PDA

View Full Version : Behemoth -- Philadelphia, PA -- January 7th, 2010

Polock91
01-07-2010, 09:32 PM
January 7th, 2010: My first show of the year. First show of the decade. It's gonna be hard to beat. Each band that played were absolutely intense. I'm not sure if the first band, Woe, were a local band or a signed band, but they have some very interesting material. I definitely wouldn't mind finding their album and giving it a listen. The second band was Lightening Swords of Death, and for an American Black Metal group, they were pretty fucking good. Whoever their vocalist is, he's definitely one of the most commanding frontmen I've seen in an underground band. After them came Septicflesh. I got most of their set, the 2 songs I was missing were contributed by Kulamram. These guys definitely didn't disappoint, they put on a fantastic show, and if you haven't yet had the chance to see them, I'd change that.

SEPTICFLESH
Ubeliever
Communion
We, the Gods
Anubis
Lovecraft's Death
Persepolis

Most shows I see, I find that the opening act completely blows the main band off the stage. Such was not the case for this show. While the guy from LSOD may have been a very aggressive frontman, there is no other who can bring pure chaos to the room like Mr. Darski. He's like the drill sergeant that you're afraid to disobey for fear of death. A death slower and more agonizing than being bound, gagged, bagged, and hanged by your elbows, just to be drawn and quartered after a few hours of excruciating pain; and let me tell you, there were few and far between who didn't beckon that call. On top of that, an extreme low-end from Orion reminiscent of the blood curdling bellow of the huntsman he is named after, the intense blasts that have made Inferno more ferocious than the desolate one, himself, and a gut-wrenching performance from the lord of deserts, storms, darkness, and chaos, also known as Seth, have made this band something far greater and more powerful than a mortal can comprehend; and if you can still say that after seeing them for 5th/6th time (which I can and clearly have), you know that nothing will stand in the way of Behemoth's reign of fire.

BEHEMOTH
Ov Fire and the Void
Demigod
Shemhamforash
Conquer All
LAM
As Above So Below
Slaves Shall Serve
At the Left Hand ov God
Alas, Lord is Upon Me
Decade of Therion
Chant for Eschaton 2000

Lucifer

BrutalN00dle
01-07-2010, 09:41 PM
DAMMIT no Christians to the Lions, Towards Babylon, or From the Pagan Vastlands. Glad to see Decade of Therion and LAM though.

I'll be seeing them tomorrow, thanks a ton for the setlist.

dimmutaker
01-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Damn same setlist as the one in Europe. Come Behemoth, where's daimonos? Where's XUL?... Oh well

Bloodcurse
01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Kinda short set for headlining..

kulamram
01-08-2010, 04:16 AM
six songs...too few!!!!

unbeliever
communion
we the gods
anubis
lovecraft's death
persepolis

kulamram
01-08-2010, 04:17 AM
set list SAID christians to the lions before chant for eschaton but it was not played!

Derelict
01-08-2010, 05:49 AM
Set was a little short, but they were pretty solid and I hate a good time. Destroyed about two tons of food at Brauhaus Schmitz before the show.

Impaledonafence3
01-08-2010, 09:12 AM
I have the entire set from Septic Flesh on my Youtube page. Behemoth is being uploaded now, I only filmed the first six songs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/impaledonafence1

Derelict
01-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I have the entire set from Septic Flesh on my Youtube page. Behemoth is being uploaded now, I only filmed the first six songs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/impaledonafence1

I love seeing you at a show, as I know it will be on youtube the next day :)

Impaledonafence3
01-08-2010, 11:47 AM
All my videos are up. Next show is Epica at the Troc.

JuuKun
01-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Like before, I don't really mind this set. Would I like some others? Yeah, but this'll be my fifth time seeing them, and there's 4 there I haven't seen before, and two (Decade of Therion and At The Left Hand Ov God) which are my two favorites but I've only seen those once. If Christians to the Lions was on the setlist but not played, maybe they'll be playing that regularly too and I think I've only seen that one once too. So, overall, a nice set.

Septic Flesh will be cool to see, too. Can't wait until Worcester. I do really wish Shining were still on, though.

Palabra de Dios
01-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Sucks that SepticFlesh aren't playing more songs. I'm glad to have seen an extended set from them at Scion Rock Fest last year in Atlanta, though. It'll be nice to hear those tunes again.

It'll actually be my first time seeing Behemoth...I've been a fan for YEARS, but they've always eluded me (never playing when I have the time or money...or just being on shitty tours like Ozzfest or SotU).

mankvill
01-09-2010, 12:32 PM
correct set from Blabbermouth:

01. Ov Fire And The Void
02. Demigod
03. Shemamforash
04. Conquer All
05. LAM
06. As Above So Below
07. Slaves Shall Serve
08. At The Left Hand Ov God
09. Alas, Lord Is Upon Me
10. Decade Of Therion
11. Christians To The Lions
12. Chant For Ezkaton 2000
13. Lucifer

Polock91
01-09-2010, 01:11 PM
They skipped Christians to the Lions, that's why you won't see it in my post.

mankvill
01-09-2010, 01:20 PM
They skipped Christians to the Lions, that's why you won't see it in my post.

o i c

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-09-2010, 02:39 PM
A little bit short for a headlining set, but so good. That SepticFlesh set is brutal as well, such a damned pity I won't be seeing them, they are the single band that trapped me in without knowing a shred of their music.

666ways2love
01-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Too much of the new album IMO. I don't know, the past two albums, as sick as they are, I can't stand the over processed vox and because of that I never really get into the songs.

LAM is the only eye opener for me. I'm quite shocked they are only playing one track from apostasy.

hopefully it wont bite me in the ass but I'm going to risk waiting till day of the show to buy my tix(hollywood). I dont think last time they played HOB sunset it sold out, and Gojira was opening on top of that. not sure how much they grew since playing mayhem fest last summer

Fratt
01-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Damn, 13 songs, this is a short set. No Daimonos, no Slaying the Prophets of Isa, no Christgrinding avenue :(