PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Mayhem Fest Announcement Coming 1/20

mankvill
01-06-2010, 10:52 PM
From their Facebook/Myspace:

Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival: Wanna Know Whose Playing Mayhem? Check back on Wednesday, January 20th to see where Mayhem is headed to in 2010 and who'll be on stage for what will be the best hard rock tour of the summer!! It'll be sometime in the afternoon on 1/20 for those of you waiting up at 12:01am.

Korn confirmed

xStructualDefect
01-07-2010, 02:55 AM
if Korn's headlining i'm pretty stoked for this. haven't seen them for a few years now.

rjturtle9
01-07-2010, 05:59 AM
if Kons playing im already down

smearCampaign
01-07-2010, 08:26 AM
If Korn's headlining I'll be leaving early.

b1indedbyfear
01-07-2010, 09:30 AM
It depends what Korn plays if I stay.

IrritatedTrout
01-07-2010, 10:11 AM
If Korn's playing then I'm staying home.

DethMaiden
01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
You guys keep acting like this tour was good last year and it's falling apart now. Uhh, Marilyn Manson, BFMV, Killswitch, Trivium, Job For a Cowboy, God Forbid, All That Remains, Whitechapel, and Mushroomhead were awesome but now KoRn are ruining your fun? :wtf:

TonyD
01-07-2010, 10:19 AM
You guys keep acting like this tour was good last year and it's falling apart now. Uhh, Marilyn Manson, BFMV, Killswitch, Trivium, Job For a Cowboy, God Forbid, All That Remains, Whitechapel, and Mushroomhead were awesome but now KoRn are ruining your fun? :wtf:

This.
If Mastodon didn't play, I would have never been there in the first place.

IrritatedTrout
01-07-2010, 10:20 AM

Stayed home last year too.:lol:

mankvill
01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
This.
If Mastodon didn't play, I would have never been there in the first place.

Mastodong played the first year, not last year.

I see it like this:

First year: AIDS except for like 3 bands
Second year: A few good bands, a few AIDS bands
Third year: Looks like it's going to be all AIDS, all the time

Fratt
01-07-2010, 11:00 AM
At least there was CC, Behemoth and Slayer

TonyD
01-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Mastodong played the first year, not last year.

I didn't say they did.
DICK

mankvill
01-07-2010, 12:04 PM
I didn't say they did.
DICK

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/575/jimshoot.gif http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3592/rollbaby.gif http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2204/gunbigrocket.gif

YOU ARE BABY

John The Drummer
01-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Probably going to be weak.
I went the first year and was very bored, main reason was because my friend's band was on the Jager stage.

rjturtle9
01-07-2010, 01:13 PM
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/575/jimshoot.gif http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3592/rollbaby.gif http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2204/gunbigrocket.gif

YOU ARE BABY

hahahaha dude this is tooo much win

mastodon421
01-07-2010, 01:37 PM
I am really excited to see who is actually on this. Last year's lineup was awesome I am pumped to see what they have in store for this year.

mayhem 66
01-07-2010, 06:55 PM
rumor only band list

LAMB OF GOD
HATEBREED
CHIMAIRA
WINDS OF PLAGUE
FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
KORN
ROB ZOMBIE

im happy i see LAMB OF GOD,ROB ZOMBIE,mabe korn if first headliner
somewhat happy HATEBREED and FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
unhappy about CHIMAIRA, WINDS OF PLAGUE

JuuKun
01-07-2010, 07:15 PM
I'll see what the lineup looks like. I had fun last year, mainly because the venue had a table set up selling $10 tickets when I saw Judas Priest, so it was a cheap ticket for me. I met up with some friends, and I think I only watched Behemoth, CC, Slayer, and Manson with any sort of interest. Caught a few minutes of a few other bands, though. But, hey, for $10 it was worth it.

I'd like to see Rob Zombie, and though I'm not much of a fan besides a song or two I wouldn't mind seeing Korn if there was atleast 1 or 2 bands I'd really want to see. Or if they do the $10 thing again.

Chyck
01-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I only watched Behemoth, CC, Slayer, and Manson with any sort of interest.
Yay, yay, yay, and from what I saw, Manson spent most of his show stripping. Eugh ~shudders~

Or if they do the $10 thing again.
How does one know if/when this happens?

JuuKun
01-07-2010, 07:54 PM
How does one know if/when this happens?

Don't have the slightest clue. I only know that when I saw Priest, as I was walking into the Comcast Center, there was a Live Nation table set up and they were selling $10 tickets (Seats, actually. I think I was in Section 4), one line for Mayhem and one for Crue Fest. With some exchanges that I heard, such as "Do you have tickets for ----?" "No, not tonight." makes me think that they might do it fairly often enough, but I don't know if there's any way to find out unless you're at a show and see the booth.

Chyck
01-07-2010, 08:05 PM
as I was walking into the Comcast Center, there was a Live Nation table set up and they were selling $10 tickets

Gotcha'... keep my eyes out for them at Live Nation shows. What time of year did you grab those tix?

b1indedbyfear
01-07-2010, 11:51 PM
They had them for majority of the shows coming around in the Summer here. $10 lawn for almost everything except Aerosmith and a couple others.

JuuKun
01-08-2010, 03:19 AM
Gotcha'... keep my eyes out for them at Live Nation shows. What time of year did you grab those tix?

Priest was in July.

xStructualDefect
01-08-2010, 05:59 PM
http://www.smnnews.com/2010/01/08/rockstar-energy-mayhem-festival-2010-bands-and-lineup/#comments

rumored bands include:
LAMB OF GOD
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
AS I LAY DYING
UNEARTH
MUTINY WITHIN
OTEP
MNEMIC
WHITECHAPEL

i really doubt KsE and Whitechapel will be on as they were on last years. LOG, AILD, Unearth and Mnemic would be cool to see though. i haven't heard much of Munity Within, and Otep was pretty lame the 2x i've seen them before.

mankvill
01-08-2010, 06:05 PM
http://www.smnnews.com/2010/01/08/rockstar-energy-mayhem-festival-2010-bands-and-lineup/#comments

rumored bands include:
LAMB OF GOD
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
AS I LAY DYING
UNEARTH
MUTINY WITHIN
OTEP
MNEMIC
WHITECHAPEL

i really doubt KsE and Whitechapel will be on as they were on last years. LOG, AILD, Unearth and Mnemic would be cool to see though. i haven't heard much of Munity Within, and Otep was pretty lame the 2x i've seen them before.

hahahaha oh lord that is even worse than the rumored bill from Blabbermouth

davidis138
01-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Went for Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, and Behemoth. Stayed for Manson just for the fuck of it. I probably won't be goin to Glen Helen this year if any of these lineups are true :tp:

Fires Of Sedition
01-09-2010, 01:00 AM
I might think about going. Mainly to piss white chapel off some more.

mastodon421
01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I might think about going. Mainly to piss white chapel off some more.

Whitechapel is playing every date of the Warped Tour so you will go to that to terrorize them and I know Unearth is taking a break from touring (i think) after the Atticus Metal Tour and KSE clearly won't be back on it they played it last year so I doubt that rumor posted is true. The Blabbermouth one is a lot more logical and I wouldn't be surprised if that one was true.

Metal_Head
01-09-2010, 03:15 PM
The Blabbermouth rumor list is pretty reliable, the other one posted is not. I'm pretty excited to see the lineup. If OTEP's on it this year I'll be a little irritated, they're by far one of the worst bands in existence.

b_halperin
01-09-2010, 05:35 PM
The Blabbermouth rumor list is pretty reliable, the other one posted is not. I'm pretty excited to see the lineup. If OTEP's on it this year I'll be a little irritated, they're by far one of the worst bands in existence.

so true

Fires Of Sedition
01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
If OTEP's on it this year I'll be a little irritated, they're by far one of the worst bands in existence.

Very true. And they think they are THE shit.

mankvill
01-11-2010, 08:24 PM
SMNnews is saying Meshuggah and In This Moment are on it.

If any of these rumored line-ups have any weight behind them, it looks like Mayhem Fest isn't trying to be a good metal festival, but just looking to take away "Ozzfest bands" from Ozzfest.

xStructualDefect
01-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Meshuggah would be cool to see. i could care less about In This Moment tho. some guy posted as a comment saying KsE, DevilDriver, ITM, and Down are gonna be on Ozzfest and that the lineup is being announced the 15th. that seems pretty reliable.

idrinkwine732
01-11-2010, 08:32 PM
With Meshuggah there, I'm probably there. But each and every other band on there mentioned so far is pretty much shit.

mankvill
01-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Meshuggah would be cool to see. i could care less about In This Moment tho. some guy posted as a comment saying KsE, DevilDriver, ITM, and Down are gonna be on Ozzfest and that the lineup is being announced the 15th. that seems pretty reliable.

Ozzfest having KsE, DevilDriver, In This Moment, and Down.
Mayhem Fest having Korn, Lamb Of God, As I Lay Dying, etc.

I'd be more inclined to go to Ozzfest, but not very inclined overall.

b_halperin
01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
If Meshuggah's on it I'm there no doubt.

xStructualDefect
01-11-2010, 09:12 PM
i'll go to both fests no matter what the lineups are. i can have a great fun time no matter who's playing (unless it's someone reaaally laame). last year i primarily went for Black Dahlia Murder but i had a fun time throughout the entire show. i'm sure i'll have a fun time at both fests. if i like at least a few bands on the lineup a good amount that just makes the show a lot more fun for myself.

rjturtle9
01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
i'll go to both fests no matter what the lineups are. i can have a great fun time no matter who's playing (unless it's someone reaaally laame). last year i primarily went for Black Dahlia Murder but i had a fun time throughout the entire show. i'm sure i'll have a fun time at both fests. if i like at least a few bands on the lineup a good amount that just makes the show a lot more fun for myself.

:fist:

mankvill
01-11-2010, 10:27 PM

Yeah, that's true as well. I don't think I've ever been to a bad music festival, simply because the atmosphere, the booths, and at least SOME good music can make the day worth it.

Fires Of Sedition
01-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Yeah, that's true as well. I don't think I've ever been to a bad music festival, simply because the atmosphere, the booths, and at least SOME good music can make the day worth it.

I've only been to Edgefest (Tulsa thing) and Gigantour. No good fests come around here. Sounds Of The Underground came through like 4 years ago, but I missed it and they haven't came back since.

mankvill
01-12-2010, 01:25 AM
I've only been to Edgefest (Tulsa thing) and Gigantour. No good fests come around here. Sounds Of The Underground came through like 4 years ago, but I missed it and they haven't came back since.

My fests:

Wakarusa (The Flaming Lips, Blackalicious, Galactic, Cake, Mates Of State, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, etc.)
Warped tour 2008 (mc chris, Reel Big Fish, Rise Against, a ton more)
Ozzfest 2007 (ChthoniC, 3 Inches Of Blood, Behemoth, Nile)
Mayhem 2009 (Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, etc.)
American Waste Fest (if it counts) (Testament, Skeletonwitch, Hammerlord, Troglodyte)

If Wakarusa was still in Kansas, I'd have my tickets already.

daimonos
01-16-2010, 01:05 PM
I just like the metal festivals in general I guess, even if I don't like all the bands. So as long as ONE good band is there I will go, so I'm counting on going to both Ozzfest and Mayhem. I do hope Ozzfest will be as good as it used to be though...that would be great :light:

xStructualDefect
01-16-2010, 03:45 PM
I just like the metal festivals in general I guess, even if I don't like all the bands. So as long as ONE good band is there I will go, so I'm counting on going to both Ozzfest and Mayhem. I do hope Ozzfest will be as good as it used to be though...that would be great :light:

exactly how i am. metal festivals, or even festivals in general like warped tour are always fun. the atmosphere is great. even if you don't like alot of bands on it it's still a lot of fun. all i ask for is at least a band or two i like on each festival so i have a band or two to look forward to.

idrinkwine732
01-16-2010, 04:40 PM
I love going to fests, as long as the music is tolerable. For example, I can't go to Warped, because just walking around and going to the booths is sorta ruined by the music. But y'know, walking around Mayhem is fine, because God Forbid is tolerable.

mankvill
01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
I love going to fests, as long as the music is tolerable. For example, I can't go to Warped, because just walking around and going to the booths is sorta ruined by the music. But y'know, walking around Mayhem is fine, because God Forbid is tolerable.

Andrew W.K. on this years Warped = fuck yes.

TonyD
01-17-2010, 12:06 AM
I don't know if this is news, but a friend who is at NAMM right now told me that Korn and Rob Zombie are confirmed.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-17-2010, 01:03 AM
I don't know if this is news, but a friend who is at NAMM right now told me that Korn and Rob Zombie are confirmed.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11926&page=5

Ozzfest looks better than Mayhem Fest IMO...

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-17-2010, 09:25 AM

Yay...:tp::tp::tp:

xStructualDefect
01-17-2010, 02:45 PM

i'm really stoked for Korn. they've been my favorite band still after 9 years. Rob Zombie should be cool too as well.

even with these bands i'd still like to see some extreme metal bands on the second stages. some suggestions in my opinion could be:
Meshuggah, Arch Enemy, As I Lay Dying, Unearth, Static-X, Kalmah, Ensiferum, Darkest Hour, Children of Bodom, DevilDriver, Between the Buried and Me, etc.

mankvill
01-17-2010, 03:01 PM

Yuck. I'd stay for Rob Zombie if he wasn't headlining.

rjturtle9
01-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Korn and Rob Zombie headlining is a great downgrade from the last two years IMO. I'd probably still go but i really wanna see who else is on this tour.

mankvill
01-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Korn and Rob Zombie headlining is a great downgrade from the last two years IMO. I'd probably still go but i really wanna see who else is on this tour.

I think Rob Zombie is better than Marilyn Manson, Slipknot and Disturbed. I think I'd rather see Korn than Disturbed or Marilyn Manson, but would probably have more fun if it was Slipknot.

I hope the rest of the slots are filled with something awesome.

JuuKun
01-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I think Rob Zombie is better than Marilyn Manson, Slipknot and Disturbed. I think I'd rather see Korn than Disturbed or Marilyn Manson, but would probably have more fun if it was Slipknot.

Rob Zombie is definitely better than MM, Slipknot, or Disturbed, and I wouldn't mind seeing Korn, but IMO Disturbed are really good live.

rjturtle9
01-17-2010, 08:50 PM

same here.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-18-2010, 02:05 AM
Roadrunner Records has a band slotted in the same spot every year, Kse, Dragonforce... Rob Zombie is with RR and it wouldn't suprise me to see Lamb of God coheadline with Korn... I think they are the more popular band as of right now...

Metal_Head
01-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Announcement should be coming tomorow, I'm pretty excited to see who's gonna be on it.

TonyD
01-19-2010, 11:09 AM
but IMO Disturbed are really good live.

That's what I thought, but they were pretty lame at the first Mayhem fest.

MusicDude415
01-20-2010, 06:26 AM
The full line-up is now up...

Main Stage: Korn, Rob Zombie, Lamb of God, FFDP
Mayhem Stage: Atreyu, Norma Jean, 3IOB, In This Moment
Jager Stage: Hatebreed, Chimaira, Shadows Fall, Winds of Plague

IMO, I think its a pretty decent line-up. I for one will be there.

Derelict
01-20-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm not saying the last two years were anything special (I went last year just to see Behemoth, Slayer, and to drink beer in the sun), but that lineup is horrific.

Chyck
01-20-2010, 07:14 AM
:wallbang: Dammit.

Well, at least I'll have a nu-metal friend who'll be willing to go with me this year? Look on the bright side, right... while vomiting up my skull

:wallbang:

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-20-2010, 07:26 AM
What a fantastic line-up :tp:

I'm still probably gonna end up going, the experience is really fun and I love the environment. Besides, I would love to see Rob Zombie, LOG, 3 Inches Of Blood, and Chimaira again.

Compared to last year's good bands, this year's good bands fail hard.

idrinkwine732
01-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Probably not going this year now.

andrew_metalhead
01-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Lineup fuckin sucks. The only bands I really like are Lamb Of God and 3 Inches of Blood.

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Lineup fuckin sucks. The only bands I really like are Lamb Of God and 3 Inches of Blood.

Holy shit, for Andrew to say the lineup sucks, that's saying something :lol:

DethMaiden
01-20-2010, 07:59 AM
The full line-up is now up...

IMO, I think its a pretty decent line-up. I for one will be there.

LOL

Rob Zombie=good
3IOB=used to be good
The rest = LOL

andrew_metalhead
01-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Holy shit, for Andrew to say the lineup sucks, that's saying something :lol:

Lol yeah dude .. normally I would be the last person to say that a band/lineup sucks. I try to enjoy the show and find as many positives as I can.

mayhem 66
01-20-2010, 08:00 AM
hopefully it cheap because i would only go to the main lineup. to bad hatebreed not later and i think they could have found a better band than ffdp they played at the rmf before but they played first at jagger stage:mad:

no good supporting bands what a disappointing lineups

main reason lamb of god and rob zombie i could care less about korn mabe i can throw something at them:bouville:

John The Drummer
01-20-2010, 08:27 AM
What a weak line up. So much metalcore on it now. Oh well, guess I'll save some money :D

DethMaiden
01-20-2010, 08:28 AM
P.S. Rockstar stage and Jager stage = two douchiest beverages on earth.

ChildrenofSodom
01-20-2010, 08:43 AM
LOL

Rob Zombie=good
3IOB=used to be good
The rest = LOL

Shadows Fall are good....and they're one step above Winds of Plague. :mad:

Chyck
01-20-2010, 08:54 AM
hopefully it cheap

So only going if I can score those $10 tix. The festival atmosphere is about the only thing I want to go for.

mayhem 66
01-20-2010, 09:07 AM
So only going if I can score those $10 tix. The festival atmosphere is about the only thing I want to go for.

Every one wants to see lamb of god
10$ would be nice:tongue:
slipknot+disturbed year rockstar gave us tickets for the seats in the stage we paid for the grass area with no seats and very far away with speakers of chorse:rocker:
best tour i ever gone to:light:
good bands that year unlike this year
Jul. 20 - Maryland Heights, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Aug. 06 - Tinley Park, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Tinley Park, IL getting alot of tours
i am verry pumped at very close tour were i live sooo cool

Natrlhi
01-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Every one wants to see lamb of god
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wrong.

:LOLFC:

Metal_Head
01-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Pretty good lineup, not nearly as good as last year's or the year before however. The Mayhem Stage is pretty weak, Atreyu and In This Moment? Fuck that.

rjturtle9
01-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Korn
Rob Zombie
Lamb of God
3IOB
Hatebreed
Chimaira

These make me wanna go. Mainly 3 Inches of Blood and Rob Zombie though, and Lamb of God are fun live. Chimaira too but I've seen them like 5 times now so they're at the bottom of the who i would like to see lists. The rest is shit.

mastodon421
01-20-2010, 09:52 AM
The Mayhem stage is fail minus 3IOB besides that pretty good.

IrritatedTrout
01-20-2010, 10:08 AM
That lineup is a fucking joke.

Natrlhi
01-20-2010, 10:18 AM
That lineup is a fucking joke.

:agree:

mankvill
01-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Terrible fucking lineup. It's not even coming here. Thank God.

TonyD
01-20-2010, 10:35 AM
I would be down for 10-15 bucks, especially because it seems like there aren't many shows to go to during summer anymore (because of these tours).
I'd like to see Zombie, LoG :finger:, 3IOB and Chimaira, but that's like putting turkey and cheese on a shit sandwich.

mankvill
01-20-2010, 10:39 AM
LOL

Rob Zombie=good
3IOB=used to be good
The rest = LOL

Korn = Would be fun for about 2 songs, then sucks ass.
Rob Zombie = Would be fun.
Lamb of God = Sucks ass.
Five Finger Death Punch = Quite possibly the worst band on this bill, even worse than Lamb of God. Holy shit.

Atreyu = I had no idea these guys were even still around. Would be fun for the first 10 seconds of that song from Burnout, then sucks ass.
Norma Jean = I would like to see them, but definitely not on Mayhem Fest. Would suck ass.
3 Inches Of Blood = Kicked ass when I saw them at Ozzfest, but I heard they aren't nearly as good now.
In This Moment = Would way rather see them on a different tour.

Hatebreed = Might be fun.
Chimaira = Never listened to them. :3
Shadows Fall = Might be fun.
Winds of Plague = Sucks fucking ass.

So I'd go for about 2.3125 bands.

kevindeets
01-20-2010, 10:48 AM
I actually like all the bands on the bill except 5FDP, Atreyu, and Winds of Plague.

I think this tour will be fun to go to b/c of the diversity of the bill. It covers a lot of the hard rock "genres," if you will. KoRn was one of the biggest nu-metal bands, and they're sharing the main stage w/ Lamb of God, who is pretty much the opposite of that. Rob Zombie is just a fantastic live performer. Hatebreed was the most influential hardcore band for me in terms of getting me to listen to other bands I would've never heard of. Then you've got metalcore bands like Chimaira, Shadows Fall, and In This Moment. Throw in a screaming band like Norma Jean and the old-school vibe of 3 Inches of Blood, and that's a pretty good variety. Plus, all those bands are solid live. I am looking forward to a good time at this tour.

rjturtle9
01-20-2010, 10:50 AM
KoRn was one of the biggest nu-metal bands, and they're sharing the main stage w/ Lamb of God, who is pretty much the opposite of that.

hmm... :hmm:

mankvill
01-20-2010, 10:53 AM
It covers a lot of the hard rock "genres,"

Which suck ass. Why not just make Staind headline so this festival can be the worst in existence?

I'd rather go to Bamboozle.

TonyD
01-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Korn = Would be fun for about 2 songs, then sucks ass.

Lamb of God = Sucks ass.

Norma Jean = I would like to see them, but definitely not on Mayhem Fest. Would suck ass.

In This Moment = Would way rather see them on a different tour.

Hatebreed = Might be fun.

You make no fucking sense.

andrew_metalhead
01-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Lamb of God = Sucks ass.

:finger2:

mankvill
01-20-2010, 11:15 AM
You make no fucking sense.

Don't get me wrong, In This Moment and Hatebreed still suck fucking ass, but they'd be better on regular tours with better bands.

And Norma Jean's first album is awesome, u just mad.

edit: lol nvm, In This Moment does just plain suck ass.

makethemsuffer12
01-20-2010, 11:49 AM
And Norma Jean's first album is awesome, u just mad.

I stopped reading here.

AnglOvDeth
01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Mayhem 2010 = FAIL.

Bring on Ozzfest.

JuuKun
01-20-2010, 12:15 PM
I can go without seeing LoG for the fifth time. They were alright live the first two times then it got old.

I saw 3IOB twice in 07, but they're not so good these days. I'd still give them a shot though, won't lie. I'm pissed that I gave up the chance to see them headline at a small local venue back then, it was an offdate to some tour they were doing (but I forget which).

Shadows Fall I've seen twice and were good the first, terrible the second, and seeing Chimaira wouldn't be terrible. I'd really like to see Zombie and Korn would be amusing.

Hey, look at that: One band I really want to see (Rob Zombie) and a bunch of bands that I'll watch but wouldn't be upset about missing. Just like last year's lineup for me, then. Might go.

mankvill
01-20-2010, 12:44 PM
I stopped reading here.

psh whuteva nig

Sanitarium78
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't think this lineup is too bad at all. Though like with last year when I questioned Manson headlining over Slayer, I question the same thing this year with Korn over Zombie. Zombie should be headling just based on the fact of how good of a stage show he has live. It's a tough act to follow. Plus, i'm not so sure if Korn is more popular than Zombie right now. Epecially when you factor in the success of Zombie's last two films. His name has got more buzz around it in general right now I think.

I like LOG but them on the mainstage isn't right at all. An amplitheater/arena setting doesn't fit their music. They need to be on the one of the side stages where everyone can mosh it up for them.

I've always liked Shadows Fall and it's cool to see them on the bill. Hatebreed on the second stage will be great. I wanna go to this just to see how nuts the crowd goes for them. In This Moments first album was good I thought but i'm not sure what they were doing with that second one. Plus, Maria Brink's voice is horribly inconsistant live but at least she's nice to look at.

I'll deffinately go to this if it comes near me at all.

davidis138
01-20-2010, 01:56 PM

So that's one less ticket I have to buy this year :tp:

I wouldn't mind seeing Zombie but I'll catch him on his next tour. And Korn would be ok for a few songs and a few laughs but meh

Jochen
01-20-2010, 02:00 PM
I might go for Zombie and LOG, everyone else sucks or I just don't care, and Kristen Randall isn't in Winds of Plague anymore, so no good eye candy on this tour.

MunicipalWasted
01-20-2010, 02:28 PM
(Please note, this is coming from a 2-year Mayhem nerd)

WOW.

I knew it was going to be bad before I heard the rumors but I still planned on going. This is the ultimate shitfest. Honestly, I could say I'd like to see LoG and 3IOB play again but I've both seen them already. And as I was too busy bitching to a couple of friends on how shitty this lineup is, I relised it wasn't even coming here.

FUCK YOU MAYHEM FEST.

JRA
01-20-2010, 02:35 PM
This lineup is so bad it makes me hate capitalism.

mankvill
01-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Let's be honest here. A tour like Mayhem Fest is never going to have bands like Morbid Angel, Immortal, Marduk, etc. on it, but couldn't they have picked a few better bands?

Hell, even Amon Amarth and Motorhead would've made this tour a must-see.

rjturtle9
01-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Let's be honest here. A tour like Mayhem Fest is never going to have bands like Morbid Angel, Immortal, Marduk, etc. on it, but couldn't they have picked a few better bands?

Hell, even Amon Amarth and Motorhead would've made this tour a must-see.

Warbringer, Chthonic, Municipal Waste, Toxic holocaust, Lazarus A.D.?????

mankvill
01-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Warbringer, Chthonic, Municipal Waste, Toxic holocaust, Lazarus A.D.?????

Would be legendary. But would never happen.

rjturtle9
01-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Would be legendary. But would never happen.

They should make it the third stage at ozzfest and call it the Turtle stage :rocker:

xStructualDefect
01-20-2010, 03:29 PM
geez some people bitch way too much. i admit the lineup isn't that great but i'm going anyways because i know i'll have a really fun time. kevindeets has a really good point this tour does have a lot of variety in it.

and of course Mayhem Fest isn't gonna have bands like Marduk and Immortal, were some people really expecting extreme metal bands like them to be on Mayhem? i was actually really suprised when Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse were playing last year. that actually gave a reason for all the "true" metalheads to go to the tour last year.

i really think they could've done better with the second stages though, and definently could've done better than 5FDP, In This Moment, Atreyu and Norma Jean. i was thinking maybe some bands like Darkest Hour, Arch Enemy, Municpal Waste, DevilDriver, Unearth, or As I Lay Dying. all very reasonable great bands that could've been on 2nd stage. oh well maybe Ozzfest will have much better 2nd stage bands.

anyways i'm pretty stoked. all the main stage bands should be ace (except 5FDP). i'm looking forward to Shadows Fall a lot. not a big fan of any but Chimaria, Hatebreed, and 3IOB should be very fun to see. i don't care about the rest but i'll watch them with an open mind unlike most people.

TonyD
01-20-2010, 03:41 PM
They should make it the third stage at ozzfest and call it the Turtle stage :rocker:

Let's hope Ozzfest can pull something decent out of Sharons ass this year or 2010 will be the summer of Failfests

Indestructible
01-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Rob Zombie
Lamb of God
FFDP
In This Moment
Hatebreed
Shadows Fall

It would be cool to see these bands.

mankvill
01-20-2010, 04:35 PM
i don't care about the rest but i'll watch them with an open mind unlike most people.

I've already seen most of them with an open mind and they suck complete dicks.

b_halperin
01-20-2010, 04:39 PM
lamb of god's my favorite band, so i would go no matter who else is on the lineup.

Chimaira is always fun. Hatebreed really gets me into their live shows.

I'd really love to see 3 Inches of Blood.

Rob Zombie would be cool to see I guess.

Korn sucks...

Winds of Plagues gay.

fuck atreyu and winds of plague

who gives a shit about in this moment?

five finger death punch was ok but new album is horrendus.

Shadows Fall i could care less about. They're good but who cares.

andd.... norma jeans gay

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-20-2010, 04:42 PM
lamb of god's my favorite band, so i would go no matter who else is on the lineup.

Chimaira is always fun. Hatebreed really gets me into their live shows.

I'd really love to see 3 Inches of Blood.

Rob Zombie would be cool to see I guess.

Korn sucks...

Winds of Plagues gay.

fuck atreyu and winds of plague

who gives a shit about in this moment?

five finger death punch was ok but new album is horrendus.

Shadows Fall i could care less about. They're good but who cares.

andd.... norma jeans gay

Hit the nail on the head. With everything. Kudos :horns:

xStructualDefect
01-20-2010, 05:04 PM
I've already seen most of them with an open mind and they suck complete dicks.

well i mean open mind as in instead of immediately trying to find things to hate about a band that aren't respected in the "true metal" community, like a lot of people do, i find things that i like about the band even if i don't like their music.

what bands have you seen from the lineup which you thought sucked?

Indestructible
01-20-2010, 05:10 PM
I like the lineup this year unlike last year. The only band on mayhem 2010 I dont care for is korn the rest of the bands I like or dont know but still am interested in seeing. I hope this comes to Buffalo or close to it.

makethemsuffer12
01-20-2010, 05:13 PM
I like the lineup this year unlike last year. The only band on mayhem 2010 I dont care for is korn the rest of the bands I like or dont know but still am interested in seeing. I hope this comes to Buffalo or close to it.

There is something wrong with you.

mastodon421
01-20-2010, 05:20 PM
This lineup is for sure not as good as last years but its really not too bad. Korn and Zombie are good headliners. 5FDP isnt anything special but they are good live. 3 Inches Of Blood is also pretty great

Lamb Of God and Hatebreed are two of the best live bands I have ever seen. Chimaria and Shadows Fall I have wanted to see for quite some time. I enjoy Winds Of Plague they are imo the best deathcore band.

Atreyu,Norma Jean and In This Moment are all fail but it could be worse. At least BMTH and Emmure aren't on it.

idrinkwine732
01-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I'll be the first to say, I enjoy some -core bands. I think they can be fun. But what they did with this lineup is fuck everyone who doesn't like a lot of core over.

Indestructible
01-20-2010, 05:43 PM
There is something wrong with you.

No there isnt. I like the line up for this years Mayhemfest better than last years Mayhemfest. How could I of done something so wrong like think for myself and not bitch about all the bands on mayhem this year like some of the others.

mankvill
01-20-2010, 05:47 PM
No there isnt. I like the line up for this years Mayhemfest better than last years Mayhemfest. How could I of done something so wrong like thinking for myself and not bitching about all the bands on mayhem this year like some of the others.

because UR WRONG

Metal_Head
01-20-2010, 05:51 PM
because UR WRONG
Stop crying about the fest, we heard you the first 10 times. If you hate it so much, here's a simple solution: DON'T FUCKING GO. Easy as that.

Indestructible
01-20-2010, 05:56 PM
because UR WRONG

There is a diffrence between wrong and opinon and like me and someothers have said if you dont like the bands on mayhemfest this year dont fucking go.

Sanitarium78
01-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Stop crying about the fest, we heard you the first 10 times. If you hate it so much, here's a simple solution: DON'T FUCKING GO. Easy as that.

Exactly, going on and on about how much you hate it is annoying. I really don't know what people were expecting for a lineup. They have to do what sells tickets. The mainstage acts and Hatebreed are all popular enough in general in the metal world that they will be able to do just that.

I know there's a lot of extreme/death metal fans here but those bands don't sell and don't have name recognition for most people. Mayhem fest has to fill amphitheaters and while these bands are gifted musically they don't have the general public saying "man, I really need to see them." The formula is real simple: no name recognition = low ticket sales.

They need more than just the true metalheads (who that covers is a matter of opinion to some) to go to this. They need regular or casual metal fans to attend as well in order to make the tour successful financially. That's why you get more well known acts for this tour. I'm just glad that they're doing something like this for any type of metal acts at all. It's a positive for the genre in general and it helps get more people into metal and more importantly it brings metal fans together.

mankvill
01-20-2010, 07:09 PM
There is a diffrence between wrong and opinon and like me and someothers have said if you dont like the bands on mayhemfest this year dont fucking go.

psh it ain't even comin' here this year

Metal_Head
01-20-2010, 07:11 PM
psh it ain't even comin' here this year
So then what does the fest even matter to you? Stop bitching about it, nobody cares what you think.

mankvill
01-20-2010, 07:12 PM
So then what does the fest even matter to you? Stop bitching about it, nobody cares what you think.

I'm not going to stop bitching about it. :D

Shitty fest is fucking shitty.

rjturtle9
01-20-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm not going to stop bitching about it. :D

Shitty fest is fucking shitty.

:lol:

Wizzbang11
01-20-2010, 08:08 PM
The only thing I would sit through is 3IOB, I've seen them 4 times, don't need to again.
Plus the new album was a letdown, and their setlists of late have been pretty shitty.

I don't think I would actually go if I were given a ticket, honestly.

IrritatedTrout
01-20-2010, 08:10 PM
I've noticed that the -core and nu-metal enthusiasts always call out the haters as "tr00 metal elitists", which is almost always not the case. It's not that we were expecting Zgoynthatic, the one-man band from Croatia whose whole discography consists of 1 demo tape recorded on 8-track in their bedroom, to headline. We don't hate this lineup because it's "mainstream", we hate it because (and I can't say this without someone responding with "loluropinion")... well, nu-metal and -core are unoriginal, stagnant, and fucking annoying genres.

That said, LoG is decent (although abysmally disappointing when I saw them open for Metallica, they were so much better in 06). 3IOB is cool, I used to like some of their songs. Rob Zombie is decent I suppose, never been a fan and never will be but whatever.

mankvill
01-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I've noticed that the -core and nu-metal enthusiasts always call out the haters as "tr00 metal elitists", which is almost always not the case. It's not that we were expecting Zgoynthatic, the one-man band from Croatia whose whole discography consists of 1 demo tape recorded on 8-track in their bedroom, to headline. We don't hate this lineup because it's "mainstream", we hate it because (and I can't say this without someone responding with "loluropinion")... well, nu-metal and -core are unoriginal, stagnant, and fucking annoying genres.

That said, LoG is decent (although abysmally disappointing when I saw them open for Metallica, they were so much better in 06). 3IOB is cool, I used to like some of their songs. Rob Zombie is decent I suppose, never been a fan and never will be but whatever.

:fist:

brb, downloadin' some croatian black metal.

bt11763
01-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Exactly, going on and on about how much you hate it is annoying. I really don't know what people were expecting for a lineup. They have to do what sells tickets. The mainstage acts and Hatebreed are all popular enough in general in the metal world that they will be able to do just that.

I know there's a lot of extreme/death metal fans here but those bands don't sell and don't have name recognition for most people. Mayhem fest has to fill amphitheaters and while these bands are gifted musically they don't have the general public saying "man, I really need to see them." The formula is real simple: no name recognition = low ticket sales.

They need more than just the true metalheads (who that covers is a matter of opinion to some) to go to this. They need regular or casual metal fans to attend as well in order to make the tour successful financially. That's why you get more well known acts for this tour. I'm just glad that they're doing something like this for any type of metal acts at all. It's a positive for the genre in general and it helps get more people into metal and more importantly it brings metal fans together.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IVI5W8Eg3Gs/SI8lYL-M6jI/AAAAAAAAABE/hJEyACF7rNQ/s320/YouMad.jpg

JuuKun
01-20-2010, 08:53 PM
It's not just a "THIS LINEUP SUCKS, FUCK" complaint. Like IrritatedTrout was saying, it's not like we expected some super kvlt black metal bands to headline, but last year atleast had Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, and Slayer for the "true" metal fans, with all the -core acts. This year is almost exclusively nu-metal and -core bands. Atleast past years tried to have a bit of variation. I don't know exactly how this might effect ticket sales either. Cause, let's be honest here: do you think most of those -core bands are pulling in entirely different fanbases? Except in maybe a select few cases, I'm willing to bet a lot of the people that come for Chimaira will also be the people coming for Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, etc etc. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone, but as far as the masses go?

xStructualDefect
01-20-2010, 09:17 PM

if this was directed towards me, i wasn't saying people were expecting those type of bands to headline. i'm saying people shouldn't expect not well known extreme metal bands to be on the 2nd stages just because Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse were on last year. and i guess liking some -core and nu-metal bands makes me a -core and nu-metal enthusiast :tp: but honestly from what i've seen for the past few years, for the most part the haters usually are the "tr00 metal elitists."

i reaaally think Atreyu and Norma Jean don't belong on this fest at all. they should've taken them off and put on some "tr00" bands just so everyone is happy.

IrritatedTrout
01-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Not directed at anyone in particular BTW. Just a trend I've noticed.

xStructualDefect
01-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Not directed at anyone in particular BTW. Just a trend I've noticed.

my mistake then i thought it was. just irritates me when "tr00" metalheads bash so much. there's a handful of bands i can't stand that i'd probably get shit for (Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, and majority of death metal acts), but i never bash them. everyone has different tastes and a handful of people like those bands.

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-21-2010, 08:23 AM

Absolutely true. Couldn't have said it better myself :fist:

mastodon421
01-21-2010, 08:35 AM
if this was directed towards me, i wasn't saying people were expecting those type of bands to headline. i'm saying people shouldn't expect not well known extreme metal bands to be on the 2nd stages just because Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse were on last year. and i guess liking some -core and nu-metal bands makes me a -core and nu-metal enthusiast :tp: but honestly from what i've seen for the past few years, for the most part the haters usually are the "tr00 metal elitists."

i reaaally think Atreyu and Norma Jean don't belong on this fest at all. they should've taken them off and put on some "tr00" bands just so everyone is happy.

100% agree. I mean this fest could defintley use a couple of "trOO" bands on it but I am pretty satisfied with this lineup. Clearly I wish Atreyu,Norma Jean and In This Moment wern't on the tour and they could defintley get a better main stage opener than 5FDP but just because you like bands like Hatebreed and Lamb Of God doesn't make you a poser or not a metalhead.

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-21-2010, 08:56 AM
100% agree. I mean this fest could defintley use a couple of "trOO" bands on it but I am pretty satisfied with this lineup. Clearly I wish Atreyu,Norma Jean and In This Moment wern't on the tour and they could defintley get a better main stage opener than 5FDP but just because you like bands like Hatebreed and Lamb Of God doesn't make you a poser or not a metalhead.

The critiques that we're giving aren't accusing anyone of not being a metalhead or being a poser, those self-defense comments were only brought in because someone brought in the concept of "tr00". The whole point WE were bringing up was to say none of us care about how "tr00" it is whatsoever, and we weren't really thinking Anaal Nathrakh, Carcass, or Zonaria were gonna be on this festival line-up. We just see this festival line-up as sucking ass due to the two prominent genres: -core and nu-metal. And now I'm just regurgitating Irritated Trout, but those two genres are stale, boring, repetitive, and annoying. There's no variation except for a few bands, and there is no "tr00" bullshit we are speaking of. The lineup is just fail for other reasons, and it's an unavoidable end.

mastodon421
01-21-2010, 08:58 AM
The critiques that we're giving aren't accusing anyone of not being a metalhead or being a poser, those self-defense comments were only brought in because someone brought in the concept of "tr00". The whole point WE were bringing up was to say none of us care about how "tr00" it is whatsoever, and we weren't really thinking Anaal Nathrakh, Carcass, or Zonaria were gonna be on this festival line-up. We just see this festival line-up as sucking ass due to the two prominent genres: -core and nu-metal. And now I'm just regurgitating Irritated Trout, but those two genres are stale, boring, repetitive, and annoying. There's no variation except for a few bands, and there is no "tr00" bullshit we are speaking of. The lineup is just fail for other reasons, and it's an unavoidable end.

My bad I misunderstood. btw does anyone know when the Ozzfest/Summer Slaughter lineups come out?

Metal_Head
01-21-2010, 09:49 AM
How is nu metal a prominent genre on this fest? The only nu metal band is Korn...

bt11763
01-21-2010, 11:31 AM
My bad I misunderstood. btw does anyone know when the Ozzfest/Summer Slaughter lineups come out?

yeah i am wondering the same thing, does anyone know?

TonyD
01-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Usually late Feb, early March for Ozzfest.

How is nu metal a prominent genre on this fest? The only nu metal band is Korn...

I think they mean metalcore, check your sig for details.

mankvill
01-21-2010, 12:43 PM

Summer Slaughter was announced on April 1st last year.

Derelict
01-21-2010, 12:46 PM
i just blew up the bathroom at work

Metal_Head
01-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Usually late Feb, early March for Ozzfest.

I think they mean metalcore, check your sig for details.
Winds of Plague ain't metalcore chief.

makethemsuffer12
01-21-2010, 01:50 PM

Yea they're even worse: deathcore

Natrlhi
01-21-2010, 01:54 PM

Yeah, they are, rookie. They are deathcore, which is a sub-genre of metalcore (and the most abhorrent one, I must say). :rolleyes:

TonyD
01-21-2010, 01:55 PM

HA

Natrlhi
01-21-2010, 01:55 PM
i just blew up the bathroom at work

Thanks for the update.

Metal_Head
01-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Deathcore is a subgenre of death metal too...to call Winds of Plague simply metalcore would be incorrect.

mankvill
01-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Deathcore is a subgenre of death metal too...to call Winds of Plague simply metalcore would be incorrect.

10% death metal, 90% metalcore.

Natrlhi
01-21-2010, 02:32 PM
10% death metal, 90% metalcore.

100% dogshit.

makethemsuffer12
01-21-2010, 02:37 PM
100% dogshit.

:agree:

smearCampaign
01-21-2010, 02:43 PM
100% dogshit.

+1

Metal_Head
01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Not to keep the argument going, but Johnny Plague doesn't do metalcore screams too often...mostly death growls...can't forget the symphonic elements in their music either. :D

mankvill
01-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Not to keep the argument going, but Johnny Plague doesn't do metalcore screams too often...mostly death growls...can't forget the symphonic elements in their music either. :D

Pig squeals ain't death growls.

Metal_Head
01-21-2010, 03:08 PM
They also aren't screams though broski.

mankvill
01-21-2010, 03:09 PM
They also aren't screams though broski.

?

Did you just refute your own argument or what?

mastodon421
01-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Guilty of being a Winds Of Plague supporter:D

mankvill
01-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Guilty of being a Winds Of Plague supporter:D

I've only heard them live, never their studio stuff and while they definitely aren't as terrible as other deathcore bands, they are still pretty fucking bad.

mastodon421
01-21-2010, 03:19 PM
I've only heard them live, never their studio stuff and while they definitely aren't as terrible as other deathcore bands, they are still pretty fucking bad.

I can completely understand why you hate them and you proably shouldn't check out their studio stuff. I enjoy them because of their refreshing take on deathcore. They are one of the 6-8 deathcore bands I actually like.

Natrlhi
01-21-2010, 03:38 PM

Exactly this for me too.

DethMaiden
01-21-2010, 03:49 PM
I can completely understand why you hate them and you proably shouldn't check out their studio stuff. I enjoy them because of their refreshing take on deathcore. They are one of the 6-8 deathcore bands I actually like.

There's more than six to eight deathcore bands that exist? Jesus Christ. :barf:

Natrlhi
01-21-2010, 03:58 PM

:lol: I lol'ed. Twice.

Derelict
01-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the update.

Thought it was pertinent to this thread

bt11763
01-21-2010, 04:17 PM

doin' it wrong.

there's wayyyyyyy to many deathcore bands that exist.

but i'm on the fence about winds of plague, however there are deathcore bands that i like :eyes::eyes:

Indestructible
01-21-2010, 05:30 PM
The few winds of plague songs ive heard are nothing special. Atleast he has a understandable growl.

TonyD
01-21-2010, 05:36 PM
:wallbang:

Bergman101
01-23-2010, 10:39 PM
the only "deathcore" bands I like are Despised Icon, Winds of Plague, All Shall Perish, Whitechapel, old Job For A Cowboy and Suicide Silence is like a guilty pleasure. Also, I'm super stoked for this years Mayhem Fest, theres like 3 bands I don't like on this line-up.

mastodon421
01-24-2010, 10:27 AM
the only "deathcore" bands I like are Despised Icon, Winds of Plague, All Shall Perish, Whitechapel, old Job For A Cowboy and Suicide Silence is like a guilty pleasure. Also, I'm super stoked for this years Mayhem Fest, theres like 3 bands I don't like on this line-up.

Pretty much the same for me It's Winds Of Plague,All Shall Perish,Whitechapel,Despised Icon,A Different Breed Of Killer,The Acacia Strian and Moltov Solution

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-24-2010, 12:47 PM
I've heard a few more rumblings of tour info. I am hearing that Ozzfest will be a destination festival or out on a limited run, like 10 or 15 shows. My best source says it will be a destination festival again which makes sense seeing as In This Moment is manged by Ozzy's bassist and they are on another summer metal festival.

There is another metal festival yet to be announced. I am hoping since the Slayer/Megadeth/Testament tour has been canceled (I was refunded $ yesterday- everyone who bought tickets was) that they will be included with the other bands I am hearing. If so- it'll be like Sonishere in the US.

bt11763
01-24-2010, 09:24 PM
There is another metal festival yet to be announced. I am hoping since the Slayer/Megadeth/Testament tour has been canceled (I was refunded $ yesterday- everyone who bought tickets was) that they will be included with the other bands I am hearing. If so- it'll be like Sonishere in the US.

wat.

i have not heard of it being canceled, nor was i given any money (i bought 2 tickets)

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2010, 01:50 AM
Here is the email I got from ticketmaster on 1-23:

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event: Slayer / Megadeth, scheduled at the Municipal Auditorium on Sunday, January 31, 2010, at 7:00PM, has been cancelled.

Your credit card will automatically be credited the ticket price and convenience charges, and should post to your account within 7 to 10 business days. Please note, the $3.50 per order processing fee, any ticketFast, or UPS delivery charges and in-store pick up charges are non-refundable.

If you have any questions, please contact us online at:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We appreciate your business!

I had 3 friends going to different shows who were refunded like I was. At first they sent an email out saying to hold onto your ticket because the show was POSTPONED and would be RESCHEDULED.

bt11763
01-25-2010, 10:16 AM
what the shit yeah i got that email saying it was postponed and shit, and i looked at my purchase history on TM and it still said it.

im gonna have to email them, thanks.

TonyD
01-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Here is the email I got from ticketmaster on 1-23:

I wouldn't be surprised if just a few of the dates got canceled completely due to rescheduling problems or low ticket sales.

mankvill
01-25-2010, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if just a few of the dates got canceled completely due to rescheduling problems or low ticket sales.

Rescheduled for Kansas City!

If Obituary did it, so can Slayer and Megadef!

bt11763
01-25-2010, 07:12 PM

yeah i didn't think of that

daimonos
01-26-2010, 06:11 PM
I was just looking through the bands again, and I realized how disappointed I am with this lineup.

I've heard that Korn puts on a good show.

I saw Rob Zombie on Ozzfest 2006 and it was cool, should be interesting with a full stage production with theatrics and such.

Lamb of God, I think is the best band on the tour, and it sucks that they're only going to be playing 40 minutes on a stage that's a quarter of a mile away from where I'll be standing.

Five Finger Death Punch is awesome in small doses, and they put on good shows live, but since they're on the main stage, they probably won't put on that great of a show. Except if I decide to pay for seats, I might actually enjoy them.

In This Moment and 3 Inches of Blood are alright, but I don't care about them.

In my opinion Chimaira and Shadows Fall are the best on the second and third stage, I'm sure they'll put on good shows...but that's really not saying much.

Out of all the deathcore bands I've heard, Winds of Plague is at least a little bit different, but I'm sure that they will still piss me off.

Hatebreed puts on a good show too, but I couldn't give a shit less about them.

Norma Jean and Atreyu? :barf:

I'm just hoping that Ozzfest comes by and blows this out of the water.

AnthG
02-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Korn's my favourite band, so i'd definitely go if the only Canadian city on the tour wasn't dirty Montreal. plus you add in Chimaira, Lamb of God, and Shadows Fall who I love, and Hatebreed and Zombie who I hear are both fun to watch live. Plus they managed to put the shitty side stage bands on one stage, making that stage avoidable.

But i'll have to settle for the Korn show in Toronto in April with FFDP and....2Cents opening.

JuuKun
04-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Avenged Sevenfold are doing the Massachusetts date (and only the Massachusetts date).

Boy, aren't we lucky :bouville:

MPF
04-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Considering Mike Portnoy might be drumming for that show I'd say, FUCK YEAH!!!

*Then again I love Dream Theater*

mastodon421
04-17-2010, 05:27 AM
Avenged Sevenfold are doing the Massachusetts date (and only the Massachusetts date).

Boy, aren't we lucky :bouville:

Intresting what stage are they playing on?

JuuKun
04-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Intresting what stage are they playing on?

No idea. My guess is they'll be on the Main Stage, between LoG and Zombie.

They're not the worst band that could be added to the show, I suppose. I've seen them twice, and used to be a fan, watching them again wouldn't be torture. I'm not much of a DT guy, but if Portnoy is doing drums for them at the show, then there's atleast that, and Synyster (lol) isn't a half bad guitarist.

mastodon421
04-17-2010, 11:14 AM
No idea. My guess is they'll be on the Main Stage, between LoG and Zombie.

They're not the worst band that could be added to the show, I suppose. I've seen them twice, and used to be a fan, watching them again wouldn't be torture. I'm not much of a DT guy, but if Portnoy is doing drums for them at the show, then there's atleast that, and Synyster (lol) isn't a half bad guitarist.

I used to love them a few years ago. They are a good band. I hope 5FDP doesn't play that day and they take their slot so everyone else doesn't get shortened set times.