PDA

View Full Version : My 2000-2009 best albums

andrew_metalhead
01-07-2010, 01:30 AM
My picks for best metal albums of the decade.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=415714183

Sanitarium78
01-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm glad to see someone else liked The Crucible Of Man a lot like me. That album seemed to get a lot of shit for some reason. I don't think it's a top album of the decade though and it's not even close to being one of Iced Earth's best in their history. I liked Framing Armageddon a little more. Ripper's vocals were amazing on that. On FA he went from me considering him a no talent leech who only got a job because he was a Halford clone, to actually being a very good all around vocalists. Deffinately Ripper's best work.

The rest of you list is solid. I haven't heard every album on it but at least I recognize all the bands names on there. I can't say that for the vast majority of the year end lists people have been posting on this site:eyes:

Maiden33
01-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Ick. Crucible of Man was the worst Iced Earth album of the decade IMO, and the best IE album of the decade would still not come anywhere near a top 25 for me.

I'm kinda shocked by the Gamma Ray selection too. I liked land of the Free II quite a bit, but I thought Majestic and No World Order were both better.

Wizzbang11
01-07-2010, 05:47 PM
The only thing on that I would call good is Brave New World.

JuuKun
01-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm kinda shocked by the Gamma Ray selection too. I liked land of the Free II quite a bit, but I thought Majestic and No World Order were both better.

This. Land of the Free II was good, but No World Order is my favorite Gamma Ray album.

Also, as far as The Crucible of Man goes, while not being the worst album ever, it's not one of my favorites. Best IE album of the decade, IMO, was Horror Show.

Sanitarium78
01-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Also, as far as The Crucible of Man goes, while not being the worst album ever, it's not one of my favorites. Best IE album of the decade, IMO, was Horror Show.

Agreed. I like TCOM but Horror Show has some excellent songs like Wolf, Damien, Dracula and The Phantom Opera Ghost. The rest of the album is very good as well but those four tracks are some of the best Iced Earth has to offer.

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Agreed. I like TCOM but Horror Show has some excellent songs like Wolf, Damien, Dracula and The Phantom Opera Ghost. The rest of the album is very good as well but those four tracks are some of the best Iced Earth has to offer.

Yes. Its all personal preference. I felt TCOM is a more complete album. Horror Show has some amazing songs, but as you said, only 4 tracks really stand out.

Same reason for Gamma Ray's LOTF2.

SuFfoLkPriDe
04-16-2010, 10:56 PM
I have to back you guys up on that. Damien is such a cool song, and got me really into them a few years back.