PDA

View Full Version : Winter Class Schedules

ChildrenofSodom
01-05-2010, 08:32 AM
What are you guys taking this Winter Quarter/Second Semester?

I'm in my second quarter at OSU, and I'm taking:

Socio 467 - The Sociology of Religion
Polisci 518 - Gun Politics
English 280H - The English Bible
Freshman Seminar on The Historical Jesus

I'm pretty stoked. I had my English bible class (The KJV Bible as literature) and seminar yesterday. Both take a look at inherently religious topics from a secular and historic viewpoint. Very diverse group of students. Should be fun. I have Gun Politics and Sociology of Religion tonight. The syllabus for the former has us watching Bowling for Columbine and the Gun Nation episode of 30 Days, as well as a few guest speakers, and "Optional Range Days" (whatever that means.) The Socio class requires us to observe one Christian and one non-Christian service.

IrritatedTrout
01-05-2010, 09:29 AM
The syllabus for the former has us watching Bowling for Columbine and the Gun Nation episode of 30 Days, as well as a few guest speakers, and "Optional Range Days" (whatever that means.)

I assume it means the class will go to a shooting range.

My 3 week interterm schedule is a freakin killer. It consists of:

ES 155 - Snowboarding.

:D My life consists of sleeping, eating, working out, and boarding for the next three weeks.:party:

DethMaiden
01-05-2010, 09:46 AM
one non-Christian service.

Go to a black mass. :666:

Uhh, schedule's aight:

J155- Research Techniques for Journalists
J200- Writing, Reporting, and Editing
J210- Visual Communication
E308- Survey of Public Finance
M119- Brief Survey of Calculus
H203- Mozart and His Era

Mozart class sounds easy but will probably still be uber gay. Calculus will be a headache. The rest are for my major(s) so I should be fine there.

ChildrenofSodom
01-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Optional range day means we are going to go to the OSU Pistol Team shooting range, and shoot 22s.

And for my non-Christian service, I'm either looking for a Humanist celebration, Asatru gathering, or Wiccan orgy.

Div
01-05-2010, 11:13 PM
winter meaning during winter break? or is this your version of a spring semester?

ChildrenofSodom
01-06-2010, 07:14 AM
winter meaning during winter break? or is this your version of a spring semester?

OSU is on Quarters, so....Fall Quarter is September to December (The Fall), Winter is January to March (The Winter), and Spring is April to June (The Spring). So, if you're on Semesters, I guess I mean second semester.

Fe Maiden
01-06-2010, 09:50 AM
M119- Brief Survey of Calculus
As opposed to a long survey?????:D

DethMaiden
01-06-2010, 09:51 AM
As opposed to a long survey?????:D

Well, M211- Calculus exists, but I feel like a Brief Survey is going to be easier. :lol:

SirLardsAlot
01-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Spring 2010 Semester:

COMM 320 - Writing for Public Relations
COMM 325 - Media, Sports, and Society
COMM 356 - Media and Technology

And an internship at a Clear Channel radio station. WNNJ 103.7 and WSUS 102.3, for you Sussex Countians. :party:

ChildrenofSodom
01-06-2010, 11:47 AM
I am going in Friday to fill out some paperwork for my internship with State Representative Ray Pryor. Should be a fun time....get my foot in the political door.

Div
01-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Spring 2010 Semester:

COMM 320 - Writing for Public Relations
COMM 325 - Media, Sports, and Society
COMM 356 - Media and Technology

And an internship at a Clear Channel radio station. WNNJ 103.7 and WSUS 102.3, for you Sussex Countians. :party:

dude if you get your own radio show I just may start listening to radio again :horns:
id love to hear some maiden or megadeth played on 103.7

SirLardsAlot
01-06-2010, 04:23 PM
dude if you get your own radio show I just may start listening to radio again :horns:
id love to hear some maiden or megadeth played on 103.7

Haha that'd be awesome. I dunno if I get air time, I think it's gonna be alot of behind-the-scenes and promotions/events stuff. But who knows :D