PDA

View Full Version : DevilDriver -- Pomona, CA -- January 7th, 2010

raiderjp
01-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Not too many people were there yet when Thy Will Be Done came on stage, but they were pretty good. I enjoyed their set, as well as Goatwhore's. Then Suffocation came on and crushed everyone. I was too busy in the pit to remember the order of the songs though. DevilDriver destroyed what was left. The set as follows:

1. End of the Line
2. Before the Hangman's Noose
3. Pray for Villains
4. Back With A Vengeance
5. Clouds Over California
6. Fate Stepped In
7. Grinfucked
8. Hold Back the Day
9. These Fighting Words
10. Not All Who Wander Are Lost
11. I Could Care Less
12. I've Been Sober
13. Meet the Wretched
---------------------------
14. The Mountain

There were a few other songs I would have liked to hear (Horn of Betrayal, Ripped Apart, and Self-Affliction), but it was a great show. I got to meet Dez and Frank Mullen, so that was pretty cool. I'll probably end up going to the Hollywood show in February as well. Anyone who knows the other bands' sets is welcome to post.

xStructualDefect
01-08-2010, 01:15 AM
great show. met some members from Goatwhore, DevilDriver, and Suffocation, and Suicide Silence. i expected more people to be at this show though but still had a fun time.

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 02:21 AM
Oh fuck you beat me to it. Anyway, pretty good for the first show in 2010. Got to interview Guy from Suffocation and Jeff from DevilDriver. Both bands were really awesome. Goatwhore were mighty impressive too. It was my first time seeing them properly.

Set list:

1. The All-Destroying
2. Provoking The Ritual Of Death
3. Blood Guilt Eucharist
4. Carving Out The Eyes Of God
5. Nocturnal Holocaust
6. Alchemy Of The Black Sun Cult
7. In Legions, I Am Wars Of Wrath
8. Desolate Path To Apocalyptic Ruin
9. Apocalyptic Havoc

I do remember Suffocation's set list partially. Got songs 1,2,3,4 and 9 from setlist.fm

1. Blood Oath
2. Infecting The Crypts
3. Thrones Of Blood
4. Abomination Reborn
5. Cataclysmic Purification
6. Pierced from Within
7. Breeding the Spawn
8. Bind Torture Kill
9. Funeral Inception

Got lots of good pictures from the photo pit too. Review, pics and interviews to be posted asap.

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 02:27 AM
great show. met some members from Goatwhore, DevilDriver, and Suffocation, and Suicide Silence. i expected more people to be at this show though but still had a fun time.

Dude you are at many of the shows I go to. How come we never meet? Or have we met??

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 03:57 AM
Pics here for the time being:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=144181&id=628232132&l=d5733c2d9f

Chyck
01-08-2010, 04:06 AM
Sweet set! Now I'm looking forward to their show on the 29th even more.

Also, very nice pics. Front row?

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Sweet set! Now I'm looking forward to their show on the 29th even more.

Also, very nice pics. Front row?

I had a photo pass dude. I was in front of the front row :lol:

Chyck
01-08-2010, 08:19 AM

~feels like a N00B douchebag~

I have to fight tooth and nail for any pics I take, and I wouldn't have it any other way... except, you know, then my photos might actually not come out like shit.

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 08:43 AM
~feels like a N00B douchebag~

I have to fight tooth and nail for any pics I take, and I wouldn't have it any other way... except, you know, then my photos might actually not come out like shit.

Yeah I know that feeling dude .. been there. Well anyway, the pics I take are mainly for the fans to enjoy and not just for my personal use! :)

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Suffocation set list edited.

undeadhunter235
01-08-2010, 11:34 AM
yah it was a pretty sick show, i was expecting more fans/pits for goatwhore, though, but fuck it. Some of the fans were kinda dicks though, devil driver kinda made up for the whole show though, but i still wanted to hear ripped apart,

i met members from devil driver, suffocation, ghoatwhore and suicide silence, they were all pretty chill, and the singer from goatwhore was cool as fuck. It was actually prety empty, probally because it was on weekday, but i still had a lot of fun in the pits, i actually might wanna go to the hollywood show, but not sure if i have the money

Jochen
01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the Suffocation setlist and photos. Seeing the setlist I'm even more excited to go.

raiderjp
01-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't remember Suffocation playing Infecting the Crypts. I'm pretty sure song number two was Suspended in Tribulation.

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I don't remember Suffocation playing Infecting the Crypts. I'm pretty sure song number two was Suspended in Tribulation.

Hmm .. I took the first 4 songs and the last song from setlist.fm .. I'm sure about songs 5 to 8.

rjturtle9
01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Yo Andrew, did you do what i told you to do ;)

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Yo Andrew, did you do what i told you to do ;)

Lol I don't know what she looks like dude .. check out the pictures in the album link I posted here. Is she in any of the fan pics?

raiderjp
01-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Hmm .. I took the first 4 songs and the last song from setlist.fm .. I'm sure about songs 5 to 8.

Ah, makes sense then. I also remember that the last song was Liege of Inveracity, not Funeral Inception.

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Ah, makes sense then. I also remember that the last song was Liege of Inveracity, not Funeral Inception.

Thanks for the corrections!

1. Blood Oath
2. Suspended In Tribulation
3. Thrones Of Blood
4. Abomination Reborn
6. Pierced from Within
7. Breeding the Spawn
8. Bind Torture Kill
9. Liege of Inveracity

rjturtle9
01-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Lol I don't know what she looks like dude .. check out the pictures in the album link I posted here. Is she in any of the fan pics?

lol dude i don't wanna check i was just fucking around man haha

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 12:46 PM
lol dude i don't wanna check i was just fucking around man haha

I know haha

raiderjp
01-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the corrections!

No problem! The rest of the setlist looks good, but I'm not completely sure if 3 and 4 were right. Hopefully someone else remembers.

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 12:49 PM
No problem! The rest of the setlist looks good, but I'm not completely sure if 4 and 5 were right. Hopefully someone else remembers.

5 is definitely right. He announced the name of that song and said that they've made a video of it.

raiderjp
01-08-2010, 12:52 PM
5 is definitely right. He announced the name of that song and said that they've made a video of it.

Sorry I meant to type 3 and 4, haha.

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Sorry I meant to type 3 and 4, haha.

Oh ok .. yea those even I'm not sure about.

xStructualDefect
01-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Dude you are at many of the shows I go to. How come we never meet? Or have we met??

lol that's true alot shows i go to you're usually there. but i definently don't go to as much shows as you haha for me maybe 1, 2, or at the veeery most 3 shows a month. but yeah i don't think we've met before, next time i know prior you're going to be at the same show as i. my next show is arch enemy at the house of blues hollywood next month.

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 01:08 PM
lol that's true alot shows i go to you're usually there. but i definently don't go to as much shows as you haha for me maybe 1, 2, or at the veeery most 3 shows a month. but yeah i don't think we've met before, next time i know prior you're going to be at the same show as i. my next show is arch enemy at the house of blues hollywood next month.

Yeah I'll be at all the shows in your signature dude. See you at the HOB!

xStructualDefect
01-08-2010, 01:14 PM

yea for sure!

rjturtle9
01-08-2010, 01:33 PM

let me spend the night at your house that day haha

mankvill
01-08-2010, 01:34 PM
psh you cali motherfuckers :finger2:

b1indedbyfear
01-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Good sets, Suffocation didnt get hose with a super short set so I might go twice.

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 01:37 PM
let me spend the night at your house that day haha

No problem dude.

JuuKun
01-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Nice Suffocation and Goatwhore sets. Assuming that none of the sets are shortened, January 29th is shaping up to be awesome.

b_halperin
01-08-2010, 03:16 PM
yah it was a pretty sick show, i was expecting more fans/pits for goatwhore, though, but fuck it. Some of the fans were kinda dicks though

DUDE! So true! Every show I've seen Goatwhore at (Including headlining shows :eyes:) there have been close to NO pits, it sucks. And then like 5 people go crazy for Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult :mad:

Chyck
01-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Nice Suffocation and Goatwhore sets. Assuming that none of the sets are shortened, January 29th is shaping up to be awesome.

Considering the doors open at 5:30 and the show starts at 6:00, I'm thinking they're actually going to do everyone's full set at the Palladium.

I'm considering catching the show on the 28th in Hartford just in case, though...

mankvill
01-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Considering the doors open at 5:30 and the show starts at 6:00, I'm thinking they're actually going to do everyone's full set at the Palladium.

I'm considering catching the show on the 28th in Hartford just in case, though...

Damn you New Englanders! :mad:

Chyck
01-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Damn you New Englanders! :mad:

I know - we suck with all our options. Move?

bt11763
01-08-2010, 10:59 PM
so excited for this

daimonos
01-09-2010, 08:09 AM

Suicide Silence isn't on this tour...are they?

CyN1caL
01-09-2010, 12:27 PM

Out of curiosity, who did you contact to get a photo pass? I plan on seeing this show on the 31st, and would love to get a photo pass for it, but I'm not sure if I should contact DevilDriver's management or what.

Chyck
01-09-2010, 02:17 PM

Thy Will Be Done is, though... Freudian slip, maybe?

undeadhunter235
01-09-2010, 02:19 PM

no they werent, but afterword, we just saw the bassists there, and went up to him and talked, he was kinda drunk, but it was cool

undeadhunter235
01-09-2010, 02:22 PM
DUDE! So true! Every show I've seen Goatwhore at (Including headlining shows :eyes:) there have been close to NO pits, it sucks. And then like 5 people go crazy for Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult :mad:

yah no joke, i REALLY wish the fans were more crazy but they didnt even get too crazy for alchemy :confused:, the best pit was was when they closed with apocolyptic havoc:rocker:, there were very few pits, i actually started the first one :rocker:

b_halperin
01-09-2010, 02:24 PM
yah no joke, i REALLY wish the fans were more crazy but they didnt even get too crazy for alchemy :confused:, the best pit was was when they closed with apocolyptic havoc:rocker:, there were very few pits, i actually started the first one :rocker:

Dude same, when I saw them headlining, I finally got the pits starting like 3/4's through the set

andrew_metalhead
01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Out of curiosity, who did you contact to get a photo pass? I plan on seeing this show on the 31st, and would love to get a photo pass for it, but I'm not sure if I should contact DevilDriver's management or what.

Roadrunner Records.

b1indedbyfear
01-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Do you remember how much Suffocation shirts were?

andrew_metalhead
01-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Do you remember how much Suffocation shirts were?

idrinkwine732
01-13-2010, 05:16 PM

I could've sworn they were only 20 at my show...I might be wrong though.

raiderjp
01-14-2010, 12:18 PM
I could've sworn they were only 20 at my show...I might be wrong though.

You're correct. They were $20. XXL was $25.

andrew_metalhead
01-14-2010, 09:20 PM
You're correct. They were $20. XXL was $25.

Ah. Right.

jhdeity
01-15-2010, 05:54 AM
Thy Will Be Done is, though... AFreudianSlip, maybe?

I didn't know anyone knew who these guys were. They were thiiiiis close to breaking out last year and have kind of fizzled some. My buddy Dan is the guitarist and still works for Angel's Rock Bar where they played a few times but their best shows are at The Ottobar.

Thy Will Be Done are the best Christian Metal band I've ever heard. Their new cd is fast and heavy as hell.

smearCampaign
01-15-2010, 06:38 PM
I didn't know anyone knew who these guys were.

If you're talking about a band called "AFreudianSlip", I don't think anyone does know who those guys are... I'm pretty sure he meant that it's a freudian slip (it seems like a mistake) that a Christian band (Thy Will Be Done) is on tour with Suffocation and Goatwhore. Also, Thy Will Be Done make boring music IMO.

christopher
01-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I do remember Suffocation's set list partially. Got songs 1,2,3,4 and 9 from setlist.fm

1. Blood Oath
2. Infecting The Crypts
3. Thrones Of Blood
4. Abomination Reborn
6. Pierced from Within
7. Breeding the Spawn
8. Bind Torture Kill
9. Funeral Inception

Suffocation didn't play Infecting the Crypts that night, they did Habitual Infamy. They are also suppose to play a rarely played song from Breeding the Spawn on the remainder of the tour, forget which one it was.

raiderjp
01-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Suffocation didn't play Infecting the Crypts that night, they did Habitual Infamy. They are also suppose to play a rarely played song from Breeding the Spawn on the remainder of the tour, forget which one it was.

Thanks for adding in that song. Check page 2 for the corrected setlist by andrew_metalhead. Was Habitual Infamy the second song? And if so, were Thrones of Blood and Abomination Reborn played? I can't remember if that was right or not.

idrinkwine732
01-16-2010, 10:31 AM
They played Infecting the Crypts at my show, if that matters at all.

jhdeity
01-16-2010, 11:21 AM
If you're talking about a band called "AFreudianSlip", I don't think anyone does know who those guys are... I'm pretty sure he meant that it's a freudian slip (it seems like a mistake) that a Christian band (Thy Will Be Done) is on tour with Suffocation and Goatwhore. Also, Thy Will Be Done make boring music IMO.

Yeah I would be surprised if anyone outside of MD had heard of them. AfreudianSlip, Burn The Fields & Anubis Unbound opened for every major act that came through here and none of them translated it into anything really.

My friend is interviewing Thy Will Be Done and Goatwhore next week and I told her to ask about the dichotomy of the bands. I'm curious what they say. I really like their new cd. It's better than Devildriver to me.

andrew_metalhead
01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Review, pics and interviews posted.

https://www.fullmetalrock.com/Devil_Driver_with_Suffocation.html

greenReaper
01-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know the set times? Roughly? Particularly GOATWHORE/SUFFOCATION/DEVILDRIVER?

idrinkwine732
01-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know the set times? Roughly? Particularly GOATWHORE/SUFFOCATION/DEVILDRIVER?

If I remember at all correctly, it was approx 30 mins for Goatwhore 45 for Suffo then DD got about an hour.

I could be completely wrong though, I was surprised how short sets were.