PDA

View Full Version : Most anticipated movies of 2010?

Pages : 1 [2]

mastodon421
08-21-2010, 04:16 AM
Saw Piranha 3-D last night because I had nothing better to do and it was free. It is the first movie I have seen in a long time that I have zero opinion of. The whole time afterwards I just thought "What the fuck did I just watch?"

JLRedWing13
08-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Saw Piranha 3-D last night because I had nothing better to do and it was free. It is the first movie I have seen in a long time that I have zero opinion of. The whole time afterwards I just thought "What the fuck did I just watch?"
In other words, you didn't like it? Which would mean you do have an opinion...

mastodon421
08-21-2010, 09:49 AM
In other words, you didn't like it? Which would mean you do have an opinion...

Eh Not really the What The Fuck was out of confusion not out of disliking it.

JLRedWing13
08-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Eh Not really the What The Fuck was out of confusion not out of disliking it.
Oh, alright. :lol:

ShatteredFlame
08-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Piranha 3-D was surprisingly great. Finally something well deserving of the R rating.

powerslave_85
08-23-2010, 09:08 PM
It's not honestly a horror movie in the traditional, easily-fucked-up-by-hacks sense. If you can dig something in the vein of The Shining, then you'll probably be able to enjoy it. It's one of my personal top 5 horror movies, and the only movie post-1980 to enjoy that distinction.
I finally watched it this weekend. Such a wonderful, haunting, beautiful, yet sinister movie. Barely even a horror film, really. I think the chances they get it right with the remake are very slim, but I don't think it will be completely terrible.

es156
08-23-2010, 09:15 PM
If I was a mod, I'd ban you.

:lol:

Natrlhi
08-24-2010, 05:39 AM
Just watched Kick-Ass on DVD last night. That's one helluva good movie. Funny, action-packed, heart-felt at times...the movie has it all. Great stuff.

Oh, and the wife made me watch The Bounty Hunter with her a few nights ago. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Aniston and Butler had pretty good on-screen chemistry, and the writing and jokes were pretty decent. Another guy-safe chick flick from the makers of Hitch - the ultimate guy-safe chick flick.

DethMaiden
08-24-2010, 05:40 AM
Oh, and the wife made me watch The Bounty Hunter with her a few nights ago. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Aniston and Butler had pretty good on-screen chemistry, and the writing and jokes were pretty decent. Another guy-safe chick flick from the makers of Hitch - the ultimate guy-safe chick flick.

I'm never getting married. :nutkick: :tongue:

Natrlhi
08-24-2010, 05:49 AM
I'm never getting married. :nutkick: :tongue::lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm...having to watch the occasional chick flick, or missing out on the companionship of marriage, the joy of having a family, an extra income in the household and a decent chance of being able to get laid basically anytime I want?

Yeah, I'll put up with the occasional chick flick every now and then - especially if it's Hitch (Oh, Eva :drool:) or The Bounty Hunter (Sup, Jen :D).

(BTW, she knows she has to watch the extremely stupid ones such as "27 Dresses" or "Failure to Launch" by herself. Fuck that shit.)

evildeadjedi
08-24-2010, 08:27 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm...having to watch the occasional chick flick, or missing out on the companionship of marriage, the joy of having a family, an extra income in the household and a decent chance of being able to get laid basically anytime I want?

Yeah, I'll put up with the occasional chick flick every now and then - especially if it's Hitch (Oh, Eva :drool:) or The Bounty Hunter (Sup, Jen :D).

(BTW, she knows she has to watch the extremely stupid ones such as "27 Dresses" or "Failure to Launch" by herself. Fuck that shit.)

Plus maybe you can get away with "Sucker Punch" being a chick-flick. it has several chicks. :lol: Along with Mech suits, Dragons, Aliens, demon Samurai, Nazis, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSIetIg7O3M

powerslave_85
08-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Sucker Punch looks so stupid.

evildeadjedi
08-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Sucker Punch looks so stupid.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, since I liked Snyder's last two films 300 and The Watchmen. Basically, the story is kind of a revenge tale since the ladies are enslaved and then use their vivid dreams to gain the courage to take on their captors.

Natrlhi
08-24-2010, 10:54 AM
I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, since I liked Snyder's last two films 300 and The Watchmen. Basically, the story is kind of a revenge tale since the ladies are enslaved and then use their vivid dreams to gain the courage to take on their captors.Not only this, but the creators of the movie are cool enough that the background music in the trailer is "The Crablouse" by Lords of Acid - one of their best songs ever, the reason I started listening to them in the first place, and indeed one of my favorite songs in any genre to this day (the lyrics are fucking badass, too). I almost shat a little when I heard that. Hopefully the movie makes liberal use of that song, too. :D

EvilCheeseWedge
08-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Finally saw Scott Pilgrim. Thought it looked relatively amusing from the previews, but I was clearly not prepared. Fucking loved it.

Also, I really don't understand the Michael Cera bashing. Yeah, he's kind of been typecast, but then again, I think this type of thing is really typical of TV actors... I mean he spent three years playing this type of character on Arrested Development, and he's good at it. But anyways, I did kind of love that his character from Arrested Development's girlfriend was one of the evil ex's.

Great movie :bliss:

powerslave_85
08-24-2010, 11:32 AM
But anyways, I did kind of love that his character from Arrested Development's girlfriend was one of the evil ex's."Her?"

I saw it again last night. Even better the second time.

"Scott, you have to break up with Knives."
"But it's haaaaaard!"

"Scott, if your life had a face, I would punch it."

"You're pretentious, your club sucks, I've got beef. Let's do this."

Also, Scott got to do two things I've always wanted to do: Make-out with Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and punch Jason Schwartzmann in the face.

mastodon421
08-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Sucker Punch looks so amazing.

Fixed

DethMaiden
08-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Just had to watch Vampires Suck (never been so pissed off to be at the movies in my life) and The Other Guys (actually kinda funny, but no rewatch value at all, like all Will Ferrell movies) at the drive-in with friends for a last hurrah.

Time to clean it out of my system with a 2 AM screening of All Quiet on the Western Front. :rocker:

powerslave_85
08-26-2010, 09:42 PM
(actually kinda funny, but no rewatch value at all, like all Will Ferrell movies)I dunno. Does fast-forwarding to the "Jenna Fischer in lingerie" scene in Blades of Glory count as re-watch value?

Seriously though, I think Anchorman and to a lesser extent Talladega Nights have good replay value. Maybe Old School too.

DethMaiden
08-26-2010, 09:44 PM
I dunno. Does fast-forwarding to the "Jenna Fischer in lingerie" scene in Blades of Glory count as re-watch value?

Seriously though, I think Anchorman and to a lesser extent Talladega Nights have good replay value. Maybe Old School too.

Jenna Fischer is in lingerie in Blades of Glory? Shit, that just might sneak into my Netflix queue now. :lol:

And I did see Anchorman like four times in the theaters...:eyes:

powerslave_85
08-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Jenna Fischer is in lingerie in Blades of Glory? Shit, that just might sneak into my Netflix queue now. :lol:It's really the only good part about the whole movie. Actually, I take that back: Will Arnett and Amy Poehler are pretty funny.

makethemsuffer12
08-31-2010, 04:56 PM
I just saw The Expendables. Pretty good. Not the best movie ever or anything, but still a solid action flick. Terry Crews + automatic shotgun = ÜBER PWNAGE

DethMaiden
08-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Anyone else unbelievably pumped for Machete this weekend?

evildeadjedi
08-31-2010, 07:17 PM

Pumped no interested yes.

Derelict
08-31-2010, 07:35 PM

Looks pretty bad ass

powerslave_85
08-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Fuck yes I am.

makethemsuffer12
08-31-2010, 08:03 PM
I want to see Machete so fucking bad. Though I don't know if I can see it on friday because I might go see Rush.

mastodon421
09-01-2010, 04:17 AM

Yes I absoultely can not wait.

powerslave_85
09-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Machete fucking ruled.

DethMaiden
09-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Machete fucking ruled.

Seconded. Exactly as fun as I thought it would be.

powerslave_85
09-03-2010, 07:26 PM
The only low note: Oh my GOD Jessica Alba cannot act. Not even in a schlocky B-movie. She is just that bad. Also, Steven Seagal sucks and I wish he wasn't in this.

I didn't care though, because I got to :drool: over Michelle Rodriguez :lovedup:

DethMaiden
09-03-2010, 07:29 PM
The only low note: Oh my GOD Jessica Alba cannot act. Not even in a schlocky B-movie. She is just that bad. Also, Steven Seagal sucks and I wish he wasn't in this.

I didn't care though, because I got to :drool: over Michelle Rodriguez :lovedup:

I agree with basically all of this, although I didn't find Alba to be distractingly bad. Seagal was though.

Doesn't matter because a) oh my god Michelle Rodriguez wearing a bra, an eyepatch, and a machine gun oh my god, and b) Danny Trejo is the baddest motherfucker who ever lived and it's about time he got a leading role.

powerslave_85
09-03-2010, 07:30 PM
That speech Alba makes where she jumped up on the car got the biggest laugh in the theater, and it wasn't even supposed to be funny.

mastodon421
09-04-2010, 05:09 AM
Machete was fucking awesome. I honestly can't believe Danny Trejo is 66 years old.

makethemsuffer12
09-04-2010, 06:50 AM
That speech Alba makes where she jumped up on the car got the biggest laugh in the theater, and it wasn't even supposed to be funny.

Hahaha My friend and I were cringing during this part. I thought is was a pretty good movie, especially the part where he leaves a certain video for Booth to watch (not gonna spoil it).

And for anyone complaining about Steven Seagal's acting, what the fuck were you expecting?

Oh and did anyone else notice the kid from Spy Kids in it? Hahaha

powerslave_85
09-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Man, the next few weeks look bleak. I'm thinking about seeing The American, though. Has anyone seen it? Any good?

mastodon421
09-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Man, the next few weeks look bleak. I'm thinking about seeing The American, though. Has anyone seen it? Any good?

The editor from the movie review website I post at said it was boring as hell but well acted. Personally I think The Town looks fantastic but I am in minority.

DethMaiden
09-09-2010, 03:32 PM
The editor from the movie review website I post at said it was boring as hell but well acted. Personally I think The Town looks fantastic but I am in minority.

Based on the trailer,
Pros: Jeremy Renner, creepy nun costumes
Cons: Everything else

powerslave_85
09-09-2010, 03:56 PM
The Town will probably be a rental. Not sure if I need another Bawh-stahn crime drama. I'm not a huge Affleck fan either.

Dissimulate
09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Machete was quite hilarious.

mastodon421
09-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I saw The Town today. I thought it was excellent. Very well acted all around and it flows very well. One of the best films of the year so far.

DethMaiden
09-19-2010, 05:01 PM
I really really want to see I'm Still Here, but I'm guessing I won't get a chance to until the DVD.

This coming Friday has two things I plan on seeing - Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (please don't ruin this Shia LeBeauf) and Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of G'ahoole or whatever it's called, which I'm just gonna see because I fucking love owls and the trailer has like every subspecies. :dorky:

powerslave_85
09-20-2010, 07:37 AM
I saw The American and Easy A over the weekend. The American was pretty good, if a tad too predictable. If you're expecting an action-packed spy thriller, though, you're going to be sorely disappointed. Easy A was very funny. Emma Stone needs to get more comedy leading roles, because she's excellent. She kind of had to carry the whole movie, though, and it gets cliche towards the end. Worth at least a rental, though.

evildeadjedi
09-20-2010, 09:09 AM
I really really want to see I'm Still Here, but I'm guessing I won't get a chance to until the DVD.

This coming Friday has two things I plan on seeing - Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (please don't ruin this Shia LeBeauf)

Quick! Name a movie Shia LeBeauf hasn't ruined......

powerslave_85
09-20-2010, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't say he ruined the Transformers movies, because they were already doomed from the beginning.

Dextrimental
09-20-2010, 09:34 AM
I enjoyed I, Robot, didn't think Shia LaBeouf ruined it either!

evildeadjedi
09-20-2010, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't say he ruined the Transformers movies, because they were already doomed from the beginning.

True, but he definitely didn't help them at all.

I enjoyed I, Robot, didn't think Shia LaBeouf ruined it either!

I don't believe I ever watched that movie what was his role?

JLRedWing13
09-20-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't believe I ever watched that movie what was his role?
He played some smartass kid who only appears a few times in the movie. Not a major role at all. But I liked I, Robot as well.

evildeadjedi
09-20-2010, 05:48 PM
He played some smartass kid who only appears a few times in the movie. Not a major role at all. But I liked I, Robot as well.

Well that explains it since he played a small role.

TonyD
09-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Quick! Name a movie Shia LeBeauf hasn't ruined......

... Indiana Jones... SHIT.

Dextrimental
09-21-2010, 10:08 AM
... Indiana Jones... SHIT.

In fairness, Shia LaBeouf didn't dop anything to ruin that movie, it was already doomed with that ending.

DethMaiden
09-21-2010, 10:09 AM
In fairness, Shia LaBeouf didn't dop anything to ruin that movie, it was already doomed with that ending.

He ruined the first two hours. If he's a tough biker, then I'm the King of France.

JLRedWing13
09-21-2010, 10:31 AM
I don't get the hate over the ending. I liked it. :eyes:

mastodon421
09-21-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't get the hate over the ending. I liked it. :eyes:

I liked it as well but the ending was pretty dumb.

DethMaiden
09-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm missing a special screening of The Social Network here in Bloomington tomorow, which sucks. Trying to decide if I'm going to see I'm Still Here, Wall Street 2, both, or neither this weekend.

powerslave_85
09-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Going to see Let Me In for sure this weekend, maybe The Town as well, if I have time. My interest in The Social Network has gone up a bit now that it's getting such rave reviews, but I still have such little interest in the subject matter that I think I'll just wait for the DVD.

DethMaiden
09-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Going to see Let Me In for sure this weekend, maybe The Town as well, if I have time. My interest in The Social Network has gone up a bit now that it's getting such rave reviews, but I still have such little interest in the subject matter that I think I'll just wait for the DVD.

Jesus Christ, don't see Let Me In. You're encouraging that kind of behavior.

powerslave_85
09-30-2010, 08:36 AM
The reviews are really good! All the ones I've read have said that people who like the original won't be disappointed.

DethMaiden
09-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Meh. Even if it's a good movie, I don't like the idea of an American remake of a foreign film getting made three years after an original so people don't have to read subtitles. But maybe that's just me being a cinema snob.

powerslave_85
09-30-2010, 08:47 AM
But maybe that's just me being a cinema snob."That's a bingo!"

;)

DethMaiden
09-30-2010, 08:58 AM
"That's a bingo!"

;)

You just say bingo. :tongue:

On topic, I'm seeing Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole tonight. Let's see if Zack Snyder can redeem himself for Watchmen.

mastodon421
09-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Let Me In is supposed to be really good. I don't think I am going to see it untill I see Let The Right One In though.

powerslave_85
09-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Let Me In is supposed to be really good. I don't think I am going to see it untill I see Let The Right One In though.
Good call.

powerslave_85
10-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Brad can suck it (lol vampire pun), because I thought it was really good.

ShatteredFlame
10-03-2010, 05:12 AM
I'm surprised Let Me In is getting good reviews, it didn't look like they kept the atmosphere of the original at all and just added explosions. I may go to see that and Buried next week.

I saw The Town last night, really overrated. There are a lot of (better) directions they could have taken the plot in but they just drop them making a lot of the characters feel very unnecessary. The heist scenes are good but for the most part its a really slow and boring film that to me felt like it didn't know where to take itself. The ending was also very lame.

DethMaiden
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
The Social Network was good. Not the greatest movie ever like some reviews suggest, but good. It'll probably win Best Picture though, it seems to kind of have that "what Oscar is looking for" intangible quality.

EDIT: The highlight was definitely the long True Grit trailer. So fucking pumped for that. :cowboy:

rjmartinez91
10-04-2010, 03:58 PM
I saw The Town last night, really overrated. There are a lot of (better) directions they could have taken the plot in but they just drop them making a lot of the characters feel very unnecessary. The heist scenes are good but for the most part its a really slow and boring film that to me felt like it didn't know where to take itself. The ending was also very lame.

I thought the movie was actually pretty good. Kind of overrated, but as far as action and suspense goes, I thought it was good. Especially the last heist where they're dressed as cops. It was pretty awesome to me, and plus I saw it for free, so overall, it wasn't a waste of time for me.

powerslave_85
10-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm surprised Let Me In is getting good reviews, it didn't look like they kept the atmosphere of the original at all and just added explosions.No, they didn't "add explosions" or dumb it down. It's a little less moody and atmospheric than the original because it was shot differently, but the same feel is there.

DethMaiden
10-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Man, Hereafter has me on the fence. On one hand, it's Clint Eastwood and he's easily one of my favorite directors, but on the other hand, it does that goddamn "everything else in this world is exactly like our own BUT here's a pseudo-religious thing that you have to accept at the movie's outset!" trick with Matt Damon being a medium. I might get a little fed up with the "It's okay, your brother is in Heaven now" bullshit that I'm sure it will feed me...but then again....Clint Eastwood.

mastodon421
10-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Man, Hereafter has me on the fence. On one hand, it's Clint Eastwood and he's easily one of my favorite directors, but on the other hand, it does that goddamn "everything else in this world is exactly like our own BUT here's a pseudo-religious thing that you have to accept at the movie's outset!" trick with Matt Damon being a medium. I might get a little fed up with the "It's okay, your brother is in Heaven now" bullshit that I'm sure it will feed me...but then again....Clint Eastwood.

100% agree. I can not make up mind on that film. The early negative word has me leaning towards skip it though.

ShatteredFlame
10-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Saw The Social Network. Was very good but in terms of reviewability I don't think its a movie I'd watch more than a couple times.

makethemsuffer12
10-15-2010, 08:08 PM
I just saw Jackass 3D. Pretty good, though overall I don't think it's as good as Jackass Number Two. Though the one scene towards the end (involving Steve-O and a porta-potty) stole the whole fucking movie.

NecroRob
10-16-2010, 05:35 PM
I just saw Jackass 3D. Pretty good, though overall I don't think it's as good as Jackass Number Two. Though the one scene towards the end (involving Steve-O and a porta-potty) stole the whole fucking movie.

Yeah the movie was a good time if you take it for what it is. Pretty fucking gross though :hecho:

makethemsuffer12
10-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Yeah the movie was a good time if you take it for what it is. Pretty fucking gross though :hecho:

Hahaha yeah, especially the part with Dave England pooing, but really, what else would you expect?

Anyway I just got home from seeing The Town. Really, really good movie. I definately recommend anyone to see it.

DethMaiden
10-17-2010, 08:36 AM
I saw Red last night. It was fun, but a movie that tries to be what it was should really only be rated R. Watching people go down bloodlessly when they get shot and get replaced by puffs of smoke when they blow up just isn't that fun.

mastodon421
10-17-2010, 01:12 PM
I saw Jackass 3-D last night and I thought it was the best one yet. I laughed my ass off throughout.

NecroRob
10-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Anyway I just got home from seeing The Town. Really, really good movie. I definately recommend anyone to see it.

Again, I agree with you. That movie was great.

powerslave_85
10-20-2010, 11:11 AM
I was watching the Scream Awards last night, and they showed a preview of Rainn Wilson's new movie Super, which looks hilarious. It sort sounds a bit like Kick-Ass from what I've heard: dark humor, average guy becomes a superhero, etc.

rjmartinez91
10-27-2010, 03:03 PM
I saw Paranormal Activity 2 last night. Shit sucks. :hmm:

ShatteredFlame
10-31-2010, 04:12 AM
Saw 7 was so disappointing. I always thought people overblew the torture porn aspect of Saw but I cannot defend this, literally every 5mins someone dies in shitty unescapable traps that don't follow Jigsaws original rules/purpose. Its sad how its the final movie and they don't even make it about him. But Chester Bennington from Linkin Park gets killed and he screams like he does in Hybrid Theory days so some might be interested in that lol.

Then I sneaked into Red right after and it was pretty entertaining.

Paranormal Activity 2 is going to be valid for this free ticket I have starting Monday, probably gonna go see it. No way I'm paying to see this shit again.

mastodon421
11-25-2010, 04:05 AM
I saw 127 Hours last night. Really powerful stuff. Despite this being the first Oscar bait film I've seen this year, James Franco is an early contender for Best Actor, he was fantastic. Worth seeing for sure.

powerslave_85
11-28-2010, 11:32 AM
I was almost ready to do my best of '10 movies list, but I think I'm going to wait until I get the Inception DVD so I can watch it again and see if it moves in my rankings.

JuuKun
11-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm (probably) the only one that cares, but Tangled was so fantastic. Despite being CGI as opposed to hand drawn (the CGI had a paint-like quality to the animation, though, and it was really well done), it fits in perfectly with the classics. I can't even explain how pleased I am for Disney to have released a new musical fairytale that was this awesome. :D

powerslave_85
12-01-2010, 12:40 PM
I was reading through this whole thread (to try and remember what movies I saw this year) and I'm laughing my ass off at poor Brad's doomed optimism about Jonah Hex :lol:

DethMaiden
12-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I was reading through this whole thread (to try and remember what movies I saw this year) and I'm laughing my ass off at poor Brad's doomed optimism about Jonah Hex :lol:

:snivel:

Still haven't seen it. In my Netflix queue, I need to get good and wasted before I try to watch it.

mastodon421
12-01-2010, 02:07 PM

Still haven't seen it. In my Netflix queue, I need to get good and wasted before I try to watch it.

I actually saw it a couple of weeks ago. It's not as bad as I heard it was, but it's still far from good.

powerslave_85
12-01-2010, 02:29 PM

Still haven't seen it. In my Netflix queue, I need to get good and wasted before I try to watch it.Meanwhile, I ended up being 100% right about Kick-Ass ;)

DethMaiden
12-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Meanwhile, I ended up being 100% right about Kick-Ass ;)

God, if it turns out Black Swan sucks I'm turning in my movie badge.

powerslave_85
12-01-2010, 02:57 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I think you'll be right about True Grit :metal:

TonyD
12-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Tron and True Grit are in 2.5/3.5 weeks, Jeff Bridges sneaks up on you pretty fast.

DethMaiden
12-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Here's my rest-of-the-year movie plans:

12/10 - Rare Exports
12/11 - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
12/22 - Black Swan
12/25 - True Grit
12/26 - The King's Speech

Fully anticipating all five to be top ten. If not, I dunno if I can make a top ten where I like all ten movies.

EDIT: Oh, also, The Kids Are All Right is at the top of my Netflix queue for when it comes out week after next.

mastodon421
12-05-2010, 06:20 AM
I did a rough draft yesterday ranking all the films I have seen this year. Going to wait untill the end of the month to post it. I need to see True Grit, The Fighter, (hopefully)Black Swan, and (maybe) Little Fockers when they are released in theaters. Also I hope to see Scott Pilgrim, Grown-Ups and a couple of others on DVD before the end of the year.

makethemsuffer12
12-05-2010, 07:06 AM
I did a rough draft yesterday ranking all the films I have seen this year. Going to wait untill the end of the month to post it. I need to see True Grit, The Fighter, (hopefully)Black Swan, and (maybe) Little Fockers when they are released in theaters. Also I hope to see Scott Pilgrim, Grown-Ups and a couple of others on DVD before the end of the year.

NO.
For the love of God don't waste your time and/or money on that atrocious excuse for a comedy. Easily one of the shittiest movies I've seen in my life.

mastodon421
12-09-2010, 07:05 AM
I just watched Scott Pilgrim. To be honest, I really didn't like that much. It wasn't bad, but I thought it was really overhyped. Nothing special, imo.

DethMaiden
12-21-2010, 07:06 PM
You guys are gonna fucking kill me. My movie wrap-up is easily going to be a billion words. :lol:

EDIT: I'm well over a thousand and I haven't written about anything I've seen yet except documentaries.

Natrlhi
12-22-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm (probably) the only one that cares, but Tangled was so fantastic. Despite being CGI as opposed to hand drawn (the CGI had a paint-like quality to the animation, though, and it was really well done), it fits in perfectly with the classics. I can't even explain how pleased I am for Disney to have released a new musical fairytale that was this awesome. :DYou're not the only one. That movie was fantastic in every way. Loved it. :fist:

powerslave_85
12-24-2010, 07:29 PM
True Grit was fan-fucking-tastic.

InPatient5100
01-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Black Swan looks really good.