rami Manual?

powerslave_85
04-20-2010, 10:42 AM
What I'll most likely be seeing in theaters this summer:
Iron Man 2
The A-Team
Dinner For Schmucks (Paul Rudd, Steve Carrell, and Zach Galifinakis in the same movie? YES PLZ)
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Toy Story 3

If I get bored enough, I might go see The Other Guys as well.

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 12:09 PM
What I'll most likely be seeing in theaters this summer:
Iron Man 2
Dinner For Schmucks (Paul Rudd, Steve Carrell, and Zach Galifinakis in the same movie? YES PLZ)
Toy Story 3

I'll see these, plus Jonah Hex and Inception.

EDIT: Oh, and I might be seeing Oceans this weekend, and next Tuesday I'm interviewing Will Forte and Co. because they're giving an advance screening of MacGruber, which looks like it could be hilarious.

Div
04-20-2010, 03:53 PM
not sure who the villians are this time, but it looks too similar to the first one. guy steals iron man suit tech, goes on evil rampage, blah blah.

Cynicist
04-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Tron: Legacy!

mastodon421
04-21-2010, 04:05 AM
Saw Kick-Ass last night. Best movie of the year so far fucking amazing.

Here are my films I plan to see in theaters this summer:
Iron Man 2
MacGruber
Get Him To The Greek
Toy Story 3
Inception
Dinner For Schmucks
The Other Guys
The Expendables

I will proably end up seeing Grown Ups,The A-Team and Jonah Hex as well.

evildeadjedi
04-21-2010, 07:56 AM
not sure who the villians are this time, but it looks too similar to the first one. guy steals iron man suit tech, goes on evil rampage, blah blah.

Want to know who Mickey Rourke is?

powerslave_85
04-21-2010, 08:24 AM
People are really that interested in MacGruber? Ugh.

DethMaiden
04-21-2010, 08:25 AM
People are really that interested in MacGruber? Ugh.

Well, I'm going to the screening Tuesday, and I'm interviewing Forte Wednesday, so if it totally sucks, I'll be sure to tell him. ;)

powerslave_85
04-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Unless Kristen Wiig gets naked in it, I have zero interest.

DethMaiden
04-21-2010, 08:29 AM

Pervert, she's 36. ;)

Natrlhi
04-21-2010, 08:47 AM

Naked, or funny. Or both, but preferably not at the same time.

powerslave_85
04-21-2010, 08:54 AM
I think naked is much more likely than funny.

DethMaiden
04-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Here's my Kick-Ass review for those who were interested:

http://www.idsnews.com/news/weekend/story.aspx?id=75397

powerslave_85
04-21-2010, 04:24 PM
My only criticism: Probably should have stuck a brief plot synopsis in there somewhere. Or, you know, mentioned the title character :lol: Other than that, nice work :horns:

After reading the comic, I almost wish they'd included more of Hit-Girl's salty language, but I guess getting her parents to let her say "cunt" was probably already pushing it :lol: One of my favorite quotes from the book:
"I killed you, you little bitch! I saw you take a hundred bullets!"
"I've got Kevlar down to my underoos, dickhead!"

DethMaiden
04-21-2010, 05:06 PM
My only criticism: Probably should have stuck a brief plot synopsis in there somewhere. Or, you know, mentioned the title character :lol: Other than that, nice work :horns:

Yeah, it should have been the lead review which would have been 500-600 words but it got reduced to co-lead which is 300, so you're not wrong, but I kinda thought the stuff that stayed was most important. Thanks though. :D

bobisdead911
04-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Resident Evil 4 and Jonah Hex

TonyD
04-27-2010, 09:17 AM
So The Other Guys might actually convince me to start calling Mark E Mark by his preffered name again, Will Ferrel and Samuel-mothafuckin-Jackson shouldn't disappoint. MacGrubor has gotten 6/6 good reviews :eyes:
Other than that, I think we're running out of movies to make. Marmaduke. That will be all.

powerslave_85
04-27-2010, 09:53 AM
So The Other Guys might actually convince me to start calling Mark E Mark by his preffered name again, Will Ferrel and Samuel-mothafuckin-Jackson shouldn't disappoint. MacGrubor has gotten 6/6 good reviews :eyes:
Other than that, I think we're running out of movies to make. Marmaduke. That will be all.Hollywood has been out of ideas for quite a while. Pixar are the only ones consistently putting out interesting, original stories any more.

DethMaiden
04-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Hollywood has been out of ideas for quite a while. Pixar are the only ones consistently putting out interesting, original stories any more.

I dunno about all that. "Hollywood" as an abstract idea might be clutching at straws, but the very good directors (who are usually their own screenwriters, incidentally) are as good as they've ever been.

Natrlhi
04-27-2010, 11:03 AM
I dunno about all that. "Hollywood" as an abstract idea might be clutching at straws, but the very good directors (who are usually their own screenwriters, incidentally) are as good as they've ever been.:agree: The Big Hollywood Machine is somewhat broken (partially because it's audience-driven, and people as a whole are stupid), but excellent films are still being made by people who have excellent ideas. You just have to use your brain and know where to look.

EDIT: That doesn't mean that only "smart" movies can be good movies - it just means that you have to use your brain to find the good ones. Capiche?

DethMaiden
04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
:agree: The Big Hollywood Machine is somewhat broken (partially because it's audience-driven, and people as a whole are stupid), but excellent films are still being made by people who have excellent ideas. You just have to use your brain and know where to look.

EDIT: That doesn't mean that only "smart" movies can be good movies - it just means that you have to use your brain to find the good ones. Capiche?

Precisely. I'm as happy with the last decade of movies as I am with any decade, honestly. Hell, my all-time top 10 has four movies from the 2000s.

powerslave_85
04-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Reasons to like it:
-One of the best comics series right now
-Takes place in the Old West, and the Old West rules
-Plot is sort of about killing Confederates
-Josh Brolin plays Jonah Hex
-John Malkovich plays the villain
-Michael Fassbender plays somebody
-Mastodon wrote the score
-Brent Hinds makes a cameo as the first of 143 onscreen deaths

Reasons to dislike it:

Cry more. ;)
I just watched the first trailer. It looks like a pile of shit.

DethMaiden
04-29-2010, 05:25 PM
I just watched the first trailer. It looks like a pile of shit.

That's what the Internet is saying. I just watched it and I'll admit that his scar looks pretty terrible, and as a result, Brolin sounds pretty dumb, but I'll be seeing this opening night regardless. Maybe it won't be very good, but I can probably chalk that up to the fact that not all comics should be made into movies. It sure made Watchmen's shittiness sting less. ;)

Indestructible
04-29-2010, 05:28 PM

How is 15 minutes of Megan Fox bad?

DethMaiden
04-29-2010, 05:37 PM

There's actually some women in Hollywood who are sexy AND good at acting. She falls strictly in the left circle of that Venn diagram.

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 05:38 PM

It's 15 minutes too many.

Indestructible
04-29-2010, 05:43 PM
It's 15 minutes too many.

But she is one of the hottest women ever.

makethemsuffer12
04-29-2010, 05:46 PM

Hot =/= talented actress

Though a few minutes of eye candy never hurts :D

powerslave_85
04-29-2010, 06:08 PM
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53838/1079141-lex_luthor_wrong1_super.jpg

DethMaiden
05-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Alright, Iron Man 2 was good. That's it for May that I care about.

Just Toy Story 3, Jonah Hex, The Last Airbender, and Inception to see the rest of the summer.

powerslave_85
06-01-2010, 12:00 PM
So excited for Toy Story 3.

TonyD
06-01-2010, 12:12 PM
So excited for Toy Story 3.

This. I'll wait to hear how much of Mastodon's music ends up in Jonah Hex and decide to see it or not. Nothing else looks too exciting this summer.

JLRedWing13
06-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who believes Megan Fox is overrated.

I might go see Prince of Persia.

powerslave_85
06-02-2010, 12:31 PM
The new trailers for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World definitely have me on board. It looks really really fun.

Indestructible
06-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Iron man 2 is good. I tried seeing clash of the titans a month ago but for some reason the theater wasnt showing it that day.

powerslave_85
06-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Kick-Ass DVD has been announced for August 3rd. Just in time for my b-day! :party: Matt Vaughn said a while back that there was 20-odd minutes of deleted scenes and that the DVD would be an extended cut, but the press release I saw made no mention of that. Sounds like there will be some cool featurettes, though.

ChildrenofSodom
06-07-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm going to see Get Him to the Greek, Cyrus, Toy Story 3, Jonah Hex, and thats about it. Unless there are more to be announced for the holiday season.

mastodon421
06-08-2010, 05:11 AM
I saw Get Him To Greek on Friday. I loved it. Russell Brand might be a douchebag but he is funny.

DethMaiden
06-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Seriously guys....Inception. No one wants to see this?! Has Christopher Nolan ever made a movie that isn't totally amazing?!

mastodon421
06-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Seriously guys....Inception. No one wants to see this?! Has Christopher Nolan ever made a movie that isn't totally amazing?!

I am dying to see Inception It looks fantastic. On the 2nd question I have seen ever Nolan movie except for The Prestige and the only one I didn't love was Insomnia.

DethMaiden
06-08-2010, 08:10 AM
I am dying to see Inception It looks fantastic. On the 2nd question I have seen ever Nolan movie except for The Prestige and the only one I didn't love was Insomnia.

See The Prestige. It's fantastic.

Haven't seen Insomnia but it's in my Netflix queue.

mastodon421
06-08-2010, 08:12 AM
See The Prestige. It's fantastic.

Haven't seen Insomnia but it's in my Netflix queue.

I added The Prestige to my Netflix queue a couple days ago actually. Insomnia is still worth seeing but its really not anything special imo.

DethMaiden
06-08-2010, 08:14 AM
I added The Prestige to my Netflix queue a couple days ago actually. Insomnia is still worth seeing but its really not anything special imo.

Well, I'm sure Pacino and Williams have something to do with that. :lol:

powerslave_85
06-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Oh, I'm definitely going to see it. Joseph Gordon Levitt is turning into one of my favorite actors, and the rest of the cast looks awesome as well.

Insomnia: is that the one where they're in Alaska? I vaguely remember seeing that. Don't remember anything about it, though.

mastodon421
06-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes Insomonia does take place in Alaska.

Natrlhi
06-09-2010, 09:31 AM
I liked Insomnia quite a bit, actuallly. Great storytelling, and the acting was pretty decent, too. Williams was as good as I've ever seen him, I think.

SomewhereInTime72
06-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I remember thinking Insomnia was really good. Haven't seen it in about 5 years though, probably. :eyes:

powerslave_85
06-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Saw The A-Team. It was fun, brainless action movie. I really liked the cast, even Bradley Cooper, who I usually think is a douchebag. Sharlto Copley was the highlight; totally hilarious.

TonyD
06-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Grown Ups looks like it will be good.

SomewhereInTime72
06-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Grown Ups looks like it will be good.

Really? Just based on the ads it seemed to me like "People who stopped being funny around 10 years ago: The Movie"

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Really? Just based on the ads it seemed to me like "People who stopped being funny around 10 years ago: The Movie"

I still have some faith in it, but I don't really know what Kevin James is doing there. The other 4 guys make sense being in a movie together to me, mostly because they pretty much have before, if not multiple times. Kevin James, to me, is a different brand of humor appealing to a different kind of people, and just seems like a desperate attempt to pull in a "funny fat guy" because Chris Farley is dead.

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 08:32 PM
I really liked the cast, even Bradley Cooper, who I usually think is a douchebag.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

powerslave_85
06-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Grown Ups looks like 2 hours of 8th grade toilet humor and people getting hit in the crotch. No thank you.

ChildrenofSodom
06-12-2010, 09:02 PM
I saw Get Him to Greek. Sucked big balls. Don't see it. I laughed maybe 10 times through the whole thing, mostly at Jonah Hill. Nothing Russell Brand said, or has ever said in his entire life, was funny. Waste of my money.

JLRedWing13
06-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I saw Get Him to Greek. Sucked big balls. Don't see it. I laughed maybe 10 times through the whole thing, mostly at Jonah Hill. Nothing Russell Brand said, or has ever said in his entire life, was funny. Waste of my money.

I did, however, laugh at this.

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Nothing Russell Brand said, or has ever said in his entire life, was funny.

I found his stand up special to be pretty hilarious.

I don't know when people are going to realize that humor isn't black and white - it's as much of a variety and opinion-related issue as music. There's different kinds of jokes that make different kinds of people laugh. Something can be completely unfunny to one person and hilarious to another - it doesn't mean someone's stupid for finding it funny - just difference of opinion.

I don't mean to come off like all the stupid "opinions r just opinionz" arguments going on here lately - but I've noticed a lot of people just seem ignorant of the fact that what they find funny is not funny to everyone, and that's not a weird thing.

ChildrenofSodom
06-12-2010, 09:51 PM
I found his stand up special to be pretty hilarious.

I don't know when people are going to realize that humor isn't black and white - it's as much of a variety and opinion-related issue as music. There's different kinds of jokes that make different kinds of people laugh. Something can be completely unfunny to one person and hilarious to another - it doesn't mean someone's stupid for finding it funny - just difference of opinion.

I don't mean to come off like all the stupid "opinions r just opinionz" arguments going on here lately - but I've noticed a lot of people just seem ignorant of the fact that what they find funny is not funny to everyone, and that's not a weird thing.

What are you talking about? I was just giving my opinion...I wasn't saying that anyone who thought it was funny was an ignoramus. I think we all know that opinions are opinions and no one is objectively right when it comes to tastes, especially comedy. I know that humor is not black and white. I never said it was.

And frankly, the bullshit preaching about that fact is annoying. Everyone knows that these things are subjective, we don't need to be told it every time someone says they like or don't like something.

In conclusion, Get Him to the Greek fucking sucked.

Maiden33
06-12-2010, 10:47 PM
What are you talking about? I was just giving my opinion...I wasn't saying that anyone who thought it was funny was an ignoramus. I think we all know that opinions are opinions and no one is objectively right when it comes to tastes, especially comedy. I know that humor is not black and white. I never said it was.

And frankly, the bullshit preaching about that fact is annoying. Everyone knows that these things are subjective, we don't need to be told it every time someone says they like or don't like something.

In conclusion, Get Him to the Greek fucking sucked.

I wasn't targeting simply you, or this board. I've just noticed, generally speaking, people tend to observe humor (both in the form of stand-up comedians and comedy shows, etc) in black and white - it IS or it ISN'T funny, period. Basically, the musical equivalent of saying: "This band sucks". Now clearly anyone has that right to say that, but whenever talking about music, people frown upon throwing around the term "they suck" just because you don't like what they do - I don't view comedy any differently. I don't want to make it specifically seem like I'm pick on you - just an observation I've made from people in general.

I'm sure it probably did suck, which is why I don't plan on seeing it, even though I actually like Russell Brand.

ChildrenofSodom
06-13-2010, 07:42 AM
I wasn't targeting simply you, or this board. I've just noticed, generally speaking, people tend to observe humor (both in the form of stand-up comedians and comedy shows, etc) in black and white - it IS or it ISN'T funny, period. Basically, the musical equivalent of saying: "This band sucks". Now clearly anyone has that right to say that, but whenever talking about music, people frown upon throwing around the term "they suck" just because you don't like what they do - I don't view comedy any differently. I don't want to make it specifically seem like I'm pick on you - just an observation I've made from people in general.

I'm sure it probably did suck, which is why I don't plan on seeing it, even though I actually like Russell Brand.

Yeah, I gotcha. Sorry for being snarky back to your initial comment. I understand what you're saying. I like all different kinds of comedians, and hate others. ;)

And Russell Brand alone didn't make the movie suck. They put a team of 4th graders in charge of the sex joke department, and it was just a bunch of oversexualized scenes that weren't funny or relevant to the plot.

Indestructible
06-20-2010, 04:03 PM
I just saw Jonah Hex. It was good but I thought it could of used alot more Megan Fox

JLRedWing13
06-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I just saw Jonah Hex. It was good but I thought it could of used alot more Megan Fox

That's when you know the movie sucks....

SomewhereInTime72
06-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Just saw Cyrus, which is getting a very limited release :bouville:. It was pretty damn hilarious.

powerslave_85
06-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Toy Story 3 was fucking awesome :party:

mastodon421
06-21-2010, 11:47 AM

Strongly disagree I laughed my ass off throughout Russell Brand is a douche but I find him to be pretty funny.

Saw The A-Team on Saturday I enjoyed it. Fun,brainless action and it was surprisingly really funny. Good, entertaining popcorn flick.

SomewhereInTime72
06-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Alright, so Grown Ups was actually surprisingly much funnier than I expected.

powerslave_85
06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm probably not going back to the theater until Inception. Damn I'm excited for that movie.

powerslave_85
06-30-2010, 04:04 PM
The Last Airbender got an F from The AV Club and half a star from Roger Ebert. DAY-UM :lol:

DethMaiden
06-30-2010, 04:06 PM
The Last Airbender got an F from The AV Club and half a star from Roger Ebert. DAY-UM :lol:

Yep. Second movie of the summer I used to be excited for but will no longer even be seeing. :(

powerslave_85
06-30-2010, 04:47 PM
I mean...shit. I think AV Club even gave Jonah Hex a D-, and Ebert HATED Kick-Ass and still gave it a whole star. That's some pretty epic fail.

evildeadjedi
06-30-2010, 04:53 PM
I mean...shit. I think AV Club even gave Jonah Hex a D-, and Ebert HATED Kick-Ass and still gave it a whole star. That's some pretty epic fail.

Ebert was so wrong on Kick-Ass, it was great! Based on your avatar and tagline I'm assuming you enjoyed it as well. :D

The Last Air Bender looks horrible so that's not surprising. I'm in agreement that the next most anticipated film is Inception.

powerslave_85
06-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Ebert was so wrong on Kick-Ass, it was great! Based on your avatar and tagline I'm assuming you enjoyed it as well. :D

The Last Air Bender looks horrible so that's not surprising. I'm in agreement that the next most anticipated film is Inception.
To give Ebert some credit (I have a lot of respect for him as a critic), he didn't hate the movie so much as he had a strong moral objection to the subject matter, which I can understand. Watching a little girl merrily shoot people in the face isn't everyone's cup of tea.

evildeadjedi
06-30-2010, 05:14 PM
To give Ebert some credit (I have a lot of respect for him as a critic), he didn't hate the movie so much as he had a strong moral objection to the subject matter, which I can understand. Watching a little girl merrily shoot people in the face isn't everyone's cup of tea.

True, so in that aspect you had to take his review of Kick-Ass with a grain of salt. However, when he doesn't have a strong moral objection on the subject matter he typically is on point with his reviews.

DethMaiden
07-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I don't really care much for Ebert because he's a pretty enormous elitist and moral high-horseman. The Kick-Ass review was basically the last straw for me.

But the AV Club is my main source of pop culture and entertainment news and opinions, so I tend to take them seriously. They've saved me a ticket to Jonah Hex (which they did actually give an "F" to, Nick) and The Last Airbender so far this summer. Thanks guys!

powerslave_85
07-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Last Airbender is currently at 6% on Rotten Tomatoes. To give you an idea how bad that is, Jonah Hex is at 12%.

mankvill
07-01-2010, 01:39 PM
The cartoon sucked shit, dunno why everyone was fapping over the prospect of a live action movie.

TonyD
07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
The cartoon sucked shit, dunno why everyone was fapping over the prospect of a live action movie.

This

DethMaiden
07-01-2010, 04:34 PM

:snivel: Doesn't suck when you're 13, man.

mankvill
07-01-2010, 04:40 PM
:snivel: Doesn't suck when you're 13, man.

Either you are way younger than me, or I don't really remember when I remember it being on TV. I hate anime, but if there's one thing I hate more, it's American cartoons trying to be anime.

Teen Titans
Ben 10

They're all terrible.

More cartoons like Flapjack and Chowder, plz.

DethMaiden
07-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Either you are way younger than me, or I don't really remember when I remember it being on TV. I hate anime, but if there's one thing I hate more, it's American cartoons trying to be anime.

Teen Titans
Ben 10

They're all terrible.

More cartoons like Flapjack and Chowder, plz.

I dunno when Avatar was on, that was an estimation. :eyes: I only saw it a couple times.

It was pretty cool conceptually though, and there was a fun ride based on it at King's Island in Cincinnati, so whatever. I feel like I grew up with it.

P.S. fuck Chowder and Flapjack. Spongebob is the only kid's cartoon I can watch on TV right now. The rest are sooooo fucking annoying.

mankvill
07-01-2010, 04:48 PM
P.S. fuck Chowder and Flapjack. Spongebob is the only kid's cartoon I can watch on TV right now. The rest are sooooo fucking annoying.

I like Spongebob, but Chowder and Flapjack are fucking hilarious and amazing. Adventure Time is okay too, but it's basically a carbon copy of Flapjack.

powerslave_85
07-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Know what I fucking hate about 3D movies? They take up extra screens that could be used to show other movies. Thanks to the fact that Last Airbender and Twilight are hogging half the screens at the only theater here, they aren't showing Despicable Me, which I actually want to see :hmm:

makethemsuffer12
07-06-2010, 09:06 AM
I really want to see Inception. It seems loike a pretty cool concept, and IGN gave it a perfect score, so it has to be pretty good haha.

DethMaiden
07-09-2010, 07:42 PM
http://brad250.blogspot.com/2010/07/day-seven-toy-story-3.html?spref=tw

My thoughts on Toy Story 3's spot in the Top 250.

Natrlhi
07-09-2010, 08:34 PM
http://brad250.blogspot.com/2010/07/day-seven-toy-story-3.html?spref=tw

My thoughts on Toy Story 3's spot in the Top 250.

Couldn't agree more. That movie was fantastic. It's honestly the best movie I have seen this year - animated or otherwise.

Natrlhi
07-09-2010, 08:38 PM
fuck Chowder and Flapjack. Spongebob is the only kid's cartoon I can watch on TV right now. The rest are sooooo fucking annoying.

I like Spongebob, but Chowder and Flapjack are fucking hilarious and amazing. Adventure Time is okay too, but it's basically a carbon copy of Flapjack.Frylock, Master Shake and Meatwad would like to have a word with you.

EDIT: Though I do like Spongebob - and thanks to my son being three years old right now, I have a perfect excuse to watch it. :D

mastodon421
07-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Saw Predators last night. Pretty awesome and it makes you forget about the abnomination that was Predator 2.

DethMaiden
07-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Frylock, Master Shake and Meatwad would like to have a word with you.

I said kid's cartoon, what kind of father are you? :eek:

evildeadjedi
07-10-2010, 09:09 AM
I said kid's cartoon, what kind of father are you? :eek:

:eyes:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-0f2OLadvVk/RyaEAb1yrUI/AAAAAAAACGY/l2oiGIKuANU/s320/Fatherhood.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
07-10-2010, 04:34 PM
:lol:

larvtard
07-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I really want to see Inception. It seems loike a pretty cool concept, and IGN gave it a perfect score, so it has to be pretty good haha.

yeah I've seen the trailer a few times on TV. It looks great. After seeing Shutter Island, anything with Leonardo DiCaprio is instantly worth watching.

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Saw Predators last night. Pretty awesome and it makes you forget about the abnomination that was Predator 2.

Yeah it was a great movie. I personally felt that there could've been a little more in terms of action, but it was pretty good regardless. It was about time they did a Predator movie with some quality acting (just thinking about AVP2 makes me cringe).

Wizzbang11
07-12-2010, 09:43 PM

Completely agree.
Unfortunately, one of the adds during it was Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, which looks to be one of the worst things I have ever seen. It's like hipster the movie, everything bad about Michael Cera's career just rolled into one.

powerslave_85
07-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Fuck that, Scott Pilgrim looks awesome as shit.

TonyD
07-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Completely agree.
Unfortunately, one of the adds during it was Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, which looks to be one of the worst things I have ever seen. It's like hipster the movie, everything bad about Michael Cera's career just rolled into one.

This.
I can't remember the last time I saw 3 movies (if you count the big four thing) in about a month, but I saw Get Him to the Greek and Grown Ups both courtesy of my parents. GHTTG was awesome and the Lars part that wasn't shown online was hilarious. I wouldn't say Grown Ups was a great movie but it was definitely enjoyable.

And I'm way late on the cartoon discussion, but for some reason Flapjack is hilarious, and I like the animation.

powerslave_85
07-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Inception this week!! :rockdevil :rockdevil

NecroRob
07-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Inception this week!! :rockdevil :rockdevil

Fuck yeah, I'm so going at midnight.

On a side note, I saw Cyrus the other day and it was...kinda strange. I guess it was weird seeing quite notable actors/actresses in an indie movie. Overall I thought the movie was pretty good but it really left me wanting more, which I guess is good and bad :tongue:

SomewhereInTime72
07-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Fuck that, Scott Pilgrim looks awesome as shit.

Seconded.

makethemsuffer12
07-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Grown Ups sucked sack.

Scott Pilgrim looks gaytarded.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Predators was great, memorable actors, good action, and just a memorable movie overall. Really nice to see its return in the big screen.

Scott Pilgrim looks ridiculously stupid IMO, Michael Cera should stop acting and work at a box factory the rest of his life. He simply sucks. Inception looks ridiculously amazing on the other hand, and I cannot wait to see it. DiCaprio = The Man.

SomewhereInTime72
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Scott Pilgrim looks ridiculously stupid IMO, Michael Cera should stop acting and work at a box factory the rest of his life. He simply sucks.

y u so mad

DethMaiden
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
I dunno, I don't like the comic (manga art, no thanks) but I'll probably see the movie. Looks just campy and self-aware enough to evoke some laughs.

JLRedWing13
07-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Inception should be good.

powerslave_85
07-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Bought my IMAX tickets for Inception tomorrow night :party:

makethemsuffer12
07-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Bought my IMAX tickets for Inception tomorrow night :party:

Nice. Hopefully I'll be able to catch that.

NecroRob
07-16-2010, 02:15 AM
Inception just blew my mind in all the right ways. One of the best films I've seen in a very long time. Finally a movie that really challenges the viewer.

mastodon421
07-16-2010, 03:28 AM
To weigh in on Scott Pilgrim. I like Michael Cera but it still looks beyond stupid. When I heard the concept on paper I thought it could be funny but after seeing the trailer I now have 0 intrest.

SomewhereInTime72
07-16-2010, 08:50 AM
To weigh in on Scott Pilgrim. I like Michael Cera but it still looks beyond stupid. When I heard the concept on paper I thought it could be funny but after seeing the trailer I now have 0 intrest.

Haha, this is the exact opposite of what I thought. I used to like Michael Cera a lot (he was absolutely awesome in Arrested Development and Superbad), but his more recent output has pretty much been boring all-the-same-shit type stuff, especially since Juno (which was alright). So on paper I would have 0 interest in another Michael Cera movie, but I saw the trailer and I think it looks actually pretty cool.

I don't really get how people who like metal would think that the over-the-top silliness of the movie is stupid. :eyes:

More importantly though, I best be seeing Inception soon. :bouville:

NecroRob
07-16-2010, 02:16 PM
More importantly though, I best be seeing Inception soon. :bouville:

Yes, you best be doing that soon. I need to go see it again...

powerslave_85
08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
I'll probably end up seeing The Other Guys this weekend. I'm not expecting anything spectacular, but I'm sure it'll be good for a few laughs.

DethMaiden
08-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I'll probably end up seeing The Other Guys this weekend. I'm not expecting anything spectacular, but I'm sure it'll be good for a few laughs.

Looks pretty terrible to me, but I'm not a Will Ferrell fan in the first place.

I'm thinking The Expendables is going to be a must-see. Looks like an adrenaline rush in the first degree, and it does have basically every action star you can name except Van Damme and Seagal. And they kind of suck anyway.

powerslave_85
08-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Well I guess we're opposites, because I think The Expendables looks fucking stupid.

mastodon421
08-10-2010, 04:00 AM
I saw The Other Guys on Friday. It was hysterical and easily as funny as Step Brothers and Talladega Nights(not quite Anchorman though). If you are a fan of Ferell it is a must see.

On the topic of The Expendables I can not wait to see it. It's an action movie lovers wet dream come true.

powerslave_85
08-10-2010, 06:11 AM
The Other Guys was pretty good, but it started to burn out after the first hour or so.

evildeadjedi
08-10-2010, 07:40 AM
The Expendables could quite possibly be the most manly movie ever committed to celluloid, I can't wait to watch this one!

Seriously, if they could reanimate Steve McQueen, Bruce Lee, Lee Marvin and "The Duke" then, throw in Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, and Chuck Norris there would be no contest!

powerslave_85
08-10-2010, 10:59 PM
I feel like that was the one and only reason they even made that movie: to shove in as many action stars as possible so people would say "HOLY SHIT, THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO BE SO MANLY BRAH!" Don't get me wrong, I like the occasional Die Hard-style brainless action flick as much as the next person, but this...ugh.

I'm sure no one cares, but Kick-Ass is officially my favorite movie of 2010. Yes, I know it's only August.

DethMaiden
08-11-2010, 09:44 AM
I feel like that was the one and only reason they even made that movie: to shove in as many action stars as possible so people would say "HOLY SHIT, THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO BE SO MANLY BRAH!" Don't get me wrong, I like the occasional Die Hard-style brainless action flick as much as the next person, but this...ugh.

I'm sure no one cares, but Kick-Ass is officially my favorite movie of 2010. Yes, I know it's only August.

Gotta say I don't see anything dethroning Inception for me unless The Tree of Life is really fucking awesome.

And yeah...I'm interested in seeing the Expendables and Scott Pilgrim this weekend, but the odds I see both (or even one) are pretty meh. Working lots.

powerslave_85
08-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Gotta say I don't see anything dethroning Inception for me unless The Tree of Life is really fucking awesome.I don't even know what that is :eyes:

After Scott Pilgrim, the rest of the year looks pretty bleak. Machete will probably be cool, and maybe Let Me In, but that's about it. Definitely not any "movie of the year" material.

DethMaiden
08-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't even know what that is :eyes:

After Scott Pilgrim, the rest of the year looks pretty bleak. Machete will probably be cool, and maybe Let Me In, but that's about it. Definitely not any "movie of the year" material.

The Tree of Life is an Oscar-baiting movie with Brad Pitt and Sean Penn that will be probably worthwhile even if it's a letdown. I'm not excited, but I do think it will be good.

Fuck no on Let Me In. Let the Right One In is amazing, and it just came out in 2008 so there is no fucking reason it should be remade. Plus, from every thing I've seen the director has no idea what the tone is supposed to be like. Big skip.

Also, you're not interested in Red? Malkovich, Willis, and Mirren as ex-FBI shooting people up for two hours in a comic book adaptation sounds pretty awesome to me.

powerslave_85
08-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I haven't seen Let The Right One In yet (it's next on my Netflix queue). Do you think that I, someone who's not really a fan of horror films, will like it?

I forgot about RED. I just saw the trailer when I was at The Other Guys. I dig the cast, but it looks like it could go either way.

DethMaiden
08-11-2010, 06:39 PM
I haven't seen Let The Right One In yet (it's next on my Netflix queue). Do you think that I, someone who's not really a fan of horror films, will like it?

It's not honestly a horror movie in the traditional, easily-fucked-up-by-hacks sense. If you can dig something in the vein of The Shining, then you'll probably be able to enjoy it. It's one of my personal top 5 horror movies, and the only movie post-1980 to enjoy that distinction.

evildeadjedi
08-12-2010, 09:08 AM
It's not honestly a horror movie in the traditional, easily-fucked-up-by-hacks sense. If you can dig something in the vein of The Shining, then you'll probably be able to enjoy it. It's one of my personal top 5 horror movies, and the only movie post-1980 to enjoy that distinction.

Woah, woah, woah, wait a minute what about "The Ring"?

DethMaiden
08-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Woah, woah, woah, wait a minute what about "The Ring"?

Only post-1980 horror movie in my top five. The Ring probably comes in at like 7 or 8. ;)

evildeadjedi
08-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Only post-1980 horror movie in my top five. The Ring probably comes in at like 7 or 8. ;)

Oh okay I got ya.

powerslave_85
08-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Scott Pilgrim very nearly knocked Kick-Ass out of my #1 spot. Soooo fucking funny.

mastodon421
08-14-2010, 04:22 AM
Saw The Expendables last night. Big,dumb and awesome. If you like brainless action films this ones for you.

ShatteredFlame
08-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Yeah The Expendables was pretty great but I wanted action compared to the last Rambo movie, in terms of gore this was a lot less with more plot scenes.

I wanna see Scott Pilgrim.

NecroRob
08-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Scott Pilgrim very nearly knocked Kick-Ass out of my #1 spot. Soooo fucking funny.

Saw it yesterday, 'twas alright.

I'm kind of getting tired of Michael Cera and his one-dimensional role, though.

DethMaiden
08-18-2010, 09:35 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Swan_%28film%29

This could be amazing. Aronofsky is one of the best cinematographers, period, even though I don't usually like his scripts, and Natalie Portman's presence means I'm going to see it even if Daffy Duck was behind the camera.

Also, Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman kiss, sooooo.

makethemsuffer12
08-18-2010, 09:37 AM

:drool::drool::drool:

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 09:57 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Swan_%28film%29

This could be amazing. Aronofsky is one of the best cinematographers, period, even though I don't usually like his scripts, and Natalie Portman's presence means I'm going to see it even if Daffy Duck was behind the camera.

Nice, but I'm still holding out for the one where Zooey Deschanel and Rashida Jones play lesbians.

I think I'm safe in saying that this is my top 5 for the year:

1. Kick-Ass
2. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
3. Inception
4. Toy Story 3
5. Iron Man 2

No way I can do a top 10 without 6-10 just being the rest of what I saw this year.

DethMaiden
08-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Nice, but I'm still holding out for the one where Zooey Deschanel and Rashida Jones play lesbians.

I think I'm safe in saying that this is my top 5 for the year:

1. Kick-Ass
2. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
3. Inception
4. Toy Story 3
5. Iron Man 2

No way I can do a top 10 without 6-10 just being the rest of what I saw this year.

1. Inception
2. Kick-Ass
3. Toy Story 3
4. Shutter Island
---
meh @ Iron Man 2, Dinner for Schmucks, Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Here's the AWESOME Black Swan trailer though. I think it's gonna be my favorite movie this year when it's all said and done, or at least very solid competition for Inception: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1XOB-bs&feature=player_embedded

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Why did you see Diary of a Wimpy Kid? :lol:

DethMaiden
08-18-2010, 11:10 AM

Took my 12 year old brother. :snivel:

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Haha, gotcha.

Anything lower than my top 4 probably wouldn't be there in a better year. Date Night was the only other movie I would consider putting at #5, the rest were just popcorn movies I saw out of boredom (A-Team, Dinner For Schmucks, The Other Guys, Green Zone).

Derelict
08-18-2010, 11:29 AM

I hate "diary..." if for no other reason, the author's full name is one letter off from my full name, so i get made fun of as said wimpy kid. Ugh.

Crionics
08-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Just saw Vampires Suck. Only like three or so funny moments. Well, it was made by the same people who made Meet The Spartans, I guess it had to be bad.

powerslave_85
08-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Just saw Vampires Suck. Only like three or so funny moments. Well, it was made by the same people who made Meet The Spartans, I guess it had to be bad.
Goddamnit, they wouldn't keep making those if people like you didn't pay to see them!

Crionics
08-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Goddamnit, they wouldn't keep making those if people like you didn't pay to see them!

Gahhh I didn't want to see it, I wanted to see anything but Vampires Suck, but it was 2-1 for seeing it and I thought "Hey, it should be easy to make fun of Twilight, it can't be that bad"

But I was wrong :mad:

makethemsuffer12
08-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Just saw Vampires Suck.

If I was a mod, I'd ban you.

Crionics
08-18-2010, 12:39 PM
If I was a mod, I'd ban you.

I'm just as mad as you are.

What makes it even worse is that...One of my friends liked it...and he's my jam buddy :eyes: